Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Holy crap. This is what passes for a model today?
http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/celebrity-belly-c...
Who the f is this?
GOogle her at google images and she's much prettier.

MANY models aren't so great looking until they've had full makeup and air brushing. I have friends who've been in the modeling biz (photographer and makeup artist) for 20+ years and the before and after shots can be shocking.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Do these people ask you this because of your sex or your position?

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OH MY FREAKING GOD.
I've had three people come to me asking what's wrong with the coffee maker.(I don't know and I don't care, frankly.) After the first person said that he thought there was no power to the coffee machines (we are having major renovations so sometimes we lose power for a short time while they do work), so I got up to check.
IT's just that no coffee drinker had yet bothered to TURN ON THE MACHINES and MAKE COFFEE.
So when 2nd and 3rd person came to me, I said "You drink coffee, figure it out." Are you freaking kidding me? THe machine obviously is set to "off" and you think the power is out? And you're a retired air force pilot and now electrical engineer of many years?
No. I'm not helping you figure out the coffee machine.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are beautiful!
One of my cousins (couple times removed) lives in Liverpool and has been taking old pictures of the city and contrasting or blending them with modern pictures of the same location. I love the way architecture in the UK is such a blend of the various time periods. For those of you on FB who are interested, the link to all the pictures is at the end of this article.
http://www.danielklongman.com/a-new-wave-of-l...
I LOVE this stuff! Thank you for sharing! I just love when people do this. I've seen this with downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and it's so cool to see how different -- and the same -- some things are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a horrible picture of her. She was in the last Transformers movie (replaces Megan Fox). She is super hot.
Yeah, that's a pretty horrible picture of her. The google images search showed that she can look not only beautiful, but interesting looking (maybe it's her nose -- I do like an interesting nose).

Heh my numbers are 6669

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's a pretty horrible picture of her. The google images search showed that she can look not only beautiful, but interesting looking (maybe it's her nose -- I do like an interesting nose).
Heh my numbers are 6669
To pick, or just to look at?....lol...sorry.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a horrible picture of her. She was in the last Transformers movie (replaces Megan Fox). She is super hot.
Yeah, like we would'nt wanna.....well.......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

RACE wrote:
Do these people ask you this because of your sex or your position?
<quoted text>
THey ask mainly because they like to act helpless/"I don't know how it works" when they don't want to deal with it. Coffee makers, copy machines (really? You don't know how to send a fax? There are instructions right there in front of your face that I typed up just for people like you. Don't stand there and sigh loudly in hopes I'll walk you through it for a fourth time.)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
GOogle her at google images and she's much prettier.
MANY models aren't so great looking until they've had full makeup and air brushing. I have friends who've been in the modeling biz (photographer and makeup artist) for 20+ years and the before and after shots can be shocking.
Like Chloe Sevengy (sp?). I do not understand how she got to be a model. And terrible taste in clothes to boot.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/TTR0TGT6OKVAPDCU3#lastPos t
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/TNKREU57UCTPG3RD9#lastPos t

abby
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Wow - I've missed A LOT!!! Holy cow!!!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OH MY FREAKING GOD.
I've had three people come to me asking what's wrong with the coffee maker.(I don't know and I don't care, frankly.) After the first person said that he thought there was no power to the coffee machines (we are having major renovations so sometimes we lose power for a short time while they do work), so I got up to check.
IT's just that no coffee drinker had yet bothered to TURN ON THE MACHINES and MAKE COFFEE.
So when 2nd and 3rd person came to me, I said "You drink coffee, figure it out." Are you freaking kidding me? THe machine obviously is set to "off" and you think the power is out? And you're a retired air force pilot and now electrical engineer of many years?
No. I'm not helping you figure out the coffee machine.
People aren't too bright at your place, are they?:)

Thank goodness they have you!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are beautiful!
One of my cousins (couple times removed) lives in Liverpool and has been taking old pictures of the city and contrasting or blending them with modern pictures of the same location. I love the way architecture in the UK is such a blend of the various time periods. For those of you on FB who are interested, the link to all the pictures is at the end of this article.
http://www.danielklongman.com/a-new-wave-of-l...
That is so cool -- the one that he's holding up the pic and it blends with the modern background.

Very artistic eye.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

So the Blackhawks are letting us down so far. :(

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Probalbny most people believe that Hoffa is either buried somewhere or his body burned in acid.

Do we really have to spend money to find him at this point? Would there be any benefit in finding his body?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/18/us/michigan-hof...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Toj wrote:
So the Blackhawks are letting us down so far.:(
Yeah, what a crappy game.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Toj wrote:
So the Blackhawks are letting us down so far.:(
I know! And every time they lose, I lose another bet.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

On the bright side, Matilda and jmw, the last two games have been shorter and I'm getting my rest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
People aren't too bright at your place, are they?:)
Thank goodness they have you!
Aw, thanks. ;)

It just was aggravating. These very smart people act so helpless because they want someone else to do something for them. If a partner asks me "can you fax/scan/copy this for me?" I say "sure!" and I do it. But when a partner stands at the machine and sighs loudly, I put phasers on "ignore."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
Probalbny most people believe that Hoffa is either buried somewhere or his body burned in acid.
Do we really have to spend money to find him at this point? Would there be any benefit in finding his body?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/18/us/michigan-hof...
And even if they found him, I doubt there'd be any physical evidence that would lead them to prosecuting somebody, so it does seem like a waste of money. Let his family fund the sear h.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,141 - 86,160 of97,438
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min PDUPONT 1,072,428
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,646
NRA mouthpiece Wayne LaPierre quiet 1 hr joey 31
Bloomberg Calls Colorado a “Rural and Roadless”... 1 hr joey 2
Stop Blaming Chicago Police 3 hr joey 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Midlothian Composer 3,817
Beach Towel Racism 4 hr needs another read 30
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••