Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>My friends have a puggle puppy. Ridiculously cute.

I'm not sure I could go with anything besides bulldogs after having Frenchies. They like to sleep as much as I do.
They are adorable, but all of the ones that I have known had the worst traits of both breeds. My brother's was so untrainable that he finally had to find a new home for him (several reputable trainers all tried to work with him and they all recommended that the dog go to a home with no children because he was so strong-willed).

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>That assumes it will be from the same father. Since she had to hurry up and remember to get divorced from the husband she was married to when she got pregnant with this one, that is an open question.
The divorce was finalized just this month, I think!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

I like this idea. It's too late for me, but I hope they can get a product to market.

http://www.today.com/moms/stroller-skateboard... #

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

squishymama wrote:
I like this idea. It's too late for me, but I hope they can get a product to market.

http://www.today.com/moms/stroller-skateboard... #
That looks so fun!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Dog-
http://travel.nytimes.com/2013/06/23/travel/3...

This is for your Vancouver trip- things to do if you are only in town 36 hours

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Dog-
I have been lucky enough, to have circled the globe, but Vancouver and Victoria are something special....And, the asian-fusion cuisine is fabulous......wish our State Department had been smart enough, years ago....to have recruited the rich chinese outta Hong Kong, before the changeover......

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I have been lucky enough, to have circled the globe, but Vancouver and Victoria are something special....And, the asian-fusion cuisine is fabulous......wish our State Department had been smart enough, years ago....to have recruited the rich chinese outta Hong Kong, before the changeover......
But Canada and Hong Kong were both in the Commonwealth so that made it easier to emigrate.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>But Canada and Hong Kong were both in the Commonwealth so that made it easier to emigrate.
But i live in south florida now....and while that was happening, we were taking haitians with AID's.....not as good, a deal, eh?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Wow. Watching a new episode of Intervention. The addict is a 33 year old woman who lost 3 out of her 4 kids (12, 8, and 5) in an apartment fire 2.5 years ago. Got hooked on pain pills after she was burned trying to rescue her kids, progressed to crack.

If ever there was a reason to want to numb your brain...

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Dog-
I'm not going to Vancouver, actually. Guy who told me couldn't find his @zz with a map. I'll be in a place called Winnipeg.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to Vancouver, actually. Guy who told me couldn't find his @zz with a map. I'll be in a place called Winnipeg.
That's just northern North Dakota. THe Armpit of Canada.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Wow. Watching a new episode of Intervention. The addict is a 33 year old woman who lost 3 out of her 4 kids (12, 8, and 5) in an apartment fire 2.5 years ago. Got hooked on pain pills after she was burned trying to rescue her kids, progressed to crack.
I remember one episode of Flashpoint, I think it was, a woman was in prison for something related to being on drugs and neglecting her children (she was addicted to pain pills from a horrible car accident that severely injured her and killed her cop husband), and she didn't know they'd taken her daughters away and adopted them to two separate families (they basically lied to her and snuck it past her).

She kidnapped both kids and while they had to arrest her once they caught her, the cops involved were pretty torn up about it, since they didn't think it was right that her kids would be taken away forever in that situation. It was a real tear jerker.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

All the sudden it got really windy, the temperature dropped and dark clouds are coming. Think we are receiving that storm Red lived through last night.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember one episode of Flashpoint, I think it was, a woman was in prison for something related to being on drugs and neglecting her children (she was addicted to pain pills from a horrible car accident that severely injured her and killed her cop husband), and she didn't know they'd taken her daughters away and adopted them to two separate families (they basically lied to her and snuck it past her).
She kidnapped both kids and while they had to arrest her once they caught her, the cops involved were pretty torn up about it, since they didn't think it was right that her kids would be taken away forever in that situation. It was a real tear jerker.
Over-zealous prosecution.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
That's really sad. That's a person who deserves whatever help people can give her.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really sad. That's a person who deserves whatever help people can give her.
My DVR cut off the very end, but it looked like she was on the right track. Six months sober as of the airing. Her entire family got help, too, then moved to a farm in another state and she joined them after rehab. I'm thinking a new view every morning would really help out a lot.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Word.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
My DVR cut off the very end, but it looked like she was on the right track. Six months sober as of the airing. Her entire family got help, too, then moved to a farm in another state and she joined them after rehab. I'm thinking a new view every morning would really help out a lot.
Good for her. I'd be more than a complete mess.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

I immediately thought of us when I saw this.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3845206-hav...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Thanks to something I said once, my friend got life insurance on her kid (which normally isn't a wise thing to do), enough to pay her mortgage and utilities for a year. She figures, in case she doesn't cope well and becomes a drunk sitting in the dark for a year, at least she'll have a roof over her head and a freezer for her vodka if she can't work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,341 - 86,360 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min shinningelectr0n 1,073,280
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 2 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,782
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Norton 48,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr No Warming 45,601
This is a great ad. 5 hr Harold B Alls 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr voice of peace 67,553
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••