Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't drink Yellowtail if someone paid ME $14. Throw a zero behind it and I'd consider it....
Come to think of it, Yellowtail was one of the first reds I ever tried. No wonder I was soured on it. I don't like their whites, either.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember a story on the news about Ticketbastards. A kid idolized Billy Joel, was a music/piano major at Boston College or Boston U. Took the train into NYC to stand in line at Madison Square Garden to buy a ticket to the upcoming BJ concert. He was first in line. When the window opened at 10 a.m. the next day, the moment the window opened for business, a sign saying that all BJ tickets were sold out was put in its place.
Ticketmaster already had all the tickets, along with big concert promoters, vendors, etc. They never were actually available to the public right away. T hey went to brokers who then can resell at a higher prices than on the ticket.
So this kid couldn't get a ticket. So BJ had a ticket set aside for him after hearing about it.
Kid got a nosebleed seat in the highest, farthest away row. The ticket was free, but it was an insult nonetheless. but it makes sense that it'd be the only seat left to give away.
I don't know if I buy it that brokers had akl the tickets. The thing I've seen become very prevalent is that if American Express is sponsoring the tour, AMEX card holders get access to a presale before they go on sale to the general public. Additionally, many artists are also making tickets available to fan club members thru a presale as well. Some of those fan clubs require a paid membership, some you simply have to sign up fir their email list. I'd bet that ticket deals are also made available to people following the band on facebook or twitter. The point being, while I don't doubt brokers get their hands on a lot of tickets, there's a number of ways that tix can sell out before the regular on sale day. That happened with Paul McCartney here a few months ago. Sold out by the time they went on sale to gen pop. But then they quickly added a second night

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, no joke. I know the band and crew are alotted a certain amount, but what happens when they don't know anyone in town or whatever. I've never seen front row seats empty.
Radio stations get to give them away and people working for the promoter randomly offer them to people at the show with worse seats is what I've heard

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

I'm telling ya, next BBQ, bring a couple to bake. Delish.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
We have tons (TONS!) of mangos here this year. They're all imported of course. But, I have a shit-ton of requests to make mango salsa. I took it to a BBQ a couple of years ago and now people are constantly requesting it. I'm thinking of bottling it. At least I have ripe mangos with which to work.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Sigh....
I would love to see DMB.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

RACE wrote:
Sigh....
I would love to see DMB.
I have allen down the you tube black hole watching video after video. Here is one for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Radio stations get to give them away and people working for the promoter randomly offer them to people at the show with worse seats is what I've heard
Damn. Wish they'd have done that for me when I saw the Stones in '97. Worst. Seats. Ever. Good concert, I just might as well have been sitting in the parking lot.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I have allen down the you tube black hole watching video after video. Here is one for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
That is about the most grounded and honest mother, in years.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

listen to Terry wrote:
Wow! The lady has ONE Dicken's Cider and then she's off having threesomes!
I missed it the first time. It was funny the second time.
By the third time it is same old, same old.

Can you do a riff on wine? Nuts?

If there are some nuts on the wall, what do you have? Walnuts
If there are nuts on your chest, what do you have? Chestnuts
If there are nuts on her chin, what do you have?
- A Dickens Cider her mouth

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

RACE wrote:
I'm telling ya, next BBQ, bring a couple to bake. Delish.
<quoted text>
OMG I love grilled mango.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I missed it the first time. It was funny the second time.
By the third time it is same old, same old.
Can you do a riff on wine? Nuts?
If there are some nuts on the wall, what do you have? Walnuts
If there are nuts on your chest, what do you have? Chestnuts
If there are nuts on her chin, what do you have?
- A Dickens Cider her mouth
I need a limerick that tells who I am. 5 lines. Extra credit because this teacher is weird. I have NO TALENT in that area. Ok, you're on...go for it.:D

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I need a limerick that tells who I am. 5 lines. Extra credit because this teacher is weird. I have NO TALENT in that area. Ok, you're on...go for it.:D
Bare bones. How's this

A scholarly(mysterious) ma'am from Maroc
Tasted mangoes and started to talk

She could also be found
Just monkeying around

Picking bones from some old bits of rock

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Too personal?

A much-married miss now in Wash
Also musical, she said with a Rush

Picked a bone up one day
And was carried away

And the rest of it is plain balderdosh

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

So, they've been here, what, two whole days? My SIL threw a temper tantrum because she lost her SSN card (say whaaat?) tried to blame it on her mom (remember how long she's not lived with them?) and kept interrupting when we tried to tell her how to rectify the situation.

SIL wanted Fiancé to watch all of Dexter, so they started at season 1. J goes down to let the dogs out at 6 and he's still up, watching tv. I sh1t you not, the show scared him and he was afraid to lay in the dark. He's going to be 20 in 4-ish months.

I'm drinking, and I foresee this happening every night until they're gone.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Though in Wash, Flor'da beckons to me
To ride boats on that far other sea

Grilling steaks on the dock
Booming good classic rock

Til Seattle calls, Come Home, Mimi

(probably too much to explain here.)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

There once was a lady from Pismo
Looked round and asked, Can't there be mo'?

Wandered hither and yon.
Birthed a son, but he's gone

Soon a doc of the science anthro-po.

I am done. Feel free to adopt, adapt, modify or discard

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
So, they've been here, what, two whole days? My SIL threw a temper tantrum because she lost her SSN card (say whaaat?) tried to blame it on her mom (remember how long she's not lived with them?) and kept interrupting when we tried to tell her how to rectify the situation.
SIL wanted Fiancé to watch all of Dexter, so they started at season 1. J goes down to let the dogs out at 6 and he's still up, watching tv. I sh1t you not, the show scared him and he was afraid to lay in the dark. He's going to be 20 in 4-ish months.
How is her housekeeping going?

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Pelly those are awesome! I'm gonna use them all! Thanks so much.:D :D :D

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
That is a bit unreasonable...as this is 8th and final season of Dexter.....that is a boatload of watching.....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if I buy it that brokers had akl the tickets. The thing I've seen become very prevalent is that if American Express is sponsoring the tour, AMEX card holders get access to a presale before they go on sale to the general public. Additionally, many artists are also making tickets available to fan club members thru a presale as well. Some of those fan clubs require a paid membership, some you simply have to sign up fir their email list. I'd bet that ticket deals are also made available to people following the band on facebook or twitter. The point being, while I don't doubt brokers get their hands on a lot of tickets, there's a number of ways that tix can sell out before the regular on sale day. That happened with Paul McCartney here a few months ago. Sold out by the time they went on sale to gen pop. But then they quickly added a second night
They explained how it happened: Ticketmaster has special purchasers registered with them. They can buy up to eight tickets per credit card. So one of these special purchasers is Betty Jo Smith. She may have four different credit cards with different variations on her name, so she can buy eight tickets with each card. Others will do the same thing. They get special phone numbers to call (this was before the internet was the main way to buy tickets) that the public doesn't have access to. And they get to start buying tickets before the tickets go on sale to the general public. Then they turn the tickets over to a ticket broker (like TIcket King, out of Wisconsin).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min sonicfilter 1,095,543
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Learn to Read 176,762
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min Mothra 46,229
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 49 min Shanaynay 3,909
Defense Logistics Support 49 min Its me Albie 1
Abby 8-21 1 hr edogxxx 1
Amy 8-21 1 hr edogxxx 1

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000