Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88340 Jul 16, 2013
Matilda -- I didn't do the mean face. I actually didn't think you were mean -- just fed up and I don't blame you.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88341 Jul 16, 2013
Anyone here watch Mad Men? I caught a couple of S2 eps this weekend and did not care for it at all. I do love Jon Hamm (although, he was hardly in the eps I caught). PEggy was the main character that I saw the most of.

I think I need to retry, starting with S1E1.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88342 Jul 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Anyone here watch Mad Men? I caught a couple of S2 eps this weekend and did not care for it at all. I do love Jon Hamm (although, he was hardly in the eps I caught). PEggy was the main character that I saw the most of.
I think I need to retry, starting with S1E1.
Never watched that. But I have to get HBO b/c I got myself hooked on The Network. Damn tv.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#88343 Jul 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Anyone here watch Mad Men? I caught a couple of S2 eps this weekend and did not care for it at all. I do love Jon Hamm (although, he was hardly in the eps I caught). PEggy was the main character that I saw the most of.
I think I need to retry, starting with S1E1.
I watched some and kind of lost it in S2, too. But I was thinking about going back to the beginning again, too. But I also stopped Dexter around S4, so I want to start those all over. And I really wanted to watch Dead Like Me again, but I need to get caught up on Weeds and now there's Under the Dome. and what about when The Following and Revenge come back.... I need to quit my job so I can watch more TV!!!:D

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88344 Jul 16, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched some and kind of lost it in S2, too. But I was thinking about going back to the beginning again, too. But I also stopped Dexter around S4, so I want to start those all over. And I really wanted to watch Dead Like Me again, but I need to get caught up on Weeds and now there's Under the Dome. and what about when The Following and Revenge come back.... I need to quit my job so I can watch more TV!!!:D
I liked Weeds, but quit halfway through season 2 because it's such a slowpaced show, but I"ve heard from others that it got better as it went along.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#88345 Jul 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked Weeds, but quit halfway through season 2 because it's such a slowpaced show, but I"ve heard from others that it got better as it went along.
It does.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88346 Jul 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Anyone here watch Mad Men? I caught a couple of S2 eps this weekend and did not care for it at all. I do love Jon Hamm (although, he was hardly in the eps I caught). PEggy was the main character that I saw the most of.
I think I need to retry, starting with S1E1.
Wife and i watched 2 seasons the last month on On Demand...We loved it...sexy as hell and fun when you figure out all the personalities and intrigue.....Guessing the year, from all the 60's references is .......somehow comforting....especially these days.....BTW...Newsroom on HBO is incredibly good....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88347 Jul 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked Weeds, but quit halfway through season 2 because it's such a slowpaced show, but I"ve heard from others that it got better as it went along.
We did that with, Lost....just thought naaah....

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88348 Jul 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Wife and i watched 2 seasons the last month on On Demand...We loved it...sexy as hell and fun when you figure out all the personalities and intrigue.....Guessing the year, from all the 60's references is .......somehow comforting....especially these days.....BTW...Newsroom on HBO is incredibly good....
Right? The writing on Newsroom is very good.

I'm going to stay away from Mad Men b/c it does sound like something I'd like and then I'll be hooked...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88349 Jul 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>I liked Weeds, but quit halfway through season 2 because it's such a slowpaced show, but I"ve heard from others that it got better as it went along.
It does, and then it gets worse. I forget which season I quit watching after.

It wasn't horrible, I was just trying to juggle too many shows.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88350 Jul 16, 2013
Eating ham steak and broccoli with cheese and bacon bits. Wondering of the ham steak pig and the bacon bits pig were related.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88351 Jul 16, 2013
I'm watching Tosh.0. I love this show.

The world champion in the category of "natural largest boobs" was on, and tosh was on a speed boat with her and motorboated her boobs. Nick would nearly pee his pants laughing if he saw that.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88352 Jul 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We did that with, Lost....just thought naaah....
Me, too. What helped me quit watching (same point, half way through 2nd season) was logging into forums when I got curious to see what I could find out about the show that I wasn't following or understanding, and man, people geeked out on that show! I didn't want to watch something where I had to take notes to figure out what was going on.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88353 Jul 17, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88354 Jul 17, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88355 Jul 17, 2013
This story made me cry at my desk at work:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/17/reddit-us...

I'm babysitting 1.5 year old Hazel tonight (and her almost-3 sister Rory!).

Two year olds shouldn't get cancer, damnit!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88356 Jul 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
And seven black kids were shot in Chicago last night. Where's Jessie and Sharpton now? Where's the national media attention? Where's the outrage?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88357 Jul 17, 2013
It's an inconvenient truth.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And seven black kids were shot in Chicago last night. Where's Jessie and Sharpton now? Where's the national media attention? Where's the outrage?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88358 Jul 17, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And seven black kids were shot in Chicago last night. Where's Jessie and Sharpton now? Where's the national media attention? Where's the outrage?
Where's the CHICAGO (local) media attention? I don't see any of this on the front page of the Chicago Tribune.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88359 Jul 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the CHICAGO (local) media attention? I don't see any of this on the front page of the Chicago Tribune.
Check the Trib in the morning. They have a box with overnight shootings and homicides. The SunTimes has a whole section on its front webpage called Homicides.

Without diminishing teh imporance, teh severity should also be assessed based on teh amount of publicity. If we had 20 weekend shootings and 3 homicides and it was not front page news half the people and especially the non- Chicago people would not think twice.

Ten years ago or so ( maybe as longer as May 1988 after the Laurie Dann shootings) there was outrage that so much press was given to white kids who were hot and so little given to black kids. Then the outrage went to missing cute white girls and no one else. The major Chicago news sites did start front page articles about all kids who were reported missing; there is almost never a report on resolution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,757
It's the Gangs and Not the Police as Chicago's ... 34 min joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min Earthling-1 49,176
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr johnplustwomore 1,153,489
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,000
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Grau 68,881
Marcus Bachmann acts like a sissy 5 hr LOL 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:25 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:25PM
Bears clearly looking to move in another direction
NBC Sports 3:44 PM
Lions preparing for the cold - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:47 PM
Cutler's Benching Too Little, Too Late for Bears
NBC Sports 6:32 PM
Week 16 skill-position injury report — Thursday
NBC Sports 7:47 PM
Golden Tate excited for Jimmy Clausen to get another starting opportunity