|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

For Matilda:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23514...

French Bulldog hides from own farts.

(Is India far enough?)

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
So, my parents JUST got wifi today....*sigh*
Ha! I know people who, living in SEATTLE are still using dial up. In freaking SEATTLE!

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Almost midnight. 79 degrees. <sigh> Stupid freaking heat wave.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Day drinking! Woot! And I did make it to church this morning.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
For Matilda:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23514...

French Bulldog hides from own farts.

(Is India far enough?)
Ha! You're the 3rd person to show me that link. My dogs fart so much, there's no way it would scare them.:-/

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

The only people I know IRL that are all upset about this whole Paula Deen thing are morbidly obese white women. I did not know she was such a hero...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Red, I finally remembered to check the oranges
$1.99 lb.

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
The only people I know IRL that are all upset about this whole Paula Deen thing are morbidly obese white women. I did not know she was such a hero...
When someone says it's ok to eat all of the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and all the other stuff that's so good but so bad for you, you kinda crush on them.

Not me of course. I think most of the stuff she makes looks pretty gross. I mean sure butter sugar...yummy, but I'd probably go into a diabetic coma after the first bite. <shrug>

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Good morning! Happy three-day work week!:D

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
As I was trying to leave my MILs this morning, I had to remind a very sad faced Lulu of this. Very sad face replaced with a smile very quickly!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
All the Paula Deen rugs are on clearance at Kmart. THey were cute, but still crazy expensive for being on clearance-- small, rubber-backed rugs (small as in maybe 18 inches by two feet?), still like $15. Originally sold for over $30? WTH? Because they have her name on it?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

I'm in an all day class today and it is FREEZING in this room. Going to be a long day, but at least I'll stay awake. :-/

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

guess again...Two! HA!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
All the Paula Deen rugs are on clearance at Kmart. THey were cute, but still crazy expensive for being on clearance-- small, rubber-backed rugs (small as in maybe 18 inches by two feet?), still like $15. Originally sold for over $30? WTH? Because they have her name on it?
I was at Walmart yesterday (fans) and there was a display of her cookware. I can use new pots and pans,so I was thinking they must be going pretty cheaply. Wrong. Not even on sale/clearance, just the normal price. <shrug> I'll go to Big Lots.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at Walmart yesterday (fans) and there was a display of her cookware. I can use new pots and pans,so I was thinking they must be going pretty cheaply. Wrong. Not even on sale/clearance, just the normal price. <shrug> I'll go to Big Lots.
Apparently this "news" is keeping us from finding out about Kanye West's lyrics that are pissing off people re: Parkinson's:

"Soon as I pull up and park the Benz / We get this bitch shaking like Parkinson's."

Geez. People are hypersensitive.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
There were pictures of her Savannah restaurant with people lined up. Your observation was spot on. All white and certainly all with big butts.

That being said, the reaction is so strong that it feels uncomfortably like an internet lynching.

I find it particularly irritating to see the commentary about how it is okay for blacks and black comedians especially to use the word because they have more latitude but to come crushingly hard down on a middle aged white woman for a generalize attitude. I have seen snippets of her deposition testimony- she seems to be catching it more for setting up a plantation wedding with black waiters like in Shirley Temple I think that is how she phrased it).

Give it a year or so. She will be back. Tiger Woods did it.People don't puke at the mention of Michael Vick. Anthony Weiner is leading the race for NYC mayor (In case there is any doubt, that is a cynical statement)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently this "news" is keeping us from finding out about Kanye West's lyrics that are pissing off people re: Parkinson's:
"Soon as I pull up and park the Benz / We get this bitch shaking like Parkinson's."
Geez. People are hypersensitive.
So what label do you put on someone like Kanye West?
Low class?
Tacky?
Attention ho?
Narcissistic, as in its all about me and F' you?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Yeah, I find that rationalization disgusting. But I wont start on that diatribe.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it particularly irritating to see the commentary about how it is okay for blacks and black comedians especially to use the word because they have more latitude but to come crushingly hard down on a middle aged white woman for a generalize attitude.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,064
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr XYZ 1,083,049
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 2 hr NITiN 22
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Subliminal 45,866
Six-year-old girl watches in horror as police '... 4 hr hands on AR 7
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr raphael 3,841
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr HughBe 68,430
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE