|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Half those describe me. You can pry my Xbox and my Spongebob boxers from my cold, dead hands.
I have a couple of those. I need control of my remote at all times, and I drive too fast.

I actually took a test once in a class where I came out with a score of an average male aggression.

This study was done in the UK. I would like to think that males here have evolved more at that age.
I just thought it was interesting as to the age. The behavior seems more like younger guys, maybe up to 30ish or so. Sort of agree with the women's age though, just from observation.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Dahgts wrote:
Thanks, Da'.

Are you up for a Pink Martini?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. And one dad said to send the kids home then call the cops?(1) you mean, send them home to the parents they lied to ("he threatened us with a hammer" yeah right)?(2) make it more of a he said/they said scenario. Keeping them at the site proves they were there.
It's RIDICULOUS that he was charged with anything. How else was he supposed to contain four kids that age?
And the dad said the homeowner knew the kids. Did he, really, though? I know my adult neighbors, somewhat, but I see their kids so infrequently and they grow up and change so quickly that I might not recognize them in such a situation.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't false arrest or imprisonment. He caught people in the act of criminal behavior and detained them until the cops could get there. THat is completely legal.
No it isn't. You can't threaten bodily harm and then lock up people, especially juveniles. He was not in any imminent danger or worried about his life.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. You can't threaten bodily harm and then lock up people, especially juveniles. He was not in any imminent danger or worried about his life.
How do you know he threatened bodily harm? YOu're going to take the word of 10-year-old vandals? I'm not.

I have physically detained juvenile delinquents -- as in, held a teen girl in a headlock to control her -- until the cops got there (a neighbor guy was holding the other one). The cops never said a word about us doing anything wrong.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Da'.
Are you up for a Pink Martini?
After I realized you didn't mean a night of drinking, then yes I am.

Email to follow.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

I also think the parents of those kids are crazy. If I was the parent of one of those kids, I would not press charges. I'd be happy he got the crap scared out of him.

(shrug)

But legally...

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know he threatened bodily harm? YOu're going to take the word of 10-year-old vandals? I'm not.
I have physically detained juvenile delinquents -- as in, held a teen girl in a headlock to control her -- until the cops got there (a neighbor guy was holding the other one). The cops never said a word about us doing anything wrong.
That's what he is charged with. I have no idea who is telling the truth.

The judge isn't stupid.

I think the difference here is that (1) you didn't have a hammer and (2) you didn't lock them up in a closet.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a girl -- around 14 or 15 -- who was threatened 8 year old boys. She thought she was tough. She was much bigger than me, but I have attitude, agility and age on my side (uh, it was over a decade ago to boot). I scared the crap out of her.

Yes, I could have been charged for threatening to kick her ass but I was willing to risk it. Like most bullies, she backed down and left real quick.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

I am so bored.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I am so bored.
Well, I am doing my best to pick a fight with you.:)

Say something political. Edog wills how up and he usually puts on a show.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Interesting short article on the downside(s) to getting your paycheck via a plastic "debit" type card:

http://www.twincities.com/ci_23477130/pa-mcdo...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

I had a rant typed up in FB yesterday but decided to not post it, didn't want to poop all over FB on Father's Day, but it was about having a fourth generation growing up believing that dads aren't necessary, just get a check from the government in dad's place.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Marcus Hook, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it ironic that our government wants to disarm Americans and arm Syrians?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Here, Ang, maybe this will help.

So, we went to my dad's on saturday. My youngest step-sister was there and spent the whole time chain smoking and telling anyone who would listen about her hysterectomy and all the complications with that, and how her daughter is a total alcoholic at not even 21 and that she is totally unable to do anything about this even though the girl (and her boyfriend) live at her house. Her only solution has been to buy wine, since the girl doesn't like it. And how she's been buying weed from the son of my dad's ladyfriend and that she suspects the ladyfriend is helping the son with some indoor grow house and that she's also his mule. It was exhausting just to listen to all this, let alone trying to figure out what was fact and what was drama. I drank many mike's hard lemonades.

My middle step-sis was also there and she took the girls home with her so Dickie and I could have a night off. It was lovely to have no responsiblities...

Then we go to my sisters so Dickie and my BIL can play golf for father's day and to collect the children. When we pull up to the house, my niece comes out to inform us that her mom is really ill and is considering going to the er. So when W finally gets out of the bathroom, she asks me to come upstairs and she closes the door behind me. She proceeds to tell me that my eldest step-sister, H, has called off the wedding (you all may remember this was the wedding where I had no idea what gift to get) because the man she's been living with for 15 years has suddenly become a potential child molester. The story that she told W was that she woke up to find the boyfriend not in bed so she went looking for him. She says she found him in her 16 yo daughters bed asleep but naked. She proceeds to scream and yell at him (without waking the child) and kicked him out of the house.

There's more to the story of course, but all of it sounds fishy. They had been fighting about how much money H was spending on the wedding - in fact she spent the money that had been set aside to fly up two of the bf's adult kids from Arkansas. Two days after this alleged event, my niece was on a plane to Nicaragua for a church-sponsored mission trip. While she was gone, H went to a counselor to talk about this and the counselor decided this was a must-report event and called DCF even though H never filed a police report. Oh, there's more but I can't even remeber it right now...Oh right, they work at the same company, so even though he's now a child molester, she doesn't want him getting fired because he's their best salesperson and she needs the company to keep doing well.

But the one thing that both W and I keep coming back to is that H can be a very violent person and has been known to beat her siblings over tiny slights, how did she not beat the snot out a man that is abusing her daughter? Both of us agreed that if that was our husband/bf, the guy would have left in an ambulance. And we both know that she is a total drunk and very manipulative, but we can't figure what she thinks she's going to gain from this.

I think she's totally lying about this, not that I really liked the guy but I don't see him doing this. W has talked to him and he insists that he's done nothing wrong and even though he signed a quit claim (?) deed on the house when he left, he's now going to go after her for everything. In the meantime, he's living at another daughter's house - with his 6 yo granddaughter.

I spent much of the day with my head in my hands.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it ironic that our government wants to disarm Americans and arm Syrians?
I think I saw that on a t-shirt this weekend at the flea market.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. And I only said his name once! Isn't it suppose to be three times as in Beetlejuice?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

WOw, squishy. My head spins just from reading that! And if she IS making up the child predator stuff, that is nasty. What a horrible thing to make up!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Here, Ang, maybe this will help.
So, we went to my dad's on saturday. My youngest step-sister was there and spent the whole time chain smoking and telling anyone who would listen ...
Amazing all around. Stay away from this whole thing. Let the authorities figure this out. She could have NOT beat him up b/c she didn't know if to feel jealous or outraged. Believe me, she wouldn't be the first person who didn't know how to handle this -- impaired or otherwise.

Man oh man -- I would stay away from all of this, though. It's crazy!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
WOw, squishy. My head spins just from reading that! And if she IS making up the child predator stuff, that is nasty. What a horrible thing to make up!
No sh!t. Whatever the truth is, it's my niece that is going to get screwed. This man is the only father she's ever known (her bio dad was killed in a car accident when she was 6-7 months old) but now she's not even supposed to talk about him, even though in her eyes he's done nothing wrong. She is totally at the mercy of her nut job mom and she will parrot whatever she is told. We're hoping that her bio-dad's family can get her out of there, even if it's just for the summer.

And the cherry on top of all this is that I'm not even supposed to know. H doesn't want the family to know anything - she's going to let people think the bf cheated on her or beat her and that's why the wedding is off (which no one has been notified of yet either - good thing I didn't buy a gift!). I know she doesn't want the family to know anything because we will call her out on this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••