Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Interesting short article on the downside(s) to getting your paycheck via a plastic "debit" type card:

http://www.twincities.com/ci_23477130/pa-mcdo...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

I had a rant typed up in FB yesterday but decided to not post it, didn't want to poop all over FB on Father's Day, but it was about having a fourth generation growing up believing that dads aren't necessary, just get a check from the government in dad's place.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am doing my best to pick a fight with you.:)
Say something political. Edog wills how up and he usually puts on a show.
Isn't it ironic that our government wants to disarm Americans and arm Syrians?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Here, Ang, maybe this will help.

So, we went to my dad's on saturday. My youngest step-sister was there and spent the whole time chain smoking and telling anyone who would listen about her hysterectomy and all the complications with that, and how her daughter is a total alcoholic at not even 21 and that she is totally unable to do anything about this even though the girl (and her boyfriend) live at her house. Her only solution has been to buy wine, since the girl doesn't like it. And how she's been buying weed from the son of my dad's ladyfriend and that she suspects the ladyfriend is helping the son with some indoor grow house and that she's also his mule. It was exhausting just to listen to all this, let alone trying to figure out what was fact and what was drama. I drank many mike's hard lemonades.

My middle step-sis was also there and she took the girls home with her so Dickie and I could have a night off. It was lovely to have no responsiblities...

Then we go to my sisters so Dickie and my BIL can play golf for father's day and to collect the children. When we pull up to the house, my niece comes out to inform us that her mom is really ill and is considering going to the er. So when W finally gets out of the bathroom, she asks me to come upstairs and she closes the door behind me. She proceeds to tell me that my eldest step-sister, H, has called off the wedding (you all may remember this was the wedding where I had no idea what gift to get) because the man she's been living with for 15 years has suddenly become a potential child molester. The story that she told W was that she woke up to find the boyfriend not in bed so she went looking for him. She says she found him in her 16 yo daughters bed asleep but naked. She proceeds to scream and yell at him (without waking the child) and kicked him out of the house.

There's more to the story of course, but all of it sounds fishy. They had been fighting about how much money H was spending on the wedding - in fact she spent the money that had been set aside to fly up two of the bf's adult kids from Arkansas. Two days after this alleged event, my niece was on a plane to Nicaragua for a church-sponsored mission trip. While she was gone, H went to a counselor to talk about this and the counselor decided this was a must-report event and called DCF even though H never filed a police report. Oh, there's more but I can't even remeber it right now...Oh right, they work at the same company, so even though he's now a child molester, she doesn't want him getting fired because he's their best salesperson and she needs the company to keep doing well.

But the one thing that both W and I keep coming back to is that H can be a very violent person and has been known to beat her siblings over tiny slights, how did she not beat the snot out a man that is abusing her daughter? Both of us agreed that if that was our husband/bf, the guy would have left in an ambulance. And we both know that she is a total drunk and very manipulative, but we can't figure what she thinks she's going to gain from this.

I think she's totally lying about this, not that I really liked the guy but I don't see him doing this. W has talked to him and he insists that he's done nothing wrong and even though he signed a quit claim (?) deed on the house when he left, he's now going to go after her for everything. In the meantime, he's living at another daughter's house - with his 6 yo granddaughter.

I spent much of the day with my head in my hands.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it ironic that our government wants to disarm Americans and arm Syrians?
I think I saw that on a t-shirt this weekend at the flea market.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am doing my best to pick a fight with you.:)
Say something political. Edog wills how up and he usually puts on a show.
Heh. And I only said his name once! Isn't it suppose to be three times as in Beetlejuice?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

WOw, squishy. My head spins just from reading that! And if she IS making up the child predator stuff, that is nasty. What a horrible thing to make up!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Here, Ang, maybe this will help.
So, we went to my dad's on saturday. My youngest step-sister was there and spent the whole time chain smoking and telling anyone who would listen ...
Amazing all around. Stay away from this whole thing. Let the authorities figure this out. She could have NOT beat him up b/c she didn't know if to feel jealous or outraged. Believe me, she wouldn't be the first person who didn't know how to handle this -- impaired or otherwise.

Man oh man -- I would stay away from all of this, though. It's crazy!

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
WOw, squishy. My head spins just from reading that! And if she IS making up the child predator stuff, that is nasty. What a horrible thing to make up!
No sh!t. Whatever the truth is, it's my niece that is going to get screwed. This man is the only father she's ever known (her bio dad was killed in a car accident when she was 6-7 months old) but now she's not even supposed to talk about him, even though in her eyes he's done nothing wrong. She is totally at the mercy of her nut job mom and she will parrot whatever she is told. We're hoping that her bio-dad's family can get her out of there, even if it's just for the summer.

And the cherry on top of all this is that I'm not even supposed to know. H doesn't want the family to know anything - she's going to let people think the bf cheated on her or beat her and that's why the wedding is off (which no one has been notified of yet either - good thing I didn't buy a gift!). I know she doesn't want the family to know anything because we will call her out on this.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I saw that on a t-shirt this weekend at the flea market.
Dam, I coulda made some money.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing all around. Stay away from this whole thing. Let the authorities figure this out. She could have NOT beat him up b/c she didn't know if to feel jealous or outraged. Believe me, she wouldn't be the first person who didn't know how to handle this -- impaired or otherwise.
They need to be very strict about the parent's being TOTALLY FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE......even having to borrow, to reimburse.....guaranteed to end any future problems......

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>No sh!t. Whatever the truth is, it's my niece that is going to get screwed. This man is the only father she's ever known (her bio dad was killed in a car accident when she was 6-7 months old) but now she's not even supposed to talk about him, even though in her eyes he's done nothing wrong. She is totally at the mercy of her nut job mom and she will parrot whatever she is told. We're hoping that her bio-dad's family can get her out of there, even if it's just for the summer.

And the cherry on top of all this is that I'm not even supposed to know. H doesn't want the family to know anything - she's going to let people think the bf cheated on her or beat her and that's why the wedding is off (which no one has been notified of yet either - good thing I didn't buy a gift!). I know she doesn't want the family to know anything because we will call her out on this.
Wooow...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

And yeah, what Toj said.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I will, as best I can. If it wasn't for the fact there is a minor child involved, I think we (me and the other 2 step-sisters) would have cut ties with my step-sister after her their died (about 3 years ago).

And thank you for another point of view. I can't imagine it going down like that, but I have to remember that it is possible.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Two things we aren't touching with a 10 foot pole at the Matilda house are 1) J's POS bio dad probably has lung cancer and 2) SIL's cousin is pregnant with baby #3 at the ripe old age of 20. Same dad for all 3, but they're not really 'together', he doesn't like to work, but does enjoy chatting up 13 year old girls on the Internet. He's 27 or 28. Woo!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I will, as best I can. If it wasn't for the fact there is a minor child involved, I think we (me and the other 2 step-sisters) would have cut ties with my step-sister after her their died (about 3 years ago).
And thank you for another point of view. I can't imagine it going down like that, but I have to remember that it is possible.
Well, I think it's sick to feel jealous -- but it happens.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

So, did she go to the ER?
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

RACE wrote:
So, did she go to the ER?
<quoted text>
Ha! I forgot about that.

Nope, she felt much better after talking to me. I think she just needed to share the stress.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Okay, so I guess I like my boring life just fine.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Well Squishy's thing totally kicks asss on my little rant/annoyance, but here it is anyway.

Family structure: 1 (full) bio sister with 2 kids, 2 step-sisters on mom's side 3 kids each, and 1 each step-sister 4 kids, and step-brother 3 kids (both dead) on dad's side.

The nieces and nephews you guys see me talk about all the time are from mom's side except for the nephews from bio sister.

My mom adopted the youngest of the step-sisters' kids so he is my nephew/brother (he WAS 22 at the time) <shrug> and my dad adopted one of my step-brother's kids so she is my niece/sister (she was like 10 at the time).

Somehow a while back she found me on Facebook. I don't really have any emotional connection there, but yeah ok whatever, we can be "friends." I talk to her occasionally, but pretty rarely.
1987 was a banner year. Mary was born in March, Christopher was born in June, then John's (step-bro) OTHER daughter (Andrea) was born in July. He also had a son ("Little John") who was born in like 82-ish.

Recently Mary has made contact with "Little John" and Andrea and is forming a relationship with them. Totally cool. NOW she wants to drag me into it. Oh and just for good measure, she's in touch with her cousins (step-sister's on dad's side kids), which is fine, but again, she wants to drag me into it.

I will be changing my name and moving to Tibet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,101 - 86,120 of96,013
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4-17 6 min edogxxx 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min STEFANO COLONNA 64,982
Amy 4-17 8 min edogxxx 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,405
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,033,725
snapchat gay names 1 hr Aussieboy123 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 42,937
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE