Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't kept track of who's called me what, but I commend you for not painting everyone with a broad brush (unlike Tonka, who HAS called me a homophobe, but that's only because he sees things in black and white and doesn't understand there are shades of gray. In his mind, anyone who's opposed to gay marriage MUST be a homophobe.)
But I don't even think I'm a bigot. I've got my views and beliefs, just like everyone else. Just because you don't happen to agree with all of them doesn't mean I deserve a negative label.
\

You want to deny equality under the law based solely on how someone is born. That is bigotry.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>\
You want to deny equality under the law based solely on how someone is born. That is bigotry.
Still think all gays are born that way. That's narrow-mindedness.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Today is a vacation day, why am I here reading your posts? Thats what I do at work.

Gonna go play in the sunshine now, bye!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Ok, playing outside costs money, I just blew $300 on fireworks.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Ok, playing outside costs money, I just blew $300 on fireworks.
I get fireworks and don't have to blow...money.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I know that there are some around here who will find this useful. I got a Groupon notice for this.

3-Pack of World's Best Bra Plus-Size Bras Online Deal
$11.99 for 3-Pack of World's Best Bra Plus-Size Bras ($59.95 List Price). Multiple Colors Available.

Boobies contained, but Boobies nonetheless.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
Heh. I like the one where the guy's shorts are so skimpy, it's like he's not even wearing them!

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

So we had to make a semi-emergency appointment with the dentist for Nunu. Her two bottom adult teeth are almost completely in but the baby teeth would not come out; they just got pushed forward. So as my MIL recounts it, Nunu hopped up in the chair, asked for sunglasses and was preparing to get her teeth pulled out. The dentist took one look and asked Nunu why she hadn't pulled them out already. Nu says she tried, but they just wouldn't come out!

So the dentist wraps both teeth with gauze and holds Nunu's hand in the right position, shows her which direction to push the teeth and pop! out came the teeth. She is VERY proud of herself and I'm overjoyed that the dentist is not charging us for a visit.

I love our dentist.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. I like the one where the guy's shorts are so skimpy, it's like he's not even wearing them!
That was my favorite too! I said "oh my" to myself and really tried to find evidence of some sort of clothing on the dude, but nope, none to be found.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my favorite too! I said "oh my" to myself and really tried to find evidence of some sort of clothing on the dude, but nope, none to be found.
If it had been the little kid dressed like that and in that position she would have been taking a dump (I have a picture of one of my girls on the front lawn running under sprinklers with the next door neighbor where that was captured. I am saving that photo to fund a verrry comfortable retirement.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Still think all gays are born that way. That's narrow-mindedness.
it's not narrow-mindedness. It's accepting of science and medical FACT.

but I know you repudiate such things.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

so, ew thought that 4500 miles would preclude a surprise visit from my brohter for the 4th of July... instead of FedExing something, he's flying in to hand-deliver something to a prospective customer. he;s only here for 23 hours, which is a puzzlement, but whatever...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Do they have mobile devices to use with it?Pretty soon you can introduce them to Instagram
Mobile devices? They have the old laptop of mine.
Mom texts and dad never answered his cell, which has no VM.

Of course, I don't text. I loathe it, nor do I want people having 24/7 access. Seeing people on phones every.frigging.place you go is so annoying and unhealthy.

But emailing my mom daily and never talking on the phone is much better for our relationship!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, I don't text. I loathe it, nor do I want people having 24/7 access. Seeing people on phones every.frigging.place you go is so annoying and unhealthy.
But emailing my mom daily and never talking on the phone is much better for our relationship!
Hey, they are the Jetsons compared to my parents.
My Dad has a cell phone and a PC and is on FB.
The family has tried individually and in the aggregate to get my Mom to use a cell phone. She will not do it. She says she can't learn. We have tried the super-simple, big key phones and teh more normal ones. We have tried to encourage her in times of need such as when my Dad was in the rehab center for 3 months and we have tried when things are "normal" . She will not do it.

My Dad has a PC set up for her so she can email or see the grand-kids on FB. Same thing. She will use the PC to play solitaire but absolutely nothing else.

Speaking of grand-kids, how are your nieces doing? Do they live with their mom? Have your parents been able to maintain contact?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Now see I text just so I don't actually have to talk to anyone. Plus...ok text me. I'll get back to you when I feel like it. If I answer the phone...it's less than pleasant, for me. <shrug>

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

cheluzal wrote:
Of course, I don't text. I loathe it, nor do I want people having 24/7 access.
I don't text either, but my reason is financial( I don't have texting included in my plan), but your reason makes no sense. People only have whatever access you give them. A person can call you just as easily as they text you, and in both cases, it is completely at your discretion whether or not to answer the phone, return the text.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not narrow-mindedness. It's accepting of science and medical FACT.
but I know you repudiate such things.
You both could be right, or wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/homo...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TCT6FC1UJN...

This is Abby. I'm in too much of a hurry to get out of here. Or, I really love myself.

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TJP30GQ5HF...

Happy and safe Fourth, everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min CUT TO THE CHEESE 1,099,222
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 33 min Mr Peter 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 48 min danetoo 68,334
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,448
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr The Rogue 49,393
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 46,275
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Poppo 177,265
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••