Comments
86,801 - 86,820 of 97,938 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88030 Jul 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Late 50's-early 60's window units, eventually led to central AC....
ie: before I was born.

:)

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#88031 Jul 8, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Squishy- did you go to the art fair? What did you think of it?
They wanted a voluntary donation of $5 to enter. I didn't see anyone pay.
We thought it was cr@p. The quality seemed poor and there were a lot fewer artists.

We paid $10 on our way out; no cash on the way in.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88032 Jul 8, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We thought it was cr@p. The quality seemed poor and there were a lot fewer artists.
We paid $10 on our way out; no cash on the way in.
I agree.
The crane was gone and the fountain going, so that was a plus

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#88033 Jul 8, 2013
a very touching story on the firefighters in AZ:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizona/article...

get out your hankies!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#88034 Jul 9, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88035 Jul 9, 2013
Thanks , Dog

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88036 Jul 9, 2013
Oh my freaking god:

SAND SPRINGS, Okla. A Tulsa man remained jailed Monday on a peeping Tom complaint after authorities discovered him inside a septic tank beneath a women's bathroom at a Sand Springs water park.

Kenneth Enslow, 52, was arrested Sunday after a woman called police. She had taken her 7-year-old daughter to the bathroom and noticed a man looking up at her from inside the toilet, Tulsa County Sheriff's Maj. Shannon Clark said.

"He went in there, climbed down in the septic and was looking up at the people utilizing that facility," Clark said.

Enslow, who was covered in human waste, was helped from the septic tank by members of the Keystone Fire Department, who sprayed him off with a fire hose and then transported to a hospital for evaluation, according to a sheriff's report.

Court and jail records do not indicate if Enslow has an attorney.

Enslow told police that a woman hit him in the head with a tire iron and dumped him in the toilet, according to the report.

But Clark said: "There were no injuries consistent with that."

Enslow remained jailed on a felony warrant from Okmulgee County related to a 1998 embezzlement case, court records show.

A formal arraignment in the peeping Tom case is scheduled for July 15.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88037 Jul 9, 2013
Now why didn't I think of that?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh my freaking god:
SAND SPRINGS, Okla. A Tulsa man remained jailed Monday on a peeping Tom complaint after authorities discovered him inside a septic tank beneath a women's bathroom at a Sand Springs water park.
Kenneth Enslow, 52, was arrested Sunday after a woman called police. She had taken her 7-year-old daughter to the bathroom and noticed a man looking up at her from inside the toilet, Tulsa County Sheriff's Maj. Shannon Clark said.
"He went in there, climbed down in the septic and was looking up at the people utilizing that facility," Clark said.
Enslow, who was covered in human waste, was helped from the septic tank by members of the Keystone Fire Department, who sprayed him off with a fire hose and then transported to a hospital for evaluation, according to a sheriff's report.
Enslow told police that a woman hit him in the head with a tire iron and dumped him in the toilet, according to the report.
Enslow remained jailed on a felony warrant from Okmulgee County related to a 1998 embezzlement case, court records show.

Neda, stay with me!

#88038 Jul 9, 2013
Anybody else watching the IIS spacewalk? Pretty cool

http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88039 Jul 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps because you think with your brain rather than.... nope, I can't imagine what body part you think with to climb into a septic tank for random crotch shots.

And may I say, YUK!!

Schaumburg, IL

#88040 Jul 9, 2013
my mind boggles at the though of the physics involved in eitehr mode of entry...

Schaumburg, IL

#88041 Jul 9, 2013
so, as of yesterday, it's been one year since my SIL sat on my couch crying, ranting and raving about what to do and where she was going to sleep because she got locked out of her apartment by her (now) soon (we hope) to be exhusband. what a year it's been... she's gotten cleaner, gottne on her feet, into counseling, into her own place, gotten a much better job, and into school.

i don't think she could have imagined all this a year ago.

now to get the girls to have a wee bit of insight and compassion for her... the younger one comes home from a 2 week trip abroad and lights into SIL about "did you use while i was gone" and the older one piles it on. but they're not open to the possibility of listening or trying to undestand...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#88042 Jul 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh my freaking god:
My 7 y.o. would never want to go to the bathroom again, heck,*I* might never want to go to the bathroom again if I saw a face looking up at me.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88043 Jul 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
have some more beer snd give it time

Neda, stay with me!

#88044 Jul 9, 2013
Tell them if they cant offer encouragement or compassion then to hold their tongue until they walk a mile in her shoes.
Aisle Sitter wrote:
i don't think she could have imagined all this a year ago.
now to get the girls to have a wee bit of insight and compassion for her... the younger one comes home from a 2 week trip abroad and lights into SIL about "did you use while i was gone" and the older one piles it on. but they're not open to the possibility of listening or trying to undestand...

Neda, stay with me!

#88045 Jul 9, 2013
I'm a professional, I pass out before I do stupid. It's a safety mechanism.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>have some more beer snd give it time

Schaumburg, IL

#88046 Jul 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
Tell them if they cant offer encouragement or compassion then to hold their tongue until they walk a mile in her shoes.
<quoted text>
sad thing is, i don't htink that will work either... they had a session with SILs counselor, and what the counselor said didn't make a damn bit of difference. they're still in their own little worlds. so, SIL is stuck with the only reasonable option of leaving when they put too much pressure on her, which pisses off the girls and makes them even more suspicious. <Sigh>

I'm about to sit them down one at a time and try to play the Auntie card and go over some of the "there but for the grace of god go i" stuff, but hubby says they're just not open to hearing any of that, let alone listening...

Schaumburg, IL

#88047 Jul 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
i think that part of the problem goes way back... not that the girls were spoiled, but SIL did an awful lot for the family given the limited means, and an awful lot for almost everyone else and not for herself. so now that SIL has had a crisis and needs to take care of herself first and foremost, i think teh girls kinda can't handle taht... <shrug> tired of it and for SIL getting beat (figuratively) up on by everyone else...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88048 Jul 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
I'm a professional, I pass out before I do stupid. It's a safety mechanism.
<quoted text>
Ever pass out in the john?

A hard drinking buddy of mine has told me that has happened to him.

That is a possible explanation for the mechanics of how he got in there.

Still, YUKK!!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88049 Jul 9, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i think that part of the problem goes way back... not that the girls were spoiled, but SIL did an awful lot for the family given the limited means, and an awful lot for almost everyone else and not for herself. so now that SIL has had a crisis and needs to take care of herself first and foremost, i think teh girls kinda can't handle taht... <shrug> tired of it and for SIL getting beat (figuratively) up on by everyone else...
Is this prompted by the POS soon to be ex BIL?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Jon 1,100,626
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL 69,004
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 34 min 40ish 4,675
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,414
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 2 hr joey 4
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 2 hr ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 3
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr danetoo 68,381
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info