Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

PEllen wrote:
The parents were stupid for not putting a cap on their bid. The school was deceptive by using the administrator as a shill to bid up the amount.
As far as I am concerned, it is a $50,000 lesson, but the school wil no doubt lose a student and will be justifiably bad-mouthed.
I agree with all of this.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
And here's another one that annoyed me.
http://consumerist.com/2013/07/02/att-took-aw...
Dude upgraded his phone and ATT mistakenly changed him from the unlimited data plan to a 3GB plan AND raised his rate. He did not notice for over 3 months. ATT says too bad. We don't make adjustments like that after 90 days.
I think 90 days is more than sufficient. You get 3 phone bills and don't notice its higher than what you were paying? Sorry, but its your fault for not checking your bill. You can't go back to a department store and claim they put the wrong item in your bag and charged you extra for it after 3 months. But that's not the part that annoyed me. This is:
"I have a full-time job and two young children. I donít have time to check every bill, "
Wow. What a unique situation you are in. It would be silly to expect someone living thru such rare circumstances to actually pay attention to the bills he's paying. Its obviously not your fault.
FLUCK YOU, AZZHOLE!
ITA again. Stop being so reasonable, mofo!

I have to ask... does your reasonableness -- your ability to voice an opinion different from the knee-jerk reaction of the group, and to get at least one of us going, "Oh, well, okay, I can see that side of things when you put it that way."

Does that ever drive your wife nuts?

When Nick and I agree on anything but music, when one of us looks it up (usually me), I'm almost always wrong with him. Otherwise in factual debates, I'm typically right (based a lot on having a really good memory for what i've read and hear d-- often, anyway). But damn. It gets old, Nick always being right!(and he loves it)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Actually, I don't think I've ever called edog a "homophoboe." I don't throw that word around to cover "everybody who doesn't agree with equal rights for gay people." To me, it has a more specific meaning, involving a more extreme reaction (perhaps even physical, but over the top in any case) to gay-related issues/topcis.

Edog's a bigot. But he's no homophobe.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

We're watching "Tattoo Nightmares" on Spike. I feel slightly more confident about my life decisions now. It's all cover ups of bad tats.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Using eBay for comparison, they do not permit straw-man or shill bidding by the person who has put the item up for auction. No reputable auction house allows that. My husband collects things and goes to collectible auctions a lot so I am reasonably familiar with this sort of story.
The parents were stupid for not putting a cap on their bid. The school was deceptive by using the administrator as a shill to bid up the amount.
As far as I am concerned, it is a $50,000 lesson, but the school wil no doubt lose a student and will be justifiably bad-mouthed.
Would it have been wise to put a cap on it? Sure. But they were willing to spend a few grand. They had no reason to think the school that they were already being extremely generous with was going to put the screws to them. Like I said, if there was some other legitimate bidder who was trying to buy the same thing, then I would not feel bad for them. But that's not what happened. They were the victims of deliberate fraud.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Would it have been wise to put a cap on it? Sure. But they were willing to spend a few grand. They had no reason to think the school that they were already being extremely generous with was going to put the screws to them. Like I said, if there was some other legitimate bidder who was trying to buy the same thing, then I would not feel bad for them. But that's not what happened. They were the victims of deliberate fraud.
ITA. Very shitty. I missed the part about the school rep getting them into the bidding war -- I just thought it was the person bidding on the parent's behalf. Now I see that I was wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
We're watching "Tattoo Nightmares" on Spike. I feel slightly more confident about my life decisions now. It's all cover ups of bad tats.
Ick.

www.ugliesttattoos.com could give a person nightmares.

(I think they got absorbed into the lolcats' website, so the site may not still be working.)

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Actually, I don't think I've ever called edog a "homophoboe." I don't throw that word around to cover "everybody who doesn't agree with equal rights for gay people."
Edog's a bigot. But he's no homophobe.
I haven't kept track of who's called me what, but I commend you for not painting everyone with a broad brush (unlike Tonka, who HAS called me a homophobe, but that's only because he sees things in black and white and doesn't understand there are shades of gray. In his mind, anyone who's opposed to gay marriage MUST be a homophobe.)

But I don't even think I'm a bigot. I've got my views and beliefs, just like everyone else. Just because you don't happen to agree with all of them doesn't mean I deserve a negative label.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't kept track of who's called me what, but I commend you for not painting everyone with a broad brush (unlike Tonka, who HAS called me a homophobe, but that's only because he sees things in black and white and doesn't understand there are shades of gray. In his mind, anyone who's opposed to gay marriage MUST be a homophobe.)
But I don't even think I'm a bigot. I've got my views and beliefs, just like everyone else. Just because you don't happen to agree with all of them doesn't mean I deserve a negative label.
\

You want to deny equality under the law based solely on how someone is born. That is bigotry.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>\
You want to deny equality under the law based solely on how someone is born. That is bigotry.
Still think all gays are born that way. That's narrow-mindedness.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Today is a vacation day, why am I here reading your posts? Thats what I do at work.

Gonna go play in the sunshine now, bye!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Ok, playing outside costs money, I just blew $300 on fireworks.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Ok, playing outside costs money, I just blew $300 on fireworks.
I get fireworks and don't have to blow...money.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I know that there are some around here who will find this useful. I got a Groupon notice for this.

3-Pack of World's Best Bra Plus-Size Bras Ė Online Deal
$11.99 for 3-Pack of World's Best Bra Plus-Size Bras ($59.95 List Price). Multiple Colors Available.

Boobies contained, but Boobies nonetheless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
Heh. I like the one where the guy's shorts are so skimpy, it's like he's not even wearing them!

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

So we had to make a semi-emergency appointment with the dentist for Nunu. Her two bottom adult teeth are almost completely in but the baby teeth would not come out; they just got pushed forward. So as my MIL recounts it, Nunu hopped up in the chair, asked for sunglasses and was preparing to get her teeth pulled out. The dentist took one look and asked Nunu why she hadn't pulled them out already. Nu says she tried, but they just wouldn't come out!

So the dentist wraps both teeth with gauze and holds Nunu's hand in the right position, shows her which direction to push the teeth and pop! out came the teeth. She is VERY proud of herself and I'm overjoyed that the dentist is not charging us for a visit.

I love our dentist.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. I like the one where the guy's shorts are so skimpy, it's like he's not even wearing them!
That was my favorite too! I said "oh my" to myself and really tried to find evidence of some sort of clothing on the dude, but nope, none to be found.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,761 - 86,780 of96,013
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,033,725
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min Frijoles 64,980
snapchat gay names 37 min Aussieboy123 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min Rogue Scholar 05 167,404
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min OzRitz 42,937
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 2 hr throw more shoes 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr _Zoey_ 4,022
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••