Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Toj wrote:
Cool pictures (if you like history, architecture and stuff).
http://photosilke.blogspot.co.at/2013/03/hist...
I have been to a number of those places, not just the ones in Chicago. he pictures are from 1900-1910 or so. I rember some of teh places from the early 60's and later. The Steel Pier in NJ was teh subject of a musical. The copper tailings from Houghton in the UP are still there as is /was the lighthouse at Charlevoix. It is a bit disconcerting to see how new and spruced up some of the boats and canopies are. The "happy" black family: the older woman would have been most likely born a slave.

Thanks.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Very short video:

Stillwater is a *Very* nice town 20 min. east of the Twin Cities. Nick is from there. Jessica Lange lived there while her kids were in school.

Old lady with rollers in her hair is busted stealing a very large, very heavy planter from a brewery:

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_234779...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Those photos were very cool. I copied one out from Pennsylvania -- the one with a big rock hanging over the road and railroad tracks -- and sent it to a work friend who's from PA. He szaid he knows the location well, has relatives who live 10 minutes from there, said that pic made his day and he was forwarding it on to his aunt and dad!:)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

I love historic old pictures, too!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Heh the comments to the article about the plant stealer are hilarious,m but you have to be able to access facebook to read them (luckily, a friend pasted them into an email for me). Like:

"Hope she shit her pants when she lifted it up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

bored? This week's dear prudence (remembe,r she gets the WEIRDOS) live chat:

http://live.washingtonpost.com/dear-prudence-...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Squishy- is it the 16 year old who is on a mission trip? Has anyone asked her if anything happened?Does she know what her mother is saying?
And , may I say, wow!
Yes, my 16 yo niece was on the mission trip and she just got back on Saturday afternoon. I don't know if anyone has talked to her, perhaps my middle step-sis (whom I think I will in the future refer to her as my good step-sister) will try today. If she can't get through (because her mother is running defense) I suspect she will call my niece's other aunt (bio-dad's sister) and see if she can make any sense out of what's happening.

And even if I felt I was close enough to talk to her about this, I'm not supposed to know about any of it.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

WhoIs_JohnGalt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, squishy, that's so terribly alarming. And the worst part is that there is nothing that you can do about it. I just was reading Wayne And Tamara right before I saw your post - and their column this week was how impossible it is to break people out of horrible relationships until they are ready.
So all you can do is protect yourself (or possibly the minor child - but all you have is hearsay - so you probably couldn't even help there)
Yup, it's a bad situation all around.

I think the best way I can help is to be there for my good step-sis; she's the one that will wade in and try and help and in the process get dumped on by everybody.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That tells me that they weren't all that interested in getting married, then, because you can get married for the cost of the license application. Judge's chambers = free wedding ceremony.
That's nonsense. By that line of thinking anyone who does not run down to the courthouse to get hitched and instead chooses to save money until they can afford to have the wedding/reception they want is not all that interested in getting married.

Just because you want the big show does not men that's the only thing you care about. It does not have to be one or the other

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

I feel like it's my birthday. Scrounging around in the fridge for dinner and there's still leftover deep dish from Friday night. Two teenagers in my house all weekend and that didn't disappear?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That's nonsense. By that line of thinking anyone who does not run down to the courthouse to get hitched and instead chooses to save money until they can afford to have the wedding/reception they want is not all that interested in getting married.
Just because you want the big show does not men that's the only thing you care about. It does not have to be one or the other
but in their case, they're a long ways off from being able to afford even a simple party. They aren't doing anything to save any money for it. With working adults out of school, you could say "well, we can't afford that party now but in a year we could." So the light's at the end of the tunnel.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
but in their case, they're a long ways off from being able to afford even a simple party. They aren't doing anything to save any money for it. With working adults out of school, you could say "well, we can't afford that party now but in a year we could." So the light's at the end of the tunnel.
I still don't see how this is an indictment that they really don't want to get married. Just tells me that they have not thought the logistics thru the rude awakening of finance is hitting them. You're talking about a girl who would lose licenses and ipods in her own room. She's does not seem very planning or detail oriented, but I don't see how that should bring her intentions into question. That he does not already have some sort of plan in place to save for it is pretty in line with how I see kids that age, ie: not very goal driven and hoping for things to "just work out in the end".

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/tsa-officer-...

Is this really newsworthy? I mean really? Princess is "furious" over a comment about her clothes? And dad is going along with it? I like one of the comments.

"i can see y dad is upset......somebody else is doing his job!"

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Holy crap. This is what passes for a model today?

http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/celebrity-belly-c...

Who the f is this?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Toj wrote:
Cool pictures (if you like history, architecture and stuff).

http://photosilke.blogspot.co.at/2013/03/hist...
Those are beautiful!

One of my cousins (couple times removed) lives in Liverpool and has been taking old pictures of the city and contrasting or blending them with modern pictures of the same location. I love the way architecture in the UK is such a blend of the various time periods. For those of you on FB who are interested, the link to all the pictures is at the end of this article.

http://www.danielklongman.com/a-new-wave-of-l...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

OH MY FREAKING GOD.

I've had three people come to me asking what's wrong with the coffee maker.(I don't know and I don't care, frankly.) After the first person said that he thought there was no power to the coffee machines (we are having major renovations so sometimes we lose power for a short time while they do work), so I got up to check.

IT's just that no coffee drinker had yet bothered to TURN ON THE MACHINES and MAKE COFFEE.

So when 2nd and 3rd person came to me, I said "You drink coffee, figure it out." Are you freaking kidding me? THe machine obviously is set to "off" and you think the power is out? And you're a retired air force pilot and now electrical engineer of many years?

No. I'm not helping you figure out the coffee machine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenti ng/tsa-officer-shames-teen-for -wearing-leggings--dad-s-got-t his--192409505.html
Is this really newsworthy? I mean really? Princess is "furious" over a comment about her clothes? And dad is going along with it? I like one of the comments.
"i can see y dad is upset......somebody else is doing his job!"
Sigh. I've been on planes with groups of teenagers flying. THey dress in ways that are completely inappropriate for being out in public. If I wanted to see belly ring + ass crack, I'd visit your mom at the strip joint.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

I liked this comment: "He made me feel like a #$%$."......but your clothes don't?....your dad should have told you the same thing the NSA agent said before you left home.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:

Who the f is this?
That is a horrible picture of her. She was in the last Transformers movie (replaces Megan Fox). She is super hot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Who the f is this?
GOogle her at google images and she's much prettier.

MANY models aren't so great looking until they've had full makeup and air brushing. I have friends who've been in the modeling biz (photographer and makeup artist) for 20+ years and the before and after shots can be shocking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,079,073
Amy 7-24 41 min RACE 2
Abby 7-24 53 min RACE 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 55 min truth 48,867
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min voice of peace 67,899
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr KrisChristie 1,856
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,368
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 174,513
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••