Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86101 May 24, 2013
I've mentioned before that Nick mispronounces names and words. My new pet peeve:

"Adamant" He pronounces it uh-DAM-ant.

I told him, "Honey, it's ADamant." "I know, I just forget."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86102 May 24, 2013
I changed y plans - no poker tonight. Gonna stay home, drink, look for my phone (lost it at some point yesterday between work and home), game, and annoy Mimi on Facebook.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#86103 May 24, 2013
my X massacred words
ashfault = asphalt
asperating = exasperating
piarate = parrot
I started keeping a list, told her I was gonna make it into a book. at first she was cool with it, but eventually she got pissed. eh, women.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I've mentioned before that Nick mispronounces names and words. My new pet peeve:
"Adamant" He pronounces it uh-DAM-ant.
I told him, "Honey, it's ADamant." "I know, I just forget."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86104 May 24, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Ew - thanks for the warning! I wanted to pick up some soil and plant a few things in pots this weekend, so maybe I shouldn't. Ahhhh who am I kidding?! This is FL - it only gets hotter!!!
You stay cool, too!!!
I think hey both open at 7....that may be the answer....lol...you gotta want it....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#86105 May 24, 2013
RACE wrote:
my X massacred words
ashfault = asphalt
asperating = exasperating
piarate = parrot
I started keeping a list, told her I was gonna make it into a book. at first she was cool with it, but eventually she got pissed. eh, women.
<quoted text>
At some point, if you have a chance see the Gilbert and Sullivan piece Pirates of Penzance. The story turns on massacred words of pilot and pirate ( throw in often and orphan for good measure). Rent the movie with Kevin Kline and Angela Lansbury, I think under the name The Pirate Movie.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86106 May 24, 2013
The Incredible Flounder wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gulf is up 83 degrees today...definitely a beach/boating weekend!
Sweet. Hittin clearwater beach tomorrow.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#86107 May 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Sweet. Hittin clearwater beach tomorrow.
Hittin? See you never graduated grammar school.

It's HITTING, you dam backwoods redneck Floridian!

A fb friend posted her son holding a diploma for graduating first grade. Really? Is that what we're doing now? Giving diplomas for completing the first grade? Think that's the most ridiculous thing ever. People were posting things like "Congratulations!" and "So happy for him!"

I SO had to bite my tongue.

Can't have people thinking I'm a jerk... But seriously, that's just BEYOND stupid.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#86108 May 24, 2013
PEllen wrote:
if you have a chance see the Gilbert and Sullivan piece Pirates of Penzance.
Is that what Ray Stevens was singing about?

Sometimes I think you're WAY too sophisticated for us....
Dahgts

Chicago, IL

#86109 May 24, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
At some point, if you have a chance see the Gilbert and Sullivan piece Pirates of Penzance. The story turns on massacred words of pilot and pirate ( throw in often and orphan for good measure). Rent the movie with Kevin Kline and Angela Lansbury, I think under the name The Pirate Movie.
I was just looking at the concert series schedule at millennium park. Do you go to them? A sophisticated person here wants to know.:)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#86110 May 24, 2013
Dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just looking at the concert series schedule at millennium park. Do you go to them? A sophisticated person here wants to know.:)
yes I do. Interested?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#86111 May 24, 2013
Sitting in the cell phone lot at MKE waiting for PA daughter,being very glad of 4g network and the toy I am actually figuring out at last.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#86112 May 25, 2013

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#86113 May 25, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>yes I do. Interested?
Sure, I've got several marked on the calendar but open to others.

My only "not go" is when it's 90 degree weather.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#86114 May 25, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I've got several marked on the calendar but open to others.
My only "not go" is when it's 90 degree weather.
I should add rain, illness or death.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#86115 May 25, 2013
My thoughts go in spurts.
Here's the link.

http://grantparkmusicfestival.com/the-music/2...

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#86116 May 25, 2013
Hey Pellen/daghts
I was just checking out the calendar for Grant Park.
August 14, Valentina Lisitsa will be there playing Rachmaninov. Be there or be square.
That show will be one of the highights of the season, I am confident. She's from the Ukraine and she dominates the classical world, in many knowledgable people's opinion.
Thanks so much for the link. I have been waiting a long time to see/hear her perform live.
I hope the weather is nice that day....

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#86117 May 25, 2013
Pellen,
That Rodger's and Hammerstein show looks awefully inviting too.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#86118 May 25, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Pellen,
That Rodger's and Hammerstein show looks awefully inviting too.
that one is on my calendar. The other one you wrote looks good too. I just hope that we have perfect weather. Of course we will, this is Chicago !!

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#86119 May 25, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't trying to be flippid, but I think it's safe to assume he didn't just break up with her a few months ago. And was that his most recent girlfriend? How long has it been since he last had a relationship?
They dated 7 years ago. His most recent relationship was 2 years ago. He understands my situation and was happy for me that the conversation with Jasper went well when I told him. Everything is cool.
AgentJohn

Satellite Provider

#86120 May 25, 2013
Purchase all kinds of sumsung smart phones on a low price. For equiries call Agentjohn on +2348160926595. Price is negotiable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min ritedownthemiddle 1,263,563
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Dr Guru 194,511
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 52 min Mark 52,069
Amy 7-30-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 2
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 3 hr boundary painter 1,197
Ask Amy July 31 3 hr boundary painter 4
abby7-31-15 3 hr boundary painter 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages