Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
Thanks! I have saved this off for next time. Its quite similar to how I cook braised short ribs.
And you are correct about the cooking time, that was probably the problem.
<quoted text>
You're welcome. Keep in mind like I said I never really measure stuff. I just kinda "know." So you know, adjust for personal preferences. The meat is a big deal though. You don't want anything that can't stand up to the long cooking time, and you need the time for it to meld well, and nothing *too* lean, but not like chuck roast. Short ribs would probably be excellent, but I would trim the fat a bit because IME they tend to be kinda fatty and there's a lot more greasy-ness than I think would be good.

Oh, and I had to make this about 1000 (ok more like 50) before I really got a feel for it. Now, I can do it in my sleep. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>What is crystal sauce?
http://www.crystalhotsauce.com

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Russell Brand is awesome (long, but safe for work)

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/...
I fully intend to work "shaft grasper" in to my regular lexicon of insults.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Russell Brand is awesome (long, but safe for work)
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/...
I heart Russell Brand.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Ah thanks.Around here that would be Frank's.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

So the "bride" called me yesterday to tell me about the wedding cancellation, and it was really tough to fake the surprise. Her little speech was very rehearsed and gave no explanation, just that the daughter was fine with it (like it was somehow up to her?) and I didn't press her for details because I was at work.

Then last night my youngest step-sis (who appreantly hasn't gotten the call yet) called my husband (who answered the phone because he didn't know it was her) and started in on him about why she didn't know about the wedding being cancelled (and I'm not sure how she even knew about it). He got so irritated at being blamed for not telling her (and made it clear that it was NOT his place to tell her) that he basically told her the truth (as we know it) about the "real" reason the wedding is off even though we were told not to tell anyone because we were not supposed to know. He told me later that he is done with the BS and that he is going to insist that everyone knock it off with the secrets.

At first I was a little pissed, because I told him that we weren't supposed to know anything, but then I realized that he might be the perfect person to call BS on all this. He has absolutely nothing to lose here and could care less if he's "in trouble" with either of these step-sisters.

So now I'm just waiting for one of them, or all three of them, to call and start b!tching at me for spilling the beans. I think I'm going to follow my husband's lead though, and insist that we all get told the truth and hear from *everybody*. We will also not be attending functions when my eldest step-sis will be there and will not play along with the "nothing's wrong here" script that she is trying to force on us.

I have the bad feeling that things are going to get ugly in the near future...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

squishymama wrote:
So the "bride" called me yesterday to tell me about the wedding cancellation, and it was really tough to fake the surprise. Her little speech was very rehearsed and gave no explanation, just that the daughter was fine with it (like it was somehow up to her?) and I didn't press her for details because I was at work.
Then last night my youngest step-sis (who appreantly hasn't gotten the call yet) called my husband (who answered the phone because he didn't know it was her) and started in on him about why she didn't know about the wedding being cancelled (and I'm not sure how she even knew about it). He got so irritated at being blamed for not telling her (and made it clear that it was NOT his place to tell her) that he basically told her the truth (as we know it) about the "real" reason the wedding is off even though we were told not to tell anyone because we were not supposed to know. He told me later that he is done with the BS and that he is going to insist that everyone knock it off with the secrets.
At first I was a little pissed, because I told him that we weren't supposed to know anything, but then I realized that he might be the perfect person to call BS on all this. He has absolutely nothing to lose here and could care less if he's "in trouble" with either of these step-sisters.
So now I'm just waiting for one of them, or all three of them, to call and start b!tching at me for spilling the beans. I think I'm going to follow my husband's lead though, and insist that we all get told the truth and hear from *everybody*. We will also not be attending functions when my eldest step-sis will be there and will not play along with the "nothing's wrong here" script that she is trying to force on us.
I really recommend that someone get your niece out of there for a while and , if at all possible, find out from her if the former fiancee was just drunk and stupid or if he tried something.

You have my sympathies BTW

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Wow. I think you're right. It's about to get REAL interesting. I don't blame either of you and I think it's a good call on both you and your husband's part. Otherwise all this crap will be just below the surface anyways. Get it out in the open. Go through it once and be done with it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Idiot messes with a mom of 6 and she runs the s.o.b. over!

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/06/19/texas-mom...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Dickie is awesome.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Idiot messes with a mom of 6 and she runs the s.o.b. over!
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/06/19/texas-mom...
She's my hero!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
I don't always let the dogs out at night in my underwear, but when I do, my next door neighbors are having a party on their deck.
Stay thirsty, my friends.
Ha!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Dickie is awesome.
Yes, yes he is.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Today has been surprisingly sucky and busy. And I look cute today, what a waste.

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Ah thanks.Around here that would be Frank's.
I just looked in the refrigerator. We have Crystal sauce, red and green Tabasco, Sricha (sp?), Franks, and Tapatio, plus sweet chili sauce. Have I mentioned that I don't like hot-spicy? smh Not sure where they all came from.

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
I think that if you can do this, just call BS on all of it and refuse to be party to it anymore, it is going to be for the best. It will probably suck for a while, and you will have family all blaming you as if it's somehow your fault (just extrapolating there from my own family dynamic) but in the end, it is so much more genuine and less stress for you.

When my sister was 19 she was getting married. I went to help with the decorating and stuff for the reception in the community center in the trailer park where they all lived (for real). Her fiancÚ was there too and I had the audacity to say "you look tired." SOMEHOW this was me being snarky and insinuating that he'd been up for a week (he had) doing meth.

Swear to god all I meant was he looked tired and even if I'd been thinking that (I wasn't) I would never be all judge-y about it anyway. I got un-invited to the next day wedding on the spot. That was fine because my sister, who had also been up speeding for a week hit me in the face, broke my glasses, and I was still bleeding from a cut by my eye when I got home. But you know, it was my fault. Never really felt like I missed anything. They were divorced within the year.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

I think by dropping out of the secret keeping and vowing to speak only truth or staying quiet, you teach the younger generation that you are someone they can rely on to be honest with them.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:

I don't always let the dogs out at night in my underwear, but when I do, my next door neighbors are having a party on their deck.
Stay thirsty, my friends.

I do love this, too. I couldn't get back to the original post.

I'll think about this as I sit on my deck tonight.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

I read about this online a few days ago: one part listerine + one part vinegar + 2 parts warm water = soak your feet in it for 15-30 minutes and the callouses/dead skin sloughs off easily.

I may try this when all I'm doing is sitting on my butt at the computer or watching TV.

But the person pointed out to not make the solution stronger with more listerine or more vinegar, or it may be too strong and you'll feel the burn.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Dickie is awesome.
Yes, and what Toj said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,201 - 86,220 of97,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Stuart Cudahy 45,764
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,078,387
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min truth 48,841
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min TRD 67,862
Abby 7-23 15 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-23 17 min edogxxx 1
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 26 min hands on AR 5
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 3:16AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating