“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#87689 Jun 25, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#87690 Jun 25, 2013
That game was literally like "Oh, well, there's always Game Seve--oh, cool, we're going to overtime--HOLY SH1T, THEY WON!"

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87691 Jun 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
That game was literally like "Oh, well, there's always Game Seve--oh, cool, we're going to overtime--HOLY SH1T, THEY WON!"
Exactly! How awesome was that? It was heart-pounding. I did not want ot, but I was hoping we'd have a chance for OT. Then, well, history!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#87692 Jun 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Totally! Very exciting finish, and I'm so glad I didn't give up and go to bed.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#87693 Jun 25, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I seem to remember that Calgary had some massive brush fires about 15-20 years ago too.
They showed their hockey stadium, flooded to the 8th row...BTW, Incredible win by the Blackhawks, Stanley Cup Champs, 2013...1:16 left 2-1 Bruins....I'm thinking, oh well...game 7 Wednesday....Bammmm....Hawks score two goals in 17 seconds and end it....Incredible.....

Location hidden

#87694 Jun 25, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally! Very exciting finish, and I'm so glad I didn't give up and go to bed.
Me too....but, sadly now is the vast sports wasteland for me.....just baseball....ZZZZZzzzzzz....... .LOL...til NFL camps....Used to alway's take my vacations in July, cause of that....

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87695 Jun 25, 2013
Woot! Everything's coming up Matilda this week. B-hawks win the cup, I thought I had an 8 hour class tomorrow and I don't, and my SIL is going to stay up at her fiance's parent's house for the summer. I guess they're going to attempt to get jobs up there. I'll take it. Oh, and J just paid the reservation fee or whatever for her to go to school in Tennessee this fall. Holla.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#87696 Jun 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Woot! Everything's coming up Matilda this week. B-hawks win the cup, I thought I had an 8 hour class tomorrow and I don't, and my SIL is going to stay up at her fiance's parent's house for the summer. I guess they're going to attempt to get jobs up there. I'll take it. Oh, and J just paid the reservation fee or whatever for her to go to school in Tennessee this fall. Holla.
She gave up on olivet?
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#87697 Jun 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
WOO HOO!!! It is your day!!! Play the lotto!!!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87698 Jun 25, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
She gave up on olivet?
Oh, yes. She did well academically, but didn't make any damn friends. Obviously, it was the school's fault, so she and the fiance are going to another Nazarene school. Why they think that will be any different, I don't know. At least they won't be able to come home every 3rd weekend.

I'm sure her fiance's parents are starting to loooove her. So far, she's gotten him fired from a job and they're going to a school 6 hours farther away from where he was and now they're both living at their house with no jobs. Ha!

Ha! I said. HA!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#87699 Jun 25, 2013
Careful, if things dont work out with him/school....You know where she will end up.

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes. She did well academically, but didn't make any damn friends. Obviously, it was the school's fault, so she and the fiance are going to another Nazarene school. Why they think that will be any different, I don't know. At least they won't be able to come home every 3rd weekend.
I'm sure her fiance's parents are starting to loooove her. So far, she's gotten him fired from a job and they're going to a school 6 hours farther away from where he was and now they're both living at their house with no jobs. Ha!
Ha! I said. HA!

Location hidden

#87700 Jun 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Des Moines flooded (as did much of central and western Iowa) in 1993. The water plant got breached and we went three weeks with no running water in much of the county. It sucked. But not as much as being without electricity. AT least we could cook, watch TV, etc.
I've never forgotten, losing power during a hurricane, years ago...4 days without AC...in 94 degrees, with the sewer backed up......then, how elated we were when it came back on...lol...BTW, food stayed frozen in chest freezer for four days....amazing....

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87701 Jun 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
Careful, if things dont work out with him/school....You know where she will end up.
<quoted text>
Nope. We helped her through high school. She comes back home, she has a couple months to find an apartment or she can move back in with the 'rents. I'm not doing the full time fake parent thing anymore.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#87702 Jun 25, 2013
4 days! That aint nuthin.
Wilma was like 20 days without power. But of course I was fully prepared, so never missed a beat.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I've never forgotten, losing power during a hurricane, years ago...4 days without AC...in 94 degrees, with the sewer backed up......then, how elated we were when it came back on...lol...BTW, food stayed frozen in chest freezer for four days....amazing....

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87703 Jun 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I said. HA!
You're cracking me up today, Matilda! I'm glad things are going your way.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87704 Jun 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Ha! I said. HA!
Ha! indeed!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87705 Jun 25, 2013
Oh, AND my sister got full time at her *real* job. Works in a psych ward and she loves it. So, she's quitting her mall job and will have half her weekends free so I can see her more often.

Plus, the missionary group she was working with caught wind of how much school debt she has and told her she needs to work that down a lot before they'd even consider her. So, I'm hoping she figures out that Japan doesn't need any non-Japanese-speaking missionaries and stays state-side.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#87706 Jun 25, 2013

Location hidden

#87707 Jun 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Oh, AND my sister got full time at her *real* job. Works in a psych ward and she loves it. So, she's quitting her mall job and will have half her weekends free so I can see her more often.
Plus, the missionary group she was working with caught wind of how much school debt she has and told her she needs to work that down a lot before they'd even consider her. So, I'm hoping she figures out that Japan doesn't need any non-Japanese-speaking missionaries and stays state-side.
THat's actually pretty wonderful of that group, to take such things into consideration (also, I do have to wonder whether they were looking for a way to tell her "Thanks but no thanks").

Location hidden

#87708 Jun 25, 2013
http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/3011272-Choc...

My friend: "I would eat half the ingredients before they ever got into the cake!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Coffee Party 189,753
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Patriot AKA Bozo 53,482
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min Bluestater 1,232,304
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr Net Workit 5,994
Amy 5-23 17 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 5-23 18 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 18 hr RICO 7,567
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]