Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We live in Florida now, but Vancouver, BC and Victoria was a great vacation for us....Great asian-fusion food......one of the smartest things Canada did, years ago was recruit the wealthy chinese outta Hong Kong, just before the takeover.....
I haven't been up there in a long time, but I really like it. It's a great place.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
It is. IDK if it really endorses a specific religion either. Guy's a douchebag fundie IMO, but if it does depict a specific religion then it should have to go the same as I would want it to go if it was any religion. You know? Either what we believe applies to everyone, or it doesn't and we have to own being hypocrites like the DB filing the suit.
He wants his 15 seconds of fame. Next

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

"Lawless are they who make their wills their law"

Shakespeare

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Good morning All! I'm up early on a Saturday because I'm getting ready for my 5 hours of snack bar duty for tball. We need to work in order to get our $100 bond back. We do have the option of splitting the duty into two 2 1/2 hour shifts, but I didn't have the evenings available to do that.

Wish me luck today! Thank goodness it is a nice day out :)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Good morning All! I'm up early on a Saturday because I'm getting ready for my 5 hours of snack bar duty for tball. We need to work in order to get our $100 bond back. We do have the option of splitting the duty into two 2 1/2 hour shifts, but I didn't have the evenings available to do that.
Wish me luck today! Thank goodness it is a nice day out :)
5 hours of snack bar duty??? What happened to juice boxes and orange wedges and granola bars? Is that just a Chicago style. like hotdogs without ketchup?

I started going to the gym under the enthusiastic urging of my sister and BIL and husband. I am getting reacquainted with my muscles. It is supposed to rain off and on today, so no gardening or yard work. Errands, seeing my Dad and if I can still move, Gilbert and Sullivan tonight.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/THNROE701I...

Amy for a sleepy Saturday morning 6-15-13

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Was supposed to go out to the winery tonight for drinks and fun. But I think we're about to get rained out. Local bar instead is the backup plan. J's got plans separately, and normally I'd enjoy the time alone at home but Goofus and her Gallant are in town, so.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Ok, so I am going to try smoking a prime rib tomorrow. Research says anything from 20 min a pound to 8hrs. I think I will just get one of those remote meat thermometers and cook it till it says 120.
also the time after taking it off varies greatly also. Anywhere from 30 min to 2.5hrs (one guy double wrapped them in foil and put them in his cooler on top of some sweatshirts for that long)

I hope home depot has that thermometer!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

RACE wrote:
Ok, so I am going to try smoking a prime rib tomorrow. Research says anything from 20 min a pound to 8hrs. I think I will just get one of those remote meat thermometers and cook it till it says 120.
also the time after taking it off varies greatly also. Anywhere from 30 min to 2.5hrs (one guy double wrapped them in foil and put them in his cooler on top of some sweatshirts for that long)
Try Bed Bath and Beyond if Home Depot doesn't.

Prime Rib roast or steak? Why smoke it? Won't that make it ham-like in texture?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

RACE wrote:
What time should I be there for dinner?

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Was supposed to go out to the winery tonight for drinks and fun. But I think we're about to get rained out. Local bar instead is the backup plan. J's got plans separately, and normally I'd enjoy the time alone at home but Goofus and her Gallant are in town, so.
Hope you had fun. I certainly did tonight, in spite of the drizzle.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you had fun. I certainly did tonight, in spite of the drizzle.
We did! Got rained out after a couple hours, but we went to a bar after that.

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

So there was an eagle in my back yard this morning. I really wanted to take a picture, but I had to restrain the cat so that the eagle didn't, yanno, kick his asss. By the time I got the cat in the house and got a camera...eagle gone.:( Stupid cat... Ok, not really, I love my cat, but the eagle was JUST SITTING THERE!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Home depot did not, but lowes did. Its even wireless. Just tell it that temp I want and it will notify me. Right now up to 112. May push it up to 130 if I can slow down the temp rising.

No, wont come out dry. You are still getting the same temp Just more slowly, and the water keeps everything from drying out.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Try Bed Bath and Beyond if Home Depot doesn't.
Prime Rib roast or steak? Why smoke it? Won't that make it ham-like in texture?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Now. we can start with dessert and work our way backwards ;)
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
What time should I be there for dinner?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Geez! Maybe the guy should have given them lollipops for destroying his property
http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/06/16/3345973/n...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,061 - 86,080 of96,293
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Incognito4Ever 1,036,987
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min loose cannon 167,740
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,570
Amy 4-24 11 min VAdame 14
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 47,190
Abby 4-24 28 min Toj 9
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 32 min Adam 36 67,245
Amy 4-23 2 hr RACE 41
ask amy 4-22 19 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••