Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Pet peeve of the day (beside the guy who hacks muscus behind me all day with his 3 year long smoker's cough):

I go to return a Redbox movie last night. It takes, what, 5 seconds to throw it into the machine? BUT, there's a couple at the machine renting a movie (for the visual, she'swearing skin tight short shorts and a t-shirt, but he's wearing Joe Boxer PJ pants and no shirt). They are not just GETTING a movie, but totally shopping for a movie. By this I mean, they are flipping through all the screens, reading the synopsis, going to another movie, reading the synopsis, and on and on. I don't know... when I go to Redbox, I kinda know what I am looking for and, if I want to browse a little and someone is behind me to return something, I let them go ahead of me, then I browse. Usually, I just look on-line ahead of time or I just know what I want. So, anyway, I am standing there over 10 minutes before they are done... then guy ahead of me with 2 movies to return goes ahead (he is wearing a shirt, at least). But then HE decides to browse awhile. At least 5 minutes later (when he goes to his car in which he had left loud rap music blaring that I could hear from half way across the lot), I FINALLY get to have my 5 seconds to throw a movie in and leave. Oy!!!
Dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! ;)
(jealous, so jealous)
Downside is retire = old

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Stina, I don't get that. I would have let you and the other guy return your movies before doing my browsing.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Did you ask if you could return your movie? Dont be shy girl!
Stina wrote:
Pet peeve of the day (beside the guy who hacks muscus behind me all day with his 3 year long smoker's cough):
I go to return a Redbox movie last night. It takes, what, 5 seconds to throw it into the machine? BUT, there's a couple at the machine renting a movie (for the visual, she'swearing skin tight short shorts and a t-shirt, but he's wearing Joe Boxer PJ pants and no shirt). They are not just GETTING a movie, but totally shopping for a movie. By this I mean, they are flipping through all the screens, reading the synopsis, going to another movie, reading the synopsis, and on and on. I don't know... when I go to Redbox, I kinda know what I am looking for and, if I want to browse a little and someone is behind me to return something, I let them go ahead of me, then I browse. Usually, I just look on-line ahead of time or I just know what I want. So, anyway, I am standing there over 10 minutes before they are done... then guy ahead of me with 2 movies to return goes ahead (he is wearing a shirt, at least). But then HE decides to browse awhile. At least 5 minutes later (when he goes to his car in which he had left loud rap music blaring that I could hear from half way across the lot), I FINALLY get to have my 5 seconds to throw a movie in and leave. Oy!!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
I meant somebody but someboy works.
I'm on the unemployment line this week. Again. Thanks, Obama. How's that economic recovery working out for everyone?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

thanks stina, you made me do a search on redbox and got a site for free rental codes (whoot!)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Stina wrote:
I would have asked them if I could just dump it in to return it. I'd start out the conversation -- if you're looking for a movie this was a good (bad) one. Do you mind if I return this really quick?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on the unemployment line this week. Again. Thanks, Obama. How's that economic recovery working out for everyone?
Great. I've heard rumors of layoffs where I am so I've been looking online keeping a close eye on what's out there. In Chicago, the job market seems to have really picked up.

You should move closer to the Loop and commute or live in the Loop and then have the wild bachelor life along with a job.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Obama is personally responsible for the fact that you are expendable.

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Stina wrote:
Redbox is too much trouble. DVR...On Demand...Net Flix,*other* online movie downloads... No fuss, no muss, no waiting in line behind trailer trash (sorry, maybe not, but your description puts me in mind of that) to browse movies.
The Incredible Flounder

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's gonna get worse by years' end, saw Buffet and the top ten billionaires dumped ninty percent of all their stock holdings, the lion's share in Proctor and Gamble.

If that's not an indicator that the money magnets see things headed south, nothing is.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Redbox is too much trouble. DVR...On Demand...Net Flix,*other* online movie downloads... No fuss, no muss, no waiting in line behind trailer trash (sorry, maybe not, but your description puts me in mind of that) to browse movies.
Ha! I was thinking the same thing... very clear mental picture. Thanks Stina!

I've been loving Netflix, and between blu-ray discs I've found a decent number of movies that are available to stream live. It just took a little research and a little patience because at first it seems like their streaming stuff is all crap, but it's like panning for gold.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have asked them if I could just dump it in to return it. I'd start out the conversation -- if you're looking for a movie this was a good (bad) one. Do you mind if I return this really quick?
I might have if they were a little less "hood-ish". And the fact that they were doing that leads me to believe they aren't the most considerate people on the earth.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I was thinking the same thing... very clear mental picture. Thanks Stina!
I've been loving Netflix, and between blu-ray discs I've found a decent number of movies that are available to stream live. It just took a little research and a little patience because at first it seems like their streaming stuff is all crap, but it's like panning for gold.
I usually don't use the one I went to unless there is no one there-the one at Walgreens isn't so bad and the ones in Publix are fine. I have Netflix, but it's mostly older stuff, so I do Redbox for more current things. I know I can do "On Demand" but I only do that as a treat. Instead of $4 or $5 or whatever for on demand, I can get Redbox with a coupon for 75 cents. I just have to be better about which ones I go to.

“What's it to ya?”

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually don't use the one I went to unless there is no one there-the one at Walgreens isn't so bad and the ones in Publix are fine. I have Netflix, but it's mostly older stuff, so I do Redbox for more current things. I know I can do "On Demand" but I only do that as a treat. Instead of $4 or $5 or whatever for on demand, I can get Redbox with a coupon for 75 cents. I just have to be better about which ones I go to.
Makes sense. I just see Redbox as ONE MORE THING I have to *do.* <shrug> Guess I'd rather pay Comcast $5 than make the trip to 7-11 (closest one). OTOH, Comcast has $0.99 movies and "under $3" movies which I peruse a lot. Of course they are older as a rule, but if it's something new, I occasionally (VERY occasionally) will just say "screw it" and go to the theater with the huge reclining seats.:D

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Yeah Obama is personally responsible for the fact that you are expendable.
Right, Obama's not to blame for anything. I mean, he's only the president.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
You should move closer to the Loop and commute or live in the Loop and then have the wild bachelor life along with a job.
I wouldn't live in Shitcago if you paid me. Didn't realize they had solved their unemployment problem.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes sense. I just see Redbox as ONE MORE THING I have to *do.* <shrug> Guess I'd rather pay Comcast $5 than make the trip to 7-11 (closest one). OTOH, Comcast has $0.99 movies and "under $3" movies which I peruse a lot. Of course they are older as a rule, but if it's something new, I occasionally (VERY occasionally) will just say "screw it" and go to the theater with the huge reclining seats.:D
Couple clicks on the remote and you have your movie. I'm guilty of it. I don't watch many movies that you buy, though. Maybe 1, or 2 at the most, a month.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that Dog. Is tehre any predictability to the layoffs?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't live in Shitcago if you paid me. Didn't realize they had solved their unemployment problem.
Well, obviously you're just not desparate enough. If I was without a job and didn't have a wife and kid, i'd take a job wherever I could find a good one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min THE DEVIL 1,080,438
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,666
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Natual should be respect 48,918
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr fearless 67,968
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Jews against gambling 68,380
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 465
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 4 hr FOOK U2 Azz Holes 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search