Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88322 Jul 16, 2013
This morning's random vinyl was marvelous: Willie NElson's "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain."

Location hidden

#88323 Jul 16, 2013
I don't want to sound mean, but I Think the best thing that could happen to Matilda's SIL is the boyfriend calls of the wedding and breaks up with her.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88324 Jul 16, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88325 Jul 16, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88326 Jul 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>That is a bit unreasonable...as this is 8th and final season of Dexter.....that is a boatload of watching.....
Well, they don't have jobs and only get off the couch when we make them or there's food to be had. I think they can do it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88327 Jul 16, 2013
There once was a girl from Peru
Who had absolutely nothing to do
So she sat on the stairs
Counting her pubic hairs
One thousand, one hundred and two

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88328 Jul 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't want to sound mean, but I Think the best thing that could happen to Matilda's SIL is the boyfriend calls of the wedding and breaks up with her.
You've been advocating their break-up from the beginning, what's that all about? Two religious people who want to do what's right and moral just doesn't sit well with you?

Hope they have a long and happy life together, Matilda!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88329 Jul 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
For real. But I don't see that happening. I think he's the type that thinks, "First girl interested in me, better lock that down."

I came downstairs this morning at 5 to go play hockey. He's sleeping on the couch with a desk lamp he found somewhere.

I'm *trying* to be understanding, but this generation still just strikes me as a giant bunch of pu$$ies. My SIL sleeps with her bedroom light on, too. I guess that's something they won't argue about...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88330 Jul 16, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

IDGAF what they do as long as they get out of my house eventually.

Why, yes. Yes, I am completely burned out.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88331 Jul 16, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
How is her housekeeping going?
I haven't peeked in her bedroom since she got here, but it'll be clean before she leaves again. Obviously, her organizational skills haven't improved much.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88332 Jul 16, 2013
Glad the guy kept his head and played along the the cop and let him have his little power trip.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I have allen down the you tube black hole watching video after video. Here is one for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#88333 Jul 16, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been advocating their break-up from the beginning, what's that all about? Two religious people who want to do what's right and moral just doesn't sit well with you?
No, becuase her SIL is a freaking mess of a human being right now.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88334 Jul 16, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they don't have jobs and only get off the couch when we make them or there's food to be had. I think they can do it.
Sorry,...But...How on earth, do they expect to get married and support themselves? Weddings are expensive...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88335 Jul 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry,...But...How on earth, do they expect to get married and support themselves? Weddings are expensive...
Yeah, they're not operating in reality. They *were* shooting for getting married next summer, but when they realized that weddings don't materialize out of thin air, they changed their tune a bit. Nobody else is really bothered by this delay.

Location hidden

#88336 Jul 16, 2013
Weddings don't have to be expensive, but just living your life costs money, and these two kids aren't ready to pay their own way through life.
Mimi

United States

#88337 Jul 16, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't afford to get married...or even elope. They can't keep jobs. They can't make a 4 year commitment to a single school because people are "mean" to them or they are judging people by dark ages standards. They can't keep one bedroom (the SIL anyway) clean and somewhat sanitary. The SIL can't keep track of her SS card and DL and goes into meltdown when she loses them...

And you think getting married is a good idea? They are a train wreck that I hope ends up at your house for you to support and clean up after since you think it's SUCH a good idea.

They can't even sleep without the lights on. Not a night light, lamps.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88338 Jul 16, 2013
I guess before I entered the conversation yesterday, my SIL was also trying to blame J for the loss of her SS card because he told her it would be a good idea to take it to school last year. It is. It's also a good idea to know where you keep it.

I think that may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me, had I been there. My in-laws were over at the time, dropping off their lawn tiller for us to use. Could have just scooped up her sh1t and put in there and sent her home with them. When J told me this, I saw red. They may not end up staying here much longer.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88339 Jul 16, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I guess before I entered the conversation yesterday, my SIL was also trying to blame J for the loss of her SS card because he told her it would be a good idea to take it to school last year. It is. It's also a good idea to know where you keep it.
I think that may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me, had I been there. My in-laws were over at the time, dropping off their lawn tiller for us to use. Could have just scooped up her sh1t and put in there and sent her home with them. When J told me this, I saw red. They may not end up staying here much longer.
Ask her what does it matter HOW she lost it? Get it replaced and take responsibility for not losing the new one. Period. End of discussion.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88340 Jul 16, 2013
Matilda -- I didn't do the mean face. I actually didn't think you were mean -- just fed up and I don't blame you.

Location hidden

#88341 Jul 16, 2013
Anyone here watch Mad Men? I caught a couple of S2 eps this weekend and did not care for it at all. I do love Jon Hamm (although, he was hardly in the eps I caught). PEggy was the main character that I saw the most of.

I think I need to retry, starting with S1E1.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min Tony Rome 1,111,067
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min loose cannon 178,225
Abby 9-22 1 hr Kuuipo 11
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,288
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,741
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,486
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,725
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••