|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Memorial Day weekend plans?
Our office is closing in an hour and I'm planning on spending the afternoon by and in the pool. The rest of the weekend is still somewhat up in the air. It'll be nice to just relax and have a 3.5 day weekend though.
Did I tell you guys I talked to Jasper yesterday morning? It went very well.
I am glad it went well! I hope you are doing OK!

No weekend plans! I feel kinda bad about it. I might take my Mom to a museum, but she hasn't answered me yet. I REALLY need to do chores and salon stuff (both of which I dread), so there will be some of that. And I think I will sit out back and read and have some drinks!:D
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Memorial Day weekend plans?
Our office is closing in an hour and I'm planning on spending the afternoon by and in the pool.
And we get to leave at 2!!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Did I tell you guys I talked to Jasper yesterday morning? It went very well.
Yes, and since you brought up that thing about the golden rule yesterday, would you be okay with your current boyfriend calling and talking with his ex?

Memorial day plans: Sat, driving out of town with my mother and sister for a friend of the family's wedding. Then we get to share a hotel room. Joy.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and since you brought up that thing about the golden rule yesterday, would you be okay with your current boyfriend calling and talking with his ex?
Meow!

He talks to her all the time, they're friends. She's married now and has a 2-month-old.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Meow!
He talks to her all the time, they're friends. She's married now and has a 2-month-old.
I wasn't trying to be flippid, but I think it's safe to assume he didn't just break up with her a few months ago. And was that his most recent girlfriend? How long has it been since he last had a relationship?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

flippid?

It's "flippant."

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Thanks for the concern guys. I don't know if they caught the truck yet. I stayed up pretty (like 4 am) late and am just really waking up right now and I haven't turned on the news or anything yet. I'm figuring they probably did, or will. Most bridges have CCTV cameras I think.
Memorial day: If the rain stays stopped...BBQ at home maybe. Only 4 of us so nothing special. If it rains...BBQ on the patio under cover. Finishing up (3) final papers for school.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
And we get to leave at 2!!!
Good for you....Warning...Today is the hottest day, so far this spring....i went to Home Depot and Lowes, and thought i'd die, when i got the car loaded, grass plugs, charcoal bags, potting soil, mulch.....hope it is way cooler tomarrow morning.....stay cool.....
The Incredible Flounder

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad it went well! I hope you are doing OK!
No weekend plans! I feel kinda bad about it. I might take my Mom to a museum, but she hasn't answered me yet. I REALLY need to do chores and salon stuff (both of which I dread), so there will be some of that. And I think I will sit out back and read and have some drinks!:D
The Gulf is up 83 degrees today...definitely a beach/boating weekend!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you....Warning...Today is the hottest day, so far this spring....i went to Home Depot and Lowes, and thought i'd die, when i got the car loaded, grass plugs, charcoal bags, potting soil, mulch.....hope it is way cooler tomarrow morning.....stay cool.....
Ew - thanks for the warning! I wanted to pick up some soil and plant a few things in pots this weekend, so maybe I shouldn't. Ahhhh who am I kidding?! This is FL - it only gets hotter!!!

You stay cool, too!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

The Incredible Flounder wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gulf is up 83 degrees today...definitely a beach/boating weekend!
I am plan-less this weekend! Maybe a trip to the beach and a rum runner is in order!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

I have poker tonight and I have to go, I haven't played yet this year and the guys in the league are bugging me to come, but I'd really rather stay home tonight. Plus, I just filled up with gas this morning to the tune of about $60. The drive to the poker site will be at least 45 minutes.

Two refineries in Illinois shut down for the summer so Minnesota has the highest gas prices in the country right now.
The Incredible Flounder

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I am plan-less this weekend! Maybe a trip to the beach and a rum runner is in order!!!
Gotta get there early if you drive...at Siesta Key if your there after ten you're not gonna find a spot.

The water was that light aqua color this morning and like glass.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

The next time some whiney person writes in to Amby about how miserable they are, I will remember this article and respond accordingly.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/...

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

This is from the UK, but I was astounded at the similarities to some arguements we've heard here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/w...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

squishymama wrote:
The next time some whiney person writes in to Amby about how miserable they are, I will remember this article and respond accordingly.
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/...
ick ick ick.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

weekend:
early out today, requiring beer consumption and boat riding. Tomorrow, off to see buddy, come back Sun Morning, then yardwork. Mon fire up the smoker and have some pork ribs. Mmmmm-Mmmmm

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Weekend plans:

Sat: Building-wide yardsale in the morning. I hate yardsales, but I was just gonna donate the stuff anyway...

Then hopefully dinner with my sister (the good one).

Sun: party at my mom's with some old high school friends and family. Should be nice if the weather holds.

Mon: I wish I could say a whole lot of nuthin'. But unfortunately, the day will be filled with chores.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Weekend plans: It is niiiiice outside right now. I'm hitting the paved trail on my mountain bike soon, since it's rained too much recently for the woods.

Nothing else planned the rest of the weekend. I'll go see a movie with J if he wants to go, but I'm all good waiting for stuff to come out on DVD.

Just had my last (hopefully) immunization before India, so I'm hoping it doesn't make me feel crappy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

I've mentioned before that Nick mispronounces names and words. My new pet peeve:

"Adamant" He pronounces it uh-DAM-ant.

I told him, "Honey, it's ADamant." "I know, I just forget."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

107 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Oh Dat Barry Soetoro 1,082,717
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Jacques from Ottawa 175,010
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 36 min raphael 3,839
Six-year-old girl watches in horror as police '... 37 min LuckyGirlDidnt BARE Teeth 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 37 min CDC 48,966
Chicago the murder capital of the U.S.? Let's g... 43 min AlsoTheNegraMurderCapitol 2
Am 7-29 45 min Kuuipo 7
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••