Gee Dubya!
a former drunk now on the wagon. Diet Root beer lite, perhaps

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#86307 May 31, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, about that, it wasn't just one person and that particular party is not the same as the modern day incarnation. I'd rather Nixon than what we have now.
No.
I remember him as much for imposing wage and price controls as for underhanded tactics

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86309 May 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And which party ended slavery and granted civil rights? And gave women the right to vote?
Damn those facts... getting in the way of liberal reality...
Which party's House member's legislated to stall our economic recovery? Which party cannot transend, the last two elections? Which party put's their partisan, political agenda ahead of the good of the country?

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#86310 May 31, 2013
All of them...
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Which party's House member's legislated to stall our economic recovery? Which party cannot transend, the last two elections? Which party put's their partisan, political agenda ahead of the good of the country?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86311 May 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And which party ended slavery and granted civil rights? And gave women the right to vote?
Damn those facts... getting in the way of liberal reality...
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed by a Congress that had a majority of Democrats in both houses, and with a Democrat president.

And the Democrats from the South then became Republicans out of disgust.

Location hidden

#86312 May 31, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, about that, it wasn't just one person and that particular party is not the same as the modern day incarnation. I'd rather Nixon than what we have now.
NO doubt. Of COURSE he doesn't get that the parties have evolved. THe REpublican party of Lincoln's day is vastly different than the Republican party we have today.

Location hidden

#86313 May 31, 2013
I'll go get the columns posted.

Location hidden

#86314 May 31, 2013

Location hidden

#86315 May 31, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#86316 May 31, 2013
Thanks Red

Location hidden

#86317 May 31, 2013
Yw. Happy friday, folks!:)

Location hidden

#86318 May 31, 2013
Be sure to check out google today and click on all the petri dishes!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86319 May 31, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Dubya!
Heh. I thought you'd pick Reagan or Nixon.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#86320 May 31, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
That was funny and sad at the same time. Who did that mall cop think she was? Clint Eastwood?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#86321 May 31, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Be sure to check out google today and click on all the petri dishes!
Cool. And that is why I use a paper towel to open up the bathroom door before coming out and going back to work.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#86322 May 31, 2013
Happy Friday!

A week from today, I'll be heading to Chicago. Looks like I can pretty easily get from O'Hare to downtown via the CTA blue line... true? Any idea how long that trip will take?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#86323 May 31, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Happy Friday!
A week from today, I'll be heading to Chicago. Looks like I can pretty easily get from O'Hare to downtown via the CTA blue line... true? Any idea how long that trip will take?
Very true. ABout 40 minutes. Here, check out this link. It should be helpful.

http://www.transitchicago.com/airports/

I work about 2 blocks from a Loop Blue Line stop.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#86324 May 31, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Happy Friday!
I haven't done it years, but I'm guessing it will take about half an hour, maybe a little more if it's rush hour.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#86325 May 31, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. ABout 40 minutes. Here, check out this link. It should be helpful.
http://www.transitchicago.com/airports/
I work about 2 blocks from a Loop Blue Line stop.
Thanks!

Looks like my best bet for the weekend overall is the 3-day transit pass so I don't have to worry about it. Just to make sure I'm not having a blonde moment, it says it's calculated in 24-hour periods so if I buy one on Friday afternoon, I'll be good through Monday morning when I leave, right?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#86326 May 31, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
NO doubt. Of COURSE he doesn't get that the parties have evolved. THe REpublican party of Lincoln's day is vastly different than the Republican party we have today.
Ahem...

Yesterday's Democrats: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

Today's Democrats: "My country owes me free birth control, my country owes me free healthcare, my country owes me free food, free housing, free education...."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 48 min Shh 12,231
Trump is A 55 min Independent Thinker 614
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 1,745,678
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr Black Ice 72,074
What are the best adult dating sites in Chicago ? 6 hr Big Gay Al 5
News Shooting victim's funeral in Evanston erupts in... (Mar '08) 15 hr GANG banger whoop... 81
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 15 hr Nice guy 2,573

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages