Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88381 Jul 17, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
That is horrendous. What happened to the law and due process and all that stuff? Since when does an angry mob get to decide what happens?
I agree. Due process is one of the best things about our country. I didn't like the recall effort in Wisconsin. I figured, don't like the guy in office? YOu have a chance to vote him out down the road.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88382 Jul 17, 2013
So what? It is not against the law to follow someone! Its not against the law to call the cops when you see people who do not fit the character of your neighborhood. If fact, at the neighborhood meeting I have attended, the police encourage residents to do that.

His neighborhood had experienced a jump in crimes, well that spike did not happen because the crooks were not in the neighborhood. If you see something odd or out of place, you call the cops, that is the mantra used to prevent terrorism and to prevent crime.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also been documented that at least three other times, Zimmerman followed black people walking through that neighborhood and called 911. The dude's a racial profiler.
Remember when this first happened, his dad tried to claim that his son was a non native English speaker, Hispanic, a minority just like Trayvon.

Neda, stay with me!

#88383 Jul 17, 2013
You are beyond ignorant. martin did not live there, it is perfectly reasonable for a neighborhood watch person to suspect he may be up to no good. But you are saying that because he was black that martin should have turned a blind eye because to do otherwise makes him a racist profiler.

Grow a brain will you!
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Who did Trayvon think he was? Walking while black!(sarcasm)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88384 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
You are beyond ignorant. martin did not live there, it is perfectly reasonable for a neighborhood watch person to suspect he may be up to no good. But you are saying that because he was black that martin should have turned a blind eye because to do otherwise makes him a racist profiler.
Grow a brain will you!
<quoted text>
Okay -- I'm the one that doesn't have a brain yet you are the one that has to use insults to "speak". Hmmm....

Mine works fine and I really dn't care whether you agree. The cops told Martin NOT TO FOLLOW, but he followed Trayvon. They told Martin to stay in his car -- he did not.

If someone was following me and I was a guy, I would go up to the guy following me and ask him WTF is he following me for. I would perceive HIM to be a threat/criminal.

I do believe that Zimmerman should have been found not guilty but only b/c of the poor execution of the prosecution. The prosecution sucked.

By the way, when you treat people like aholes it defines you not them.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88385 Jul 17, 2013
And yes, I realize I kept getting Zimmerman's first name wrong. It's George not Martin. I was trying to do things at work as well and I guess I lost track of the names. Ha!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88386 Jul 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the CHICAGO (local) media attention? I don't see any of this on the front page of the Chicago Tribune.
Might be some racial/political pressure....WGN had a movie, instead of the Nightly News, on at 10pm....I've hardly ever seen that....HLN, MSNBC and CNN should take some heat in their race-baiting coverage.....

Neda, stay with me!

#88387 Jul 17, 2013
Dispite you trying to paint his actons as unlawful, They weren't. Tough for you.

Your the one who seems to know more than the jury did, thank god you were not on it, you would have railroaded him into prison just because martin was black. That makes you ignorant, and it is not an insult, it is a FACT!

OH, and btw martin was a male, and he did not do as you would have done, instead he hid in the bushes and jumped zimmerman and started slamming his head into the cement. But you are saying that its justified because martin was black.

maybe martin should have confronted zimmerman instead of attacking him, but he didn't, he wanted to beat up a cracker, and thats what he did, and of course thats ok buy you because martin was black.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay -- I'm the one that doesn't have a brain yet you are the one that has to use insults to "speak". Hmmm....
Mine works fine and I really dn't care whether you agree. The cops told Martin NOT TO FOLLOW, but he followed Trayvon. They told Martin to stay in his car -- he did not.
If someone was following me and I was a guy, I would go up to the guy following me and ask him WTF is he following me for. I would perceive HIM to be a threat/criminal.
I do believe that Zimmerman should have been found not guilty but only b/c of the poor execution of the prosecution. The prosecution sucked.

Neda, stay with me!

#88388 Jul 17, 2013
and I am sure that if martin was the neighborhood watch and zimmerman was the person walking, you would have been praising the justice system for working as it should and a black man was exonerated for defending his life.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88389 Jul 17, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was walking down ghe street minding my own business and some dude, not a uniformed police officer, not a uniformed security guard, was driving slowly behind me following me down the road in a civilian car, I would assume this dude had bad intentions. If some civilian dude, ie: someone who has zero authority over me starts question ing me about my business, I am unlikely to be coopertive.

Read the transcript of the 911. He refers to the kid he was following as an a-hole. Then he's like oh crap, he's running. So Martin initially ran away and this dude that has been following him chases after him. Is it illegal to follow someone? No. But he chased somecdude that had no idea why he was being chased. He did not just remain in his car and observe. He got out of his car to find Martin. Ie:he escalated the situation. He went looking for a confrontation and ehen thing did not go his way, he ran to his gun. He may not have thrown the first punch, but his actions leading up to it are the reason there was a punch to begin with.

Neda, stay with me!

#88390 Jul 17, 2013
But of course if martin was the neighborhood watch then the trial would have never occured because a bunch of self serving supposed "community leaders" would have never grabbed a microphone and started race baiting the entire country, just so they could line their filthy pockets.

Neda, stay with me!

#88391 Jul 17, 2013
here's a question.

Since zimmerman has a white father, they came up with this new term "White Hispanic" to describe him, so is obamma a "White Black"? Or maybe he's a "Black White"?

Neda, stay with me!

#88392 Jul 17, 2013
No, you can be as big an asshat as you want to be as long as you are not physical.

Some guy mouths off to you in a bar, you throw the punch, who gets arrested?

ok, you dont throw the punch, instead you walk away and the guy follows you so you hide in the bushes and then jump him and deck him when he gets close. Who gets arrested?

zimmerman did what he felt needed to be done to protect his neighborhood, nothing more nothing less, and he did NOTHING ILLEGAL in doing so.

Neighborhood watch are taught to observe and report but not get involved. Well you cant report on what you cannot see, so following martin was the only way he could do what he was taught to do.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> If I was walking down ghe street minding my own business and some dude, not a uniformed police officer, not a uniformed security guard, was driving slowly behind me following me down the road in a civilian car, I would assume this dude had bad intentions. If some civilian dude, ie: someone who has zero authority over me starts question ing me about my business, I am unlikely to be coopertive.
Read the transcript of the 911. He refers to the kid he was following as an a-hole. Then he's like oh crap, he's running. So Martin initially ran away and this dude that has been following him chases after him. Is it illegal to follow someone? No. But he chased somecdude that had no idea why he was being chased. He did not just remain in his car and observe. He got out of his car to find Martin. Ie:he escalated the situation. He went looking for a confrontation and ehen thing did not go his way, he ran to his gun. He may not have thrown the first punch, but his actions leading up to it are the reason there was a punch to begin with.

Neda, stay with me!

#88393 Jul 17, 2013
Pure speculation on your part Tonka. I am surprised you would insert your own bias into this, you are usually much more factual.

I say he followed martin so that he could give a positive location as to martins whereabouts when the police arrived. Remember that little factiod? He called the cops, he wanted them to question martin and discern his intentions.
If zimmerman wanted to be all Dirty Harry, I think he would have just skipped over the whole bother of calling the police, dont you think?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> He went looking for a confrontation ...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88394 Jul 17, 2013
And to be clear on my position, I don't care what race either of them are. I first read this story in the day or so after it happened before it blew up. The initial report did not list names, races, or ages and was short on detsils. My initial assumption was some old 'you will respect my authority' type and some white kid who was not answering his questions or respecting his authority.

As for 'stand your ground', I'm all for it...except when the one standing his ground instigated the confrontation.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88395 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
here's a question.
Since zimmerman has a white father, they came up with this new term "White Hispanic" to describe him, so is obamma a "White Black"? Or maybe he's a "Black White"?
What's wrong with...Mister President, at least for the next three years?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88396 Jul 17, 2013
See what happens when people try to prevent crime in their neighborhoods!?

Neda, stay with me!

#88397 Jul 17, 2013
Well, since zimmerman is called Mr, Zimmerman a white hispanic....
I think obamma should be granted the same
Mr. Obamma a white black....

Fair is fair after all.

And even if zimmerman had a doctorate, he would still be called Dr, Zimmerman a white hispanic.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88398 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
No, you can be as big an asshat as you want to be as long as you are not physical.
Apparently so, but I don't agree with that. I don't subscribe to the idea that you can instigate an altercation and then run to your gun and say you were scared. If you're so scared, back the f off.
RACE wrote:
Some guy mouths off to you in a bar, you throw the punch, who gets arrested?
ok, you dont throw the punch, instead you walk away and the guy follows you so you hide in the bushes and then jump him and deck him when he gets close. Who gets arrested?
Don' t be so sure about that. This guy walked away. Guy followed him out the bar. The guy who walked away threw the only punch and the other dude got arrested.

&fe ature=share

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88399 Jul 17, 2013
Oh, and as far as martin hiding in wait, I see it differntly. Some dude he does not know is slowly followng him down the street. He does not know why. He does not know why. The dude's not a cop or security guard. He's worried for his own safety. So instead of turning and confronting this unknown guy with unknown intentions, he runs away. He thinks he's safe, but the dude shows up again. Only now, the dude is not in his car. He' s out on foot looking for him. Hiding in the bushes is not gonna work since his dudecis out looking thru the bushes really trying to find him. He could try running again, but this dude has shown he's not giving up. New stategy. Throw the first punch with the element of surprise.

Neda, stay with me!

#88400 Jul 17, 2013
How about this strategy...
make your way back to the apt your staying in, maintaining a 20ft distance between yourself and the person following you. It was never stated that zimmerman was trying to close the gap or apprehend martin, just that he followed him. martin walked zimmerman walked, martin ran and hid, zimmerman went looking for him.

It was never zimmermans intention to apprehend the person, only to maintain a visual line of site as to his whereabouts. If martin has simply kept his pace and path, zimmerman would have followed at a safe (for both of them) distance.

Your view that zimmernam wanted a confrontation is unfounded.
Mister Tonka wrote:
Oh, and as far as martin hiding in wait, I see it differntly. Some dude he does not know is slowly followng him down the street. He does not know why. He does not know why. The dude's not a cop or security guard. He's worried for his own safety. So instead of turning and confronting this unknown guy with unknown intentions, he runs away. He thinks he's safe, but the dude shows up again. Only now, the dude is not in his car. He' s out on foot looking for him. Hiding in the bushes is not gonna work since his dudecis out looking thru the bushes really trying to find him. He could try running again, but this dude has shown he's not giving up. New stategy. Throw the first punch with the element of surprise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,155,958
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 37 min KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 48 min very disappointed 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 59 min IBdaMann 49,324
amy 12-26 2 hr RACE 3
abby 12-26 2 hr RACE 3
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 2 hr Big Red 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]