Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87928 Jul 2, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> So what label do you put on someone like Kanye West?
Low class?
Tacky?
Attention ho?
Narcissistic, as in its all about me and F' you?
All of the above!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#87929 Jul 2, 2013
Everyone is sick! Including me, but I plan on being better in time for the long weekend which begins tomorrow night. Yesterday I stayed home from work for the first time since I've worked here (almost 7 years). I worked from home a bit though.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#87930 Jul 2, 2013
Long weekend starts today around 4ish

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#87931 Jul 2, 2013
RACE wrote:
Long weekend starts today around 4ish
What do you have planned?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#87932 Jul 2, 2013
I think my weekend is going to start in about an hour. I have a ton of meetings and classes next week, but not a whole lot going on right now. Methinks it is mani/pedi time.

Neda, stay with me!

#87933 Jul 2, 2013
visiting a buddy dinner with him and his wife, watch fireworks (that will be different, I am usually the one lighting the fuses) then boats beer cigars, rinse repeat.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>What do you have planned?

Neda, stay with me!

#87934 Jul 2, 2013
Oh, sure. try and show me up by starting your weekend sooner the me!
Matilda77 wrote:
I think my weekend is going to start in about an hour. I have a ton of meetings and classes next week, but not a whole lot going on right now. Methinks it is mani/pedi time.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87935 Jul 2, 2013
July 4th plans?

Thursday: Small town parade with Nick and his family (his first July 4th without his kids in 11 years), then back to NIck's parents' for food and swimming.

Friday: Babysitting at 4 for friends.

Saturday: Date night!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#87936 Jul 2, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
July 4th plans?
Thursday: Small town parade with Nick and his family (his first July 4th without his kids in 11 years), then back to NIck's parents' for food and swimming.
Friday: Babysitting at 4 for friends.
Saturday: Date night!
Babysittong? Where's rhat crazy chick that was here a few weeks ago to tell us how you have nefarious plans and rhose parents should not let the kida out of their sight unless grandma's watching them?

Neda, stay with me!

#87937 Jul 2, 2013
She's probably sedated. Maybe a medically induced coma.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Babysittong? Where's rhat crazy chick that was here a few weeks ago to tell us how you have nefarious plans and rhose parents should not let the kida out of their sight unless grandma's watching them?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#87938 Jul 2, 2013
Thursday- who knows

Friday- working, which is fine because otherwise I wouldn't get paid.

Saturday- me and my sis are going to Cedar Point in Ohio and visiting our friend out there (who happens to be a flaming gay man for those of you who for some reason think I'm a homophobe.)

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#87939 Jul 2, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
July 4th plans?
Thur: Hopefully the beach during the day. The weather here has been anything but beach-friendly lately so we're sorta chomping at the bit. Lulu thinks we should spend the whole day there (including lunch and dinner) in preparation for the fireworks. We'll see about that...

Fri: Hopefully back to the beach for awhile and some light chores around the house. The bathroom is starting to look a little scary...

Sat: Art fair! I shall try not to spend too much money, but this one has some really excellent stuff.

Sun: I might go to church with the girls; they do lakefront services in the summer so I can just tune out and enjoy some nature. Dickie has rehearsal all afternoon, so I'm guessing we'll end up back at the beach if it's nice.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#87940 Jul 2, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Thur: Hopefully the beach during the day. The weather here has been anything but beach-friendly lately so we're sorta chomping at the bit. Lulu thinks we should spend the whole day there (including lunch and dinner) in preparation for the fireworks. We'll see about that...
Fri: Hopefully back to the beach for awhile and some light chores around the house. The bathroom is starting to look a little scary...
Sat: Art fair! I shall try not to spend too much money, but this one has some really excellent stuff.
Sun: I might go to church with the girls; they do lakefront services in the summer so I can just tune out and enjoy some nature. Dickie has rehearsal all afternoon, so I'm guessing we'll end up back at the beach if it's nice.
Do they do fireworks on the 3rd or 4th?

The suburb just north of you does them as well- do you watch both nights?

Which art fair?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#87941 Jul 2, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they do fireworks on the 3rd or 4th?
The suburb just north of you does them as well- do you watch both nights?
Which art fair?
They only do it on the 4th. We're too lazy to go anywhere else, since the kids usually fall asleep anyway. I think this year we're going to borrow the wagon from the in-law's for Nunu; she's a b!tch to wake up and too heavy to carry!

We can usually see some Chicago's display from our beach, so we sorta get two shows in one.

Fountain Square in downtown Evanston.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#87942 Jul 2, 2013
weekend plans:

- hoping to get early dismissal tomorrow, and if i do, i'll run to get some fabric for a bunch of sewing projects i need to get to. only have 3 baby blankets to finish and one to shop for. someone asked me to make one wiht a fairly specific theme, should e fun to do.

Thursday - laying low, might go for hot dogs or something like taht.

Friday/Saturday - might go see The Heat and hit a mall.

Sunday - drown sorrows that we have to get up the following day.

Somewhere in there we may meet up with SIL and "sell" her a car.

PElly, if you want to meet for coffee or a drink, lemme know... i'll be aroudn!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#87943 Jul 2, 2013
It is a slow day.
Try this one- kangaroo detecting radar

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/07/02/vol...

If they can do that, why can't they do deer detection so it will be safe to drive near the forest preserves again?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#87944 Jul 2, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
weekend plans:
- hoping to get early dismissal tomorrow, and if i do, i'll run to get some fabric for a bunch of sewing projects i need to get to. only have 3 baby blankets to finish and one to shop for. someone asked me to make one wiht a fairly specific theme, should e fun to do.
Thursday - laying low, might go for hot dogs or something like taht.
Friday/Saturday - might go see The Heat and hit a mall.
Sunday - drown sorrows that we have to get up the following day.
Somewhere in there we may meet up with SIL and "sell" her a car.
PElly, if you want to meet for coffee or a drink, lemme know... i'll be aroudn!
Best offer I have had all day. I'll send you an email

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#87945 Jul 2, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
They only do it on the 4th. We're too lazy to go anywhere else, since the kids usually fall asleep anyway. I think this year we're going to borrow the wagon from the in-law's for Nunu; she's a b!tch to wake up and too heavy to carry!
We can usually see some Chicago's display from our beach, so we sorta get two shows in one.
Fountain Square in downtown Evanston.
I have been going to the gym near there. Fountain Square is a construction zone with a large crane in the middle at the moment- I will make a point of checking it out though.

It would be way cool if they hung some art pieces from the boom of the crane

(I like the beer place on the nose of the square( it is 5 streets coming together with a long needle triangle shaped tip with a fountain in it)- it is byo food. We stop at Whole foods for cheese and crackers and chips and go over there occasionally.)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87946 Jul 2, 2013
Mani/pedi, check. Now cider and pizza. Then a nap with the dogs.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87947 Jul 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Thursday- who knows

Friday- working, which is fine because otherwise I wouldn't get paid.

Saturday- me and my sis are going to Cedar Point in Ohio and visiting our friend out there (who happens to be a flaming gay man for those of you who for some reason think I'm a homophobe.)
Cedar Point is fun. Flaming gay friend or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Teaman 1,127,224
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Big Mike 179,471
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 37 min Jonah1 50,653
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 59 min Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 2 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 2 hr reality is a crutch 2
John Wick Brings Stylish Bloody Mayhem to Chica... 3 hr Culture Auditor 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]