“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86070 May 23, 2013
Sure you guys have seen the news about the bridge collapse. I'm fine. All my people are fine. It's about 75 miles north of here and I don't have to go that way at all. It does put a crimp in my "let's drive to Vancouver (BC not WA) one weekend soon" plans but I'll survive.

Nothing definite yet, but if anyone didn't make it out of a vehicle, over an hour for rescue and 32 degree water... Waiting on more news.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#86071 May 24, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86072 May 24, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Sure you guys have seen the news about the bridge collapse. I'm fine. All my people are fine. It's about 75 miles north of here and I don't have to go that way at all. It does put a crimp in my "let's drive to Vancouver (BC not WA) one weekend soon" plans but I'll survive.
Nothing definite yet, but if anyone didn't make it out of a vehicle, over an hour for rescue and 32 degree water... Waiting on more news.
We drove from Seattle to Vancouver on vacation...must have been on it, then....did they catch the oversized truck, that set it off?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#86073 May 24, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Sure you guys have seen the news about the bridge collapse. I'm fine. All my people are fine. It's about 75 miles north of here and I don't have to go that way at all. It does put a crimp in my "let's drive to Vancouver (BC not WA) one weekend soon" plans but I'll survive.
Nothing definite yet, but if anyone didn't make it out of a vehicle, over an hour for rescue and 32 degree water... Waiting on more news.
I immediately worried about you. But then I thought the odds are so unlikely...

The mama part of squishymama thanks you for the check-in anyway.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#86074 May 24, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Sure you guys have seen the news about the bridge collapse. I'm fine. All my people are fine. It's about 75 miles north of here and I don't have to go that way at all. It does put a crimp in my "let's drive to Vancouver (BC not WA) one weekend soon" plans but I'll survive.
Nothing definite yet, but if anyone didn't make it out of a vehicle, over an hour for rescue and 32 degree water... Waiting on more news.
Glad you're okay! Ang and I were just talking about the bridge in MN that collapsed a few years ago when I was up there. That would be pretty horrifying to be caught in.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86075 May 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My coworker's 27yo nephew committed suicide yesterday in a psych ward.:(
That's horrible. You have them there to be watched and helped. Horrible.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86076 May 24, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Either I or his dad went with Chris on field trips, but not because we were helicopter-y. We just always ended getting pressed into service by the teachers.
Yeah one teacher after another grade after grade...pretty sure they talked to each other and said "make sure you lock down Chris' parents for field trips early, while they're still coming down from the back to school shopping bedlam or they will find a way of getting out of it." <shrug>
Same here. I got the "we can't go on the field trip b/c no one will be a chaparone" to I would take the day off to go.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#86077 May 24, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>Same here. I got the "we can't go on the field trip b/c no one will be a chaparone" to I would take the day off to go.
We have so many volunteers that the teacher ends up pulling names out of a hat. My husband volunteered to chaperone the trip to the zoo last Friday, but he wasn't chosen.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#86078 May 24, 2013
Did he pout?
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
We have so many volunteers that the teacher ends up pulling names out of a hat. My husband volunteered to chaperone the trip to the zoo last Friday, but he wasn't chosen.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#86079 May 24, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Did he pout?
Nope. He still went to the zoo because we took my little guy. My parents were in town and my aunt invited herself along. We ran into the school kids a couple of times, but they left about an hour before we did.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#86080 May 24, 2013
Memorial Day weekend plans?

Our office is closing in an hour and I'm planning on spending the afternoon by and in the pool. The rest of the weekend is still somewhat up in the air. It'll be nice to just relax and have a 3.5 day weekend though.

Did I tell you guys I talked to Jasper yesterday morning? It went very well.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#86081 May 24, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. He still went to the zoo because we took my little guy. My parents were in town and my aunt invited herself along. We ran into the school kids a couple of times, but they left about an hour before we did.
Ha ha, still got to go to the zoo, not watch other peoples' kids, AND got to stay longer. Win.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#86082 May 24, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Memorial Day weekend plans?
Our office is closing in an hour and I'm planning on spending the afternoon by and in the pool. The rest of the weekend is still somewhat up in the air. It'll be nice to just relax and have a 3.5 day weekend though.
Did I tell you guys I talked to Jasper yesterday morning? It went very well.
I am glad it went well! I hope you are doing OK!

No weekend plans! I feel kinda bad about it. I might take my Mom to a museum, but she hasn't answered me yet. I REALLY need to do chores and salon stuff (both of which I dread), so there will be some of that. And I think I will sit out back and read and have some drinks!:D
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#86083 May 24, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Memorial Day weekend plans?
Our office is closing in an hour and I'm planning on spending the afternoon by and in the pool.
And we get to leave at 2!!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#86084 May 24, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Did I tell you guys I talked to Jasper yesterday morning? It went very well.
Yes, and since you brought up that thing about the golden rule yesterday, would you be okay with your current boyfriend calling and talking with his ex?

Memorial day plans: Sat, driving out of town with my mother and sister for a friend of the family's wedding. Then we get to share a hotel room. Joy.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#86085 May 24, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and since you brought up that thing about the golden rule yesterday, would you be okay with your current boyfriend calling and talking with his ex?
Meow!

He talks to her all the time, they're friends. She's married now and has a 2-month-old.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#86086 May 24, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Meow!
He talks to her all the time, they're friends. She's married now and has a 2-month-old.
I wasn't trying to be flippid, but I think it's safe to assume he didn't just break up with her a few months ago. And was that his most recent girlfriend? How long has it been since he last had a relationship?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86087 May 24, 2013
flippid?

It's "flippant."

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86088 May 24, 2013
Thanks for the concern guys. I don't know if they caught the truck yet. I stayed up pretty (like 4 am) late and am just really waking up right now and I haven't turned on the news or anything yet. I'm figuring they probably did, or will. Most bridges have CCTV cameras I think.
Memorial day: If the rain stays stopped...BBQ at home maybe. Only 4 of us so nothing special. If it rains...BBQ on the patio under cover. Finishing up (3) final papers for school.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86089 May 24, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
And we get to leave at 2!!!
Good for you....Warning...Today is the hottest day, so far this spring....i went to Home Depot and Lowes, and thought i'd die, when i got the car loaded, grass plugs, charcoal bags, potting soil, mulch.....hope it is way cooler tomarrow morning.....stay cool.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min fetch almighty 1,124,295
Abby 10-20 27 min edogxxx 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 29 min Boy G 50,582
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min loose cannon 179,220
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 52 min Eric 69,951
IL: Police: Man Fires Assault Rifle at Chicago ... 2 hr hands on AR 3
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 2 hr commies are blue 16
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]