“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#86190 May 29, 2013
Toj wrote:
Well, obviously you're just not desparate enough. If I was without a job and didn't have a wife and kid, i'd take a job wherever I could find a good one.
I wouldn't mind relocating, but the problem is a "good" job is hard to come by right now.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#86191 May 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This should be the last one. We've got a two week shut-down in July, but I'll probably just burn vacation time for that. Don't want to deal with unemployment anymore.
That's rough. If I ever meet you IRL, I'll buy you a beer. Maybe two.
People were good to me when I was on unemployment a couple years ago after my company was acquired. Consider it a pay back.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#86192 May 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't mind relocating, but the problem is a "good" job is hard to come by right now.
Look down here. We've been relatively immune to economic problems.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#86193 May 29, 2013
I thought all of you chi-peeps had met already.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>That's rough. If I ever meet you IRL, I'll buy you a beer. Maybe two.
People were good to me when I was on unemployment a couple years ago after my company was acquired. Consider it a pay back.

Neda, stay with me!

#86194 May 29, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#86195 May 29, 2013
RACE wrote:
I thought all of you chi-peeps had met already.
<quoted text>
Not me.

I used to work very near one person and we would walk at lunch occasionally. I have met another twice.

Thinking about it, there are not that many any more who are actually in Chicago or immediate vicinity.

I assume you've noticed that Sam has been gone for a month or so now.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86196 May 29, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes sense. I just see Redbox as ONE MORE THING I have to *do.*
I don't think I've ever returned a movie on time. I was always paying late fees. One night, my fees were probably $30. I said I'd pay that in full, pay for my rental, and said "add $20 for the charity thing" (they let customers pay for movie/game rentals for the children's hospital), and they took the whole $30 fine off after I offered the $20 donation.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#86197 May 29, 2013
RACE wrote:
I don't agree with Rick Perry on much but props to him on this one.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86198 May 29, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Redbox is too much trouble. DVR...On Demand...Net Flix,*other* online movie downloads... No fuss, no muss, no waiting in line behind trailer trash (sorry, maybe not, but your description puts me in mind of that) to browse movies.
Redbox is awesome and for the right price.

We get redbox only on the weekends, if that. So at a buck a movie, lets say $4-$6 a month.

DVR will not get you movies unless you subscribe to HBO or one of the other premium channels.
On demand?$4 a movie? Hells no.
Netflix? If we get to the point where we are consistently watching enough movies that it becomes cheaper to do that than Redbox, we'll consider it then. I have redbox kiosks near me at 7-11, CVS, walmart, walgreens, publix. 3 of them are outdoors, so I don't even need to stop if it looks like a line. Just continue on to a different location.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86199 May 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't live in Shitcago if you paid me. Didn't realize they had solved their unemployment problem.
So you attribute your ability to fin work to the sitting president and not to your own skills? Perhaps that's part of your problem.

Neda, stay with me!

#86200 May 29, 2013
Beetlejuice..Beetlejuice...Mff mmsss (shhhhhhh!) Dont ruin it for me.

I believe you have met squishy and Sub. I seem to remember you guys talking about it.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you've noticed that Sam has been gone for a month or so now.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#86201 May 29, 2013
RACE wrote:
And hark, it's opposed by the ACLU.

I'm glad about this law but find it ridiculous to have to pass legislation so 80% of the country can celebrate its beliefs. I find it equally disturbing that the Supreme Court had to rule to end Chicago's handgun ban and an appeals court to end Illinois conceal carry ban. The rights of religion and the Second Amendment should not have been taken away in the first place.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#86202 May 29, 2013
RACE wrote:
Beetlejuice..Beetlejuice...Mff mmsss (shhhhhhh!) Dont ruin it for me.
I believe you have met squishy and Sub. I seem to remember you guys talking about it.
<quoted text>
Sub's not in Chicago any more, but yes, I have met him and Bambi and Squishy... and Aisle Sitter

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#86203 May 29, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
So you attribute your ability to fin work to the sitting president and not to your own skills? Perhaps that's part of your problem.
Yes. My skills are fine. It's the sitting president's economic policies that are preventing business growth and job creation. Weren't you the same people blaming Bush for the financial collapse of 08?

And during Bush, I landed a good paying job, was promoted, bought a house, and eeked out a pretty decent living. In the last five years I've seen a loss of income, layoffs, and I'm at risk of losing my house. Just sayin....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86204 May 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, Obama's not to blame for anything. I mean, he's only the president.
He's not to blame for YOU being expendable. That's all on you babe.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#86205 May 29, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Look down here. We've been relatively immune to economic problems.
I went through Bloomington last weekend heading for a wedding in Decatur. Looked for ya, but didn't see you anywhere. Seemed like business was pretty booming. Maybe I can land a job as a barista at Starbucks or an insurance agent at State Farm....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#86206 May 29, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>That's rough. If I ever meet you IRL, I'll buy you a beer. Maybe two.
If you REALLY want to help, make my car or house payment! Or let me move into your basement.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#86207 May 29, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Redbox is awesome and for the right price.
We get redbox only on the weekends, if that. So at a buck a movie, lets say $4-$6 a month.
DVR will not get you movies unless you subscribe to HBO or one of the other premium channels.
On demand?$4 a movie? Hells no.
Netflix? If we get to the point where we are consistently watching enough movies that it becomes cheaper to do that than Redbox, we'll consider it then. I have redbox kiosks near me at 7-11, CVS, walmart, walgreens, publix. 3 of them are outdoors, so I don't even need to stop if it looks like a line. Just continue on to a different location.
I have HBO and Starz so I get those movies plus Encore and the "Free Movies" option. I get something like 200 channels, even though I really only watch like 3 of them. <shrug>

I know, I know, gotta cut the Comcast habit. But they will take my DVR when they pry it from my cold dead fingers. I freaking LOVE that thing.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#86208 May 29, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So you attribute your ability to fin work to the sitting president and not to your own skills? Perhaps that's part of your problem.
Right? Right?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#86209 May 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If you REALLY want to help, make my car or house payment! Or let me move into your basement.
That would be interesting to explain to my husband

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min sonicfilter 1,110,498
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Scrutiny 178,178
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 1 hr Mr oH 10
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,415
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr mahz 49,895
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,732
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,722
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search