“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#87129 Jun 13, 2013
I'm waiting for the service guy from the TV company to get here. They have 15 minutes left in the window or I get a $20 credit.

It is now pouring rain and I am sympathetic to anyone who has to work outside or drive around from site to site in this weather. Still, I have to pick up E from school around 11.45, so I don't have a lot of time to deal with their delays.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#87130 Jun 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's called the Dream Act. Look into it.
Your full of sh*t.....as usual....

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#87131 Jun 13, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://www.today.com/money/dun kin-donuts-workers-who-endured -racist-rant-will-be-honored-6 C10292329#dunkin-donuts-worker s-who-endured-racist-rant-will -be-honored-6C10292329

Wow. Class act. And she filmed it!
Wow! I looked up the video. There are so many things wrong with her.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#87132 Jun 13, 2013
Things I don't need to read about on FB - that today is your mammogram appointment. That doesn't invite discussion, it just tells us too much about your private life.

Go to Topix (or another forum) if you want to have a discussion about thoughts and concerns regarding your mammogram.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#87133 Jun 13, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Things I don't need to read about on FB - that today is your mammogram appointment. That doesn't invite discussion, it just tells us too much about your private life.
Go to Topix (or another forum) if you want to have a discussion about thoughts and concerns regarding your mammogram.
I've got a friend giving the play by play on what she can and cannot eat in her first trimester of pregnancy right now and what the various foods do to her.

I'm happy she's finally pregnant, but sheesh. Can't *wait* for pics of the kid's first diaper blowout.

Also, she was posting about foods before she even announced she was pregnant. So we all had to feign surprise when she did announce it.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#87134 Jun 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It allows illegal aliens to apply for privately funded assistance. Assistance that I, as a legal resident, do not qualify for.
Bullsh|t! You can apply for anything you want to apply for. PRIVATELY funded means just that...NOT TAXES!!! It is a private loan. If you qualify, you qualify, if you don't you don't and the criteria is up to the lender and not mandated by the government.

ALL universities have financial aid, some public (all "University of....'s" rely on tax dollars because they are public (read: not privately) funded so that everyone has access to an education, but even uber private universities (e.g Princeton) offer financial aid packages if they want you badly enough. I know this because no way no how can I pay the 65K per year they want, but they are offering me full private (read: not taxes) funding for grad school.

Did you even go to college?

Miami, FL

#87135 Jun 13, 2013
Facebook is the devil's plaything. My friend J had a minor meltdown over her new boyfriend's ex "liking" stuff on his page. My friend L has a friend who posted a very passive-aggressive and immature comment about her recently (it doesn't name names, but L and I both knew it was about her).

Jasper and PMS became Facebook-official a few days ago.

Miami, FL

#87136 Jun 13, 2013
Oh, and did I tell you guys that they moved in together?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87137 Jun 13, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
That probably won't last. Too quick.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#87138 Jun 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Your full of sh*t.....as usual....
Then prove it. Are some of you still suggesting I might be wrong about something? Have we learned nothing by now?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#87139 Jun 13, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Wow, he just doesn't learn.

Go Brewers!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#87141 Jun 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why the hell did I pay for college like a sucker?!
Whereas if I was an illegal immigrant or other minority, I'd have gone for free.
Next thing you know, people are gonna start wanting free healthcare.
I'm smelling a scam.
This is YOUR POST.....PROVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT'S GO TO COLLEGE FOR FREE??????

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#87142 Jun 13, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Facebook is the devil's plaything. My friend J had a minor meltdown over her new boyfriend's ex "liking" stuff on his page. My friend L has a friend who posted a very passive-aggressive and immature comment about her recently (it doesn't name names, but L and I both knew it was about her).

Jasper and PMS became Facebook-official a few days ago.
I am FB friends with my Dad's cousin. He posts the most vile things about his sisters and their families, blaming them for his father's death and claiming they are taking advantage of his mother (who divides the year between their houses). I don't know if he doesn't realize that everyone can see his rants or just doesn't care.

He is such a train wreck that I can't bring myself to unfriend him, though.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#87143 Jun 13, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Hmmm, that seems awfully fast.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#87144 Jun 13, 2013
I'm at my favorite dive Mexican place, alone, playing on my phone, and a guy walked in, also alone, booping around on his phone, and he ordered the exact same thing as me.

White people, lol.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#87145 Jun 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Then prove it. Are some of you still suggesting I might be wrong about something? Have we learned nothing by now?
All the Dream Act does is allow illegal immigrants WHO MEET CERTAIN CONDITIONS and have been in the U.S. before they were 16 to ATTEND college -- not pay for it.

That's like saying since Mimi got a full scholarship, all women get free college.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#87146 Jun 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Then prove it. Are some of you still suggesting I might be wrong about something? Have we learned nothing by now?
There are several states that allow illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition at the State Universities. That isn't free, but it is a LOT cheaper than out of state tuition.

My problem with that is that to qualify for in-state tuition one must live and work in the state (or be a minor going to school there for several years, which assumes parents who are living and working there) which means that you are paying taxes to support the university already. Some illegal immigrants pay taxes through payroll taxes and it is possible to receive a number from the IRS that is different from a social security number so you can pay income tax, but I would guess that a good majority of them work for cash so that there is no record of them being in the country and I would be interested in seeing the number of illegal immigrants who don't go through the hassle of becoming citizens, but register with the IRS so they can give more money to the government.

It is a difficult situation, though, because the students who grew up here are not responsible for their parents' actions and this is their home country, if not technically then at least in spirit.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#87147 Jun 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>This is YOUR POST.....PROVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT'S GO TO COLLEGE FOR FREE??????
Yeah, good luck with that. He is the epitome of posting BS, being asked to back it up, and then demanding that we prove him wrong. It's best to just assume he's full of sh|t 100% of the time.

Miami, FL

#87149 Jun 13, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I'm at my favorite dive Mexican place, alone, playing on my phone, and a guy walked in, also alone, booping around on his phone, and he ordered the exact same thing as me.
White people, lol.
I refer to us as gringos/gringas to my Spanish friends.
:)

Miami, FL

#87150 Jun 13, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That probably won't last. Too quick.
He originally told me it would be around the end of the summer, but then mysteriously the person she's leasing from needs the place back so she had to move out now. Not sure if I buy that. ;)

I think it's too quick considering she has an 11yo daughter (who's spending the summer in MD with her dad, so she technically won't be there for the first 2 months-ish). But no one asked for my input, so... whatever. I do wish Jasper the best and if this doesn't work out, I hope he learns from it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min No Surprize 1,154,553
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Edmond Pulpo 181,937
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,897
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,138
French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) 1 hr dango64 6
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 1 hr barefoot2626 25
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014 51,266
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:21 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:21PM