Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88154 Jul 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
I find that very hard to believe. Do you have a link to some of their arrests?
<quoted text>
No, I don't care enough to look for that stuff!:) My friend said the cops told her that (and the security footage they collect holds it up). But as PE pointed out, it's most likely a regional thing, varies by city. Also, my friend's neighborhood is South Mpls, but in north Mpls, I guarantee you, taggers are not white guys ages 25-35.

Location hidden

#88155 Jul 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
http://www.ci.santa-ana.ca.us/ pd/graffiti.asp
http://www.arrowheadranchphaseii.com/view/van...
http://www.nysun.com/new-york/police-arrest-a...
The last one is about an old dude tagger, but the last paragraph refutes your assesment.
<quoted text>
I was talking solely about Minneaplis, not the entire country. You can't compare one city with another so easily.

Location hidden

#88156 Jul 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/n ews/2006/08/10/minneapolis-mov es-closer-tightening-rules-gov erning-spray-paint-sales
Average age 17 in MN.
I think the cops told your friend that age range sarcastically.
Besides, if he gets paid for turning in taggers, who is on his video?
<quoted text>
I don't think the cops were sarcastic. And my friend's tapes, as I said, show white guys.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88157 Jul 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
What? You didn't want ME to jump out of your cake?(Visual- the woman in There's Something About Mary and a large bottle of mind bleach)
Does this mean you are old enough to be President?
Happy BD kiddo
ALL you ladies can jump out of my cake!

And I'm only 25, so... can't be president yet. But I know I can count on your and Angela's vote!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#88158 Jul 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Story in our local paper: Man drove drunk, hit and killed someone. Part of his sentence is he has to visit her grave for one hour every year for 10 years.
Parents: Would you want this? Would you even want him at the grave of your dead child?(I assume her parents are okay with this or they wouldn't have done it.) But I guess my instinct would be, I'd want him to have nothing to do with her grave whatsoever.
There was something similar to that around here a couple years ago. Dude had to do the lawncare and maintenance at the gravesite for X amount of years.

I dunno, I guess I'd want the guy to be reminded of what he's done... But that also may seem like cruel and unusual punishment.

Hey, we've all made mistakes in life.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#88159 Jul 11, 2013
I want to take the bag of McDonald's fries that the woman sitting next to me on the train is shoving in her and shove it somewhere else.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#88160 Jul 11, 2013
squishymama wrote:
I want to take the bag of McDonald's fries that the woman sitting next to me on the train is shoving in her and shove it somewhere else.
So I read this right before I had to go to the store. There's a Mc Donalds in that shopping center. I ordered the extra large FF...because you made me crave them. I ate three. <shrug> I hate Mc Donalds.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88161 Jul 11, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Jealous?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#88162 Jul 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Jealous?
Usually I would agree; it's a happy-memory-as-a-kid thing, but tonight the smell just made me nauseous.

No, I'm not pregnant.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88163 Jul 11, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually I would agree; it's a happy-memory-as-a-kid thing, but tonight the smell just made me nauseous.
No, I'm not pregnant.
Happy-memory-as a kid? Sheitt. that's a happy memory of yesterday afternoon.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#88164 Jul 12, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88165 Jul 12, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
So I read this right before I had to go to the store. There's a Mc Donalds in that shopping center. I ordered the extra large FF...because you made me crave them. I ate three. <shrug> I hate Mc Donalds.
Their food has no taste...like, all marketing and no flavor.....They get the kid's hooked, at a young age..Happy Meals and all......I love Burger King and Checkers much more......

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88166 Jul 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Their food has no taste...like, all marketing and no flavor.....They get the kid's hooked, at a young age..Happy Meals and all......I love Burger King and Checkers much more......
McDonald's FF are the best followed very closely by Hackney's a small group of Chicago area restaurants

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88167 Jul 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Their food has no taste...like, all marketing and no flavor.....They get the kid's hooked, at a young age..Happy Meals and all......I love Burger King and Checkers much more......
certainly you can't be comparing the TASTE of McDonald's fries to BK's fries. BK has the worst blandest fries of any fast food. McDonald' s is the gold standard.(them seasoned checker fries are good)

Location hidden

#88168 Jul 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Nick and I had McDs Wednesday night b/c we were busy shuttling kids to baseball games and needed to eat. It was maybe the third or fourth time -- in over 3 years -- that we have gone to McDs. WE both had gut aches later.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#88169 Jul 12, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Happy-memory-as a kid? Sheitt. that's a happy memory of yesterday afternoon.
THeir fries USED TO be good, then they changed them. Now? Eh... Same with Wendy's. Their new fries are kind of icky. I just order a baked potato now if I happen to go (which is rare).

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#88170 Jul 12, 2013
Yeah, I wish I could get a Wendy's burger with Checkers fries.
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
THeir fries USED TO be good, then they changed them. Now? Eh... Same with Wendy's. Their new fries are kind of icky. I just order a baked potato now if I happen to go (which is rare).

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88171 Jul 12, 2013
Around here Checkers is a south side/ south suburbs operation. Literally there is one on the north side and that is in the Austin neighborhood which can be problematical.

Geographically it looks to be in black neighborhoods. Is that the demographic for FL too ?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88172 Jul 12, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Around here Checkers is a south side/ south suburbs operation. Literally there is one on the north side and that is in the Austin neighborhood which can be problematical.
Geographically it looks to be in black neighborhoods. Is that the demographic for FL too ?
No.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#88173 Jul 12, 2013
RACE wrote:
Yeah, I wish I could get a Wendy's burger with Checkers fries.
<quoted text>
Never been to Checkers. Don't have them out here, and even with all my traveling, I've never encountered one.

The best fries in the world come/came from this place in Oakland, CA. I used to drive up there just for the fries. The burgers were kinds meh, but I would arrange a whole day around going to Oakland just for the fries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwik_Way

It's been a minute since I've had them (like 20 years) though.:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min woodtick57 1,205,370
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 185,804
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Cut n Paste 52,225
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cold Front 69,287
Amy 3-26 3 hr Mister Tonka 16
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Almost amish 71,696
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr CDC 51,840
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]