|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
what you're alluding to (that is that the government pays for illegals' education) is inaccurate.
I see you and Toj are on the same dumb-pill prescription. I already told her I never alluded to that and here you go and repeat the same thing. You two just don't have an argument without it. You have to put words in my mouth so you can say I'm wrong about something I NEVER EVEN SAID!

You two would garner more respect if you would just admit you were wrong. Trying to convince everyone you're still right is childish and makes you look like idiots.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> But not a funny clown. More like a sad clown.
Sad, yet also much like the clown, that somehow scares Kramer....lol....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lo okout/teacher-fired-domestic-v iolence-ex-husband-161455153.h tml
Woman fired from her teaching job because her ex husband stalked her. He's in prison now, but they still fired her over safety concerns.
Another reminder....Religion is a fabulous thing....Organized Religion almost alway's falls short.....And this from the supposed, leftcoast.....California passed a state bill, couple years ago that would allow illegal alien students to pay for State Universitys, at the lower, in-state rates.....go figure....

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
mine is close to that, but in mine, the teacher doesn't hold class or collect homeowrk... this has started in the last few months.
i've also had a couple dreams where my thousand dollar teeth are coming out.
"stress? what stress?" appparently.
I haaaate the teeth dreams. Haven't had one in a while, though.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
deplorable isnt it? A faith that touts watching over their flock casts a woman and her children to the wolves....
Organized religion sucks.
<quoted text>
That one is worthy of putting on paper and snail mailing to the school and the bishop and signing your real name.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Thanks!
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>That one is worthy of putting on paper and snail mailing to the school and the bishop and signing your real name.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lo okout/teacher-fired-domestic-v iolence-ex-husband-161455153.h tml
Woman fired from her teaching job because her ex husband stalked her. He's in prison now, but they still fired her over safety concerns.
I saw that yesterday. Shoot the ex. Just have him killed. He's a stalker and he's likely dangerous if he's ignoring (blatantly) restraining orders. The world would be better without him.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Only the ones who are incoming freshman or undergrads.
<quoted text>
Never said there was.
<quoted text>
I alluded to no such thing.
<quoted text>
You're back pedaling right now. And you just WERE proven wrong.
<quoted text>
That was a direct copy and paste. Please show me what I tweaked.
First of all, it's not ALL incoming freshman or undergrads. You have to qualify and there's more to th4 qualification then being an immigrant.

As to alluding or not alluding that taxes pay for it -- what is your No. 1 complaint on here? It's that the government is taking your money and spending it on things like illegal immigrants and gays. If your complaint is NOT about your tax dollars, please indicate so since that is usually your top gripe.

I don't back pedal. And I provided links to my quotes. I gave the link. You go see what you didn't include in the quote.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that yesterday. Shoot the ex. Just have him killed. He's a stalker and he's likely dangerous if he's ignoring (blatantly) restraining orders. The world would be better without him.
he's in prison.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you and Toj are on the same dumb-pill prescription. I already told her I never alluded to that and here you go and repeat the same thing. You two just don't have an argument without it. You have to put words in my mouth so you can say I'm wrong about something I NEVER EVEN SAID!
You two would garner more respect if you would just admit you were wrong. Trying to convince everyone you're still right is childish and makes you look like idiots.
I don't have to convince anyone of anything. THEY can read too.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Mimi-
Apropos the mom who was fired from her job because of an abusive ex husband, how is your sister and nephew doing? Has her ex left them alone?

P.

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, it's not ALL incoming freshman or undergrads. You have to qualify and there's more to th4 qualification then being an immigrant.
As to alluding or not alluding that taxes pay for it -- what is your No. 1 complaint on here? It's that the government is taking your money and spending it on things like illegal immigrants and gays. If your complaint is NOT about your tax dollars, please indicate so since that is usually your top gripe.
I don't back pedal. And I provided links to my quotes. I gave the link. You go see what you didn't include in the quote.
One of the best things I ever learned was grom my great-grandmother. She was a very religious Southern Baptist and was always trying to teach me bible stuff. Even as a very young chid I found it specious, but one thing that she said really made an impression. She said,(paraphrased) "whenever anyone tells you that X in the bible means Y, make sure you read it yourself and read what comes before and goes after it so you understand what it really means." i.e. CONTEXT

The dog is big about taking stuff out of context. Just like when he said Christmas was outlawed or whatever...he read the headlines but not the articles which refuted the headlines. Same thing here, except of course we all know he deliberately attempted to obfuscate what it said by only including that which appeared to support his position when the whole thing, in context, once again, refutes his argument. Same sh|t, different day. No surprises.

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TBNH8VD5TT...
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T56FBS3GTB...
Good morning, everyone! Good morning NSA! Good morning Obama!
Thanks dog.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the best things I ever learned was grom my great-grandmother. She was a very religious Southern Baptist and was always trying to teach me bible stuff. Even as a very young chid I found it specious, but one thing that she said really made an impression. She said,(paraphrased) "whenever anyone tells you that X in the bible means Y, make sure you read it yourself and read what comes before and goes after it so you understand what it really means." i.e. CONTEXT
The dog is big about taking stuff out of context. Just like when he said Christmas was outlawed or whatever...he read the headlines but not the articles which refuted the headlines. Same thing here, except of course we all know he deliberately attempted to obfuscate what it said by only including that which appeared to support his position when the whole thing, in context, once again, refutes his argument. Same sh|t, different day. No surprises.
Yep. Preaching to the choir here. I don't know why I try.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>he's in prison.
Big deal. He can get out.

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Preaching to the choir here. I don't know why I try.
Ditto.

I think sometimes I do it out of boredom. <shrug> It's certainly not like I believe he has an capacity for seeing anything from a POV other than his own...even for the sake of argument.

AND he has definitely never, ever, ever said, "you're right," "I'm/was wrong," or "I stand corrected," etc. He might be biologically incapable. <shrug again>

Really though I think he's just a dumbbell. IMO anyway.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
A person with moral character can admit when they're wrong. Just saying.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks dog.
I've just been volunteered to go to Vancouver at the end of the month. Wanna meet up?

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Mimi-
Apropos the mom who was fired from her job because of an abusive ex husband, how is your sister and nephew doing? Has her ex left them alone?
P.
So far so good. She got approved for the transitional housing thing on Monday, so now it's just a matter of waiting for them to get the inspections (on the apartment) completed and give her a move in date. He's still doing well in school and because of the DV thing, and the WA laws he can stay in the same (good) school next year and the year after (through 8th grade) so that's cool. He other son (he'll be 20 on the 30th) got here last Friday. He's staying with her friend (NOT with me...I put my foot down!) so he's helping her.

The ex agreed to the divorce and so far so good with that. I'm still waiting to see if there's a sh|tstorm as it gets closer to being final, but right now things are working pretty smoothly. They would be better if she would stop having a crisis every single day that needs to be taken care of RIGHT NOW, but that's just her basic personality.

I actually got into a text argument (my first) with her the other day because he was complaining that no one (me) helps her and no one (me again) has room for her kid, and no one (me again) blah, blah, blah,....oh hell no. I said WTF are you talking about? I've done nothing BUT help you (five pages of me going OFF on her) and then I said "in case it's escaped everyone's notice Christopher's birthday is next week and maybe, just maybe, i have my OWN issues right now!"

Sorry...you didn't ask all of that. LOL

“What's it to ya?”

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Big deal. He can get out.
Yeah, and they tend to not keep them very long.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 85,981 - 86,000 of97,453
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min LRS 173,741
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min shinningelectr0n 1,072,818
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 16 min 75 Scorpio 404
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min The Troll Stopper 48,695
Evergreen Park Man Facing Charges In South Side... 28 min wow 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,161
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr No Warming 45,547
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 9:07PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search