“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Marcus Hook, PA

#87299 Jun 17, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I saw that on a t-shirt this weekend at the flea market.
Dam, I coulda made some money.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#87300 Jun 17, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing all around. Stay away from this whole thing. Let the authorities figure this out. She could have NOT beat him up b/c she didn't know if to feel jealous or outraged. Believe me, she wouldn't be the first person who didn't know how to handle this -- impaired or otherwise.
Man oh man -- I would stay away from all of this, though. It's crazy!
They need to be very strict about the parent's being TOTALLY FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE......even having to borrow, to reimburse.....guaranteed to end any future problems......

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#87301 Jun 17, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>No sh!t. Whatever the truth is, it's my niece that is going to get screwed. This man is the only father she's ever known (her bio dad was killed in a car accident when she was 6-7 months old) but now she's not even supposed to talk about him, even though in her eyes he's done nothing wrong. She is totally at the mercy of her nut job mom and she will parrot whatever she is told. We're hoping that her bio-dad's family can get her out of there, even if it's just for the summer.

And the cherry on top of all this is that I'm not even supposed to know. H doesn't want the family to know anything - she's going to let people think the bf cheated on her or beat her and that's why the wedding is off (which no one has been notified of yet either - good thing I didn't buy a gift!). I know she doesn't want the family to know anything because we will call her out on this.
Wooow...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87302 Jun 17, 2013
And yeah, what Toj said.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#87303 Jun 17, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing all around. Stay away from this whole thing. Let the authorities figure this out. She could have NOT beat him up b/c she didn't know if to feel jealous or outraged. Believe me, she wouldn't be the first person who didn't know how to handle this -- impaired or otherwise.
Man oh man -- I would stay away from all of this, though. It's crazy!
Oh, I will, as best I can. If it wasn't for the fact there is a minor child involved, I think we (me and the other 2 step-sisters) would have cut ties with my step-sister after her their died (about 3 years ago).

And thank you for another point of view. I can't imagine it going down like that, but I have to remember that it is possible.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87304 Jun 17, 2013
Two things we aren't touching with a 10 foot pole at the Matilda house are 1) J's POS bio dad probably has lung cancer and 2) SIL's cousin is pregnant with baby #3 at the ripe old age of 20. Same dad for all 3, but they're not really 'together', he doesn't like to work, but does enjoy chatting up 13 year old girls on the Internet. He's 27 or 28. Woo!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87305 Jun 17, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I will, as best I can. If it wasn't for the fact there is a minor child involved, I think we (me and the other 2 step-sisters) would have cut ties with my step-sister after her their died (about 3 years ago).
And thank you for another point of view. I can't imagine it going down like that, but I have to remember that it is possible.
Well, I think it's sick to feel jealous -- but it happens.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#87306 Jun 17, 2013
So, did she go to the ER?
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>

Evanston IL

#87307 Jun 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
So, did she go to the ER?
<quoted text>
Ha! I forgot about that.

Nope, she felt much better after talking to me. I think she just needed to share the stress.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#87308 Jun 17, 2013
Okay, so I guess I like my boring life just fine.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#87309 Jun 17, 2013
Well Squishy's thing totally kicks asss on my little rant/annoyance, but here it is anyway.

Family structure: 1 (full) bio sister with 2 kids, 2 step-sisters on mom's side 3 kids each, and 1 each step-sister 4 kids, and step-brother 3 kids (both dead) on dad's side.

The nieces and nephews you guys see me talk about all the time are from mom's side except for the nephews from bio sister.

My mom adopted the youngest of the step-sisters' kids so he is my nephew/brother (he WAS 22 at the time) <shrug> and my dad adopted one of my step-brother's kids so she is my niece/sister (she was like 10 at the time).

Somehow a while back she found me on Facebook. I don't really have any emotional connection there, but yeah ok whatever, we can be "friends." I talk to her occasionally, but pretty rarely.
1987 was a banner year. Mary was born in March, Christopher was born in June, then John's (step-bro) OTHER daughter (Andrea) was born in July. He also had a son ("Little John") who was born in like 82-ish.

Recently Mary has made contact with "Little John" and Andrea and is forming a relationship with them. Totally cool. NOW she wants to drag me into it. Oh and just for good measure, she's in touch with her cousins (step-sister's on dad's side kids), which is fine, but again, she wants to drag me into it.

I will be changing my name and moving to Tibet.

Location hidden

#87310 Jun 17, 2013
Hey, maybe Matilda will be asked to be MOH or bridesmaid at SIL's wedding!:D

Evanston IL

#87311 Jun 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Okay, so I guess I like my boring life just fine.
I thought I had a boring life too - until yesterday.

So be careful, it could happen to you too!
:D

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87312 Jun 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I somehow doubt it, and I am a-okay with that.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87313 Jun 17, 2013
Damn. My prom date's dad dropped dead yesterday.:-( He was really nice; could have been one of the Superfans on SNL with his thick Chicahgo accent.

Gotten all kinds of bad news about friends' parents lately. Dead, dying, yadda yadda. I feel like I'm ahead of that terrible curve, and I feel like I can help friends through it without it sucking me in to my own grief. So, I guess that's good...or something.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#87314 Jun 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Also, I know I told the regs at dinner, but I don't know if I mentioned it on here, but I think they're realizing they don't have money for a wedding anytime soon. Heh. I don't think anyone is too concerned with them extending their timeline at all.

Location hidden

#87315 Jun 17, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I know I told the regs at dinner, but I don't know if I mentioned it on here, but I think they're realizing they don't have money for a wedding anytime soon. Heh. I don't think anyone is too concerned with them extending their timeline at all.
That tells me that they weren't all that interested in getting married, then, because you can get married for the cost of the license application. Judge's chambers = free wedding ceremony.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#87316 Jun 17, 2013
Wow.
I leave for a couple hours and all h*ll breaks loose.
Mimi and Squishy- even with a score card I had trouble following who was doing what to whom.

Squishy- If step sister and bf were married she would be in a lot of trouble for making unfounded allegations. Not ure how that works if you are not married.

Toj- I thought of Beetlejuice as well.(I once worked with a guy who looked a lot like Michael Keaton. Drool, wipe chin with back of hand, but he didn't wear black striped pajamas)

Squishy- is it the 16 year old who is on a mission trip? Has anyone asked her if anything happened?Does she know what her mother is saying?

And , may I say, wow!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#87317 Jun 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Nope- she'll be teh one who gives the bride away

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#87318 Jun 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That tells me that they weren't all that interested in getting married, then, because you can get married for the cost of the license application. Judge's chambers = free wedding ceremony.
They go to a church based school. That might be this close to blasphemy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min forks_make_us_fat 1,110,732
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 31 min HughBe 69,396
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 37 min Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 1 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 178,068
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr maurizio74 49,849
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••