Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#86256 May 30, 2013
Toj wrote:
I judged it "mean" just to get the frowny face (as in "feel your disappointment"), not to judge your post as mean.
I judged it as brilliant because I'm glad she's not going. Hope she voted for Obama, because he's likely the reason! You get what you voted for, folks! Wait til you go on Obamacare, you only have yourselves to thank. Just wish you weren't dragging down the rest of us.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86257 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a case where one school did the Islam prayer service over the intercom system to pacify the few muslims in that school. Amidst the outrage were calls for "tolerance."
Yet the pledge of allegiance has been banned....
<quoted text>
Yet you support sex education, GAY sex education, starting at kindergarten? And all laws regarding the "age of consent" should also be banned? Children of any age are mature enough to make decisions about sex, just so long as they're not "indoctrinated" with anything that might involve a religion? Well, Christianity, anyway. Islam, Judaism, Wiccan, and any other religion is just fine.... We're trying to teach our children about sex and gayness. Christianity shouldn't be getting in the way!
IF that happened it was illegal. Unless yanno it was a private religious school. HOWEVER, you are fullofshit. Prove it.

The pledge of allegiance has not been banned.

Don't presume to tell me what I favor. You don't know me. You are however right that IMO Christianity...AND ALL OTHER RELIGIONS shouldn't get in the way of life. IMO (ymmv) they are all based on fear, ignorance, and prejudice.

"....Quick to judge,
Quick to anger,
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand..."

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#86258 May 30, 2013
They say there is strangeness too dangerous in our theater's and book store shelves.
Those who know whats best for us must try to save us from ourselves..
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
IF that happened it was illegal. Unless yanno it was a private religious school. HOWEVER, you are fullofshit. Prove it.
Don't presume to tell me what I favor. You don't know me. You are however right that IMO Christianity...AND ALL OTHER RELIGIONS shouldn't get in the way of life. IMO (ymmv) they are all based on fear, ignorance, and prejudice.
"....Quick to judge,
Quick to anger,
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand..."

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#86259 May 30, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I keep up on it. I just laid in a hundred pounds of Halal meat the other day. I cook for people during Ramadan so....
The mosque over here by me is really small. Except for the sign out front no one would even know it's a mosque. The husband goes there. He says lots of people that go there are pretty poor. Not poor like me poor, but way poor, so I make food for Ramadan (mostly chicken, rice, salads, and msemen) and regularly scour the pantry for stuff to send over there.
Making a difference that I can see instead of just anonymous donations. <shrug>
That's very christian of you.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist making the joke. But really, you are doing a nice thing by helping.

And what is msemen?
Mimi

United States

#86261 May 30, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very christian of you.
I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist making the joke. But really, you are doing a nice thing by helping.
And what is msemen?
LOL ppl at the pho shop are wondering why I'm laughing.

Madmen is just a (Moroccan style) flat bread. Like tortillas, naan, etc., just really really GOOD (better) when made by hand.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#86262 May 30, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
ALL OTHER RELIGIONS shouldn't get in the way of life. IMO (ymmv) they are all based on fear, ignorance, and prejudice.
And here I thought they were based on faith and belief.

"More and more people care about religious tolerance as fewer and fewer care about religion."

"There are many of us that are willing to do great things for the Lord, but few of us are willing to do little things."

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86263 May 30, 2013
Couldn't resist:

Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.
John F. Kennedy

“Religion is like a pair of shoes.....Find one that fits for you, but don't make me wear your shoes.”
&#8213; George Carlin

“It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”
&#8213; Thomas Jefferson

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86264 May 30, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Damn. My India trip has been delayed yet again, this time without a new target travel date. Argh.
I hope you have a great trip, have you been there before?....I was on a PanAm pass, years ago...the Clipper, a 747 that went around the world....got off in Bombay with my bag....looked around outside, and ran back on the plane and went to Thailand....lol....1st impressions, eh?....the saying, Assault on the senses...come's to mind....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86265 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I judged it as brilliant because I'm glad she's not going. Hope she voted for Obama, because he's likely the reason! You get what you voted for, folks! Wait til you go on Obamacare, you only have yourselves to thank. Just wish you weren't dragging down the rest of us.
I voted for an overall, slow-moving economic recovery...a resurgence in auto sales, retail sales, consumer confidence, dow jones, home construction, building permits and factory orders.....Just what America needed.........

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86266 May 30, 2013
Paraphrasing a good quote I read today:

Get a man who believes in one god to explain to you how he came to reject all the other gods, and maybe he'll understand how I came to reject his specific god.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86267 May 30, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Don't you know by now, if ONE school administrator makes a silly decision to not say the pledge, that automatically equates to "THE PLEDGE HAS BEEN BANNED! THE PLEDGE HAS BEEN BANNED!THE PLEDGE HAS BEEN BANNED!"

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86268 May 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
They say there is strangeness too dangerous in our theater's and book store shelves.
Those who know whats best for us must try to save us from ourselves..
<quoted text>
As I was looking for what obviously had to be Rush lyrics, I came across this. You'll like the title of the blog.

http://rush2life.blogspot.com/

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#86269 May 30, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you know by now, if ONE school administrator makes a silly decision to not say the pledge, that automatically equates to "THE PLEDGE HAS BEEN BANNED! THE PLEDGE HAS BEEN BANNED!THE PLEDGE HAS BEEN BANNED!"
If ONE republican candidate who loses his election says a woman's reproductive organs shut down during a [email protected], means ALL Republicans feel this way. Dare I get started on the comments your liberal leaders have made?...

Joe Biden on culturalism: "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

Barack Obama: "I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?"

John Kerry on the troops: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Congressman Hank Johnson on Guam: "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize"

Rosie O'Donnell: "Don't fear the terrorists. They're mothers and fathers."

Barack Obama on a tornado that killed twelve people: "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died - an entire town destroyed"

Biden on the economy: "The number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S."

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#86271 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If ONE republican candidate who loses his election says a woman's reproductive organs shut down during a [email protected], means ALL Republicans feel this way. Dare I get started on the comments your liberal leaders have made?...
Joe Biden on culturalism: "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."
Barack Obama: "I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?"
John Kerry on the troops: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
Congressman Hank Johnson on Guam: "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize"
Rosie O'Donnell: "Don't fear the terrorists. They're mothers and fathers."
Barack Obama on a tornado that killed twelve people: "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died - an entire town destroyed"
Biden on the economy: "The number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S."
The late great Mike Royko made his journalistic name by covering City Hall in Chicago and reporting Richard J Daley (Daley I) verbatim. It resulted in the gripe (write what I mean , not what I say"

Everyone who speaks in public flubs it. Everyone, no exceptions. The guys in IN and MO who lost their elections did not flub remarks, they spoke what they believed . It was their beliefs and opinions that got them in trouble with the electorate, not a dumb tongue flub.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86273 May 30, 2013
Rape is kinda like the weather. If it’s inevitable, relax and enjoy it.
Clayton Williams (R), 1990 candidate for Texas governor

I can do better than that. When WOMEN got the right to vote is when it all went downhill. Because that’s when votes started being cast with emotion and uh, maternal instincts that government ought to reflect…
Rush Limbaugh, in response to a caller who said that young people voting was a problem

I saw my father march with Martin Luther King.
Mitt Romney, bragging in 2007 about his family’s record on civil rights. Romney later admitted he didn’t technically see his father march with King, nor did his father ever march with the civil rights leader on the same day or in the same city.

“I’ll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office.”~ George W.Bush

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86274 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And here I thought they were based on faith and belief.
Reading comprehension...<sigh>
I SAID "IMO" which just in case you're not down with internet shorthand, means "in MY opinion."

Location hidden

#86275 May 30, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
The late great Mike Royko made his journalistic name by covering City Hall in Chicago and reporting Richard J Daley (Daley I) verbatim. It resulted in the gripe (write what I mean , not what I say"
Everyone who speaks in public flubs it. Everyone, no exceptions. The guys in IN and MO who lost their elections did not flub remarks, they spoke what they believed . It was their beliefs and opinions that got them in trouble with the electorate, not a dumb tongue flub.
ITA. If you're going to take things Dems said that sound stupid, not well thought out (like Biden remarks), or just mis-speaks (like Obama's 57 states thing), then have ufn while we pull out 8 years of Bushisms. I can't hold those things against public figures too harshly -- they're put on the spot with a microphone.

Location hidden

#86276 May 30, 2013
Does anyone else think it's weird that Sub and sam disappeared at the same time? I am NOT saying that i think they were the same person. I don't think that.

DId sam give a sayonara that I missed?

Location hidden

#86277 May 30, 2013
Toj wrote:
Rape is kinda like the weather. If it’s inevitable, relax and enjoy it.
Clayton Williams (R), 1990 candidate for Texas governor
I can do better than that. When WOMEN got the right to vote is when it all went downhill. Because that’s when votes started being cast with emotion and uh, maternal instincts that government ought to reflect…
Rush Limbaugh, in response to a caller who said that young people voting was a problem
I saw my father march with Martin Luther King.
Mitt Romney, bragging in 2007 about his family’s record on civil rights. Romney later admitted he didn’t technically see his father march with King, nor did his father ever march with the civil rights leader on the same day or in the same city.
“I’ll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office.”~ George W.Bush
While edog quoted mostly mis-speaks, you quote some actual, batant LIES.

Location hidden

#86278 May 30, 2013
i think Dubya was the worst president we ever had. An idiot. A horrible politician. A failed businessman.

BUT: I also believe he was a good baseball team owner (I read a book by a long-time baseball coach and he gave examples of good and bad owners, and bush was VERY good).

And of all the living presidents, while I think Clinton is very smart and interesting, I think Bush would be the best one to have a beer with (if he weren't a recovered alcoholic).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Lewis is NOT a hero, he's an idiot who got... 2 min He NeedsABASHING 14
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Guest 1,483,295
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Earl 234,546
News Women's March in Chicago: Crowd too big to marc... 8 min GiveThem40Whacks 3
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 33 min GiveHim40Whacks 24
Are democrats destroyed? 35 min Earl 263
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,392

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages