“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Marcus Hook, PA

#87562 Jun 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Dog-
http://travel.nytimes.com/2013/06/23/travel/3...
This is for your Vancouver trip- things to do if you are only in town 36 hours
I'm not going to Vancouver, actually. Guy who told me couldn't find his @zz with a map. I'll be in a place called Winnipeg.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87563 Jun 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to Vancouver, actually. Guy who told me couldn't find his @zz with a map. I'll be in a place called Winnipeg.
That's just northern North Dakota. THe Armpit of Canada.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87564 Jun 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Wow. Watching a new episode of Intervention. The addict is a 33 year old woman who lost 3 out of her 4 kids (12, 8, and 5) in an apartment fire 2.5 years ago. Got hooked on pain pills after she was burned trying to rescue her kids, progressed to crack.
If ever there was a reason to want to numb your brain...
I remember one episode of Flashpoint, I think it was, a woman was in prison for something related to being on drugs and neglecting her children (she was addicted to pain pills from a horrible car accident that severely injured her and killed her cop husband), and she didn't know they'd taken her daughters away and adopted them to two separate families (they basically lied to her and snuck it past her).

She kidnapped both kids and while they had to arrest her once they caught her, the cops involved were pretty torn up about it, since they didn't think it was right that her kids would be taken away forever in that situation. It was a real tear jerker.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87565 Jun 21, 2013
All the sudden it got really windy, the temperature dropped and dark clouds are coming. Think we are receiving that storm Red lived through last night.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87566 Jun 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember one episode of Flashpoint, I think it was, a woman was in prison for something related to being on drugs and neglecting her children (she was addicted to pain pills from a horrible car accident that severely injured her and killed her cop husband), and she didn't know they'd taken her daughters away and adopted them to two separate families (they basically lied to her and snuck it past her).
She kidnapped both kids and while they had to arrest her once they caught her, the cops involved were pretty torn up about it, since they didn't think it was right that her kids would be taken away forever in that situation. It was a real tear jerker.
Over-zealous prosecution.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87567 Jun 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Wow. Watching a new episode of Intervention. The addict is a 33 year old woman who lost 3 out of her 4 kids (12, 8, and 5) in an apartment fire 2.5 years ago. Got hooked on pain pills after she was burned trying to rescue her kids, progressed to crack.
If ever there was a reason to want to numb your brain...
That's really sad. That's a person who deserves whatever help people can give her.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#87568 Jun 21, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really sad. That's a person who deserves whatever help people can give her.
My DVR cut off the very end, but it looked like she was on the right track. Six months sober as of the airing. Her entire family got help, too, then moved to a farm in another state and she joined them after rehab. I'm thinking a new view every morning would really help out a lot.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#87569 Jun 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Wow. Watching a new episode of Intervention. The addict is a 33 year old woman who lost 3 out of her 4 kids (12, 8, and 5) in an apartment fire 2.5 years ago. Got hooked on pain pills after she was burned trying to rescue her kids, progressed to crack.
If ever there was a reason to want to numb your brain...
Word.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87570 Jun 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
My DVR cut off the very end, but it looked like she was on the right track. Six months sober as of the airing. Her entire family got help, too, then moved to a farm in another state and she joined them after rehab. I'm thinking a new view every morning would really help out a lot.
Good for her. I'd be more than a complete mess.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#87571 Jun 21, 2013
I immediately thought of us when I saw this.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3845206-hav...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87572 Jun 21, 2013
Thanks to something I said once, my friend got life insurance on her kid (which normally isn't a wise thing to do), enough to pay her mortgage and utilities for a year. She figures, in case she doesn't cope well and becomes a drunk sitting in the dark for a year, at least she'll have a roof over her head and a freezer for her vodka if she can't work.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87573 Jun 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
My DVR cut off the very end, but it looked like she was on the right track. Six months sober as of the airing. Her entire family got help, too, then moved to a farm in another state and she joined them after rehab. I'm thinking a new view every morning would really help out a lot.
Thank FSM one of her kids lived, to give her something to live for and fight her way back to being whole again. if she'd lost them all, she may have just ended it all afterwards.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87575 Jun 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
I immediately thought of us when I saw this.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3845206-hav...
Wow! Just WOW! If the brides weren't the most rude, obnoxious pepole on the planet, they are close to it!

Wow!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87576 Jun 21, 2013
I don't believe for a single moment that they got cash from every other guest.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#87577 Jun 21, 2013
Whats worse than a bridezilla? Two bridezilla'a!
squishymama wrote:
I immediately thought of us when I saw this.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3845206-hav...
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#87578 Jun 21, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Just WOW! If the brides weren't the most rude, obnoxious pepole on the planet, they are close to it!
Wow!
I was FLOORED by how rude and nasty they are! And I thought that was a VERY thoughtful gift!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87579 Jun 21, 2013
RACE wrote:
Whats worse than a bridezilla? Two bridezilla'a!
<quoted text>
No doubt. I think I'm going to say only gay men can get married, no lesbians. ;)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#87580 Jun 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
I immediately thought of us when I saw this.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3845206-hav...
Wow. I know east coast weddings tend to a bit more of a money making venture than here in flyover country, but...wow. I think I'd instantly drop contact with anyone that awful. Glad those two c-words found each other.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#87581 Jun 21, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Just WOW! If the brides weren't the most rude, obnoxious pepole on the planet, they are close to it!
Wow!
Have you ever seen the moms on that young girl's cheerleading team/training show?....Brutal.....

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87582 Jun 21, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I was FLOORED by how rude and nasty they are! And I thought that was a VERY thoughtful gift!
As I started reading it and they described the gift with the sentiment I thought, "Oh, how sweet."

Those nasty brides!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,110,150
Amy 9-18 8 min edogxxx 10
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,476
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,652
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 29 min LieutenantGov 4,030
Abby 9-18 54 min Sublime1 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min Breams 178,041
Amy 9-16 12 hr Zap Brannigan 55
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••