Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88069 Jul 10, 2013
I have never hated a human being so much as I hate edog. Worthless piece of crap.

Location hidden

#88070 Jul 10, 2013
And I'm very well versed in employment law, tyvm, which is why i played the semantics card with the resident retard.

Location hidden

#88071 Jul 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you seem to think is the absurd conclusion?
Every thing that comes out of your stupid mouth.

Location hidden

#88072 Jul 10, 2013
Only a complete idiot would think that no one ever gets fired for being gay, given that there are gay people who are MURDERED just for being gay.

Location hidden

#88073 Jul 10, 2013
And PE, those anti-discrimination laws are at the federal level. States can merely make them even more stringent, such as the states that include gender identity and sexual orientation in their list of protected classes.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88074 Jul 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite literally, no. IT IS NOT. He said you can be fired for any reason at all. But you can't. you can't fire someone for discriminatory reasons as outlined by federal and state governments.
???
That's what I said.

"an at will( meaning non-union) employee can be fired for any reason or no reason at all as long as it is not a discriminatory reason."

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88075 Jul 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And PE, those anti-discrimination laws are at the federal level. States can merely make them even more stringent, such as the states that include gender identity and sexual orientation in their list of protected classes.
The argument comes down to whether sexual orientation is a protected class.

In some states it is and therefore you cannot be fired just because you are gay.

In other states sexual orientation is not a protected class and the boss can fire youjust for being gay.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88076 Jul 10, 2013
squishymama wrote:
And about that analogy; if what you say is true, then companies would only hire white folk because black folk and asian folk bring suits all the time about how they were passed over for promotion or whatever because of their skin color. Most are without merit and don't get very far, and I would expect the same of your predicted inudation by gays.
Exactly my point. Do we want more of those frivolous lawsuits? Next thing you know, illegal immigrants are gonna start suing companies that don't hire them because of their ethnicity.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#88077 Jul 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
He said you can be fired for any reason at all. But you can't. you can't fire someone for discriminatory reasons
I said any OR no reason at all.

Ok, so I'm not gonna fire you because you're a black, gay, Jewish and transgender lesbian in a polyandrous relationship with an Eskimo midget and his donkey....

I'm just gonna fire you without a reason because I can...

You would have no recourse.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#88078 Jul 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have never hated a human being so much as I hate edog. Worthless piece of crap.
Surely you must at least hate Hitler more than me? And Vlad the Impaler? Pilate? You are a beautiful ray of sunshine on a cloudy afternoon and flowers and fish alike gaze up at your magnificent countenance.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88079 Jul 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>.
I just browsed a top 100 guitarists of all time listing that was created out of a reader poll on Guitar World.com .

Jimi Hendrix was not number 1. Ok. I can live with that. But then I saw who defeated him. No disrespect, but even as a big Queen fan, would YOU consider Brian May better guitarist than Jimi Hendrix?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#88080 Jul 10, 2013
Angela I just sent you Hotmail.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#88081 Jul 10, 2013
Tonka, that is a negative on Brian May. I didn't even know his name until just now.
But yeah, Jimi Hendrix was quite the trailblazer in Rock and Roll. And one who exerts a tremedous influence on budding guitarists to this day. He is another one of those dopers who have achieved immortality through in their art and creativity.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88082 Jul 10, 2013
Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin would be my #1....Hendrix, then Eric Clapton.....

Location hidden

#88083 Jul 10, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
I just browsed a top 100 guitarists of all time listing that was created out of a reader poll on Guitar World.com .
Jimi Hendrix was not number 1. Ok. I can live with that. But then I saw who defeated him. No disrespect, but even as a big Queen fan, would YOU consider Brian May better guitarist than Jimi Hendrix?
Jimi Hendrix died at what, 27? Brian May has been making amazing music for over 40 years. Maybe it's more that Brian May is known by so many more people -- especially young people -- because Jimi died so long ago?

I wouldn't say Brian or Jimi is better than the other. they both have very different playing styles. Brian May is AMAZING. But I also love JH and have most of his work -- including stuff that his father released long after Jimi died.

Location hidden

#88084 Jul 10, 2013
Okay, I'm so sick of edog's *willful ignorance*. that's what it is. But I'm going to try to channel tonka and mock him, laugh at hmi, and move on.

Location hidden

#88085 Jul 10, 2013
Ugh, Eric Clapton isn't that good, in my book, and most of my guitarist friends would agree. I find his playing style grating, simplistic, and repetitive.

Then again, Foo Fighters are CRAZY repetitive in almost all of their songs, and I love them.

Location hidden

#88086 Jul 10, 2013
Just got home. Went to watch Nick's 11yo play baseball. Good 11yos. Then we left to watch Nick's 6yo play. HA! Totally different sport. One is baseball. The other is a bunch of boys playing in the dirt, having to be told a million times "watch the game," "look at the batter," EVERYBODY ON THE BENCH PUT THE BATS DOWN, etc. It was comical. When a ball is hit, several kids will run for the ball and fight for it, climb over each other, etc. They rarely throw the ball to make the out -- they run to where the batter is.

But when Nick's kid hit a double (he's a very good ball player, but he plays a lot with his dad and brother), one of the other adorable little byos on the other team high fived him as he stood on 2nd base.

It was a HOOT. And I got to hold a 10-day-old baby!!! He looked like William Shatner but I didn't tell the mom that.

Location hidden

#88087 Jul 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin would be my #1....Hendrix, then Eric Clapton.....
Jimmy Page is pretty amazing. I've heard countless covers of "Rock 'n' Roll," including Heart's, and while they usually are very good, you can hear the lead guitarist take shortcuts in the lead guitar line b/c they cant' do what he did.

I imagine Jimmy, Jimi, Brian, and Eric would think this is just a silly debate and that you can't compare one artist to another objectively.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88088 Jul 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimi Hendrix died at what, 27? Brian May has been making amazing music for over 40 years. Maybe it's more that Brian May is known by so many more people -- especially young people -- because Jimi died so long ago?
I wouldn't say Brian or Jimi is better than the other. they both have very different playing styles. Brian May is AMAZING. But I also love JH and have most of his work -- including stuff that his father released long after Jimi died.
???
Again, no disrespect to Brian may, but you think more people know who Brian May is than Jimi Hendrix? Especially young people??!!??That is way crazier to me than someone thinking he was a better guitarist(that's just matter of taste). How do young people know Brian May more than Hendrix? I would think more young people would have no idea who he is since he's best known as the guitarist for Queen, who is about as relevant to the 'kids' as Hendrix is. ie:Music their parents listened to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,154,170
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Fair Game 49,226
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 45 min Culture Auditor 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 181,844
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 1 hr WOW 16
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,064
abby 12-21 3 hr PEllen 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]