dahgts

Chicago, IL

#87153 Jun 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Then prove it. Are some of you still suggesting I might be wrong about something? Have we learned nothing by now?
SWISMW....so wrong in so many ways.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#87154 Jun 13, 2013
You guys did okay this morning but come on... what happened? An hour and a half to go!

Miami, FL

#87155 Jun 13, 2013
Oh, never mind... we're finishing early. Woohoo!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#87156 Jun 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone loves to tell me how wrong I always am all the time, but no one can name one thing I've ever been wrong about. Can you?
I think I covered this a couple weeks ago when I said that you aren't worth the effort to even try. Of course I can. Did you speak (type)? Then you are wrong. Pretty self evident.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#87157 Jun 13, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several states that allow illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition at the State Universities. That isn't free, but it is a LOT cheaper than out of state tuition.
My problem with that is that to qualify for in-state tuition one must live and work in the state (or be a minor going to school there for several years, which assumes parents who are living and working there) which means that you are paying taxes to support the university already. Some illegal immigrants pay taxes through payroll taxes and it is possible to receive a number from the IRS that is different from a social security number so you can pay income tax, but I would guess that a good majority of them work for cash so that there is no record of them being in the country and I would be interested in seeing the number of illegal immigrants who don't go through the hassle of becoming citizens, but register with the IRS so they can give more money to the government.
It is a difficult situation, though, because the students who grew up here are not responsible for their parents' actions and this is their home country, if not technically then at least in spirit.
Clearly there is an economy where work is paid in cash. However, my experience is that the undocumented workers use someone else's SS#. the employer is therefore paying payroll taxes, making withholding etc. Whether the worker actually files a 1040 using the fake number is problematical. We don't hear much about the IRS telling someone that their tax return has already been filed unless it is a fraud to obtain the refund, not that multiple people are using the same number. I am basing that on press reports and my perceptions and would certainly be interested in seeing reliable reports to the contrary.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#87158 Jun 13, 2013
From the Illinois Dream Fund Organization:

"the Illinois Dream Fund Scholarship provides scholarships to undocumented students, who are incoming freshmen or current undergraduates that possess at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4 point scale)."

BOOYAAA!

Want some salt with that crow??

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87159 Jun 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
From the Illinois Dream Fund Organization:
"the Illinois Dream Fund Scholarship provides scholarships to undocumented students, who are incoming freshmen or current undergraduates that possess at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4 point scale)."
BOOYAAA!
Want some salt with that crow??
Nope. You tweeked that a bit. It actually says:

"With the generous offerings of private donors and in-kind donations, the Illinois Dream Fund Scholarship provides scholarships to undocumented students, who are incoming freshmen or current undergraduates that possess at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4 point scale)."

It's from PRIVATE DONORS. Private people can give who the heck they want the $$$.

Here's the link. Something you forgot to include: http://www.illinoisdreamfund.org/

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#87160 Jun 13, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You tweeked that a bit. It actually says:
"With the generous offerings of private donors and in-kind donations, the Illinois Dream Fund Scholarship provides scholarships to undocumented students, who are incoming freshmen or current undergraduates that possess at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4 point scale)."
It's from PRIVATE DONORS. Private people can give who the heck they want the $$$.
Here's the link. Something you forgot to include: http://www.illinoisdreamfund.org/
Thanks for taking the time to show him up for the asss that he is. Nice that he included only what would justify his argument and left out the part that shows it as being specious. Of course, not really surprised at that...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#87161 Jun 13, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
All the Dream Act does is allow illegal immigrants WHO MEET CERTAIN CONDITIONS and have been in the U.S. before they were 16 to ATTEND college -- not pay for it.
That's like saying since Mimi got a full scholarship, all women get free college.
2-3 years ago, California did something i could'nt believe....they passed a state bill that allowed illegal aliens to register at State Universitys, and pay at the lower in-state fees......i recall reading that and shaking my head......

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#87162 Jun 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Do you have information on a program, that fund's illegal aliens free college education?.....
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Your full of sh*t.....as usual....
Go Blue Forever wrote:
This is YOUR POST.....PROVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT'S GO TO COLLEGE FOR FREE??????
Toj wrote:
All the Dream Act does is allow illegal immigrants WHO MEET CERTAIN CONDITIONS and have been in the U.S. before they were 16 to ATTEND college -- not pay for it.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
It's best to just assume he's full of sh|t 100% of the time.
I tweaked nothing. You all argued that illegal immigrants don't go to college for free. You've just been proven wrong.

It's okay to admit it. Really, it is. I won't even ask for an apology (mostly because I know I'll never get one.) At least your back-peddling might be entertaining. But hey, I'll bet you STILL doubt me the next time I make a claim about something. Woncha?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#87163 Jun 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to show him up for the asss that he is.
It really pzzzes you off that I'm right all the time, doesn't it? You shouldn't be such a hater. There's nothing wrong with learning something new every once in a while.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#87164 Jun 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for taking the time to show him up for the asss that he is. Nice that he included only what would justify his argument and left out the part that shows it as being specious. Of course, not really surprised at that...
Ya, I figured so I had to look. I copied what he wrote, put it in google and got the result.

Does he really think we'll just swallow whatever he says?

Sometimes we all can be mistaken. It's too many times for him to be "mistaken". It's more towards pure misrepresentation and, at times, out and out fiction.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#87165 Jun 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I tweaked nothing. You all argued that illegal immigrants don't go to college for free. You've just been proven wrong.
It's okay to admit it. Really, it is. I won't even ask for an apology (mostly because I know I'll never get one.) At least your back-peddling might be entertaining. But hey, I'll bet you STILL doubt me the next time I make a claim about something. Woncha?
All illegal aliens who want to cannot go to college for free. There is no government funded program that pays their tuition.

Private individuals and private scholarship funds are quite another thing.

You wre alluding that the government was paying with your tax money for illegal immigrants to go to college for free.

You said you wish you could go to college for free.

You have the same chance as they do b/c there are plenty of private scholarships. You have to qualify. You have to apply. Not every person qualifies.

So no back pedalling. No one has proven me wrong.

Now, you were proven to tweak a quotation but you deny it.

We can read.

We know you tweaked it. Say you didn't. It doesn't make you any less of a person who misrepresents things to the people who read those posts.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#87166 Jun 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are an absolute CLOWN..........Must be a low-information voter, i hear about....

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#87167 Jun 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It allows illegal aliens to apply for privately funded assistance. Assistance that I, as a legal resident, do not qualify for.
Is THIS what you're crying about? Do you know how nuts you are? You're miffed that you can't qualify for something that an illegal resident qualifies for?

Well, honey, you don't qualify for a whole lot of things so start your bitchin.

But you might qualify for the "Whites only" scholarship in Iowa. Really. There's a school that has a scholarship but you have to be caucasian.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#87168 Jun 13, 2013
squishymama wrote:
forgetting my locker combination.
I wouldn't say it's panic or a nightmare, but I have that dream too.

Another common theme is that I signed up for a class that I forgot to drop and that I haven't gone to one time all semester and final exams are approaching. I have that one A LOT. That one IS panic.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#87169 Jun 13, 2013
So, the news just reported that the new fad among Japanese middle school students that is spreading to the U.S. is - eyeball licking.

I won't even link to it because all of the links show pictures.

<shiver>

Location hidden

#87170 Jun 13, 2013
Lmao, I typed my dream description into google and there is a whole psychology article about it:

http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/radical-tea...

^^^^ that's my dream. I hate it.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#87171 Jun 13, 2013
Toj wrote:
All illegal aliens who want to cannot go to college for free.
Right. Only the ones who are incoming freshman or undergrads.
Toj wrote:
There is no government funded program that pays their tuition.
Never said there was.
Toj wrote:
You wre alluding that the government was paying with your tax money for illegal immigrants to go to college for free.
I alluded to no such thing.
Toj wrote:
So no back pedalling. No one has proven me wrong.
You're back pedaling right now. And you just WERE proven wrong.
Toj wrote:
Now, you were proven to tweak a quotation but you deny it.
We can read.
We know you tweaked it. Say you didn't.
That was a direct copy and paste. Please show me what I tweaked.

Location hidden

#87172 Jun 13, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Realtime 1,110,313
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min LRS 178,049
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min Jonah1 49,838
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min mdbuilder 46,657
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 55 min MalignantNarcissi... 5
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 1 hr ThisWhatAlGorpMeant 4
FLOOD of illegal alien kids explained. 1 hr YaGottaWatchAndReply 2
Amy 9-16 1 hr ralph 58
Amy 9-18 1 hr Stina2 21
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE