Topix Chitown Regulars

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88389 Jul 17, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay -- I'm the one that doesn't have a brain yet you are the one that has to use insults to "speak". Hmmm....
Mine works fine and I really dn't care whether you agree. The cops told Martin NOT TO FOLLOW, but he followed Trayvon. They told Martin to stay in his car -- he did not.
If someone was following me and I was a guy, I would go up to the guy following me and ask him WTF is he following me for. I would perceive HIM to be a threat/criminal.
I do believe that Zimmerman should have been found not guilty but only b/c of the poor execution of the prosecution. The prosecution sucked.
By the way, when you treat people like aholes it defines you not them.
If I was walking down ghe street minding my own business and some dude, not a uniformed police officer, not a uniformed security guard, was driving slowly behind me following me down the road in a civilian car, I would assume this dude had bad intentions. If some civilian dude, ie: someone who has zero authority over me starts question ing me about my business, I am unlikely to be coopertive.

Read the transcript of the 911. He refers to the kid he was following as an a-hole. Then he's like oh crap, he's running. So Martin initially ran away and this dude that has been following him chases after him. Is it illegal to follow someone? No. But he chased somecdude that had no idea why he was being chased. He did not just remain in his car and observe. He got out of his car to find Martin. Ie:he escalated the situation. He went looking for a confrontation and ehen thing did not go his way, he ran to his gun. He may not have thrown the first punch, but his actions leading up to it are the reason there was a punch to begin with.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#88390 Jul 17, 2013
But of course if martin was the neighborhood watch then the trial would have never occured because a bunch of self serving supposed "community leaders" would have never grabbed a microphone and started race baiting the entire country, just so they could line their filthy pockets.

#88391 Jul 17, 2013
here's a question.

Since zimmerman has a white father, they came up with this new term "White Hispanic" to describe him, so is obamma a "White Black"? Or maybe he's a "Black White"?

#88392 Jul 17, 2013
No, you can be as big an asshat as you want to be as long as you are not physical.

Some guy mouths off to you in a bar, you throw the punch, who gets arrested?

ok, you dont throw the punch, instead you walk away and the guy follows you so you hide in the bushes and then jump him and deck him when he gets close. Who gets arrested?

zimmerman did what he felt needed to be done to protect his neighborhood, nothing more nothing less, and he did NOTHING ILLEGAL in doing so.

Neighborhood watch are taught to observe and report but not get involved. Well you cant report on what you cannot see, so following martin was the only way he could do what he was taught to do.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> If I was walking down ghe street minding my own business and some dude, not a uniformed police officer, not a uniformed security guard, was driving slowly behind me following me down the road in a civilian car, I would assume this dude had bad intentions. If some civilian dude, ie: someone who has zero authority over me starts question ing me about my business, I am unlikely to be coopertive.
Read the transcript of the 911. He refers to the kid he was following as an a-hole. Then he's like oh crap, he's running. So Martin initially ran away and this dude that has been following him chases after him. Is it illegal to follow someone? No. But he chased somecdude that had no idea why he was being chased. He did not just remain in his car and observe. He got out of his car to find Martin. Ie:he escalated the situation. He went looking for a confrontation and ehen thing did not go his way, he ran to his gun. He may not have thrown the first punch, but his actions leading up to it are the reason there was a punch to begin with.

#88393 Jul 17, 2013
Pure speculation on your part Tonka. I am surprised you would insert your own bias into this, you are usually much more factual.

I say he followed martin so that he could give a positive location as to martins whereabouts when the police arrived. Remember that little factiod? He called the cops, he wanted them to question martin and discern his intentions.
If zimmerman wanted to be all Dirty Harry, I think he would have just skipped over the whole bother of calling the police, dont you think?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> He went looking for a confrontation ...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88394 Jul 17, 2013
And to be clear on my position, I don't care what race either of them are. I first read this story in the day or so after it happened before it blew up. The initial report did not list names, races, or ages and was short on detsils. My initial assumption was some old 'you will respect my authority' type and some white kid who was not answering his questions or respecting his authority.

As for 'stand your ground', I'm all for it...except when the one standing his ground instigated the confrontation.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88395 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
here's a question.
Since zimmerman has a white father, they came up with this new term "White Hispanic" to describe him, so is obamma a "White Black"? Or maybe he's a "Black White"?
What's wrong with...Mister President, at least for the next three years?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88396 Jul 17, 2013
See what happens when people try to prevent crime in their neighborhoods!?

#88397 Jul 17, 2013
Well, since zimmerman is called Mr, Zimmerman a white hispanic....
I think obamma should be granted the same
Mr. Obamma a white black....

Fair is fair after all.

And even if zimmerman had a doctorate, he would still be called Dr, Zimmerman a white hispanic.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88398 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
No, you can be as big an asshat as you want to be as long as you are not physical.
Apparently so, but I don't agree with that. I don't subscribe to the idea that you can instigate an altercation and then run to your gun and say you were scared. If you're so scared, back the f off.
RACE wrote:
Some guy mouths off to you in a bar, you throw the punch, who gets arrested?
ok, you dont throw the punch, instead you walk away and the guy follows you so you hide in the bushes and then jump him and deck him when he gets close. Who gets arrested?
Don' t be so sure about that. This guy walked away. Guy followed him out the bar. The guy who walked away threw the only punch and the other dude got arrested.

&fe ature=share

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88399 Jul 17, 2013
Oh, and as far as martin hiding in wait, I see it differntly. Some dude he does not know is slowly followng him down the street. He does not know why. He does not know why. The dude's not a cop or security guard. He's worried for his own safety. So instead of turning and confronting this unknown guy with unknown intentions, he runs away. He thinks he's safe, but the dude shows up again. Only now, the dude is not in his car. He' s out on foot looking for him. Hiding in the bushes is not gonna work since his dudecis out looking thru the bushes really trying to find him. He could try running again, but this dude has shown he's not giving up. New stategy. Throw the first punch with the element of surprise.

#88400 Jul 17, 2013
How about this strategy...
make your way back to the apt your staying in, maintaining a 20ft distance between yourself and the person following you. It was never stated that zimmerman was trying to close the gap or apprehend martin, just that he followed him. martin walked zimmerman walked, martin ran and hid, zimmerman went looking for him.

It was never zimmermans intention to apprehend the person, only to maintain a visual line of site as to his whereabouts. If martin has simply kept his pace and path, zimmerman would have followed at a safe (for both of them) distance.

Your view that zimmernam wanted a confrontation is unfounded.
Mister Tonka wrote:
Oh, and as far as martin hiding in wait, I see it differntly. Some dude he does not know is slowly followng him down the street. He does not know why. He does not know why. The dude's not a cop or security guard. He's worried for his own safety. So instead of turning and confronting this unknown guy with unknown intentions, he runs away. He thinks he's safe, but the dude shows up again. Only now, the dude is not in his car. He' s out on foot looking for him. Hiding in the bushes is not gonna work since his dudecis out looking thru the bushes really trying to find him. He could try running again, but this dude has shown he's not giving up. New stategy. Throw the first punch with the element of surprise.

#88401 Jul 17, 2013
How can you back the F* off when your are blind sided and having your head caved in?

Again, you cant arbitrarily say zimmerman wanted a fight, HE DID NOT! He just wanted to keep the guy in his sights. Thats not being a wannabe cop, or clint eastwood. Its just a guy that is tired of seeing his neighbors and himself ripped off by punks. He wanted the cops to do their job, and he wanted to help in anyway he could. LEGALLY!

Again with your personal bias.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently so, but I don't agree with that. I don't subscribe to the idea that you can instigate an altercation and then run to your gun and say you were scared. If you're so scared, back the f off.
<quoted text>

#88403 Jul 17, 2013
You mean....
throw the first punch
slam his head into the concrete a few times so he is seeing stars
lean over him and tell him he is going to die.

and then wonder why he pulls a gun and shoots you.
Mister Tonka wrote:
Throw the first punch with the element of surprise.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88404 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
make your way back to the apt your staying in, maintaining a 20ft distance between yourself and the person following you. It was never stated that zimmerman was trying to close the gap or apprehend martin, just that he followed him. martin walked zimmerman walked, martin ran and hid, zimmerman went looking for him.
It was never zimmermans intention to apprehend the person, only to maintain a visual line of site as to his whereabouts. If martin has simply kept his pace and path, zimmerman would have followed at a safe (for both of them) distance.
<quoted text>
Zimmerman is a pig who was hunting lack kids. Eff him.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88405 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
martin had no idea who he was and whst his intention was. If you feel someone intends to harm you, would you just let them keep following you? Lead them back to your home? I wouldn't. Hell, just this week, my wife felt like the car behind us was following us and told me to drive past our street just to be safe. He turned off soon after, but we certainly were not going to lead someone that may have intended to harm us right to our home.

Years ago in my days of youth, a similar thing happened. My friend looked out the car window and made eye contact with a group of kids that looked none too hsppy. They began to follow us. He made sure we did not head back to his house until we lost them. And they were definitely following us.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88406 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
You mean....
throw the first punch
slam his head into the concrete a few times so he is seeing stars
lean over him and tell him he is going to die.
and then wonder why he pulls a gun and shoots you.
<quoted text>
first he asked what the f is your problem.

Seems to jibe with my interpretation of the events. I ran from this dude and he's still following me and trying to find me. He feared for his safety and stood his ground. Only he didn't use a gun.

#88407 Jul 17, 2013
Not your most intelligent statement.
And like Toj, we are all glad you were not on the jury either.

If he wanted to hunt black kids, he would move to chicago and not pace around his development waiting for them to wander into his path.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88408 Jul 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
i won't go that far. I don't yhink he went out there with the intention of killing or shooting him. But he created the situation that led to it. As Race said, watch people are supposed to observe and repiort. Once he got out of his car, he was no longer simply observing.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88409 Jul 17, 2013
I do think zimmerman was profiling, and as much as that's a hot button issue, i have no problem with that. If the majority of the crime in that community was being committed by black youths, it only makes sense to be suspicious of some black kid walking yhru the neighbor hood st night. But once he tried to play cop he lost me. Call the cops and stay back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,252,280
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques Ottawa 192,456
9 dead 53 injured 9 min Baffled in Texas 7
aggy-6-30-15 10 min Kuuipo 19
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Patriot AKA Bozo 53,998
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mark 52,025
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr White_Lightning 6,150
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages