|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So why is edog going to CAnada, anyway?
His job sent him up there to train someone. Initially they told him he would go to Vancouver and then they changed it to Winnipeg. BTW I liked your description of Winnipeg as Upper North Dakota.

Given that he is from Chicago, perhaps they recruited him to run a summer hockey camp , eh? You know, someone who really knows how to puck around

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

He's training Canadians to do US jobs????
What a hypocrite!
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>His job sent him up there to train someone. Initially they told him he would go to Vancouver and then they changed it to Winnipeg. BTW I liked your description of Winnipeg as Upper North Dakota.
Given that he is from Chicago, perhaps they recruited him to run a summer hockey camp , eh? You know, someone who really knows how to puck around

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
He's training Canadians to do US jobs????
What a hypocrite!
<quoted text>
It's called globalization, son. If jobs go overseas, businesses can make a fortune and put Americans out of work. So it's a win, win!

Should be back stateside by around ten!

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Check that, flight was just delayed again. Maybe by midnight?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

No wonder you're under employed, you keep giving your job away.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called globalization, son. If jobs go overseas, businesses can make a fortune and put Americans out of work. So it's a win, win!
Should be back stateside by around ten!

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Money? Free healthcare for everyone ain't free.
The waitress said the same thing when I asked why my one beer cost nine dollars. She said one pack of cigarettes costs SEVENTEEN dollars!

This is what "free" healthcare actually costs: the price of commodities are gonna go WAY up. We really want this?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The waitress said the same thing when I asked why my one beer cost nine dollars. She said one pack of cigarettes costs SEVENTEEN dollars!
This is what "free" healthcare actually costs: the price of commodities are gonna go WAY up. We really want this?
I don't smoke but the 7-11 near my downtown parking lot has brand name cigarettes at close to $12/pack

And if you are going to order fancy imported beer, aka Bud Light, what do you expect?

Were you at the airport for those prices?

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm....

Is it the price of commodities n general? Or vices that have a negative health effect? Something along the lines of "Sure we'll pay for your healthcare, but its gonna cost you extra to be unhealthy."

how much for gallon of milk?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I don't smoke but the 7-11 near my downtown parking lot has brand name cigarettes at close to $12/pack
And if you are going to order fancy imported beer, aka Bud Light, what do you expect?
Were you at the airport for those prices?
Someone bought Newports last night (i was at a convenience store) for $6 and change. That's pretty cheap these days.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi!
Thank you.
How is your schooling going?
Done with my class. I'm supposed to go to India to work with our offshore team soon, but that has been one delay after another.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Angela I'm going to see HEart!

http://bumbershoot.org/lineup/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Angela I'm going to see HEart!
http://bumbershoot.org/lineup/
WOOO HOOO!! This is probably my favorite Heart song:

(no video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Lots of live footage of this song out there on youtube, but a lot of the quality is pretty poor. I prefer live over studio almost always, and this probably was the best live one I found:

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
WOOO HOOO!! This is probably my favorite Heart song:
(no video)
Lots of live footage of this song out there on youtube, but a lot of the quality is pretty poor. I prefer live over studio almost always, and this probably was the best live one I found:
Mine's "Magic Man" because it pretty much literally (no really I mean literally) tells the story of Chris' dad and me.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Or vices that have a negative health effect?
Hmmm.

"Vices that have a negative health effect."

Maybe we should charge 10 dollars for a bag of sugar?
Fifty dollars for a cheeseburger?
100 dollars for a dozen doughnuts?

Live your life as the government tells you to or pay outlandish prices. Ah, freedom!

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I suppose edog thinks the mom shouldn't be charged.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/police...
She should be charged with child neglect, not second degree murder. As we've all seen too many times, you OVER-charge someone, they may end up getting off entirely.
(Casey Anthony for example and I predict possibly Zimmerman, too.)

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Amy 6/28. So far Abby hasn't posted.

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TFO9O5GUEO...

Amy was too long so here's the rest.

DEAR AMY: I read your response to “A Refined Palate,” the man who couldn’t stomach eating a friend’s terrible cooking.

At last, someone had the courage to rein in a foodie. Thank you on behalf of all of us who are just regular cooks hoping to have friends over now and then.

I have been cowering in the corner as some of my erstwhile friends have become more and more “refined” to the point of being totally intolerant of ordinary home cooking.

They wax on and on about rarefied offerings at restaurants, and at home increasingly insist on particularities in water (always bottled), wine, miniature vegetables, artisanal breads, unsalted butter, flavored vinegars, flavored olive oils, baby lettuce — and that’s even before you dare to offer a main course, which had better not be red meat. Yikes.

I have become so intimidated that I no longer invite people over for dinner, knowing it must be so special. I’m now nervous of accepting dinner invitations, because I am indeed afraid of having to reciprocate and offend the tender sensibilities of people like Refined Palate.

When did fellowship, politeness and gratitude disappear in exchange for competitive dining?-- Marilyn in Illinois

DEAR MARILYN: You are one of a small handful of readers who agreed with my takedown of this oh-so-refined writer. I think I share your basic orientation. Thank you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

The dad whose 4yo shot and killed the 2yo sibling got 10 years' probation instead of the recommended (and expected) four years in prison. The judge said it was because the dad was finally accepting responsibility for leaving loaded guns lying around the house (up to eight)(before now, the dad was basically riding the "It was an accident" bus).

But along with probation, he got tons of community service, including talking to the Hmong community about gun safety.

While I think parents whose young kids find improperly-stored loaded guns and kill someone/themselves DO deserve prison (for being so stupid and careless where children are concerned), I think (and hope) that this sentence does some good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,601 - 86,620 of95,934
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,033,034
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min DDDD-25 42,915
Abby 4-16 16 min edogxxx 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min Cult of Reason 64,875
Amy 4-16 21 min ScarletandOlive 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Poppo 167,341
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr truth 46,976
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search