Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87419 Jun 19, 2013
squishymama wrote:
So the "bride" called me yesterday to tell me about the wedding cancellation, and it was really tough to fake the surprise. Her little speech was very rehearsed and gave no explanation, just that the daughter was fine with it (like it was somehow up to her?) and I didn't press her for details because I was at work.
Then last night my youngest step-sis (who appreantly hasn't gotten the call yet) called my husband (who answered the phone because he didn't know it was her) and started in on him about why she didn't know about the wedding being cancelled (and I'm not sure how she even knew about it). He got so irritated at being blamed for not telling her (and made it clear that it was NOT his place to tell her) that he basically told her the truth (as we know it) about the "real" reason the wedding is off even though we were told not to tell anyone because we were not supposed to know. He told me later that he is done with the BS and that he is going to insist that everyone knock it off with the secrets.
At first I was a little pissed, because I told him that we weren't supposed to know anything, but then I realized that he might be the perfect person to call BS on all this. He has absolutely nothing to lose here and could care less if he's "in trouble" with either of these step-sisters.
So now I'm just waiting for one of them, or all three of them, to call and start b!tching at me for spilling the beans. I think I'm going to follow my husband's lead though, and insist that we all get told the truth and hear from *everybody*. We will also not be attending functions when my eldest step-sis will be there and will not play along with the "nothing's wrong here" script that she is trying to force on us.
I have the bad feeling that things are going to get ugly in the near future...
Wow. I think you're right. It's about to get REAL interesting. I don't blame either of you and I think it's a good call on both you and your husband's part. Otherwise all this crap will be just below the surface anyways. Get it out in the open. Go through it once and be done with it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87420 Jun 19, 2013
Idiot messes with a mom of 6 and she runs the s.o.b. over!

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/06/19/texas-mom...

Location hidden

#87421 Jun 19, 2013
Dickie is awesome.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#87422 Jun 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Idiot messes with a mom of 6 and she runs the s.o.b. over!
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/06/19/texas-mom...
She's my hero!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#87423 Jun 19, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I don't always let the dogs out at night in my underwear, but when I do, my next door neighbors are having a party on their deck.
Stay thirsty, my friends.
Ha!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#87424 Jun 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Dickie is awesome.
Yes, yes he is.

Miami, FL

#87425 Jun 19, 2013
Today has been surprisingly sucky and busy. And I look cute today, what a waste.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#87426 Jun 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Ah thanks.Around here that would be Frank's.
I just looked in the refrigerator. We have Crystal sauce, red and green Tabasco, Sricha (sp?), Franks, and Tapatio, plus sweet chili sauce. Have I mentioned that I don't like hot-spicy? smh Not sure where they all came from.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#87427 Jun 19, 2013
squishymama wrote:
So the "bride" called me yesterday to tell me about the wedding cancellation, and it was really tough to fake the surprise. Her little speech was very rehearsed and gave no explanation, just that the daughter was fine with it (like it was somehow up to her?) and I didn't press her for details because I was at work.
Then last night my youngest step-sis (who appreantly hasn't gotten the call yet) called my husband (who answered the phone because he didn't know it was her) and started in on him about why she didn't know about the wedding being cancelled (and I'm not sure how she even knew about it). He got so irritated at being blamed for not telling her (and made it clear that it was NOT his place to tell her) that he basically told her the truth (as we know it) about the "real" reason the wedding is off even though we were told not to tell anyone because we were not supposed to know. He told me later that he is done with the BS and that he is going to insist that everyone knock it off with the secrets.
At first I was a little pissed, because I told him that we weren't supposed to know anything, but then I realized that he might be the perfect person to call BS on all this. He has absolutely nothing to lose here and could care less if he's "in trouble" with either of these step-sisters.
So now I'm just waiting for one of them, or all three of them, to call and start b!tching at me for spilling the beans. I think I'm going to follow my husband's lead though, and insist that we all get told the truth and hear from *everybody*. We will also not be attending functions when my eldest step-sis will be there and will not play along with the "nothing's wrong here" script that she is trying to force on us.
I have the bad feeling that things are going to get ugly in the near future...
I think that if you can do this, just call BS on all of it and refuse to be party to it anymore, it is going to be for the best. It will probably suck for a while, and you will have family all blaming you as if it's somehow your fault (just extrapolating there from my own family dynamic) but in the end, it is so much more genuine and less stress for you.

When my sister was 19 she was getting married. I went to help with the decorating and stuff for the reception in the community center in the trailer park where they all lived (for real). Her fiancÚ was there too and I had the audacity to say "you look tired." SOMEHOW this was me being snarky and insinuating that he'd been up for a week (he had) doing meth.

Swear to god all I meant was he looked tired and even if I'd been thinking that (I wasn't) I would never be all judge-y about it anyway. I got un-invited to the next day wedding on the spot. That was fine because my sister, who had also been up speeding for a week hit me in the face, broke my glasses, and I was still bleeding from a cut by my eye when I got home. But you know, it was my fault. Never really felt like I missed anything. They were divorced within the year.

Location hidden

#87428 Jun 19, 2013
I think by dropping out of the secret keeping and vowing to speak only truth or staying quiet, you teach the younger generation that you are someone they can rely on to be honest with them.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#87429 Jun 19, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:

I don't always let the dogs out at night in my underwear, but when I do, my next door neighbors are having a party on their deck.

I do love this, too. I couldn't get back to the original post.

I'll think about this as I sit on my deck tonight.

Location hidden

#87430 Jun 19, 2013
I read about this online a few days ago: one part listerine + one part vinegar + 2 parts warm water = soak your feet in it for 15-30 minutes and the callouses/dead skin sloughs off easily.

I may try this when all I'm doing is sitting on my butt at the computer or watching TV.

But the person pointed out to not make the solution stronger with more listerine or more vinegar, or it may be too strong and you'll feel the burn.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87431 Jun 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Dickie is awesome.
Yes, and what Toj said.

Location hidden

#87432 Jun 19, 2013
I can picture Dickie (and I don't even know what he looks like), shaking his head and muttering, "Bitches be crazy."

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#87433 Jun 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I read about this online a few days ago: one part listerine + one part vinegar + 2 parts warm water = soak your feet in it for 15-30 minutes and the callouses/dead skin sloughs off easily.
I may try this when all I'm doing is sitting on my butt at the computer or watching TV.
But the person pointed out to not make the solution stronger with more listerine or more vinegar, or it may be too strong and you'll feel the burn.
Let me know how it works.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#87434 Jun 19, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
So by "underwear", are we talking see thru nighty? Bra and thong? Questions must be answered.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#87435 Jun 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I can picture Dickie (and I don't even know what he looks like), shaking his head and muttering, "Bitches be crazy."
Ha! That's about right.

Thanks everyone for the support; I'm an only child at heart (I acquired the steps at 13) so I'm often at a loss as to how to deal with this sh!t.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#87436 Jun 19, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Today has been surprisingly sucky and busy. And I look cute today, what a waste.
You look cute everyday, darlin.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87437 Jun 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So by "underwear", are we talking see thru nighty? Bra and thong? Questions must be answered.
That is between me and the neighbors. Or is that 'the neighbors and I'?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#87438 Jun 19, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
That is between me and the neighbors. Or is that 'the neighbors and I'?
"The neighbors and me," actually. But seriously, send me a photo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,154,169
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Fair Game 49,226
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 40 min Culture Auditor 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 181,844
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 1 hr WOW 16
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,064
abby 12-21 3 hr PEllen 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]