squishymama wrote:
Ban them from coaching for life.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#88215 Jul 12, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you use Pandora? You need to sign up but it is free and the ads are tolerable.
Start with one of the composers or performers you like and let them build a "station" for you. You need to interact with it for a while to help form things to your preference.Their algorithm is designed to make suggestions based on what you like . When you find stuff you like, get it from the library .
i need this kind of stuff for wrok, and they kinda don't like us streaming music all day; they've throttled certain sites as bandwith hogs. i can get some tolerable statiions through iTunes radio, but not my favorites...

Schaumburg, IL

#88216 Jul 12, 2013
RACE wrote:
At the risk of having my man card pulled...
Have you tried Enya?
<quoted text>
i've heard her before, but she's not working for me any more...classical strings or 1940s are the bee's knees (to quote the '40s) lately.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88217 Jul 12, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ban them from coaching for life.
Them? I was not there so I don't know how heated it got and how inappropriate the victim was, but from the story I read, one coach pretty much got sucker punched and pummelled. I don't know why HE deserves to be punished for taking an ass beating.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88218 Jul 12, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i need this kind of stuff for wrok, and they kinda don't like us streaming music all day; they've throttled certain sites as bandwith hogs. i can get some tolerable statiions through iTunes radio, but not my favorites...
Luddite version, aka the Pelly does things. No remote streaming involved.

Listen to Pandora at home.
Watch screen while it is playing ( they will prompt you to interact periodically)
They make suggestions which you can agree or disagree with
Write down composer, pieces, names you like
Go to library.
Check out CD.
Listen to CD at home
If you like it, load it onto your device.
Buy it on Amazon, used or at a used CD store if that's the way you roll.
Return it to library .

Repeat as necessary.

Corporate bandwidth is preserved.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#88219 Jul 12, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Okay, so I have been listening to the group rhapsodize about Rush long enough that I took some CD's out of the library to check out what all the fuss is about
This is what I have. Where should I start?
Vapor Trails
Retrospective 3
Clockwork Angel
Not dragging this group into opera, operetta or classical, but if you want to have some good listening try Pink Martini and Los Angeles Guitar Quartet ( find their version of Pachebel's Canon if you can.
Start with Retrospective. Which one do you have? At any rate that will give you a good overview.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88220 Jul 12, 2013
She got played!

&fe ature=player_embedded

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88221 Jul 12, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
She got played!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =L1JYHNX8pdoXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
Guess the asians are thicker skinned than many others, eh?......Imagine being horribly burned and seeing American TV do that?.....

Des Plaines, IL

#88222 Jul 12, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Luddite version, aka the Pelly does things. No remote streaming involved.
Listen to Pandora at home.
Watch screen while it is playing ( they will prompt you to interact periodically)
They make suggestions which you can agree or disagree with
Write down composer, pieces, names you like
Go to library.
Check out CD.
Listen to CD at home
If you like it, load it onto your device.
Buy it on Amazon, used or at a used CD store if that's the way you roll.
Return it to library .
Repeat as necessary.
Corporate bandwidth is preserved.
yeah, i kinda do that already... stare at the selection at the library... ;-)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88224 Jul 13, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88225 Jul 13, 2013
PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/TGRBCDMTCI9G7JQ4T#lastPos t
amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TPCBLG2VGO...

abby

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#88226 Jul 13, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to eat pho when you are driving though.
There was a place in a basement food court across from my office that made really excellent pho especially beef pho. It was enough for lunch and dinner. But a more trendy place opened at street level about a block and a half away and the basement place closed
True but I don't eat while I drive. Coffee yes, food no. It's against the rules to eat in my car. <shrug>

Also only people 21+ are allowed to have drinks because those under 21 apparently can't put them in the drink holder but instead leave them on the seat and then get into the car without looking and smash Starbucks frappuchinno (sp?) all over my leather interior.

No smoking in the car, anything you bring into the car you take out immediately upon departure. My car is like a national park, carry it in, carry it out.

/rant

...hate, hate, hate my car being junked up.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#88227 Jul 13, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
OK - what exactly is pho? Is it noodles?
Vietnamese noodle soup. It's broth, onions, cilantro, and noodles with whatever kind of meat (chicken, beef, meatballs, shrimp...) you want to tofu or no meat. You can garnish it any way you like. They serve it with Thai basil, limes, jalapeņos, and bean sprouts.

I'm a purist. lime, basil and bean sprouts with just a touch of soy my niece uses a huge amount of hoisin sauce and her daughter drowns it in hot sauce. I like that it can be personalized.

Start with the small bowl. The large bowls are HUGE and if you're like me, you won't even finish the small one. It's not good left over, so no point in taking it home...

Damn now I really want pho. There's about 70 gobazillion places here, but the two I like the best are a drive. Do I want to drive, or do I just want to go the the closest one? <sigh> Decisions, decisions...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88228 Jul 13, 2013
Well, got the lawn mowed this morning and good thing because its been raining non stop since, and probably wont stop until Tues. Not the way the boat likes to get wet.

Oh, and a couple of(wait, 3) gays are paddling down the canal, in the pouring rain. Just goes to show some peeps aint smart enough to come in out of the rain.
listen to Terry

Rolling Meadows, IL

#88229 Jul 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
Well, got the lawn mowed this morning and good thing because its been raining non stop since, and probably wont stop until Tues. Not the way the boat likes to get wet.
Oh, and a couple of(wait, 3) gays are paddling down the canal, in the pouring rain. Just goes to show some peeps aint smart enough to come in out of the rain.
Your gaydar works well in the rain! Must be comcast!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88230 Jul 13, 2013
They have not come back yet, and it has been a deluge. They must be at someone's house having a storm party.(or they've drown)
listen to Terry wrote:
<quoted text>Your gaydar works well in the rain! Must be comcast!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88231 Jul 13, 2013
Tonka:

Wandering Aengus Cider
Wickson, single varietal crab apple is reaaaalll good.
Bye

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88232 Jul 13, 2013
Zimmerman acquitted. Interesting. I was thinking for sure manslaughter.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88233 Jul 13, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Tonka:
Wandering Aengus Cider
Bye
Went out with the fellas few weeks ago. None of them are normally cider drinkers, but they decided to follow my lad for the evening and pretty much drank only cider the whole night. Today, one of them said he was buying a Woodchuck Variety pack(3 bottles each of 4 different Woodchuck flavors). Said anyting he does not like, he's giving to me.:)

Wandering Aengus. Looked it up. Does not look like its distributed in FLA.
listen to Terry

Rolling Meadows, IL

#88234 Jul 13, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Tonka:
Wandering Aengus Cider
Bye
Ever had a Dicken's Cider? My wife prefers a Dicken's Cider to just about anything else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min Mandela 70,075
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,339
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min Tony Rome 1,126,143
durban women lets explore your fantasies bbm pins 1 hr slum ou 3
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr obomba 102
'We Charge Genocide' Presents Report on Chicago... 1 hr hands on AR 2
GOP Votes go 2 dem. votes. 2 hr hands on AR 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago