Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86010 May 22, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
my earth sciences teacher in HS went through this... by now, i forget what her conclusion was, but i think upper midwest was her preference... no wild fires like in the arid south/southwest, weather not quite as extreme as in teh plains (tornadoes, hail, thunder storms), no coastal storms/hurricanes. yes, we get rain, snow and flooded rivers here, but they aren't as often or as extreme as what happens in the upper plains (blizzards) and our rivers closer to the Great Lakes haven't taken out the towns along them every 25 years with annual floods that close them in between...
Yeah...i was actually gonna nominate, the area my Grandfather's cabin was...northern portion of lower Michigan...Lotta woods and fresh lakes, great fishing....can't recall a tornado or forest fire, ever...the cold, comes with the safety and security....very secluded means not many jobs....

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#86011 May 22, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>"Dude, really? It's cool I 'get' it, but you know, D was already invited and un-inviting someone isn't cool -even though he will totally understand and be cool with it too- but I feel like I would be ditching him, on a weekend night, so I'm going to have to bail on Friday night, and get together with you guys for a girls' night/day later. Sorry..."

But, yanno, nicely, and no sarcasm on the "sorry" part.
I did a more passive-aggressive version of this, basically.

In other news, just now I went against everyone's advice for the first time and called Jasper. Got voicemail, left a message saying happy birthday and I hope he's doing well. Why did I choose today for this? No idea.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#86012 May 22, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
but you know, D was already invited and un-inviting someone isn't cool -even though he will totally understand and be cool with it too- but I feel like I would be ditching him, on a weekend night
Geez, shame the dude can't have plans changed on him and be on his own devices on a Friday night. I'm sorry, I thought we were dealing with older and more mature people.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86013 May 22, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, shame the dude can't have plans changed on him and be on his own devices on a Friday night. I'm sorry, I thought we were dealing with older and more mature people.
I'm with the dog. I don't see what the big deal is. This would not bother me at all.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#86014 May 22, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I'm with the dog. I don't see what the big deal is. This would not bother me at all.
This is why you're my Topix man-crush. Hopefully together we can make these women understand that a dude being uninvited to his girlfriend's get together with a bunch of people he doesn't know and given a free Friday night isn't gonna upset his whole universe and force him to wallow alone in his own misery softly weeping while he flips through an old family album feeling lost and unwanted.

And if it does, she's dating the wrong man.

West Palm Beach, FL

#86015 May 22, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I'm with the dog. I don't see what the big deal is. This would not bother me at all.
The big deal is that *I* feel like I'm being forced to be rude. And *I* wouldn't appreciate being uninvited to something so I'm not going to do it to someone else. Golden rule and all that.
:)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#86016 May 22, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
The big deal is that *I* feel like I'm being forced to be rude. And *I* wouldn't appreciate being uninvited to something so I'm not going to do it to someone else. Golden rule and all that.
:)
I can just see it now. If the roles were reversed, Jam would be on the phone with her friends o a party line call analyzing every moment they'd spent together trying to reconcile how wonderful he'd been all along with how rude he was for changing plans on her like that. But as it is now, the dude would likely say cool and then head out with the fellas to drink some beers while watch the Heat lose to the Pacers.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#86017 May 22, 2013
kinda like this

HER SIDE OF THE STORY

He was in an odd mood when I got to the bar, I thought it might have been my fault because I was a bit late but he didn't say anything much about it.

The conversation was quite slow going so I thought we should go off somewhere more intimate so we could talk more privately. We went to this restaurant and he was STILL acting a bit funny. I tried to cheer him up and started to wonder whether it was me or something else. I asked him, and he said no. But I wasn't really sure.

So anyway, in the cab on the way back to his house, I said that I love him and he just put his arm around me. I didn't know what the hell that meant because you know he doesn't say it back or anything. We finally got back to his place and I was wondering if he was going to dump me! So I tried to ask him about it but he just switched on the TV. Reluctantly, I said I was going to go to sleep. Then after about 10 minutes, he joined me and we had sex.

But, he still seemed really distracted, so afterwards I just wanted to leave but I just cried myself to sleep. I dunno, I just don't know what he thinks anymore. I mean, do you think he's met someone else???

HIS SIDE OF THE STORY

My team lost. Felt Kinda Tired. Got laid though.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#86018 May 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah...i was actually gonna nominate, the area my Grandfather's cabin was...northern portion of lower Michigan...Lotta woods and fresh lakes, great fishing....can't recall a tornado or forest fire, ever...the cold, comes with the safety and security....very secluded means not many jobs....
Lake effect snow...

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#86019 May 22, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Disclaimer: Really, really, really tired but I'm gonna take a shot at this...

He can have plans changed on him. Looks like he did.

The thing here is that he was invited by A and then un-invited. THAT is rude. JMW doesn't want to ditch him because she's made plans to spend the evening with him (at A's house).

So A is rude by un-inviting him and if JMW ditches him to hang with A then he's made plans and been left in the lurch.

True, he might be fine with that. Then again,(even though you think you speak for all men everywhere, you don't)...he may not like the idea of JMW bailing on him and leaving him on his own when he's made plans with her.

Just because A is rude doesn't mean JMW has to be.

West Palm Beach, FL

#86020 May 22, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>Disclaimer: Really, really, really tired but I'm gonna take a shot at this...

The thing here is that he was invited by A and then un-invited. THAT is rude. JMW doesn't want to ditch him because she's made plans to spend the evening with him (at A's house).

So A is rude by un-inviting him and if JMW ditches him to hang with A then he's made plans and been left in the lurch.

True, he might be fine with that. Then again,(even though you think you speak for all men everywhere, you don't)...he may not like the idea of JMW bailing on him and leaving him on his own when he's made plans with her.

Thank you.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#86021 May 22, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Disclaimer: Really, really, really tired but I'm gonna take a shot at this...
I don't buy into it being inherently rude. I think you have to look at the factors involved. How important is the event to the person being cancelled on? If its not that important, then I don't see it as rude. Additionally, if its something that can be rescheduled for some other time pretty easily, I'm not seeing a problem. Plans change that's life.

Another factor to look at is the reason for the cancellation especially compared to the importance of what is being cancelled. If we have plans to "hang out" and you're friend calls you with an extra ticket to ...whatever you chicks are into...Rent? Wicked? Hell yeah. Go ahead and go. We can "hang out" tomorrow. Or the next day. If I get last minute tickets to Pearl Jam? Later babe. We can hang out tomorrow. Pearl Jam is tonight only. However, if *WE* had tickets to Wicked, it would be rude to leave you in the lurch to go see Pearl Jam.

That's my take and I'm always right.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#86022 May 22, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>However, if *WE* had tickets to Wicked, it would be rude to leave you in the lurch to go see Pearl Jam.
That's my take and I'm always right.
I know it was just a get together at a friend's house, but in the context here (JMW correct me if I'm wrong) is they THEY "had tickets" to hang out together and then the friend uninvited one of them. That's not cool and going when the person that you "had tickets" with was uninvited, I think is rude.

And for the record...*I* am always right.:D

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#86023 May 22, 2013
Make sure to watch the video at the end. Its awesome. Drunk bitches rock.

http://consumerist.com/2013/05/16/this-may-no...

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#86024 May 23, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:

Hahahahahahaha!

Have I mentioned that I hate people who think that rules don't apply to them?

Location hidden

#86025 May 23, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Lake effect snow...
Yeah, but too far inland....in Spring they have Misquitos, the size of butterflies.....You'd have to stock up for the season....not many long drives, November to April.......or better yet.....also have a condo in Lake Worth, FL...lol...that's cheatin........

Location hidden

#86026 May 23, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
That's too cool.....who say's the new generation is losing their people skills?....lol.....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86027 May 23, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I didn't see any video at the end.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86028 May 23, 2013
Unless you meant the words on the screen that spoke for the theatre.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#86029 May 23, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min D-U-H 50,041
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Earthling-1 47,007
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RoxLo 1,115,129
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,560
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 178,586
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr RACE 639
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]