Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
"no reason at all" isn't true ANYWHERE in this country.
Yes it is. In Illinois the standard is that an at will( meaning non-union) employee can be fired for any reason or no reason at all as long as it is not a discriminatory reason.

Discriminatory means the person fired is in a specifically protected group.

As far as I am ware most states have a similar standard. Certainly te ones in the Midwest do.

Check with your HR person. This is probably in bold letters in Chapter 3 , right after Though shalt not ask virginity status in the job interview( a question actually posed to my sister some years ago when interviewing for an engineers position) and Thous shalt pay the employees for the time they work.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
"no reason at all" isn't true ANYWHERE in this country.
The fact that I can be fired for any or no reason at all has appeared on every job application I have ever filled out.

Do a little research before you open mouth and insert foot.

And what PEllen said.

Furthermore, let's suppose your liberal paradise has come true and the federal government DID pass a law that said gays can't be fired for being gay.

The courts would be so inundated with gay people, who were fired for legitimate reasons, claiming they were fired for being gay. Fearing such a can of worms, companies would likely go out of their way to make sure they DON'T hire the gay man/woman. You would actually be HURTING their cause.

And the fact you think homosexuality should be treated as a legitimate handicap should outrage the gay community. And you call yourself a supporter of so-called "gay rights," (which is a misnomer. You, nor anyone else, can't name one right in either the US Constitution or the Bill of Rights that gays are denied.)

And I still say gays aren't losing their jobs for being gay, like you for some reason want to believe. Everywhere I've worked there have been gainfully employed gay people. So you find ONE example. Big whoop. I can find one example of just about anything. Doesn't mean it happens everywhere frequently.

Wise up. Your paranoia is not reality.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that I can be fired for any or no reason at all has appeared on every job application I have ever filled out.
And what PEllen said.
Furthermore, let's suppose your liberal paradise has come true and the federal government DID pass a law that said gays can't be fired for being gay.
The courts would be so inundated with gay people, who were fired for legitimate reasons, claiming they were fired for being gay. Fearing such a can of worms, companies would likely go out of their way to make sure they DON'T hire the gay man/woman. You would actually be HURTING their cause.
And the fact you think homosexuality should be treated as a legitimate handicap should outrage the gay community. And you call yourself a supporter of so-called "gay rights," (which is a misnomer. You, nor anyone else, can't name one right in either the US Constitution or the Bill of Rights that gays are denied.)
And I still say gays aren't losing their jobs for being gay, like you for some reason want to believe. Everywhere I've worked there have been gainfully employed gay people. So you find ONE example. Big whoop. I can find one example of just about anything. Doesn't mean it happens everywhere frequently.
Thanks Dog, but that's not going to happen .

FWIW there is a term for your post Reductio ad absurdem- taking an argument to an absurd conclusion.
(this has been a trip down memory lane: first The Association, now high school Logic. Shudder)

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

PEllen wrote:
FWIW there is a term for your post Reductio ad absurdem- taking an argument to an absurd conclusion.
And what do you seem to think is the absurd conclusion?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And what PEllen said.
Um, homosexuality would not be classified as a handicap, it would become a protected class, just like race, religion, etc, etc.

And about that analogy; if what you say is true, then companies would only hire white folk because black folk and asian folk bring suits all the time about how they were passed over for promotion or whatever because of their skin color. Most are without merit and don't get very far, and I would expect the same of your predicted inudation by gays.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it is.
Quite literally, no. IT IS NOT. He said you can be fired for any reason at all. But you can't. you can't fire someone for discriminatory reasons as outlined by federal and state governments.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And what PEllen said.
My god you are such a worthless piece of crap.
I have never once said that being gay is a handicap or should be treated as such. Where you got that, I have no idea.
And of course you don't believe someone lost their job for being gay. Because you're A BIGOT.
I hope you lose your job for good, lose your house, and end up dead in a gutter, because you contribute not one single thing of value on this planet.
You are the most worthless person on the internet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

I have never hated a human being so much as I hate edog. Worthless piece of crap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

And I'm very well versed in employment law, tyvm, which is why i played the semantics card with the resident retard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you seem to think is the absurd conclusion?
Every thing that comes out of your stupid mouth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Only a complete idiot would think that no one ever gets fired for being gay, given that there are gay people who are MURDERED just for being gay.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

And PE, those anti-discrimination laws are at the federal level. States can merely make them even more stringent, such as the states that include gender identity and sexual orientation in their list of protected classes.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite literally, no. IT IS NOT. He said you can be fired for any reason at all. But you can't. you can't fire someone for discriminatory reasons as outlined by federal and state governments.
???
That's what I said.

"an at will( meaning non-union) employee can be fired for any reason or no reason at all as long as it is not a discriminatory reason."

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And PE, those anti-discrimination laws are at the federal level. States can merely make them even more stringent, such as the states that include gender identity and sexual orientation in their list of protected classes.
The argument comes down to whether sexual orientation is a protected class.

In some states it is and therefore you cannot be fired just because you are gay.

In other states sexual orientation is not a protected class and the boss can fire youjust for being gay.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
And about that analogy; if what you say is true, then companies would only hire white folk because black folk and asian folk bring suits all the time about how they were passed over for promotion or whatever because of their skin color. Most are without merit and don't get very far, and I would expect the same of your predicted inudation by gays.
Exactly my point. Do we want more of those frivolous lawsuits? Next thing you know, illegal immigrants are gonna start suing companies that don't hire them because of their ethnicity.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
He said you can be fired for any reason at all. But you can't. you can't fire someone for discriminatory reasons
I said any OR no reason at all.

Ok, so I'm not gonna fire you because you're a black, gay, Jewish and transgender lesbian in a polyandrous relationship with an Eskimo midget and his donkey....

I'm just gonna fire you without a reason because I can...

You would have no recourse.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have never hated a human being so much as I hate edog. Worthless piece of crap.
Surely you must at least hate Hitler more than me? And Vlad the Impaler? Pilate? You are a beautiful ray of sunshine on a cloudy afternoon and flowers and fish alike gaze up at your magnificent countenance.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>.
I just browsed a top 100 guitarists of all time listing that was created out of a reader poll on Guitar World.com .

Jimi Hendrix was not number 1. Ok. I can live with that. But then I saw who defeated him. No disrespect, but even as a big Queen fan, would YOU consider Brian May better guitarist than Jimi Hendrix?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Angela I just sent you Hotmail.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Tonka, that is a negative on Brian May. I didn't even know his name until just now.
But yeah, Jimi Hendrix was quite the trailblazer in Rock and Roll. And one who exerts a tremedous influence on budding guitarists to this day. He is another one of those dopers who have achieved immortality through in their art and creativity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,861 - 86,880 of96,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]