PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks dahgts
You're welcome. Have a safe holiday.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86131 May 27, 2013
Happy Memorial Day everyone. For anyone who is a vet, thank you.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#86132 May 27, 2013
A memorial day THANK YOU to those who have served including MS, MG, JHR, CR & a big THANKS to those who help those who have served including Dr JH & CT.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#86133 May 28, 2013

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#86134 May 28, 2013
Over the weekend I had some stuff I was working out in my head and I thought about asking for advice. My first thought was to come here and ask you guys. How cool is that that (most of) you guys are so great that I thought about asking you first?

I got it figured out so I'm good, but I wanted to let you guys know how very awesome this little "community" we have is that we (mostly) all come here from time to time for advice and know we will get GOOD advice.

I just wanted to let you guys know...I love you guys!

(no I'm not drunk)

Miami, FL

#86135 May 28, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Over the weekend I had some stuff I was working out in my head and I thought about asking for advice. My first thought was to come here and ask you guys. How cool is that that (most of) you guys are so great that I thought about asking you first?
I got it figured out so I'm good, but I wanted to let you guys know how very awesome this little "community" we have is that we (mostly) all come here from time to time for advice and know we will get GOOD advice.
(no I'm not drunk)
I can relate... this is usually one of my first stops, if not THE first, on the advice asking and/or opinion polling.
:)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#86136 May 28, 2013
Thats what were here for darling! Free advice and double snark every Tuesday!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
(no I'm not drunk)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#86137 May 28, 2013
Staaaahp...raining...already.. .

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86138 May 28, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Staaaahp...raining...already.. .
Seriously. I'm tired of the rain and gloomy days.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#86139 May 28, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously. I'm tired of the rain and gloomy days.
At least it's warming up, I'll give it that much. I sat on my covered deck in the rain yesterday.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86140 May 28, 2013
And the sun is coming up earlier -- there's daylight in the sky by 5:30, 6 a.m. now.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#86141 May 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And the sun is coming up earlier -- there's daylight in the sky by 5:30, 6 a.m. now.
And stays up later, too! I love summer.:)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#86142 May 28, 2013
Incredible. A baby was rescued from a pipe!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/...

Location hidden

#86143 May 28, 2013
Toj wrote:
Incredible. A baby was rescued from a pipe!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/...
I thought it was weird that people showed up at the hospital with basics -- diapers, formula, etc. You'd think they'd know the hospital would have all of that. Wouldn't it?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#86144 May 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was weird that people showed up at the hospital with basics -- diapers, formula, etc. You'd think they'd know the hospital would have all of that. Wouldn't it?
It's a bit strange but perhaps they heard about it, wanted to do something but didn't know what to do -- so they picked up some items the baby would need.

Knowing how boys are prized over there, I wonder what the response would have been if it was a girl. Just sayin'.

Location hidden

#86145 May 28, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a bit strange but perhaps they heard about it, wanted to do something but didn't know what to do -- so they picked up some items the baby would need.
Knowing how boys are prized over there, I wonder what the response would have been if it was a girl. Just sayin'.
I"m assuming it's either a second child (not allowed), or the mother is very young and didn't realize she was about to give birth (b/c I've had several moms tell me that they thought they were going to have a bowel movement while in labor, but nurses would tell them it just felt like that, that it's really the baby being born).

Miami, FL

#86146 May 28, 2013
We had a half day on Friday and off yesterday for the holiday, and it feels like I've been gone for a week. How did this much work crap pile up in such a short amount of time? Yesterday was a holiday for EVERYONE!

Location hidden

#86147 May 28, 2013
I think you all are boring as heck today! So there!

Miami, FL

#86148 May 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I think you all are boring as heck today! So there!
I know I've been boring and I hate it! I never even got to the columns today.
:(
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#86149 May 28, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
We had a half day on Friday and off yesterday for the holiday, and it feels like I've been gone for a week. How did this much work crap pile up in such a short amount of time? Yesterday was a holiday for EVERYONE!
I've been in the same mess! Can't figure out WTH this all came from!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,129,081
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min HughBe 70,142
Abby 10-30 14 min edogxxx 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,650
Amy 10-30 36 min edogxxx 11
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 41 min Lawrence Wolf 50,752
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,814
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]