Comments
86,481 - 86,500 of 97,900 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87704
Jun 25, 2013
 
Matilda77 wrote:
I'm sure her fiance's parents are starting to loooove her. So far, she's gotten him fired from a job and they're going to a school 6 hours farther away from where he was and now they're both living at their house with no jobs. Ha!
Ha! I said. HA!
Ha! indeed!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87705
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh, AND my sister got full time at her *real* job. Works in a psych ward and she loves it. So, she's quitting her mall job and will have half her weekends free so I can see her more often.

Plus, the missionary group she was working with caught wind of how much school debt she has and told her she needs to work that down a lot before they'd even consider her. So, I'm hoping she figures out that Japan doesn't need any non-Japanese-speaking missionaries and stays state-side.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87706
Jun 25, 2013
 

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87707
Jun 25, 2013
 
Matilda77 wrote:
Oh, AND my sister got full time at her *real* job. Works in a psych ward and she loves it. So, she's quitting her mall job and will have half her weekends free so I can see her more often.
Plus, the missionary group she was working with caught wind of how much school debt she has and told her she needs to work that down a lot before they'd even consider her. So, I'm hoping she figures out that Japan doesn't need any non-Japanese-speaking missionaries and stays state-side.
THat's actually pretty wonderful of that group, to take such things into consideration (also, I do have to wonder whether they were looking for a way to tell her "Thanks but no thanks").

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87708
Jun 25, 2013
 
http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/3011272-Choc...

My friend: "I would eat half the ingredients before they ever got into the cake!"

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87709
Jun 25, 2013
 
squishymama wrote:
That's great. That would be fun to do something while Google is filming their maps.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87710
Jun 25, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
http://www.tastebook.com/recip es/3011272-Chocolate-Wasted-Ca ke
My friend: "I would eat half the ingredients before they ever got into the cake!"
Now I'm craving chocolate cake. That looks delicious.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87711
Jun 25, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
THat's actually pretty wonderful of that group, to take such things into consideration (also, I do have to wonder whether they were looking for a way to tell her "Thanks but no thanks").
Well, as a missionary, you're basically relying on churches and people for money. So they want you to have everything tied up for the most part at home. I think it's pretty standard with most of the reputable organizations.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87712
Jun 25, 2013
 
Supposed to be in Canada by now but after two delays, the flight was outright cancelled. Sat at O'Hare for five dam hours. Thanks for wasting my flipping time, United! Now to try it all over again tomorrow.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87713
Jun 25, 2013
 
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as a missionary, you're basically relying on churches and people for money. So they want you to have everything tied up for the most part at home. I think it's pretty standard with most of the reputable organizations.
"reputable" being the key word. My friend's family is full of religious people (and lots of marriages at 18/19, then pregnancy, then divorce by 21). Some are missionaries who live very high on the hog (somehow, someone donates their million dollar homes to these people to live in when they're not off doing their missionary work) but seem to do missionary work less than half the year.

My friend doesn't know how these relatives earn any money.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87714
Jun 25, 2013
 
Hello regs!

I celebrated my birthday by pretending to be 21 and staying out super late on Friday night/Saturday morning and Saturday night/Sunday morning. Sunday - my actual birthday - and yesterday (I took a vac day from work) were pretty chill and relaxing.

Now the countdown to football season starts....
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87715
Jun 25, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
Hello regs!
I celebrated my birthday by pretending to be 21 and staying out super late on Friday night/Saturday morning and Saturday night/Sunday morning. Sunday - my actual birthday - and yesterday (I took a vac day from work) were pretty chill and relaxing.
Now the countdown to football season starts....
Happy belated! I hope you had fun!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87716
Jun 25, 2013
 
Well, you may as well act it, you certainly look it.
j_m_w wrote:
Hello regs!
I celebrated my birthday by pretending to be 21 and staying out super late on Friday night/Saturday morning and Saturday night/Sunday morning. Sunday - my actual birthday - and yesterday (I took a vac day from work) were pretty chill and relaxing.
Now the countdown to football season starts....

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87717
Jun 25, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
"reputable" being the key word. My friend's family is full of religious people (and lots of marriages at 18/19, then pregnancy, then divorce by 21). Some are missionaries who live very high on the hog (somehow, someone donates their million dollar homes to these people to live in when they're not off doing their missionary work) but seem to do missionary work less than half the year.
My friend doesn't know how these relatives earn any money.
You don't, really, as far as I can tell. Even with the reputable organizations, I don't see how you can retire when you've made that your career. Especially since she's trying to live in the most expensive city in the world.

I don't think my sister grasps that I've been socking away money in to a 401K since I was 19 and our dad didn't just *decide* to retire when he did. We ate generic Fruit Loops and wore garage sale clothes for a reason growing up.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87718
Jun 25, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
Hello regs!
I celebrated my birthday by pretending to be 21 and staying out super late on Friday night/Saturday morning and Saturday night/Sunday morning. Sunday - my actual birthday - and yesterday (I took a vac day from work) were pretty chill and relaxing.
Now the countdown to football season starts....
Nice! I love weekend birthdays.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87719
Jun 25, 2013
 
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't, really, as far as I can tell. Even with the reputable organizations, I don't see how you can retire when you've made that your career. Especially since she's trying to live in the most expensive city in the world.
I don't think my sister grasps that I've been socking away money in to a 401K since I was 19 and our dad didn't just *decide* to retire when he did. We ate generic Fruit Loops and wore garage sale clothes for a reason growing up.
My friend's FIL just retired. In his 50s, doesn't have much money, wife works in retail. She has no clue why the dad thinks this is smart, to retire at 55 when you don't have a lot socked away (no health issues, etc.). HIs parents are cheap (go out to dinner with them and they say things like, "So, is this on you?" to their son -- ON HIS BIRTHDAY). She's worried they're going to run out of money and then expect their two sons to pony up cash (and it's not like they spent money on their kids -- they didn't).

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87720
Jun 25, 2013
 
So a couple of girls in my department got me a little bakery box of treats for my birthday. I stuck the box in the fridge here at work with a note: "Every time someone steals food, a kitten dies. Just something to think about...." Someone stuck a note below my note (typed, so I don't know who): "It's called population control. Thanks for the cake!" (They did not actually steal anything)
:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87721
Jun 25, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
So a couple of girls in my department got me a little bakery box of treats for my birthday. I stuck the box in the fridge here at work with a note: "Every time someone steals food, a kitten dies. Just something to think about...." Someone stuck a note below my note (typed, so I don't know who): "It's called population control. Thanks for the cake!" (They did not actually steal anything)
:)
Heh. That belongs at passiveaggressivenotes.com .

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87722
Jun 25, 2013
 
squishymama wrote:
Bird brains, all of them

You can tell which one is the leader though. The pecking order is clear

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87723
Jun 25, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
Hello regs!
I celebrated my birthday by pretending to be 21 and staying out super late on Friday night/Saturday morning and Saturday night/Sunday morning. Sunday - my actual birthday - and yesterday (I took a vac day from work) were pretty chill and relaxing.
Now the countdown to football season starts....
Happy birthday! Sounds like you celebrated your birthday exactly how you wanted to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min paddyomalley 1,099,330
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 min TRD 68,340
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min SpaceBlues 46,278
Abby 8/24/14 31 min RACE 13
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 44 min JOEL 68,925
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 56 min Bye Bye USA 49,420
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 177,274
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••