“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86088 May 24, 2013
Thanks for the concern guys. I don't know if they caught the truck yet. I stayed up pretty (like 4 am) late and am just really waking up right now and I haven't turned on the news or anything yet. I'm figuring they probably did, or will. Most bridges have CCTV cameras I think.
Memorial day: If the rain stays stopped...BBQ at home maybe. Only 4 of us so nothing special. If it rains...BBQ on the patio under cover. Finishing up (3) final papers for school.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86089 May 24, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
And we get to leave at 2!!!
Good for you....Warning...Today is the hottest day, so far this spring....i went to Home Depot and Lowes, and thought i'd die, when i got the car loaded, grass plugs, charcoal bags, potting soil, mulch.....hope it is way cooler tomarrow morning.....stay cool.....
The Incredible Flounder

Orange City, FL

#86090 May 24, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad it went well! I hope you are doing OK!
No weekend plans! I feel kinda bad about it. I might take my Mom to a museum, but she hasn't answered me yet. I REALLY need to do chores and salon stuff (both of which I dread), so there will be some of that. And I think I will sit out back and read and have some drinks!:D
The Gulf is up 83 degrees today...definitely a beach/boating weekend!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#86091 May 24, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you....Warning...Today is the hottest day, so far this spring....i went to Home Depot and Lowes, and thought i'd die, when i got the car loaded, grass plugs, charcoal bags, potting soil, mulch.....hope it is way cooler tomarrow morning.....stay cool.....
Ew - thanks for the warning! I wanted to pick up some soil and plant a few things in pots this weekend, so maybe I shouldn't. Ahhhh who am I kidding?! This is FL - it only gets hotter!!!

You stay cool, too!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#86092 May 24, 2013
The Incredible Flounder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am plan-less this weekend! Maybe a trip to the beach and a rum runner is in order!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86093 May 24, 2013
I have poker tonight and I have to go, I haven't played yet this year and the guys in the league are bugging me to come, but I'd really rather stay home tonight. Plus, I just filled up with gas this morning to the tune of about $60. The drive to the poker site will be at least 45 minutes.

Two refineries in Illinois shut down for the summer so Minnesota has the highest gas prices in the country right now.
The Incredible Flounder

Orange City, FL

#86094 May 24, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I am plan-less this weekend! Maybe a trip to the beach and a rum runner is in order!!!
Gotta get there early if you drive...at Siesta Key if your there after ten you're not gonna find a spot.

The water was that light aqua color this morning and like glass.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#86095 May 24, 2013
The next time some whiney person writes in to Amby about how miserable they are, I will remember this article and respond accordingly.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/...

Evanston IL

#86096 May 24, 2013
This is from the UK, but I was astounded at the similarities to some arguements we've heard here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/w...

Location hidden

#86097 May 24, 2013
squishymama wrote:
The next time some whiney person writes in to Amby about how miserable they are, I will remember this article and respond accordingly.
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/...
ick ick ick.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#86098 May 24, 2013
weekend:
early out today, requiring beer consumption and boat riding. Tomorrow, off to see buddy, come back Sun Morning, then yardwork. Mon fire up the smoker and have some pork ribs. Mmmmm-Mmmmm

Evanston IL

#86099 May 24, 2013
Weekend plans:

Sat: Building-wide yardsale in the morning. I hate yardsales, but I was just gonna donate the stuff anyway...

Then hopefully dinner with my sister (the good one).

Sun: party at my mom's with some old high school friends and family. Should be nice if the weather holds.

Mon: I wish I could say a whole lot of nuthin'. But unfortunately, the day will be filled with chores.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#86100 May 24, 2013
Weekend plans: It is niiiiice outside right now. I'm hitting the paved trail on my mountain bike soon, since it's rained too much recently for the woods.

Nothing else planned the rest of the weekend. I'll go see a movie with J if he wants to go, but I'm all good waiting for stuff to come out on DVD.

Just had my last (hopefully) immunization before India, so I'm hoping it doesn't make me feel crappy.

Location hidden

#86101 May 24, 2013
I've mentioned before that Nick mispronounces names and words. My new pet peeve:

"Adamant" He pronounces it uh-DAM-ant.

I told him, "Honey, it's ADamant." "I know, I just forget."

Location hidden

#86102 May 24, 2013
I changed y plans - no poker tonight. Gonna stay home, drink, look for my phone (lost it at some point yesterday between work and home), game, and annoy Mimi on Facebook.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#86103 May 24, 2013
my X massacred words
ashfault = asphalt
asperating = exasperating
piarate = parrot
I started keeping a list, told her I was gonna make it into a book. at first she was cool with it, but eventually she got pissed. eh, women.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I've mentioned before that Nick mispronounces names and words. My new pet peeve:
"Adamant" He pronounces it uh-DAM-ant.
I told him, "Honey, it's ADamant." "I know, I just forget."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86104 May 24, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Ew - thanks for the warning! I wanted to pick up some soil and plant a few things in pots this weekend, so maybe I shouldn't. Ahhhh who am I kidding?! This is FL - it only gets hotter!!!
You stay cool, too!!!
I think hey both open at 7....that may be the answer....lol...you gotta want it....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#86105 May 24, 2013
RACE wrote:
my X massacred words
ashfault = asphalt
asperating = exasperating
piarate = parrot
I started keeping a list, told her I was gonna make it into a book. at first she was cool with it, but eventually she got pissed. eh, women.
<quoted text>
At some point, if you have a chance see the Gilbert and Sullivan piece Pirates of Penzance. The story turns on massacred words of pilot and pirate ( throw in often and orphan for good measure). Rent the movie with Kevin Kline and Angela Lansbury, I think under the name The Pirate Movie.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86106 May 24, 2013
The Incredible Flounder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet. Hittin clearwater beach tomorrow.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#86107 May 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Sweet. Hittin clearwater beach tomorrow.
Hittin? See you never graduated grammar school.

It's HITTING, you dam backwoods redneck Floridian!

A fb friend posted her son holding a diploma for graduating first grade. Really? Is that what we're doing now? Giving diplomas for completing the first grade? Think that's the most ridiculous thing ever. People were posting things like "Congratulations!" and "So happy for him!"

I SO had to bite my tongue.

Can't have people thinking I'm a jerk... But seriously, that's just BEYOND stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 12-19 4 min Mister Tonka 8
abby 12-19 9 min Sublime1 6
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min USAsince1680 1,153,618
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 23 min not a ghost 357
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min Mandela 71,007
Word (Dec '08) 25 min not a ghost 4,793
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 27 min not a ghost 717
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min jacques Ottawau 181,784
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:39 am PST

NBC Sports 3:39AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Dissecting Most Crucial Matchups in Chicago Bears' Week 16 Contest with Lions
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Updated Rankings for Sunday's Action
Bleacher Report 6:02 AM
The Coach That Could Turn Around Bears