Topix Chitown Regulars

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#87793 Jun 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
New black girl in school, so Cartman thinks she needs to be set up with and fall in love with Token.
Ah, yes.

We were watching the one last night where Stan becomes a cynical azzh0le. All the music he once likes now sounds like someone sh1tt1ng.

Love how that show is so low brow yet smart at the same time.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87794 Jun 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
What is the logic behind that?
<quoted text>
Revenue.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87795 Jun 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I suppose edog thinks the mom shouldn't be charged.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/police...
That is super sad. And WTF -- you don't leave a 5 year old home alone.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#87796 Jun 27, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
'Sup! Glad all is going well with you!
Hi!
Thank you.
How is your schooling going?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87797 Jun 27, 2013
Ha! "Honest scientists." This is funny!

http://imgur.com/a/HMBAH

Location hidden

#87798 Jun 27, 2013
So why is edog going to CAnada, anyway?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#87799 Jun 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So why is edog going to CAnada, anyway?
His job sent him up there to train someone. Initially they told him he would go to Vancouver and then they changed it to Winnipeg. BTW I liked your description of Winnipeg as Upper North Dakota.

Given that he is from Chicago, perhaps they recruited him to run a summer hockey camp , eh? You know, someone who really knows how to puck around

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#87800 Jun 27, 2013
He's training Canadians to do US jobs????
What a hypocrite!
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>His job sent him up there to train someone. Initially they told him he would go to Vancouver and then they changed it to Winnipeg. BTW I liked your description of Winnipeg as Upper North Dakota.
Given that he is from Chicago, perhaps they recruited him to run a summer hockey camp , eh? You know, someone who really knows how to puck around

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Winnipeg, Canada

#87801 Jun 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
He's training Canadians to do US jobs????
What a hypocrite!
<quoted text>
It's called globalization, son. If jobs go overseas, businesses can make a fortune and put Americans out of work. So it's a win, win!

Should be back stateside by around ten!

“reign in blood”

Winnipeg, Canada

#87802 Jun 27, 2013
Check that, flight was just delayed again. Maybe by midnight?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#87803 Jun 27, 2013
No wonder you're under employed, you keep giving your job away.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called globalization, son. If jobs go overseas, businesses can make a fortune and put Americans out of work. So it's a win, win!
Should be back stateside by around ten!

“reign in blood”

Winnipeg, Canada

#87804 Jun 27, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Money? Free healthcare for everyone ain't free.
The waitress said the same thing when I asked why my one beer cost nine dollars. She said one pack of cigarettes costs SEVENTEEN dollars!

This is what "free" healthcare actually costs: the price of commodities are gonna go WAY up. We really want this?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#87805 Jun 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The waitress said the same thing when I asked why my one beer cost nine dollars. She said one pack of cigarettes costs SEVENTEEN dollars!
This is what "free" healthcare actually costs: the price of commodities are gonna go WAY up. We really want this?
I don't smoke but the 7-11 near my downtown parking lot has brand name cigarettes at close to $12/pack

And if you are going to order fancy imported beer, aka Bud Light, what do you expect?

Were you at the airport for those prices?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#87806 Jun 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm....

Is it the price of commodities n general? Or vices that have a negative health effect? Something along the lines of "Sure we'll pay for your healthcare, but its gonna cost you extra to be unhealthy."

how much for gallon of milk?

Location hidden

#87807 Jun 27, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I don't smoke but the 7-11 near my downtown parking lot has brand name cigarettes at close to $12/pack
And if you are going to order fancy imported beer, aka Bud Light, what do you expect?
Were you at the airport for those prices?
Someone bought Newports last night (i was at a convenience store) for $6 and change. That's pretty cheap these days.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#87808 Jun 27, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi!
Thank you.
How is your schooling going?
Done with my class. I'm supposed to go to India to work with our offshore team soon, but that has been one delay after another.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#87809 Jun 27, 2013
Angela I'm going to see HEart!

http://bumbershoot.org/lineup/

Location hidden

#87810 Jun 27, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Angela I'm going to see HEart!
http://bumbershoot.org/lineup/
WOOO HOOO!! This is probably my favorite Heart song:

(no video)

Lots of live footage of this song out there on youtube, but a lot of the quality is pretty poor. I prefer live over studio almost always, and this probably was the best live one I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#87811 Jun 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
WOOO HOOO!! This is probably my favorite Heart song:
(no video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =onIeUxcMCfwXX
Lots of live footage of this song out there on youtube, but a lot of the quality is pretty poor. I prefer live over studio almost always, and this probably was the best live one I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Mine's "Magic Man" because it pretty much literally (no really I mean literally) tells the story of Chris' dad and me.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#87812 Jun 27, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Or vices that have a negative health effect?
Hmmm.

"Vices that have a negative health effect."

Maybe we should charge 10 dollars for a bag of sugar?
Fifty dollars for a cheeseburger?
100 dollars for a dozen doughnuts?

Live your life as the government tells you to or pay outlandish prices. Ah, freedom!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,263,111
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min KK K 194,459
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 54,345
Cheap Kitchen Cabinets Door For Sale UK 1 hr drisa22 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,142
abby7-30-15 3 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Mark 52,061
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages