Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Woot! Everything's coming up Matilda this week. B-hawks win the cup, I thought I had an 8 hour class tomorrow and I don't, and my SIL is going to stay up at her fiance's parent's house for the summer. I guess they're going to attempt to get jobs up there. I'll take it. Oh, and J just paid the reservation fee or whatever for her to go to school in Tennessee this fall. Holla.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Woot! Everything's coming up Matilda this week. B-hawks win the cup, I thought I had an 8 hour class tomorrow and I don't, and my SIL is going to stay up at her fiance's parent's house for the summer. I guess they're going to attempt to get jobs up there. I'll take it. Oh, and J just paid the reservation fee or whatever for her to go to school in Tennessee this fall. Holla.
She gave up on olivet?
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
WOO HOO!!! It is your day!!! Play the lotto!!!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
She gave up on olivet?
Oh, yes. She did well academically, but didn't make any damn friends. Obviously, it was the school's fault, so she and the fiance are going to another Nazarene school. Why they think that will be any different, I don't know. At least they won't be able to come home every 3rd weekend.

I'm sure her fiance's parents are starting to loooove her. So far, she's gotten him fired from a job and they're going to a school 6 hours farther away from where he was and now they're both living at their house with no jobs. Ha!

Ha! I said. HA!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Careful, if things dont work out with him/school....You know where she will end up.

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes. She did well academically, but didn't make any damn friends. Obviously, it was the school's fault, so she and the fiance are going to another Nazarene school. Why they think that will be any different, I don't know. At least they won't be able to come home every 3rd weekend.
I'm sure her fiance's parents are starting to loooove her. So far, she's gotten him fired from a job and they're going to a school 6 hours farther away from where he was and now they're both living at their house with no jobs. Ha!
Ha! I said. HA!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Des Moines flooded (as did much of central and western Iowa) in 1993. The water plant got breached and we went three weeks with no running water in much of the county. It sucked. But not as much as being without electricity. AT least we could cook, watch TV, etc.
I've never forgotten, losing power during a hurricane, years ago...4 days without AC...in 94 degrees, with the sewer backed up......then, how elated we were when it came back on...lol...BTW, food stayed frozen in chest freezer for four days....amazing....

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

RACE wrote:
Careful, if things dont work out with him/school....You know where she will end up.
<quoted text>
Nope. We helped her through high school. She comes back home, she has a couple months to find an apartment or she can move back in with the 'rents. I'm not doing the full time fake parent thing anymore.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

4 days! That aint nuthin.
Wilma was like 20 days without power. But of course I was fully prepared, so never missed a beat.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I've never forgotten, losing power during a hurricane, years ago...4 days without AC...in 94 degrees, with the sewer backed up......then, how elated we were when it came back on...lol...BTW, food stayed frozen in chest freezer for four days....amazing....

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I said. HA!
You're cracking me up today, Matilda! I'm glad things are going your way.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Ha! I said. HA!
Ha! indeed!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Oh, AND my sister got full time at her *real* job. Works in a psych ward and she loves it. So, she's quitting her mall job and will have half her weekends free so I can see her more often.

Plus, the missionary group she was working with caught wind of how much school debt she has and told her she needs to work that down a lot before they'd even consider her. So, I'm hoping she figures out that Japan doesn't need any non-Japanese-speaking missionaries and stays state-side.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Oh, AND my sister got full time at her *real* job. Works in a psych ward and she loves it. So, she's quitting her mall job and will have half her weekends free so I can see her more often.
Plus, the missionary group she was working with caught wind of how much school debt she has and told her she needs to work that down a lot before they'd even consider her. So, I'm hoping she figures out that Japan doesn't need any non-Japanese-speaking missionaries and stays state-side.
THat's actually pretty wonderful of that group, to take such things into consideration (also, I do have to wonder whether they were looking for a way to tell her "Thanks but no thanks").

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/3011272-Choc...

My friend: "I would eat half the ingredients before they ever got into the cake!"

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

squishymama wrote:
That's great. That would be fun to do something while Google is filming their maps.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
http://www.tastebook.com/recip es/3011272-Chocolate-Wasted-Ca ke
My friend: "I would eat half the ingredients before they ever got into the cake!"
Now I'm craving chocolate cake. That looks delicious.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
THat's actually pretty wonderful of that group, to take such things into consideration (also, I do have to wonder whether they were looking for a way to tell her "Thanks but no thanks").
Well, as a missionary, you're basically relying on churches and people for money. So they want you to have everything tied up for the most part at home. I think it's pretty standard with most of the reputable organizations.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Supposed to be in Canada by now but after two delays, the flight was outright cancelled. Sat at O'Hare for five dam hours. Thanks for wasting my flipping time, United! Now to try it all over again tomorrow.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as a missionary, you're basically relying on churches and people for money. So they want you to have everything tied up for the most part at home. I think it's pretty standard with most of the reputable organizations.
"reputable" being the key word. My friend's family is full of religious people (and lots of marriages at 18/19, then pregnancy, then divorce by 21). Some are missionaries who live very high on the hog (somehow, someone donates their million dollar homes to these people to live in when they're not off doing their missionary work) but seem to do missionary work less than half the year.

My friend doesn't know how these relatives earn any money.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Hello regs!

I celebrated my birthday by pretending to be 21 and staying out super late on Friday night/Saturday morning and Saturday night/Sunday morning. Sunday - my actual birthday - and yesterday (I took a vac day from work) were pretty chill and relaxing.

Now the countdown to football season starts....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,481 - 86,500 of97,450
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Torn Sak 1,072,675
Review: Napa Auto Parts 20 min TJSR 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min LRS 173,705
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Le Jimbo 45,526
Feds Investigate “Racist” Depiction of Obama as... 1 hr Zombie Bama 1
Amy July 12 1 hr PEllen 6
A wealthy white woman feeding a black child 'li... 1 hr Woof Woof 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 3:21PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs