Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Oh, and did I tell you guys that they moved in together?
Hmmm, that seems awfully fast.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

I'm at my favorite dive Mexican place, alone, playing on my phone, and a guy walked in, also alone, booping around on his phone, and he ordered the exact same thing as me.

White people, lol.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Then prove it. Are some of you still suggesting I might be wrong about something? Have we learned nothing by now?
All the Dream Act does is allow illegal immigrants WHO MEET CERTAIN CONDITIONS and have been in the U.S. before they were 16 to ATTEND college -- not pay for it.

That's like saying since Mimi got a full scholarship, all women get free college.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Then prove it. Are some of you still suggesting I might be wrong about something? Have we learned nothing by now?
There are several states that allow illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition at the State Universities. That isn't free, but it is a LOT cheaper than out of state tuition.

My problem with that is that to qualify for in-state tuition one must live and work in the state (or be a minor going to school there for several years, which assumes parents who are living and working there) which means that you are paying taxes to support the university already. Some illegal immigrants pay taxes through payroll taxes and it is possible to receive a number from the IRS that is different from a social security number so you can pay income tax, but I would guess that a good majority of them work for cash so that there is no record of them being in the country and I would be interested in seeing the number of illegal immigrants who don't go through the hassle of becoming citizens, but register with the IRS so they can give more money to the government.

It is a difficult situation, though, because the students who grew up here are not responsible for their parents' actions and this is their home country, if not technically then at least in spirit.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>This is YOUR POST.....PROVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT'S GO TO COLLEGE FOR FREE??????
Yeah, good luck with that. He is the epitome of posting BS, being asked to back it up, and then demanding that we prove him wrong. It's best to just assume he's full of sh|t 100% of the time.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
I'm at my favorite dive Mexican place, alone, playing on my phone, and a guy walked in, also alone, booping around on his phone, and he ordered the exact same thing as me.
White people, lol.
I refer to us as gringos/gringas to my Spanish friends.
:)

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That probably won't last. Too quick.
He originally told me it would be around the end of the summer, but then mysteriously the person she's leasing from needs the place back so she had to move out now. Not sure if I buy that. ;)

I think it's too quick considering she has an 11yo daughter (who's spending the summer in MD with her dad, so she technically won't be there for the first 2 months-ish). But no one asked for my input, so... whatever. I do wish Jasper the best and if this doesn't work out, I hope he learns from it.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, good luck with that. He is the epitome of posting BS, being asked to back it up, and then demanding that we prove him wrong. It's best to just assume he's full of sh|t 100% of the time.
Everyone loves to tell me how wrong I always am all the time, but no one can name one thing I've ever been wrong about. Can you?

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I refer to us as gringos/gringas to my Spanish friends.
:)
Crazy cracker.
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Then prove it. Are some of you still suggesting I might be wrong about something? Have we learned nothing by now?
SWISMW....so wrong in so many ways.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

You guys did okay this morning but come on... what happened? An hour and a half to go!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Oh, never mind... we're finishing early. Woohoo!

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone loves to tell me how wrong I always am all the time, but no one can name one thing I've ever been wrong about. Can you?
I think I covered this a couple weeks ago when I said that you aren't worth the effort to even try. Of course I can. Did you speak (type)? Then you are wrong. Pretty self evident.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several states that allow illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition at the State Universities. That isn't free, but it is a LOT cheaper than out of state tuition.
My problem with that is that to qualify for in-state tuition one must live and work in the state (or be a minor going to school there for several years, which assumes parents who are living and working there) which means that you are paying taxes to support the university already. Some illegal immigrants pay taxes through payroll taxes and it is possible to receive a number from the IRS that is different from a social security number so you can pay income tax, but I would guess that a good majority of them work for cash so that there is no record of them being in the country and I would be interested in seeing the number of illegal immigrants who don't go through the hassle of becoming citizens, but register with the IRS so they can give more money to the government.
It is a difficult situation, though, because the students who grew up here are not responsible for their parents' actions and this is their home country, if not technically then at least in spirit.
Clearly there is an economy where work is paid in cash. However, my experience is that the undocumented workers use someone else's SS#. the employer is therefore paying payroll taxes, making withholding etc. Whether the worker actually files a 1040 using the fake number is problematical. We don't hear much about the IRS telling someone that their tax return has already been filed unless it is a fraud to obtain the refund, not that multiple people are using the same number. I am basing that on press reports and my perceptions and would certainly be interested in seeing reliable reports to the contrary.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

From the Illinois Dream Fund Organization:

"the Illinois Dream Fund Scholarship provides scholarships to undocumented students, who are incoming freshmen or current undergraduates that possess at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4 point scale)."

BOOYAAA!

Want some salt with that crow??

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
From the Illinois Dream Fund Organization:
"the Illinois Dream Fund Scholarship provides scholarships to undocumented students, who are incoming freshmen or current undergraduates that possess at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4 point scale)."
BOOYAAA!
Want some salt with that crow??
Nope. You tweeked that a bit. It actually says:

"With the generous offerings of private donors and in-kind donations, the Illinois Dream Fund Scholarship provides scholarships to undocumented students, who are incoming freshmen or current undergraduates that possess at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4 point scale)."

It's from PRIVATE DONORS. Private people can give who the heck they want the $$$.

Here's the link. Something you forgot to include: http://www.illinoisdreamfund.org/

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You tweeked that a bit. It actually says:
"With the generous offerings of private donors and in-kind donations, the Illinois Dream Fund Scholarship provides scholarships to undocumented students, who are incoming freshmen or current undergraduates that possess at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4 point scale)."
It's from PRIVATE DONORS. Private people can give who the heck they want the $$$.
Here's the link. Something you forgot to include: http://www.illinoisdreamfund.org/
Thanks for taking the time to show him up for the asss that he is. Nice that he included only what would justify his argument and left out the part that shows it as being specious. Of course, not really surprised at that...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
All the Dream Act does is allow illegal immigrants WHO MEET CERTAIN CONDITIONS and have been in the U.S. before they were 16 to ATTEND college -- not pay for it.
That's like saying since Mimi got a full scholarship, all women get free college.
2-3 years ago, California did something i could'nt believe....they passed a state bill that allowed illegal aliens to register at State Universitys, and pay at the lower in-state fees......i recall reading that and shaking my head......

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Do you have information on a program, that fund's illegal aliens free college education?.....
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Your full of sh*t.....as usual....
Go Blue Forever wrote:
This is YOUR POST.....PROVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT'S GO TO COLLEGE FOR FREE??????
Toj wrote:
Mimi Seattle wrote:
It's best to just assume he's full of sh|t 100% of the time.
I tweaked nothing. You all argued that illegal immigrants don't go to college for free. You've just been proven wrong.

It's okay to admit it. Really, it is. I won't even ask for an apology (mostly because I know I'll never get one.) At least your back-peddling might be entertaining. But hey, I'll bet you STILL doubt me the next time I make a claim about something. Woncha?

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to show him up for the asss that he is.
It really pzzzes you off that I'm right all the time, doesn't it? You shouldn't be such a hater. There's nothing wrong with learning something new every once in a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 85,961 - 85,980 of96,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE