Topix Chitown Regulars

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86224 May 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
The dominant religion of the country is what gets observed.
And this just proves my point. As long as you are a member of the majority religion, you don't give a rat's ass about anyone else.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#86225 May 29, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
our founding fathers would NOT approve of this new Texas law.
Wrong. I think our founding fathers would wonder why there's a need for such a law.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#86226 May 29, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
As long as you are a member of the majority religion, you don't give a rat's ass about anyone else.
Nope. You can celebrate Ramadan and Hanuka all you want. All we ask is that you don't ban Christmas.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86227 May 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You can celebrate Ramadan and Hanuka all you want. All we ask is that you don't ban Christmas.
You can keep saying there's a ban on Christmas all you want, but that will not make it true. Even the articles you cite as evidence refute your claim once you READ THE STORY instead of just the headline. But you keep on fighting that ghost.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#86228 May 30, 2013
Amy was too long so I left off the rehash.
You're welcome.

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T97SEQ6NHQ...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI4592ANPJ...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86229 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, Obama's not to blame for anything. I mean, he's only the president.
I blame him for our recovering economy.....you should have been allowed to die with your previous Emperor....
Yeah Right

Orange City, FL

#86230 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. My skills are fine. It's the sitting president's economic policies that are preventing business growth and job creation. Weren't you the same people blaming Bush for the financial collapse of 08?
And during Bush, I landed a good paying job, was promoted, bought a house, and eeked out a pretty decent living. In the last five years I've seen a loss of income, layoffs, and I'm at risk of losing my house. Just sayin....
It's not between Bush or Obama, it's all the parties and it's been going on for years.

Take a look at what you already know…

The current prime interest rate is the lowest it’s ever been in history, around 3.6%.

Now take the Federal Debt, by the time you’ve read this, the debt has increased by some stupid number like $200,000.

Now explain to me how the prime can stay so low when the debt is climbing by the second at some astronomical rate? You can’t, it’s simple math divided by politics. Do you really think any politician is going to tell us we needed a forty percent tax hike five years ago? Of course not, it’s political suicide so they’ve been quietly printing more and more money without the gold to back it up which as anyone knows devalues the dollar which in return creates inflation. The lower the value of the dollar the higher the inflation rate.

The media is splashing all over the news how great the economy is and consumer confidence is at an all time high. Of course it is, people are more interested in watching Dancing With The Stars instead of reading the markets. You have to be a brick not to know about the national debt and the recent tax hike is only putting pennies towards it. That extra ninty bukcs they're taking out of my paycheck along with everyone elses is like trying empty the ocean with a bucket..

The other shoe has to drop and some think the government is going to bail them out again only this time it's not going to happen.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86231 May 30, 2013
One more day until Friday!!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86232 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And what country is Mpls in? The dominant religion of the country is what gets observed. Just ask Egypt, Sudan, Israel, Pakistan....
So, you would like this country to be run like Pakistan is? Hmmm, interesting.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#86233 May 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
One more day until Friday!!
I completely forgot that Monday was a holiday. This week has felt like a full week already.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#86234 May 30, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
You can keep saying there's a ban on Christmas all you want, but that will not make it true. Even the articles you cite as evidence refute your claim once you READ THE STORY instead of just the headline. But you keep on fighting that ghost.
Your logic is failing you once again. If there was no ban on Christmas, why did Texas have to pass a law that says saying "Merry Christmas" is no longer illegal?

Location hidden

#86235 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is failing you once again. If there was no ban on Christmas, why did Texas have to pass a law that says saying "Merry Christmas" is no longer illegal?
That's not what the law did. Did you not read the article?(Of course you didn't.)

The law merely protects schools and school employees from lawsuits brought by people who don't want Christmas celebrated in public schools. They were always free to say "Merry Christmas," etc.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#86236 May 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
That's not what the law did. Did you not read the article?(Of course you didn't.)
The law merely protects schools and school employees from lawsuits brought by people who don't want Christmas celebrated in public schools. They were always free to say "Merry Christmas," etc.
"the bill allows “students and district staff” to declare such things such as “Merry Christmas”".

Location hidden

#86237 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"the bill allows “students and district staff” to declare such things such as “Merry Christmas”".
THey were always "allowed" to say those things. There was no law against it.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#86238 May 30, 2013
So, your saying that now there is a law protecting someone's right to say something that was never against the law to say in the first place?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
THey were always "allowed" to say those things. There was no law against it.

Location hidden

#86239 May 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
So, your saying that now there is a law protecting someone's right to say something that was never against the law to say in the first place?
<quoted text>
Yes.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#86240 May 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
There's liberal logic for ya!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86241 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There's liberal logic for ya!
Republicans are the ones that came up with the Bill.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#86242 May 30, 2013
Damn. My India trip has been delayed yet again, this time without a new target travel date. Argh.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86243 May 30, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Ramadan is in August isn't it?
http://www.when-is.com/ramadan-2013.asp

July to August this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min IBdaMann 54,595
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,278,109
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 min 40ish 6,443
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Dr Guru 197,071
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 39 min beastman 2
abby9-3-15 3 hr Kuuipo 9
abby9-2-15 3 hr boundary painter 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages