Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88404 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
How about this strategy...
make your way back to the apt your staying in, maintaining a 20ft distance between yourself and the person following you. It was never stated that zimmerman was trying to close the gap or apprehend martin, just that he followed him. martin walked zimmerman walked, martin ran and hid, zimmerman went looking for him.
It was never zimmermans intention to apprehend the person, only to maintain a visual line of site as to his whereabouts. If martin has simply kept his pace and path, zimmerman would have followed at a safe (for both of them) distance.
Your view that zimmernam wanted a confrontation is unfounded.
<quoted text>
Zimmerman is a pig who was hunting lack kids. Eff him.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88405 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
How about this strategy...
make your way back to the apt your staying in, maintaining a 20ft distance between yourself and the person following you. It was never stated that zimmerman was trying to close the gap or apprehend martin, just that he followed him. martin walked zimmerman walked, martin ran and hid, zimmerman went looking for him.
It was never zimmermans intention to apprehend the person, only to maintain a visual line of site as to his whereabouts. If martin has simply kept his pace and path, zimmerman would have followed at a safe (for both of them) distance.
Your view that zimmernam wanted a confrontation is unfounded.
<quoted text>
martin had no idea who he was and whst his intention was. If you feel someone intends to harm you, would you just let them keep following you? Lead them back to your home? I wouldn't. Hell, just this week, my wife felt like the car behind us was following us and told me to drive past our street just to be safe. He turned off soon after, but we certainly were not going to lead someone that may have intended to harm us right to our home.

Years ago in my days of youth, a similar thing happened. My friend looked out the car window and made eye contact with a group of kids that looked none too hsppy. They began to follow us. He made sure we did not head back to his house until we lost them. And they were definitely following us.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88406 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
You mean....
throw the first punch
slam his head into the concrete a few times so he is seeing stars
lean over him and tell him he is going to die.
and then wonder why he pulls a gun and shoots you.
<quoted text>
first he asked what the f is your problem.

Seems to jibe with my interpretation of the events. I ran from this dude and he's still following me and trying to find me. He feared for his safety and stood his ground. Only he didn't use a gun.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88407 Jul 17, 2013
Not your most intelligent statement.
And like Toj, we are all glad you were not on the jury either.

If he wanted to hunt black kids, he would move to chicago and not pace around his development waiting for them to wander into his path.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88408 Jul 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
i won't go that far. I don't yhink he went out there with the intention of killing or shooting him. But he created the situation that led to it. As Race said, watch people are supposed to observe and repiort. Once he got out of his car, he was no longer simply observing.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88409 Jul 17, 2013
I do think zimmerman was profiling, and as much as that's a hot button issue, i have no problem with that. If the majority of the crime in that community was being committed by black youths, it only makes sense to be suspicious of some black kid walking yhru the neighbor hood st night. But once he tried to play cop he lost me. Call the cops and stay back.

Neda, stay with me!

#88410 Jul 17, 2013
Well, martin did have a cell phone right? He was using it to talk to his girlfriend while he was being followed right? Did he think to call the cops? Tell his girlfriend to call the cops? NO he did not. Why would a kid afraid of someone following him not call the cops? Answer: Cause he was not afraid. He was gonna kick a craka's ass is what he was thinking, no fear at all, so why call the cops?

These arguments are devolving into the world of make believe.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>martin had no idea who he was and whst his intention was. If you feel someone intends to harm you, would you just let them keep following you? Lead them back to your home? I wouldn't. Hell, just this week, my wife felt like the car behind us was following us and told me to drive past our street just to be safe. He turned off soon after, but we certainly were not going to lead someone that may have intended to harm us right to our home.
Years ago in my days of youth, a similar thing happened. My friend looked out the car window and made eye contact with a group of kids that looked none too hsppy. They began to follow us. He made sure we did not head back to his house until we lost them. And they were definitely following us.

Neda, stay with me!

#88411 Jul 17, 2013
Sorry, dont have a transcript of convo.
What was Z's response?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>first he asked what the f is your problem.
Seems to jibe with my interpretation of the events. I ran from this dude and he's still following me and trying to find me. He feared for his safety and stood his ground. Only he didn't use a gun.

Location hidden

#88412 Jul 17, 2013
The police report that at least three other times, he'd reported the presence of a black person on his neighborhood and was told to back off. The guy is a racist. Too bad he gets his gun back.

Location hidden

#88413 Jul 17, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I do think zimmerman was profiling, and as much as that's a hot button issue, i have no problem with that. If the majority of the crime in that community was being committed by black youths, it only makes sense to be suspicious of some black kid walking yhru the neighbor hood st night. But once he tried to play cop he lost me. Call the cops and stay back.
Yup. He disobeyed the cops. Thought he knew better. Sounds like a wannabe cop.

Neda, stay with me!

#88415 Jul 17, 2013
You are prejudiced! The guy did what he was taught to do, but because he called the cops he is a racist.

I would rather live next to the guy who calls the cops and is labeled a racist then the guy who wont because he is afraid of being labeled as one.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
The police report that at least three other times, he'd reported the presence of a black person on his neighborhood and was told to back off. The guy is a racist. Too bad he gets his gun back.

Neda, stay with me!

#88416 Jul 17, 2013
No, sounds like someone who does not want a possible theif with a parole violation to elude capture.
Just trying to make sure if the guy is a crook, he goes to jail.

Gee, what an asshat he is for wanting that.

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. He disobeyed the cops. Thought he knew better. Sounds like a wannabe cop.

Neda, stay with me!

#88417 Jul 17, 2013
You know this how? Did he tell you? did he confess to this?
Quit stating your opinion as fact, its really does nothing but show your own prejudice towards him.

If its your opinion, then state is as such and quit trying to prove you know more than the jurors who found him innocent of the crime and prejudice you are accusing him of.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought he knew better.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88418 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
You know this how? Did he tell you? did he confess to this?
Quit stating your opinion as fact, its really does nothing but show your own prejudice towards him.
If its your opinion, then state is as such and quit trying to prove you know more than the jurors who found him innocent of the crime and prejudice you are accusing him of.
<quoted text>
i have no problem with the jurors. I have a problem with the way the law is written

Neda, stay with me!

#88419 Jul 17, 2013
And as far as callin the cops because of black people in his neighborhood, BFD.
I can honestly say that I will call the cops 100 out of 100 times that I see a black guy wandering my neighborhood.
I have 3 black neighbors, and I know them, any other black people are simply not residents and have no business wandering around. So label me a racist too, but...
I will also call the cops 100 out ot 100 times when I see a white person I dont know wandering my neighborhood.

As a side note, I saw a woman riding a bike around the neighborhood, and she obviously knew I was scoping her out
(looked like a crazy white cat lady). Anyway, when she rode past me she made a point of saying hello, my name is veronica snd I live a couple of streets over.

I have done the same when I drive thru the roads that I do not live directly off of. I get profiled too by my neighbors who dont know me, and I respect that.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88420 Jul 17, 2013
Team Tonka in this argument. My initial impression of Zimmerman was that of Red's, but I followed the trial. Can't say I'd have voted any differently, though I was hoping for at least manslaughter.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88421 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
And as far as callin the cops because of black people in his neighborhood, BFD.
I can honestly say that I will call the cops 100 out of 100 times that I see a black guy wandering my neighborhood.
I have 3 black neighbors, and I know them, any other black people are simply not residents and have no business wandering around. So label me a racist too, but...
I will also call the cops 100 out ot 100 times when I see a white person I dont know wandering my neighborhood.
As a side note, I saw a woman riding a bike around the neighborhood, and she obviously knew I was scoping her out
(looked like a crazy white cat lady). Anyway, when she rode past me she made a point of saying hello, my name is veronica snd I live a couple of streets over.
I have done the same when I drive thru the roads that I do not live directly off of. I get profiled too by my neighbors who dont know me, and I respect that.
<quoted text>
Of course she came by and said hi. She saw your gun on your waist and was afraid you'd run her down and shoot her since you didn't know her!

:)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88422 Jul 17, 2013

Neda, stay with me!

#88423 Jul 17, 2013
What law is that? The one that says you can defend yourself when your jumped?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> i have no problem with the jurors. I have a problem with the way the law is written

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88424 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
What law is that? The one that says you can defend yourself when your jumped?
<quoted text>
The part that allows you to create/escalate a confrontation then run to your gun when you get scared.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min DBWriter 1,110,528
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Earthling-1 46,809
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min Rick Moss 69,418
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min oh haters 49,901
Abby 9-22 47 min edogxxx 1
Amy 9-22 51 min edogxxx 1
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr texas pete 4,734
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,188
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago