“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#87385 Jun 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I want to win the lottery so I can have daily massages.
I want to win the lottery so i don't have to do what i have to do for a living... we're not greedy, a 6-digit win would be fine; that would pay off a mortgage or sock some away for retirement (early or not), and buy us some time to find that "if you like what yuo do you wont' work a day in your life" job...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#87386 Jun 18, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>I want to win the lottery so i don't have to do what i have to do for a living... we're not greedy, a 6-digit win would be fine; that would pay off a mortgage or sock some away for retirement (early or not), and buy us some time to find that "if you like what yuo do you wont' work a day in your life" job...
I'm greedy; I'll take the big 'un.

Was talking to my dad about his retirement the other day. He was saying how he didn't understand the people that didn't want to retire and were freaked out about being bored or losing their purpose in life. He does not have that problem, and I am pretty sure I wouldn't either.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87387 Jun 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm getting a massage at work tomorrow at 3:15 or something. Can't remember the exact time -- have it in my Outlook. They try to be all "we take care of our people" when the summers are in. All this good crap stops in August when they go back to law school and we go back to practically slave status (not meaning to demean any decedents of slaves). Hey, bonus for me during the summer!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#87388 Jun 18, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I make it all the time. You can really really really cut down the work if you keep in mind that it's at its core...a stew.
You don't have to use the little pearl onions unless you just want to. I just use regular sweet onions (Maui, Walla Walla, Vidalia, whatever) diced up kinda medium sized and pre-sliced mushrooms. Get some carrots, trim the tops (peel if you want to, I do) potatoes, and some thyme and wine. I use those itty bitty potatoes that you don't even have to peel.
I get carrots in the bunch with the tops and don't even cut them into chunks, jut peel and cut the tops, but you can do that if you want to. I can normally have this in the oven ready to go in 20 mins. Cook (raw meat) 2.5 hours and voila...dinner.
The meat is already cooked so all you really have to do is throw the carrots and potatoes in a pot with the meat, thyme, and wine and let it cook for about an hour. Brown the onions and mushrooms and throw them in when its done. If you don't want to brown the onions and mushrooms, just put them in the pot with the other stuff when you put it in the oven.
Now you got me craving stew. Betch!:)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#87389 Jun 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I want to win the lottery so I don't have to commute, I can do what I want and, dammit, if I want to travel I don't have to budget forever to do it!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#87390 Jun 18, 2013
I posted this on one of the Amby's by mistake.

Okay- change of subject.
On my Samsung Smartphone is it more secure to use an app or to go to a website using the internet for the same information and interaction?

When I use an app am I consuming data at the saw rate as when I use the internet for the same function?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#87391 Jun 19, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87392 Jun 19, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are way to many words and steps to that recipe.
I really like my JOy of Cooking cookbook, but one annoying thing they do is they don't give you ALL of the ingredients up front. THey give you ingredients as they recipe goes along.

I didn't realize this, so I looked up a recipe, got the list of ingredients, shopped. THen when I was ready to cook/bake, I got the cookbook back out, got out the ingredients, and started. Got to the end of the page and turned the page and holy crap! here are MORE ingredients! WTF? I had to send my ex to the store right away so I could finish what I'd started. Now I look ahead to make sure it won't happen again, but that was annoying.

Location hidden

#87393 Jun 19, 2013
Good morning.

Happy Wednesday.

We are supposed to hit 90 this weekend! Summer is finally here!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87394 Jun 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I really like my JOy of Cooking cookbook, but one annoying thing they do is they don't give you ALL of the ingredients up front. THey give you ingredients as they recipe goes along.
I didn't realize this, so I looked up a recipe, got the list of ingredients, shopped. THen when I was ready to cook/bake, I got the cookbook back out, got out the ingredients, and started. Got to the end of the page and turned the page and holy crap! here are MORE ingredients! WTF? I had to send my ex to the store right away so I could finish what I'd started. Now I look ahead to make sure it won't happen again, but that was annoying.
That would piss me off so bad. I'd probably chuck the book and order a pizza.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87395 Jun 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good morning.
Happy Wednesday.
We are supposed to hit 90 this weekend! Summer is finally here!
I think I need to buy a hammock. I'm getting my second Japanese encephalitis shot on Friday, and the first one knocked me out for the entire weekend. Laying in the shade in the heat sounds like a plan.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#87396 Jun 19, 2013
Well, just be glad that you were not invited over for that mess I made yesterday. It came out horrible, I totally messed it up.
I think I did 3 major things wrong.

1 Sauce was not reduced enough, tasted way too much like wine, even after the butter/flour stuff.

2 Said to pick out meat and carrots, then strain the rest (to make the sauce), but did not say to NOT put that stuff back in, which I did and ended up with parsley covered meat with chunks of shallots. way too much flavor.

3 Way too many of those pearl onions (and too much parsley)

I was very disappointed, but I made sure that I cleaned all the dishes right away because I did not want to have to look at that mess any longer than I had to.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87397 Jun 19, 2013
I don't always let the dogs out at night in my underwear, but when I do, my next door neighbors are having a party on their deck.

Stay thirsty, my friends.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#87398 Jun 19, 2013
Good morning, all! Having one of my fave breakfasts: everything bagel toasted with lots of butter topped with corned beef hash and crystal sauce! Yum!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87399 Jun 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
1 Sauce was not reduced enough, tasted way too much like wine, even after the butter/flour stuff.
I fail to see how that would be a problem.

Location hidden

#87400 Jun 19, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I don't always let the dogs out at night in my underwear, but when I do, my next door neighbors are having a party on their deck.
Stay thirsty, my friends.
HA! This made my coworker laugh out loud.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#87401 Jun 19, 2013
I know! You would think, right?
But it just tasted like hot gravy wine. It said to use a pinot (sp), so maybe that was it. Normally I would have used a merlot.
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I fail to see how that would be a problem.

Location hidden

#87402 Jun 19, 2013
Hey, ladies. In these summer months, wearing skirts, Do you get harassed by construction works and their cat calls?

Try these:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-234...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87403 Jun 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hey, ladies. In these summer months, wearing skirts, Do you get harassed by construction works and their cat calls?
Try these:
Hork. Seriously.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#87404 Jun 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Try these:
HA!

But no.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RoxLo 1,232,719
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Jacques Orleans 189,866
amy 5-25-15 17 min Kuuipo 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min litesong 53,496
Ill have those negras voting Democratic for t... 50 min LBJ Said It 2
@POTUS: Obama unveils new TWITTER account 54 min PotusIsEVILTWIT 3
News 17 shot-2 fatally-in bloody start to Memorial D... 56 min Military wife 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]