Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to eat pho when you are driving though.
There was a place in a basement food court across from my office that made really excellent pho especially beef pho. It was enough for lunch and dinner. But a more trendy place opened at street level about a block and a half away and the basement place closed
True but I don't eat while I drive. Coffee yes, food no. It's against the rules to eat in my car. <shrug>

Also only people 21+ are allowed to have drinks because those under 21 apparently can't put them in the drink holder but instead leave them on the seat and then get into the car without looking and smash Starbucks frappuchinno (sp?) all over my leather interior.

No smoking in the car, anything you bring into the car you take out immediately upon departure. My car is like a national park, carry it in, carry it out.

/rant

...hate, hate, hate my car being junked up.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
OK - what exactly is pho? Is it noodles?
Vietnamese noodle soup. It's broth, onions, cilantro, and noodles with whatever kind of meat (chicken, beef, meatballs, shrimp...) you want to tofu or no meat. You can garnish it any way you like. They serve it with Thai basil, limes, jalapeņos, and bean sprouts.

I'm a purist. lime, basil and bean sprouts with just a touch of soy my niece uses a huge amount of hoisin sauce and her daughter drowns it in hot sauce. I like that it can be personalized.

Start with the small bowl. The large bowls are HUGE and if you're like me, you won't even finish the small one. It's not good left over, so no point in taking it home...

Damn now I really want pho. There's about 70 gobazillion places here, but the two I like the best are a drive. Do I want to drive, or do I just want to go the the closest one? <sigh> Decisions, decisions...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Well, got the lawn mowed this morning and good thing because its been raining non stop since, and probably wont stop until Tues. Not the way the boat likes to get wet.

Oh, and a couple of(wait, 3) gays are paddling down the canal, in the pouring rain. Just goes to show some peeps aint smart enough to come in out of the rain.
listen to Terry

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Well, got the lawn mowed this morning and good thing because its been raining non stop since, and probably wont stop until Tues. Not the way the boat likes to get wet.
Oh, and a couple of(wait, 3) gays are paddling down the canal, in the pouring rain. Just goes to show some peeps aint smart enough to come in out of the rain.
Your gaydar works well in the rain! Must be comcast!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

They have not come back yet, and it has been a deluge. They must be at someone's house having a storm party.(or they've drown)
listen to Terry wrote:
<quoted text>Your gaydar works well in the rain! Must be comcast!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Tonka:

Wandering Aengus Cider
Wickson, single varietal crab apple is reaaaalll good.
Bye

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Zimmerman acquitted. Interesting. I was thinking for sure manslaughter.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Tonka:
Wandering Aengus Cider
Bye
Went out with the fellas few weeks ago. None of them are normally cider drinkers, but they decided to follow my lad for the evening and pretty much drank only cider the whole night. Today, one of them said he was buying a Woodchuck Variety pack(3 bottles each of 4 different Woodchuck flavors). Said anyting he does not like, he's giving to me.:)

Wandering Aengus. Looked it up. Does not look like its distributed in FLA.
listen to Terry

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Tonka:
Wandering Aengus Cider
Bye
Ever had a Dicken's Cider? My wife prefers a Dicken's Cider to just about anything else.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Ugh...they're here. They're wearing matching Grumpy Cat shirts. They haven't stopped talking. I've had 3 ciders and it's still awful.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

listen to Terry wrote:
<quoted text>Ever had a Dicken's Cider? My wife prefers a Dicken's Cider to just about anything else.
Can't say that I have, but I am open to suggestions. Is it real fruity like apple juice with a spike or is it drier? Does Binny's carry it?

“This is SPARTA!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

listen to Terry wrote:
<quoted text>Ever had a Dicken's Cider? My wife prefers a Dicken's Cider to just about anything else.
I know. She told me that last night. Said she couldn't get enough of my Dicken's Cider.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Ugh...they're here. They're wearing matching Grumpy Cat shirts. They haven't stopped talking. I've had 3 ciders and it's still awful.
Sorry! That does sound awful.

We had a lovely cookout in our courtyard and I've had one too many mike's hard lemonade. Will be falling asleep very soon

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Zimmerman acquitted. Interesting. I was thinking for sure manslaughter.
I hope we avoid a Rodney King response. Jesse Sr issued a statement that was less than helpful in my opinion.
We will see if the Martin parents sue Zimmerman and bankrupt hm the way OJ was.

Almost regardless of what happens legally, Zimmerman and anyone who looks like him or has the same name is in for a very rough time. Zimmerman is essentially unemployable under his own name.

No one won in all this.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
It is a 3 hour drive from your town to mine. We have extra bedrooms from our girls and there is cider in the fridge. Tell your crew India came through after all and work remotely from Cook County until, oh, late August.
listen to Terry

Rolling Meadows, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Can't say that I have, but I am open to suggestions. Is it real fruity like apple juice with a spike or is it drier? Does Binny's carry it?
Hey, I just give it to her every night but I'd have to guess the spike is the best description.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

I can't sleep (still on CA time), so I'm watching Sharknado On Demand. This is what my life has come to.

Matilda, wanna trade?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

listen to Terry wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, I just give it to her every night but I'd have to guess the spike is the best description.
Am I being dense? You and Tonka each give your respective wives the dickens every night?

It is almost midnight on Saturday night and this joint is packed. We are a sorry bunch I fear.

“This is SPARTA!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Am I being dense? You and Tonka each give your respective wives the dickens every night?
It is almost midnight on Saturday night and this joint is packed. We are a sorry bunch I fear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“This is SPARTA!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Am I being dense? You and Tonka each give your respective wives the dickens every night?
iwas talkin bout his wife.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,021 - 87,040 of96,157
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min wojar 167,697
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 38 min Jack 3,785
Happy Easter Chicago 9 dead 51 min joey 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 65,215
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 43,043
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr DoDaDoDaDay 47,081
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,034,754
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance