Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
Thanks, daghats!
Screw top wine is for trailer trash.
Well, if you consider a VP with a 6 figure income living in one of the most expensive areas in the city that has 100+ bottles of moderate to higher priced wine in a climate-controlled wine keeper, many of which are screw top, a trailer trash type, then you are absolutely correct.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
Thanks, daghats!
Went to a party yesterday! Good friends, good beer, good bud, good times!
Happy birthday, Jammer!
Your location is Braidwood, so there!

And speaking of swelling, this is for the guys.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/leaves_...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Everybody like's what they have experienced and enjoyed....no need to be ever judgemental....In Germany i had a white wine called, Piesporter....i really liked it, but rarely see it here....

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Everybody like's what they have experienced and enjoyed....no need to be ever judgemental....In Germany i had a white wine called, Piesporter....i really liked it, but rarely see it here....
i've seen this brand in the major liquor store around here - Binny's:
http://www.schmitt-soehne.com/en/schmitt-soeh...

Here's a link to Binny's piesporter selections:
http://www.binnys.com/all/piesporter#/...

A good shop if you ever make it up here (you're in FL, right?)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Edog shows his ignorance once again. The finest wines in other countries get a screw top. Including Italy and France.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

All the boxed wine I've tried has been kind of crappy, but it's 4 bottles for the price of 2-ish, so it kind of works out in the end.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
Thanks, daghats!

Went to a party yesterday! Good friends, good beer, good bud, good times!

Happy birthday, Jammer!
Thanks!

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

What a weekend! Friday and Saturday both ended up being super late nights, but lots of fun. I'm taking a vacation day from work tomorrow so I gave extra time to rest. Go Blackhawks!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Piesporter Goldtropschen? When my parents took me and my husband out for my 21st birthday ( so long ago it was before they invented....) that was the wine my dad ordered for the table. Surely So FL has some other Moselle's?It has been a long time since I drank German wines regularly but as I recall, Zeller Katz Schwartz was a serviceable cheap version.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Edog shows his ignorance once again. The finest wines in other countries get a screw top. Including Italy and France.
Dunno 'bout that. I have a couple bottles of Grand Cru in the fridge that have corks.
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno 'bout that. I have a couple bottles of Grand Cru in the fridge that have corks.
agree, most of fine wines are still corked. the screw top is slowly coming into favor outside of the US. Europe is especially slow to let go of tradition when it comes to food and drink.
Must have been good wine that caused me to fall asleep on the train one night last week and miss my stop:)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
agree, most of fine wines are still corked. the screw top is slowly coming into favor outside of the US. Europe is especially slow to let go of tradition when it comes to food and drink.
Must have been good wine that caused me to fall asleep on the train one night last week and miss my stop:)
Or listening to soothing music in the privacy of....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i've seen this brand in the major liquor store around here - Binny's:
http://www.schmitt-soehne.com/en/schmitt-soeh...
Here's a link to Binny's piesporter selections:
http://www.binnys.com/all/piesporter#/...
A good shop if you ever make it up here (you're in FL, right?)
Yeah Florida....Thanks for the source.....we have this huge place, i will try.....whereabouts are you?
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Or listening to soothing music in the privacy of....
ha

that and the fact that conducters don't come thru yelling stops like the good old days and that the speakers don't work half the time. my line is the stepchild of Metra. or that I had ear plugs on listening to soothing music. a combination of all the above

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
All the boxed wine I've tried has been kind of crappy, but it's 4 bottles for the price of 2-ish, so it kind of works out in the end.
Consumer's Report gave a high grade to the Target boxed, Pinot Grigio...we liked it, and i liked just filling the glass with the spigot....how simple....I'm not high-brow enough to know great from good...lol...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Piesporter Goldtropschen? When my parents took me and my husband out for my 21st birthday ( so long ago it was before they invented....) that was the wine my dad ordered for the table. Surely So FL has some other Moselle's?It has been a long time since I drank German wines regularly but as I recall, Zeller Katz Schwartz was a serviceable cheap version.
My first wife died recently of cancer....61...she sure gave it a fight, tho....We alway's remained great friends....Decades ago, We had the best beer, I've ever had on vacation in Koblenz, Germany....where the Rhine meets the Mosel...Three weeks in Europe with Eurail passes, and incredible experience.....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Cool!
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://lifehacker.com/make-a-d iy-reusable-ice-pack-from-an-e mpty-box-of-wine-512439695?utm _source=feedly
Wine Box bag uses

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

When I lived at home and my mom was alive, fridge space was at a premium. My dad would take the wine bag out of the box and just squeeze the bag around wherever it would fit.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
http://lifehacker.com/make-a-d iy-reusable-ice-pack-from-an-e mpty-box-of-wine-512439695?utm _source=feedly
Wine Box bag uses
I have bookmarked Life Hacker. That's neat stuff. THanks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,421 - 86,440 of97,515
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,078,845
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min LRS 174,495
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min ritedownthemiddle 45,764
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Curiosityforever 48,852
Amy 7-22 19 min Julie 14
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr danetoo 67,890
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr nuguyntwn 3,827
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE