Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88112 Jul 11, 2013
Yeah, I realize I sounded like a foaming-at-the-mouth Sam.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88113 Jul 11, 2013
Topix ate my birthday wishes.

Happy birthday, edog! I hope no one steals your cake!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88114 Jul 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That just would suck. MOrale must suck there.
But think of all the internet time! My last month or so there was primarily fn aroind on the web.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#88115 Jul 11, 2013
Thanks! I get a cake?

Miami, FL

#88116 Jul 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Thanks! I get a cake?
Hopefully!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#88117 Jul 11, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully!
And will you or Matilda be jumping out of it?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88118 Jul 11, 2013
Crunchy Cheetos are crack.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#88119 Jul 11, 2013
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOG!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88120 Jul 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And will you or Matilda be jumping out of it?
What? You didn't want ME to jump out of your cake?(Visual- the woman in There's Something About Mary and a large bottle of mind bleach)

Does this mean you are old enough to be President?

Happy BD kiddo

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#88121 Jul 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Ha. The guitar world list had him losing to eddie van halen in the final four. Wanna be more saddened? I had no idea who he was...till I saw your post. Now i have a pretty good guess.
The way I see it anyone who can play a 12 string guitar gets major props in my book. EVH is good, but he doesn't have the range of subtlety that Lifeson has.

Van Halen is Van Halen. I like Van Halen, but everything they do is the same stuff...different album. It's so NOT like that with RUSH. They sound different (but the same...definitely RUSH) on every single album. It's hard to describe really.

You'd ned to get some of their albums and listen to each one all the way through to understand how they can be unquestionably RUSH, but not sound exactly the same every single time like so many other bands. RACE gets it. Maybe he could explain better.

Location hidden

#88122 Jul 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>But think of all the internet time! My last month or so there was primarily fn aroind on the web.
Heh. I do that most days anyway. ;)

But I need to get a new job, and that likely would entail much less internet screwing around.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#88123 Jul 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
Just shows their ignorance. They will learn when they visit rock n roll heaven.
<quoted text>
True. "Rock and Roll Heaven" made me think what would "Rock and Roll Hell" be like? I'm envisioning Justin Beiber, Hanson, and Miley Cyrus. <shrug>

Location hidden

#88124 Jul 11, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
True. "Rock and Roll Heaven" made me think what would "Rock and Roll Hell" be like? I'm envisioning Justin Beiber, Hanson, and Miley Cyrus. <shrug>
That's awesome!

Location hidden

#88125 Jul 11, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I see it anyone who can play a 12 string guitar gets major props in my book.
Nancy Wilson has been playing primarily a 12-string for 40 years now! That opening to Crazy on You is her!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88126 Jul 11, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
William Shatner singing (sic) MacArthur Park. It's real. I heard it.
Anything Bubble Gum played more than once each century

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88127 Jul 11, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Justin Beiber could show everyone the way to the Restrooms.....lol....if he knows....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88128 Jul 11, 2013
Of course Mimi....

RUSH RULES!

or the long answer. All rush albums are concept albums, not always in the theme of the songs (where the album tells a story), but in the musical style of the album. 2112 is in no way comparable to Snakes and Arrows. The style of the music is completely different, one album is ballads and the other is almost acid rock, but both albums are uniquely RUSH and immediately identifiable as such.
If you read or watch interviews of the band you learn that each album is an experiment into a new way of expressing their talent. And NO, you cannot say that about all bands. Most bands have the same musical style across all their albums and cannot deliver the depth of what RUSH delivers.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
RACE gets it. Maybe he could explain better.

Location hidden

#88129 Jul 11, 2013
My coworker just told me that his brother’s HOA has decided to DNA test all unpicked-up dog poop in the HOA, so they can find and fine the owners. But… how is that supposed to work? THen you have to DNA test all the dogs. Wouldn't you have to get a court order to draw blood from the dog against his owner's wishes?

And it’s not a gated community (heck, it’s just Edina, Minnesota), so I could live across the street from the HOA, and walk my dog on their property and leave dog poop behind, and they wouldn’t have access to my dog to test it. WTH? DNA tests run about $500 last I heard. How much money are they going to spend? Wouldn’t it be cheaper to just quietly hire someone to pick up the dog poop left behind (quietly so no one RELIES on it; you don’t want people just leaving the poo there b/c they know Joe will be making the rounds tomorrow).?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#88130 Jul 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Nancy Wilson has been playing primarily a 12-string for 40 years now! That opening to Crazy on You is her!
Oh yeah I LOVE Nancy Wilson. I was going to mention her actually, but then I kind of got on a RUSH thing, and well, you know, it's my happy place so I kind of lose track of everything else when I'm there.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#88131 Jul 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
Of course Mimi....
RUSH RULES!
or the long answer. All rush albums are concept albums, not always in the theme of the songs (where the album tells a story), but in the musical style of the album. 2112 is in no way comparable to Snakes and Arrows. The style of the music is completely different, one album is ballads and the other is almost acid rock, but both albums are uniquely RUSH and immediately identifiable as such.
If you read or watch interviews of the band you learn that each album is an experiment into a new way of expressing their talent. And NO, you cannot say that about all bands. Most bands have the same musical style across all their albums and cannot deliver the depth of what RUSH delivers.
<quoted text>
See? I knew you'd be able to explain it well.

I saw an interview with Geddy Lee a couple years ago and they were talking about A Farewell to Kings. Geddy said it was a hard album to put together because they were doing things that were (at that time) beyond them musically. Um...no dude, you guys freaking nailed it. Might have been hard, but they definitely rose to the occasion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min EasyEed 1,126,956
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min jacques Ottawa 179,415
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min Subpoena Topics 50,636
Abby 10-23-14 48 min pde 10
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,664
Amy 10-24 1 hr edogxxx 11
Abby 10-24 2 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]