Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Around here Checkers is a south side/ south suburbs operation. Literally there is one on the north side and that is in the Austin neighborhood which can be problematical.
Geographically it looks to be in black neighborhoods. Is that the demographic for FL too ?
No.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yeah, I wish I could get a Wendy's burger with Checkers fries.
<quoted text>
Never been to Checkers. Don't have them out here, and even with all my traveling, I've never encountered one.

The best fries in the world come/came from this place in Oakland, CA. I used to drive up there just for the fries. The burgers were kinds meh, but I would arrange a whole day around going to Oakland just for the fries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwik_Way

It's been a minute since I've had them (like 20 years) though.:(

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

And fried chicken....Pioneer is so way much better than KFC or any of the other chains. I mean, chicken is chicken, so it all comes down to the breading and the flavoring...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Chicken

Damn, now I'm hungry for chicken and fries and nothing around here is good. Plus it's only 7:30 in the morning. Damn you guys!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Nope, all over the place. They just opened one in the same lot as the local home depot. Their burgers are junk, but the fries and chili dogs are good.
PEllen wrote:
Around here Checkers is a south side/ south suburbs operation. Literally there is one on the north side and that is in the Austin neighborhood which can be problematical.
Geographically it looks to be in black neighborhoods. Is that the demographic for FL too ?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
And fried chicken....Pioneer is so way much better than KFC or any of the other chains. I mean, chicken is chicken, so it all comes down to the breading and the flavoring...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Chicken

Damn, now I'm hungry for chicken and fries and nothing around here is good. Plus it's only 7:30 in the morning. Damn you guys!
We're getting a Brown's Chicken soon, after they mostly disappeared.

I'll get some when J goes out for the night and quietly reflect on my childhood, heh. That was one of our go-to "Mom doesn't feel like cooking" meals.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

PEllen wrote:

My dad's town still has a Rally's. I always thought those were the same as Checkers. Kind of like Carl's Jr/Hardee's.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Happy-memory-as a kid? Sheitt. that's a happy memory of yesterday afternoon.
I try to eat french fries in general very rarely, and McDonald's even more rarely. I save up my visits for when I'm with the kids.

I'm trying to be less squishy, remember?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

RACE wrote:
Nope, all over the place. They just opened one in the same lot as the local home depot. Their burgers are junk, but the fries and chili dogs are good.
<quoted text>
junk? That as crazy as saying bk's got good fries. I don't do checkers that often, but i love their burgers.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been to Checkers. Don't have them out here, and even with all my traveling, I've never encountered one.(
Seen a Rally's? Same place. Different name.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

We have a couple of Popeye's chicken places here. ARen't those out of CHicago? I seem to recall seeing Popeye's places when I was in chicago years ago.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Our's closed that was right down our main road...There's another on down, but it's next to a titty bar, and that visual, though arousing....just does'nt work with good dining....lol....Actually, i feel Burger King's Whopper is tough to beat and that McDonald's Quarter pounder tastes like cardboard.....i don't do fries....

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
My dad's town still has a Rally's. I always thought those were the same as Checkers. Kind of like Carl's Jr/Hardee's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Checkers_(fast_food)

They are

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to eat french fries in general very rarely, and McDonald's even more rarely. I save up my visits for when I'm with the kids.
I'm trying to be less squishy, remember?
Brickhouse mama!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Engaged to a girl in SoCal once, and we loved Carl's Jr. and Jack-In-The-Box.....also they had mexican takeouts that could fold burrito's well enough, that they never leaked.....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

If you palate is as stunted as your musical tastes, I can understand your love for a dried up piece of (beef?) drowning in ketchup and mustard.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>junk? That as crazy as saying bk's got good fries. I don't do checkers that often, but i love their burgers.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Seen a Rally's? Same place. Different name.
Nope. We have Carl's Jr., which I think is owned by Hardys. We also have Sonic. Their food is kinda ok I guess. I go there only for the drinks. Of course I'm not a big fan of fast food places anyway, so it doesn't really matter. When I go for fast food I usually get pho. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

On another note, it seems topix won't allow my avatar...probably because it has the word(s) "dumbs." Idiots.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yeah, I wish I could get a Wendy's burger with Checkers fries.
<quoted text>
I agree!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
We have a couple of Popeye's chicken places here. ARen't those out of CHicago? I seem to recall seeing Popeye's places when I was in chicago years ago.
LOVE Popeye's for fried chicken and Chick Fil A for Chicken sandwiches and biscuits.

BK makes me sick. Literally. Last time I went, I got a chicken sandwich instead of the whopper (whoppers are tasty but kill my tummy), and could only eat 2 bites of teh chicken. So gross.

Same with Checkers burgers. NASTY!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
If you palate is as stunted as your musical tastes, I can understand your love for a dried up piece of (beef?) drowning in ketchup and mustard.
<quoted text>
I won't mention your apparent love for a penis shaped piece of meat drowning in chili. I'm too classy for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago