Topix Chitown Regulars

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Comments (Page 4,357)

Showing posts 87,121 - 87,140 of97,500
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88353
Jul 17, 2013
 

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88354
Jul 17, 2013
 

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88355
Jul 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

This story made me cry at my desk at work:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/17/reddit-us...

I'm babysitting 1.5 year old Hazel tonight (and her almost-3 sister Rory!).

Two year olds shouldn't get cancer, damnit!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88356
Jul 17, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
And seven black kids were shot in Chicago last night. Where's Jessie and Sharpton now? Where's the national media attention? Where's the outrage?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88357
Jul 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

It's an inconvenient truth.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And seven black kids were shot in Chicago last night. Where's Jessie and Sharpton now? Where's the national media attention? Where's the outrage?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88358
Jul 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And seven black kids were shot in Chicago last night. Where's Jessie and Sharpton now? Where's the national media attention? Where's the outrage?
Where's the CHICAGO (local) media attention? I don't see any of this on the front page of the Chicago Tribune.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88359
Jul 17, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the CHICAGO (local) media attention? I don't see any of this on the front page of the Chicago Tribune.
Check the Trib in the morning. They have a box with overnight shootings and homicides. The SunTimes has a whole section on its front webpage called Homicides.

Without diminishing teh imporance, teh severity should also be assessed based on teh amount of publicity. If we had 20 weekend shootings and 3 homicides and it was not front page news half the people and especially the non- Chicago people would not think twice.

Ten years ago or so ( maybe as longer as May 1988 after the Laurie Dann shootings) there was outrage that so much press was given to white kids who were hot and so little given to black kids. Then the outrage went to missing cute white girls and no one else. The major Chicago news sites did start front page articles about all kids who were reported missing; there is almost never a report on resolution.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88360
Jul 17, 2013
 
Edit: white kids who were SHOT

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88361
Jul 17, 2013
 
PEllen wrote:
Edit: white kids who were SHOT
Heh I assumed the missing "s".

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88362
Jul 17, 2013
 
Meanwhile, 22 children in India were killed from tainted school lunches.

And I found out my sister was in the hospital for acute appendicitis or something. She's home now and fine.

And my friend Ali got engaged today! About time she settled down. Friggin wh0 re :)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88363
Jul 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

What does the local media attention have to do with that pig sharfpton and his rabid tirades? Why is he not lamenting those people who died? Oh, right, no controversy, so no money.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the CHICAGO (local) media attention? I don't see any of this on the front page of the Chicago Tribune.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88364
Jul 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Here ya go, crucify zimmerman in the court of public opinion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...

Pathetic, instead of standing on the law, they are asking to be told what to do...Just pathetic.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88365
Jul 17, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
What does the local media attention have to do with that pig sharfpton and his rabid tirades? Why is he not lamenting those people who died? Oh, right, no controversy, so no money.
<quoted text>
My only point was, why should someone like Sharpton make a stink (isn't he based in NYC?) when the locals aren't even bothering?

I just googled Sharpton to verify that he's from NYC (he is)-- have you seen him lately? He's lost a lot of weight and got a younger girlfriend.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88366
Jul 17, 2013
 
Eew. Al Sharpton's dad left his wife (Al Jr's mom) to hook up with his own half-sister.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88367
Jul 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

RACE wrote:
Here ya go, crucify zimmerman in the court of public opinion.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
Pathetic, instead of standing on the law, they are asking to be told what to do...Just pathetic.
That is horrendous. What happened to the law and due process and all that stuff? Since when does an angry mob get to decide what happens?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88368
Jul 17, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
Here ya go, crucify zimmerman in the court of public opinion.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
Pathetic, instead of standing on the law, they are asking to be told what to do...Just pathetic.
"People can e-mail Sanford.Florida@usdoj.gov if they have thoughts on how the department should proceed."

Um, no. I do not want public opinion weighing in on matters of law.

That jury screwed up. Now it's okay to pick a fight with someone, then when they get the upper hand, shoot them and cry self defense.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88369
Jul 17, 2013
 
Al Sharpton and his new hottie:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/al-s...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88370
Jul 17, 2013
 
The Justice Department is the same team that sent a group to Florida to drum up support for Travon, thereby nationalizing this issue.

But I actually love to see Liberals pzzing all over themselves and looking like idiots. As usual. That's why liberalism is dying -(whatever happened to those 99%ers anyway?)

The problem was, Zimmerman just wasn't white enough. Maybe the guvment will have better luck with the next white guy who shoots a black guy in self defense.

Meanwhile, black on black crime in Chicago is on the rise...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88371
Jul 17, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Um, no. I do not want public opinion weighing in on matters of law.
That jury screwed up. Now it's okay to pick a fight with someone, then when they get the upper hand, shoot them and cry self defense.
Is this a "public opinion" or were you in the courtroom?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88372
Jul 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

He may be from NYC, but he is based in chitown now with his shakdown buddy Jesse.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
My only point was, why should someone like Sharpton make a stink (isn't he based in NYC?) when the locals aren't even bothering?
I just googled Sharpton to verify that he's from NYC (he is)-- have you seen him lately? He's lost a lot of weight and got a younger girlfriend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,121 - 87,140 of97,500
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 3 min bensleys thoughts 5
City to install more jet noise monitors in Chicago 13 min bensleys thoughts 1
Israel And Palestine, An Animated Introduction 26 min Charles Idemi 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 174,372
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 2 hr NITiN 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,077,537
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr voice of peace 67,813
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••