Topix Chitown Regulars

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86279 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."
This presumes the existence of an all mighty creator. If you believe, good for you, no skin off my nose until you try to IMPOSE your beliefs on me, whether it be by preaching at me, praying for me, trying to make me "see the light," or making laws that must be obeyed which are based on your belief system. That by the way is called a "theocracy" not a democracy or a republic.

Obama might be personally responsible for all of the ills of this country, even the ones that are a direct result of policy that was put into effect before he was even born, but so far we are still a republic.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86281 May 30, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you know by now, if ONE school administrator makes a silly decision to not say the pledge, that automatically equates to "THE PLEDGE HAS BEEN BANNED! THE PLEDGE HAS BEEN BANNED!THE PLEDGE HAS BEEN BANNED!"
/forehead smack

Damn, you're right. When WILL I get on board with things? Guess maybe I need to go buy a tin foil hat so I can quit missing out on all of the most recent anti-Christian, anti-American, Obama-is-ans-evil-Muslim-who-w as-born-in-Kenya-and-has-a-sec ret-agenda-to-bring-down-the-U S bandwagon.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86282 May 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Does anyone else think it's weird that Sub and sam disappeared at the same time? I am NOT saying that i think they were the same person. I don't think that.
DId sam give a sayonara that I missed?
No, I don't think it's weird. It was quite uncomfortable around here and I don't blame anyone for disappearing. Some b/c they were so freaky, others probably b/c they didn't want to be around the freaky posts.(shrug) People sometimes forget that it's okay that other people have differences of opinion and that fact is a good thing, actually. It would be quite boring if we all agreed all the time.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#86283 May 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
While edog quoted mostly mis-speaks, you quote some actual, batant LIES.
I will say that most politians at least stretch the truth to serve their needs. Some are worse than others. The Mitt thing was ridiculous.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#86284 May 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
i think Dubya was the worst president we ever had. An idiot. A horrible politician. A failed businessman.
BUT: I also believe he was a good baseball team owner (I read a book by a long-time baseball coach and he gave examples of good and bad owners, and bush was VERY good).
And of all the living presidents, while I think Clinton is very smart and interesting, I think Bush would be the best one to have a beer with (if he weren't a recovered alcoholic).
Seriously? Hmmm. I can appreciate that but I wouldn't want to go with you.

Living or dead -- which President would you want to have a beer with? I think Clinton would be eyeing the ladies too much and it would be uncomfortable. Maybe Teddy Roosevelt for me.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#86285 May 30, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Everyone who speaks in public flubs it. Everyone, no exceptions. The guys in IN and MO who lost their elections did not flub remarks, they spoke what they believed . It was their beliefs and opinions that got them in trouble with the electorate, not a dumb tongue flub.
Seriously? THIS is your argument??! If you're a democrat and say something stupid, you're just flubbing your remarks. If you're Republican, they spoke what they believed. REALLY? This is your defense?! Really?... Wonder why you people are losing votes....

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#86286 May 30, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
has-a-secret-agenda-to-bring-d own-the-US.
Doin a pretty good job so far, huh??

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#86287 May 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
While edog quoted mostly mis-speaks
Mis-speaks. Hmmm. Maybe Debbie Wasserman "misspoke" when she said she didn't understand why the GOP was treating illegal immigration like it was some sort of a crime?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86288 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? THIS is your argument??! If you're a democrat and say something stupid, you're just flubbing your remarks. If you're Republican, they spoke what they believed. REALLY? This is your defense?! Really?... Wonder why you people are losing votes....
Do you not get it on purpose?

Bush told some blatant lies.

He also just had some mis-speaks, that all people in the public eye have. I did not pick at Bush for those. They seemed natural to me -- in that, many people in his situation might flub some lines.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#86289 May 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Does anyone else think it's weird that Sub and sam disappeared at the same time? I am NOT saying that i think they were the same person. I don't think that.
DId sam give a sayonara that I missed?
Yes, I don't think that either, and not that I ever saw.

Location hidden

#86290 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Mis-speaks. Hmmm. Maybe Debbie Wasserman "misspoke" when she said she didn't understand why the GOP was treating illegal immigration like it was some sort of a crime?
You didn't quote her int hat rant of yours.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#86291 May 30, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
That by the way is called a "theocracy" not a democracy or a republic.
See. Thought a "democracy" was run by the people, for the people, and of the people. And majority ruled.

What's the majority religion of the country?

What does the majority feel about Obamacare?

What does the majority want do to about immigration?

And millionaires make up ten percent of the overall population but 98% of congress. Of the people and for the people? Where's those 99 percenters now?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86292 May 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks too long and too serious to watch right now, but I bookmarked, and also sent it to Nick. I look forward to watching it.
Having said that, I've believed since HS that college athletes should get vouchers for a free college education, since an education isn't their priority when they're pursuing that NCAA college sports career.
Schools sure take 'em in and churn 'em out, seems only fair that since the NFL gets a free training ground that the actual players get something out of it, since most don't have long careers.
Too long? Its about 5 minutes. Its sort of a promotional video of the documentary this guy would LIKE to make. Kind of highlights some of the student athlete issues he'd delve into. While I doubt I'll be donating to his kick starter fund, I hope he gets the funding he needs. Looks like it would be a really compelling inside look.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#86293 May 30, 2013
Toj wrote:
Living or dead -- which President would you want to have a beer with?
Clinton

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#86294 May 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
You didn't quote her int hat rant of yours.
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/dnc-chair...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#86295 May 30, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton
Gee Dubya!

Location hidden

#86297 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
See. Thought a "democracy" was run by the people, for the people, and of the people. And majority ruled.
What's the majority religion of the country?
What does the majority feel about Obamacare?
What does the majority want do to about immigration?
And millionaires make up ten percent of the overall population but 98% of congress. Of the people and for the people? Where's those 99 percenters now?
If we went by "majority rules," blacks wouldn't have gotten the right to vote, the right to equal protection under the law, equal access.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#86298 May 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If we went by "majority rules," blacks wouldn't have gotten the right to vote, the right to equal protection under the law, equal access.
you think that bothers him?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#86299 May 30, 2013

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#86300 May 30, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,483,667
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Dr Guru 234,614
abby1-23-17 45 min Sublime1 7
"Wooden Girl" a bit Weird 52 min Great for Halloween 1
News Shootings, homicides in Chicago both higher tha... 57 min former democrat 1
Meryl Streep is a worthless know nothing bitch. 1 hr Bella Zia 12
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 62,982

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages