|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
My DVR cut off the very end, but it looked like she was on the right track. Six months sober as of the airing. Her entire family got help, too, then moved to a farm in another state and she joined them after rehab. I'm thinking a new view every morning would really help out a lot.
Thank FSM one of her kids lived, to give her something to live for and fight her way back to being whole again. if she'd lost them all, she may have just ended it all afterwards.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

squishymama wrote:
I immediately thought of us when I saw this.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3845206-hav...
Wow! Just WOW! If the brides weren't the most rude, obnoxious pepole on the planet, they are close to it!

Wow!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

I don't believe for a single moment that they got cash from every other guest.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Whats worse than a bridezilla? Two bridezilla'a!
squishymama wrote:
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Just WOW! If the brides weren't the most rude, obnoxious pepole on the planet, they are close to it!
Wow!
I was FLOORED by how rude and nasty they are! And I thought that was a VERY thoughtful gift!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

RACE wrote:
Whats worse than a bridezilla? Two bridezilla'a!
<quoted text>
No doubt. I think I'm going to say only gay men can get married, no lesbians. ;)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

squishymama wrote:

Wow. I know east coast weddings tend to a bit more of a money making venture than here in flyover country, but...wow. I think I'd instantly drop contact with anyone that awful. Glad those two c-words found each other.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
Have you ever seen the moms on that young girl's cheerleading team/training show?....Brutal.....

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I was FLOORED by how rude and nasty they are! And I thought that was a VERY thoughtful gift!
As I started reading it and they described the gift with the sentiment I thought, "Oh, how sweet."

Those nasty brides!

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

squishymama wrote:
If there's ever a reason to oppose gay marriage....

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks to something I said once, my friend got life insurance on her kid (which normally isn't a wise thing to do)
Why do you think getting life insurance on your kid isn't a wise thing to do?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think getting life insurance on your kid isn't a wise thing to do?
There are two kinds of life insurance: The kind that pays only when you die, and the kind that claims to give you payout later like an investment, and that one often is presented with hyperinflated projected growth and is not guaranteed, so you could get nothing. Most reliable financial advisers say that most people don't need life insurance on their children. While there is the issue of having access to credit to pay for a funeral (which many people do have), the death rate for children is so low, it's a losing-at-the-odds game.

It's more about low likelihood that your child will die. Your money could be better invested in, say, funds for college or something similar.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Pe and others may like this: I found out recently that several big time old time Hollywood stars - women - were intellectuals in ways I never knew. For example, Hedy Lamarr!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Lamarr

Mathematically talented,[2] Lamarr and composer George Antheil invented an early technique for spread spectrum communications and frequency hopping, necessary for wireless communication from the pre-computer age to the present day.

there were others like her. I just thought that was too cool not to share.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

squishymama wrote:

Around here that's not a wedding gift, it's a shower gift. Still, that bride was completely out of line.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Hey, Florida folks: What do you pay for a good-sized orange at the grocery store?

I just paid $1.18 for one today. Key limes never get cheaper than 50 cents each, but they are usually $1 (same with regular limes).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Around here that's not a wedding gift, it's a shower gift. Still, that bride was completely out of line.
I would have liked it better if he'd put a good wine in there, maybe a set of nice plastic wine glasses, etc. Not the candy stuff.

But I have read and heard for years that in the Jersey/NY area, it's customary to give large gifts of cash at weddings. Like $200 minimum. I've never given more than $50. i can't afford to give $200. Does that even matter? Are you expected to give big e3ven if it means you eat ramen and pb&j for a month to afford it?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Reminded me of this SNL skit: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

I admit, my favorite part is the two lesbians at the end.

One of the gay guys getting married is the fiancee of Cobie Smulders (sp?) from How I Met Your Mother. he's gotten more air time int he last season and I think he's pretty good.`
The Incredible Flounder

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hey, Florida folks: What do you pay for a good-sized orange at the grocery store?
I just paid $1.18 for one today. Key limes never get cheaper than 50 cents each, but they are usually $1 (same with regular limes).
Believe it or not, about the same but usually by the bag.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>I would have liked it better if he'd put a good wine in there, maybe a set of nice plastic wine glasses, etc. Not the candy stuff.

But I have read and heard for years that in the Jersey/NY area, it's customary to give large gifts of cash at weddings. Like $200 minimum. I've never given more than $50. i can't afford to give $200. Does that even matter? Are you expected to give big e3ven if it means you eat ramen and pb&j for a month to afford it?
It is customary around here to give $150-$200 for friends as a wedding gift. Most people would rather have their friends celebrate the day with them than have them stay home because they were in a budget.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,381 - 86,400 of96,065
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 167,451
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min lily boca raton fl 1,033,040
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 3 min josphd 7,547
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min truth 47,022
Abby 4-14 8 min cheluzal 54
Amy 4-17 10 min cheluzal 18
Abby 4-17 14 min cheluzal 27
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••