gotta do
might do
aint happening.

Easy Peasy

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86151 May 29, 2013
<sigh> It's 11:58 PM. Paper is due at midnight. Just sent it. I would do well not to re-check them so damn many times. I'm tired.

There's some kind of time share thing they're advertising on tv.$99.00 for the weekend. Thinking about taking it just for the "vacation" aspect. I wonder how much time I have to spend listening to their BS... I do need a vacation.
Buster

Palmdale, CA

#86152 May 29, 2013
hello

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86153 May 29, 2013
Michele Bat Guano Loco Bachmann is not running for her House seat again!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86154 May 29, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
She shoulda never married Liberace......

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#86155 May 29, 2013
Okay, let's get this party started!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86156 May 29, 2013
Um, who's job is it to post the girls today? Someboy is slacking.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#86157 May 29, 2013
I meant somebody but someboy works.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#86158 May 29, 2013
It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it. Should I feel guilty cause I'm retired?:)

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TNOF6D50N7...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TC4P5FCS6R...

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#86159 May 29, 2013
dahgts wrote:
It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it. Should I feel guilty cause I'm retired?:)
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TNOF6D50N7...
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TC4P5FCS6R...
Yes! ;)

(jealous, so jealous)
Mimi

Tacoma, WA

#86160 May 29, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Yay!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#86161 May 29, 2013
*crickets* Entertain me, people!

I am hung over. Drank an entire bottle of wine last night. Didn't puke, because I chugged a lot of water. Yessss!

A lot of people are retiring, so there's a ton of food here at work. Somebody made a giant plate of homemade Rice Krispie treats. I grabbed one, and it is hard as a rock. What kind of Nazi tortures people like that? They were probably made last week.:-(
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#86162 May 29, 2013
Pet peeve of the day (beside the guy who hacks muscus behind me all day with his 3 year long smoker's cough):

I go to return a Redbox movie last night. It takes, what, 5 seconds to throw it into the machine? BUT, there's a couple at the machine renting a movie (for the visual, she'swearing skin tight short shorts and a t-shirt, but he's wearing Joe Boxer PJ pants and no shirt). They are not just GETTING a movie, but totally shopping for a movie. By this I mean, they are flipping through all the screens, reading the synopsis, going to another movie, reading the synopsis, and on and on. I don't know... when I go to Redbox, I kinda know what I am looking for and, if I want to browse a little and someone is behind me to return something, I let them go ahead of me, then I browse. Usually, I just look on-line ahead of time or I just know what I want. So, anyway, I am standing there over 10 minutes before they are done... then guy ahead of me with 2 movies to return goes ahead (he is wearing a shirt, at least). But then HE decides to browse awhile. At least 5 minutes later (when he goes to his car in which he had left loud rap music blaring that I could hear from half way across the lot), I FINALLY get to have my 5 seconds to throw a movie in and leave. Oy!!!
Dahgts

Chicago, IL

#86163 May 29, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! ;)
(jealous, so jealous)
Downside is retire = old

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86164 May 29, 2013
Stina, I don't get that. I would have let you and the other guy return your movies before doing my browsing.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#86165 May 29, 2013
Did you ask if you could return your movie? Dont be shy girl!
Stina wrote:
Pet peeve of the day (beside the guy who hacks muscus behind me all day with his 3 year long smoker's cough):
I go to return a Redbox movie last night. It takes, what, 5 seconds to throw it into the machine? BUT, there's a couple at the machine renting a movie (for the visual, she'swearing skin tight short shorts and a t-shirt, but he's wearing Joe Boxer PJ pants and no shirt). They are not just GETTING a movie, but totally shopping for a movie. By this I mean, they are flipping through all the screens, reading the synopsis, going to another movie, reading the synopsis, and on and on. I don't know... when I go to Redbox, I kinda know what I am looking for and, if I want to browse a little and someone is behind me to return something, I let them go ahead of me, then I browse. Usually, I just look on-line ahead of time or I just know what I want. So, anyway, I am standing there over 10 minutes before they are done... then guy ahead of me with 2 movies to return goes ahead (he is wearing a shirt, at least). But then HE decides to browse awhile. At least 5 minutes later (when he goes to his car in which he had left loud rap music blaring that I could hear from half way across the lot), I FINALLY get to have my 5 seconds to throw a movie in and leave. Oy!!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#86166 May 29, 2013
Toj wrote:
I meant somebody but someboy works.
I'm on the unemployment line this week. Again. Thanks, Obama. How's that economic recovery working out for everyone?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#86167 May 29, 2013
thanks stina, you made me do a search on redbox and got a site for free rental codes (whoot!)

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#86168 May 29, 2013
Stina wrote:
I would have asked them if I could just dump it in to return it. I'd start out the conversation -- if you're looking for a movie this was a good (bad) one. Do you mind if I return this really quick?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#86169 May 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on the unemployment line this week. Again. Thanks, Obama. How's that economic recovery working out for everyone?
Great. I've heard rumors of layoffs where I am so I've been looking online keeping a close eye on what's out there. In Chicago, the job market seems to have really picked up.

You should move closer to the Loop and commute or live in the Loop and then have the wild bachelor life along with a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 9-22 11 min Kuuipo 11
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Tony Rome 1,111,061
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min loose cannon 178,224
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,288
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,741
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,486
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,725
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••