Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

RACE wrote:
I liked the drit wanted one.
<quoted text>
Me, too. I sent it to a friend who said the US would have gotten into WWII sooner if we'd been fighting grammar nazis.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

RACE wrote:
Some of these were pretty good
http://www.rd.com/slideshows/11-silly-signs-s...
OK. Why is the 5/3 Bank picture in there?
dahgts

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>OK. Why is the 5/3 Bank picture in there?
Because 5/3 is a silly name for a bank?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Does anyone know if the Hax chat can be gotten to anywhere else but WaPo?'Cause I'm not paying for it...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

I dunno, why?
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>OK. Why is the 5/3 Bank picture in there?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Does anyone know if the Hax chat can be gotten to anywhere else but WaPo?'Cause I'm not paying for it...
Check your private messages

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
There has been a lot of discussion on this paywall over at the WaPo, and from others have said, if you get to a WaPo article via google or another internet search, the paywall won't stop you.

And mobile devices also are untouchable, I believe. Ipads and iphones are immune.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Ok folks.
Leaving work early, going to Aruba's. So if anybody calls for me tell them I'm in the crapper.

Later!

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Edog still won't believe it.
Changing the definition of marriage to suit whichever way the wind is currently blowing is my whole POINT. Maybe we should just keep the so-called "rules" of marriage open indefinitely? Who knows, in thirty years, 1% of people wanting to marry their car should get an even shake? Mark my words, polygamous marriages will be next. People wanting to marry animals will soon follow. Go ahead and call me a paranoid nut-case in a tin foil hat. In thirty, maybe even twenty years, you'll see I'm right.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
She wasn't. The security guard found her passed out on her bed (she didn't answer the phone or the door so he went in).
I'm not sure I like the idea of a security guard letting himself into my apartment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Changing the definition of marriage to suit whichever way the wind is currently blowing is my whole POINT. Maybe we should just keep the so-called "rules" of marriage open indefinitely? Who knows, in thirty years, 1% of people wanting to marry their car should get an even shake? Mark my words, polygamous marriages will be next. People wanting to marry animals will soon follow. Go ahead and call me a paranoid nut-case in a tin foil hat. In thirty, maybe even twenty years, you'll see I'm right.
So the rules just freeze when they're at the point YOU agree with them. Right.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure I like the idea of a security guard letting himself into my apartment.
Yeah, that skeeved me out a little too. But it's not like he broke in or even used her key, the door was unlocked. And if she was injured, it would be a good thing for her to get found sooner than later.

But yeah, if I woke up and the security guard was standing over me in my bedroom, I'd probably sh1t my pants.

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been a lot of discussion on this paywall over at the WaPo, and from others have said, if you get to a WaPo article via google or another internet search, the paywall won't stop you.
And mobile devices also are untouchable, I believe. Ipads and iphones are immune.
I can get the regular column through the seattle paper, but so far I can't find the chat anywhere else. Going to try my phone right now. <shrug> Still not gonna pay. Nope nope...screw them they get enough $$$ from advertising.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Weekend plans?

Tonight: Poker.

Saturday: Cable guy is coming (cable box is defective grrr). Then helping friends lay a patio. Then date night with Nick and the kids.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that skeeved me out a little too. But it's not like he broke in or even used her key, the door was unlocked. And if she was injured, it would be a good thing for her to get found sooner than later.
But yeah, if I woke up and the security guard was standing over me in my bedroom, I'd probably sh1t my pants.
The last time I got that drunk and passed out, I fell asleep naked on my bed, perpendicular to how I SHOULD have been lying in it, left my contacts in, and left my dog outside (fenced yard in summer) all night. Not what I want someone else to see.

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
A car is an inanimate object without the capacity to enter into a contract, which, is what marriage is; a contract. If people want polygyny (the more correct word btw) or polyandry (one wife multiple husbands) or any kind of poly arrangement, who the hell cares? So what? How does it affect you? Oh wait, it doesn't. As long as each person enters into it of their free will and agree to some kind of property split beforehand, and it doesn't cost more in government benefits (e.g. social security will be paid in a fixed amount split however many ways) go for it. Whats it to you?

Marriage is not a religious thing. The government is in the business of regulating CIVIL contracts, like marriage. What god wants, at least in THIS country, is irrelevant. Per the Constitution. So, suck it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I got that drunk and passed out, I fell asleep naked on my bed, perpendicular to how I SHOULD have been lying in it, left my contacts in, and left my dog outside (fenced yard in summer) all night. Not what I want someone else to see.
Right... but if she had an abusive boyfriend who beat her up and left her for dead, the security guard could've saved her life.

I think for me, the bottom line is not to get so drunk that I leave my stuff - or myself - in the hall.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Convenient segue....

Weekend plans: don't get pass-out-in-the-hall drunk!

No specific plans this weekend, just looking forward to the long holiday weekend next weekend. More about that on Wednesday.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So the rules just freeze when they're at the point YOU agree with them. Right.
You've said yourself that people should not be allowed to marry animals or inanimate objects. Think the rules should freeze where YOU agree with them?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You've said yourself that people should not be allowed to marry animals or inanimate objects. Think the rules should freeze where YOU agree with them?
Try making sense and try again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,641 - 86,660 of96,093
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min woodtick57 1,033,699
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Poppo 167,532
Amy 4-18 32 min j_m_w 26
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 34 min Eric 65,113
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,188
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 47,054
Abby 4-17 1 hr Mister Tonka 44
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••