Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87628 Jun 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I stil get mostly corked ones....have you tried a box, yet?....
Boxed wine is great!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#87629 Jun 22, 2013
Older daughter introduced me to Pink Martini. Saw/heard them live in Grant Park
Woo Hoo.

Younger daughter suggested Pandora and now I have found Pearl Django.

Kids are good for something after all.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#87630 Jun 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I stil get mostly corked ones....have you tried a box, yet?....
Some is not half bad. I have had surprising luck with the boxed stuff from Cost Plus World Market, but I still like it when it comes from the bottle.

We got a thing on Amazon called a Metrokane wine saver. It is a vacuum pump cork for wine bottles. I just replaced ours after 4 years. It cost around $14 plus shipping and works very well on opened unfinished bottles.

Location hidden

#87631 Jun 22, 2013
Watched sin city tonight. Second time for me first for nick. Good, interesting, well-craftd movie based on a frank miller graphic novel.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#87632 Jun 22, 2013
Had my sister and nephew over for dinner/hanging out. She brought her friend's 5 year old (asked first) who(m?) she is babysitting with her. I am so so so not into kids.//and this one was pretty well behaved.

Slurpee time!

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#87633 Jun 23, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#87634 Jun 23, 2013
Thanks, daghats!

Screw top wine is for trailer trash.

Went to a party yesterday! Good friends, good beer, good bud, good times!

Happy birthday, Jammer!

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#87635 Jun 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Thanks, daghats!
Well, if you consider a VP with a 6 figure income living in one of the most expensive areas in the city that has 100+ bottles of moderate to higher priced wine in a climate-controlled wine keeper, many of which are screw top, a trailer trash type, then you are absolutely correct.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#87636 Jun 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Thanks, daghats!
Happy birthday, Jammer!
Your location is Braidwood, so there!

And speaking of swelling, this is for the guys.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/leaves_...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#87637 Jun 23, 2013
Everybody like's what they have experienced and enjoyed....no need to be ever judgemental....In Germany i had a white wine called, Piesporter....i really liked it, but rarely see it here....

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#87638 Jun 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Everybody like's what they have experienced and enjoyed....no need to be ever judgemental....In Germany i had a white wine called, Piesporter....i really liked it, but rarely see it here....
i've seen this brand in the major liquor store around here - Binny's:
http://www.schmitt-soehne.com/en/schmitt-soeh...

Here's a link to Binny's piesporter selections:
http://www.binnys.com/all/piesporter#/...

A good shop if you ever make it up here (you're in FL, right?)

Location hidden

#87639 Jun 23, 2013
Edog shows his ignorance once again. The finest wines in other countries get a screw top. Including Italy and France.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#87640 Jun 23, 2013
All the boxed wine I've tried has been kind of crappy, but it's 4 bottles for the price of 2-ish, so it kind of works out in the end.

United States

#87641 Jun 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Thanks, daghats!

Happy birthday, Jammer!
Thanks!

United States

#87642 Jun 23, 2013
What a weekend! Friday and Saturday both ended up being super late nights, but lots of fun. I'm taking a vacation day from work tomorrow so I gave extra time to rest. Go Blackhawks!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#87643 Jun 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Piesporter Goldtropschen? When my parents took me and my husband out for my 21st birthday ( so long ago it was before they invented....) that was the wine my dad ordered for the table. Surely So FL has some other Moselle's?It has been a long time since I drank German wines regularly but as I recall, Zeller Katz Schwartz was a serviceable cheap version.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#87644 Jun 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Edog shows his ignorance once again. The finest wines in other countries get a screw top. Including Italy and France.
Dunno 'bout that. I have a couple bottles of Grand Cru in the fridge that have corks.
dahgts

Chicago, IL

#87645 Jun 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno 'bout that. I have a couple bottles of Grand Cru in the fridge that have corks.
agree, most of fine wines are still corked. the screw top is slowly coming into favor outside of the US. Europe is especially slow to let go of tradition when it comes to food and drink.
Must have been good wine that caused me to fall asleep on the train one night last week and miss my stop:)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#87646 Jun 23, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
agree, most of fine wines are still corked. the screw top is slowly coming into favor outside of the US. Europe is especially slow to let go of tradition when it comes to food and drink.
Must have been good wine that caused me to fall asleep on the train one night last week and miss my stop:)
Or listening to soothing music in the privacy of....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#87647 Jun 23, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i've seen this brand in the major liquor store around here - Binny's:
http://www.schmitt-soehne.com/en/schmitt-soeh...
Here's a link to Binny's piesporter selections:
http://www.binnys.com/all/piesporter#/...
A good shop if you ever make it up here (you're in FL, right?)
Yeah Florida....Thanks for the source.....we have this huge place, i will try.....whereabouts are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,223,233
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min zion 52,975
News 1 dead 4 injured in separate shootings across C... 15 min Tourista 2
News Police: Missing woman with brain injury may be ... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,744
Amy May 3-15 2 hr PEllen 1
abby may 3-15 2 hr PEllen 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Jacques in Orleans 187,696
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]