Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88253 Jul 14, 2013
Happy Bastille Day. Drink wine.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#88254 Jul 14, 2013
I am a little surprised at how few of my FB friends have commented on the death of Cory Monteith. With all of the tragedies that have been in the news recently (Yarnell 19 in Arizona, Asiana crash in San Francisco, train disaster in Quebec, etc.) is it possible that they have shifted their perspectives a bit or is it more likely that they are still lazing about and just not on FB yet?

Remember, I live in the state that lowered its flags for Whitney Houston and James Gandolfini. Celebs are elevated to ridiculous proportions here.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88255 Jul 14, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>It is a 3 hour drive from your town to mine. We have extra bedrooms from our girls and there is cider in the fridge. Tell your crew India came through after all and work remotely from Cook County until, oh, late August.
Ha! So very tempting. Meh , they're only here for a week (I think) and we're landscaping the yard, so 2 extra bodies will help. Slavery isn't illegal if we feed them, right?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88256 Jul 14, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I can't sleep (still on CA time), so I'm watching Sharknado On Demand. This is what my life has come to.

Matilda, wanna trade?
Oh, if you lived here, you'd end up watching Sharknado and much, much worse.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88257 Jul 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>That's what you get for listening to the media. Good thing justice was served. This case never should have even gone to trial. Shame on the media and our Justice Department for attempting to start a race war. This has been an attempt by the government all along to start riots and declare Martial Law, thereby enslaving us all.

Our government fails at everything. What made them think they would succeed at this?
Lol

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88258 Jul 14, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I am a little surprised at how few of my FB friends have commented on the death of Cory Monteith. With all of the tragedies that have been in the news recently (Yarnell 19 in Arizona, Asiana crash in San Francisco, train disaster in Quebec, etc.) is it possible that they have shifted their perspectives a bit or is it more likely that they are still lazing about and just not on FB yet?

Remember, I live in the state that lowered its flags for Whitney Houston and James Gandolfini. Celebs are elevated to ridiculous proportions here.
I'm fairly embarrassed that I watched all of season 1 of Glee. And the Rocky Horror episode in season 2 (yum...just sayin'). Sad, though. I knew he had been in rehab.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88259 Jul 14, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I am a little surprised at how few of my FB friends have commented on the death of Cory Monteith.
Who?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88260 Jul 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dqRRW9lKmEQXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
groan.I missed that pun entirely. Which, of course, does not rule out the possibility that some place actually used that for their product name.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88261 Jul 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Who?
Me too, who?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88262 Jul 14, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Lol
I wasn't trying to be funny!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88263 Jul 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't trying to be funny!
You were just trying.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88265 Jul 14, 2013
Is Chicago having much protests, downtown? They spoke of it briefly on Nightly News.....

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88266 Jul 14, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>groan.I missed that pun entirely. Which, of course, does not rule out the possibility that some place actually used that for their product name.
Just bought some of this:
http://kopparberg.com/products/#3

& some of this:
http://www.france44.com/prodimg/woodchuck_sum...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#88267 Jul 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Is Chicago having much protests, downtown? They spoke of it briefly on Nightly News.....
I've been at the beach all day so <mimishrug >

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88268 Jul 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Just bought some of this:
http://kopparberg.com/products/#3
& some of this:
http://www.france44.com/prodimg/woodchuck_sum...
The kopparberg sounds interesting. I have a bottle of elderflower (I think) eau de vie which is very good in fizzy lemonade . Using it in a dry cider with a bit of lime sounds interesting.
Woodchuck is all over up here. I will look for the summer release. is this the stuff your buddy bought that you mentioned the other day?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88269 Jul 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
There is noting on the local sites more than you would expect for a hot weekend. Nothing particularly organized and no riots. So far.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88270 Jul 14, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Woodchuck is all over up here. I will look for the summer release. is this the stuff your buddy bought that you mentioned the other day?
Yeah. He bought the variety pack.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88273 Jul 15, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88274 Jul 15, 2013
J and I started the keto diet on Friday. I'm switching from cider and white wine to red wine on my non-cheat days, because it has significantly less carbs.

Turns out, I actually like it. I had some merlot last night. Can't tell if my tastes have changed, since I never liked it before OR I'm on my way to full-blown alcoholism.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88275 Jul 15, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
J and I started the keto diet on Friday. I'm switching from cider and white wine to red wine on my non-cheat days, because it has significantly less carbs.
Turns out, I actually like it. I had some merlot last night. Can't tell if my tastes have changed, since I never liked it before OR I'm on my way to full-blown alcoholism.
If you a looking for a decent red blend that is not expensive, try Menage a Trois around $8-9.00, sometimes less. It is good . Or take a trek over to East Peoria. Costco's Kirkland house blends, Red Wine, Meritage etc in the $15-20 range are uniformly really good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Barry Choomer Soe... 1,153,321
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Edmond Pulpo 181,728
Deat Abby 12-16 10 min RACE 67
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 16 min Sublime1 23
I want to join ILLUMINATI to become rich and fa... 22 min mr fred 1
Amy 12-17 1 hr RACE 6
Amy 12-18 1 hr RACE 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:21 am PST

NBC Sports 8:21AM
PFT Live: Bears talk with John Mullin, Week 16 picks
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
NFL Playoffs 2014-15: AFC, NFC Postseason Predictions Heading into Week 16
NBC Sports 9:58 AM
Unnamed Bears "confused and uncomfortable" with benching Cutler
ESPN10:10 AM
Vegas reacts to Bears' benching of Cutler
NBC Sports10:10 AM
Is Chicago protecting Cutler's trade value by benching him?