|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I felt a weeeensy bit bad for all those Bruins fans that had to stay up until 1 a.m. only to be horribly disappointed. But then I was so fired up, I don't think I fell asleep until an hour and a half after the game ended anyway.
Oh heck no! I didn't feel bad for the Bruins fans. I was excited the Hawks won.

They better win in regulation time next work day night game. Screwing up my sleep!

Get game, though.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Triple OT! I didn't make it but a few minutes into 1OT so I checked the score this morning and texted my friend who you met... totally forgot about the time difference. She just answered me a few minutes ago.
:)
I watched the whole thing. It made the ending that much better b/c I really need to get some sleep.

It was like: Yes! Okay. Now I have to settle down and sleep.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why the hell did I pay for college like a sucker?!
Whereas if I was an illegal immigrant or other minority, I'd have gone for free.
Next thing you know, people are gonna start wanting free healthcare.
I'm smelling a scam.
If you went to an Illinois university that wasn't private, you woule have paid tons more if it wasn't funded.

As for the illegal immigrnat status or other minority, you're just being crazy.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I can only speak for NJ, but the words are used interchangeably here and while it can be awarded, it rarely is.
http://www.njdivorceonline.com/njpages/Alimon...
Okay. You're probably right. I can't speak for everyone. I just know someone who just went through a divorce, married 25 years. Has to pay her husband maintenance and he works and earns $100,000 a year -- but she makes a lot more. And he gets half her 401k and all her retirement things. And he doesn't pay child support. He doesn't have to.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
VofM
Did you read it? The act doesn't pay for college, it paves the way for legal status, as long as certain requirements are met. One of which is going to college, the other is military service. As a matter of fact, they are not even eligible for Pell Grants, which you were. As far as I can tell states are passing this separately.
Oh yes, they must be a good moral character, which you, fortunately, didn't have to prove.
It allows illegal aliens to apply for privately funded assistance. Assistance that I, as a legal resident, do not qualify for.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

http://www.today.com/money/dunkin-donuts-work...

Wow. Class act. And she filmed it!

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

I'm waiting for the service guy from the TV company to get here. They have 15 minutes left in the window or I get a $20 credit.

It is now pouring rain and I am sympathetic to anyone who has to work outside or drive around from site to site in this weather. Still, I have to pick up E from school around 11.45, so I don't have a lot of time to deal with their delays.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's called the Dream Act. Look into it.
Your full of sh*t.....as usual....

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
http://www.today.com/money/dun kin-donuts-workers-who-endured -racist-rant-will-be-honored-6 C10292329#dunkin-donuts-worker s-who-endured-racist-rant-will -be-honored-6C10292329

Wow. Class act. And she filmed it!
Wow! I looked up the video. There are so many things wrong with her.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Things I don't need to read about on FB - that today is your mammogram appointment. That doesn't invite discussion, it just tells us too much about your private life.

Go to Topix (or another forum) if you want to have a discussion about thoughts and concerns regarding your mammogram.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Things I don't need to read about on FB - that today is your mammogram appointment. That doesn't invite discussion, it just tells us too much about your private life.
Go to Topix (or another forum) if you want to have a discussion about thoughts and concerns regarding your mammogram.
I've got a friend giving the play by play on what she can and cannot eat in her first trimester of pregnancy right now and what the various foods do to her.

I'm happy she's finally pregnant, but sheesh. Can't *wait* for pics of the kid's first diaper blowout.

Also, she was posting about foods before she even announced she was pregnant. So we all had to feign surprise when she did announce it.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It allows illegal aliens to apply for privately funded assistance. Assistance that I, as a legal resident, do not qualify for.
Bullsh|t! You can apply for anything you want to apply for. PRIVATELY funded means just that...NOT TAXES!!! It is a private loan. If you qualify, you qualify, if you don't you don't and the criteria is up to the lender and not mandated by the government.

ALL universities have financial aid, some public (all "University of....'s" rely on tax dollars because they are public (read: not privately) funded so that everyone has access to an education, but even uber private universities (e.g Princeton) offer financial aid packages if they want you badly enough. I know this because no way no how can I pay the 65K per year they want, but they are offering me full private (read: not taxes) funding for grad school.

Did you even go to college?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Facebook is the devil's plaything. My friend J had a minor meltdown over her new boyfriend's ex "liking" stuff on his page. My friend L has a friend who posted a very passive-aggressive and immature comment about her recently (it doesn't name names, but L and I both knew it was about her).

Jasper and PMS became Facebook-official a few days ago.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Oh, and did I tell you guys that they moved in together?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
That probably won't last. Too quick.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Your full of sh*t.....as usual....
Then prove it. Are some of you still suggesting I might be wrong about something? Have we learned nothing by now?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Wow, he just doesn't learn.

Go Brewers!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why the hell did I pay for college like a sucker?!
Whereas if I was an illegal immigrant or other minority, I'd have gone for free.
Next thing you know, people are gonna start wanting free healthcare.
I'm smelling a scam.
This is YOUR POST.....PROVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT'S GO TO COLLEGE FOR FREE??????

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Facebook is the devil's plaything. My friend J had a minor meltdown over her new boyfriend's ex "liking" stuff on his page. My friend L has a friend who posted a very passive-aggressive and immature comment about her recently (it doesn't name names, but L and I both knew it was about her).

Jasper and PMS became Facebook-official a few days ago.
I am FB friends with my Dad's cousin. He posts the most vile things about his sisters and their families, blaming them for his father's death and claiming they are taking advantage of his mother (who divides the year between their houses). I don't know if he doesn't realize that everyone can see his rants or just doesn't care.

He is such a train wreck that I can't bring myself to unfriend him, though.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Hmmm, that seems awfully fast.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 min andet1987 4,568
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques from Ottawa 175,131
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Patrick 1,083,677
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 33 min Terry rigsby 49,010
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 45,892
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr gauntlet 305
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr nono 3,849
Amy 7-30 2 hr Julie 20
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search