Topix Chitown Regulars

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86021 May 22, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Disclaimer: Really, really, really tired but I'm gonna take a shot at this...
He can have plans changed on him. Looks like he did.
The thing here is that he was invited by A and then un-invited. THAT is rude. JMW doesn't want to ditch him because she's made plans to spend the evening with him (at A's house).
So A is rude by un-inviting him and if JMW ditches him to hang with A then he's made plans and been left in the lurch.
True, he might be fine with that. Then again,(even though you think you speak for all men everywhere, you don't)...he may not like the idea of JMW bailing on him and leaving him on his own when he's made plans with her.
Just because A is rude doesn't mean JMW has to be.
I don't buy into it being inherently rude. I think you have to look at the factors involved. How important is the event to the person being cancelled on? If its not that important, then I don't see it as rude. Additionally, if its something that can be rescheduled for some other time pretty easily, I'm not seeing a problem. Plans change that's life.

Another factor to look at is the reason for the cancellation especially compared to the importance of what is being cancelled. If we have plans to "hang out" and you're friend calls you with an extra ticket to ...whatever you chicks are into...Rent? Wicked? Hell yeah. Go ahead and go. We can "hang out" tomorrow. Or the next day. If I get last minute tickets to Pearl Jam? Later babe. We can hang out tomorrow. Pearl Jam is tonight only. However, if *WE* had tickets to Wicked, it would be rude to leave you in the lurch to go see Pearl Jam.

That's my take and I'm always right.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86022 May 22, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>However, if *WE* had tickets to Wicked, it would be rude to leave you in the lurch to go see Pearl Jam.
That's my take and I'm always right.
I know it was just a get together at a friend's house, but in the context here (JMW correct me if I'm wrong) is they THEY "had tickets" to hang out together and then the friend uninvited one of them. That's not cool and going when the person that you "had tickets" with was uninvited, I think is rude.

And for the record...*I* am always right.:D

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#86023 May 22, 2013
Make sure to watch the video at the end. Its awesome. Drunk bitches rock.

http://consumerist.com/2013/05/16/this-may-no...

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#86024 May 23, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Make sure to watch the video at the end. Its awesome. Drunk bitches rock.

http://consumerist.com/2013/05/16/this-may-no...
Hahahahahahaha!

Have I mentioned that I hate people who think that rules don't apply to them?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86025 May 23, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Lake effect snow...
Yeah, but too far inland....in Spring they have Misquitos, the size of butterflies.....You'd have to stock up for the season....not many long drives, November to April.......or better yet.....also have a condo in Lake Worth, FL...lol...that's cheatin........

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86026 May 23, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Make sure to watch the video at the end. Its awesome. Drunk bitches rock.
http://consumerist.com/2013/05/16/this-may-no...
That's too cool.....who say's the new generation is losing their people skills?....lol.....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86027 May 23, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Make sure to watch the video at the end. Its awesome. Drunk bitches rock.
http://consumerist.com/2013/05/16/this-may-no...
I didn't see any video at the end.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86028 May 23, 2013
Unless you meant the words on the screen that spoke for the theatre.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#86029 May 23, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86030 May 23, 2013
Thanks!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86031 May 23, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Advice needed!
If you've been paying attention, haha, you know that I've been dating D. Last Saturday, my friend A met him for the first time (all went well, blah blah, no story there). While we were all hanging out, A talked about how she's going to have a get-together at her house this Friday because her cousin B is arriving for a visit from out of state (B is female, I've met her several times, she and A and I have been on vacation together, etc.). A was planning to invite a few friends from work, one of her neighbors, and D and I. Mixed group of guys and girls.
A was traveling for work this week and got back last night. I emailed her a little while ago to ask what the plan is for Friday and she wrote back saying that last night she decided to just make it a girls night because she doesn't have time to prepare for a full-blown thing. So it would just be me, her and B.
My dilemma is that while I understand that things change and she's trying to catch up from traveling, it's sort of rude to invite someone and then basically un-invite them. It would be better to just cancel/reschedule altogether IMO. On the other hand, I don't want to be that girl who ditches her friends for a guy.
Thoughts?
IMO, she did cancel it and now has invited the girls over. It doesn't sound like she's trying to be rude. Go with the flow.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#86032 May 23, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
In addition. while I don't think your friend was rude, you can't ditch the guy you're seeing. I think your friend will understand.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86033 May 23, 2013
Eh give him a BJ and then leave him alone for the night.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#86034 May 23, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Disclaimer: Really, really, really tired but I'm gonna take a shot at this...
He can have plans changed on him. Looks like he did.
The thing here is that he was invited by A and then un-invited. THAT is rude. JMW doesn't want to ditch him because she's made plans to spend the evening with him (at A's house).
So A is rude by un-inviting him and if JMW ditches him to hang with A then he's made plans and been left in the lurch.
True, he might be fine with that. Then again,(even though you think you speak for all men everywhere, you don't)...he may not like the idea of JMW bailing on him and leaving him on his own when he's made plans with her.
Just because A is rude doesn't mean JMW has to be.
I think Jamm is more rude for bailing on her friend just because there were a change in plans.

"There's been a slight change in plans."

"Well forget it, I'm not going at all then."

Her friends are gonna feel like she's ditching them to be with her boyfriend who she sees everyday, than with a friend she hasn't seen in a while.

Guess who likely isn't gonna be invited to the next get together?

I tried telling her not to create drama...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#86035 May 23, 2013
Whoever's invitation was accepted first gets priority.

If it was with BF, tell him plans for the evening have changed- would he like to see Gatsby instead?

Say A isn't up to a group, just teh girls but he has first dibs. Then if he says go with your gf's, I'm good, honor has been satisfied

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#86036 May 23, 2013
My coworker's 27yo nephew committed suicide yesterday in a psych ward.:(

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#86037 May 23, 2013
Out of politeness, I did not mention this alternative.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Eh give him a BJ and then leave him alone for the night.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#86038 May 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My coworker's 27yo nephew committed suicide yesterday in a psych ward.:(
:(

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#86039 May 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My coworker's 27yo nephew committed suicide yesterday in a psych ward.:(
Keeping coworker and family in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope he is now at peace and I hope that brings some comfort to those who loved him.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86040 May 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Whoever's invitation was accepted first gets priority.
If it was with BF, tell him plans for the evening have changed- would he like to see Gatsby instead?
Say A isn't up to a group, just teh girls but he has first dibs. Then if he says go with your gf's, I'm good, honor has been satisfied
I heard Gatsby sucked? Did you like it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,263,800
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Dr Guru 194,523
Ask Amy July 31 49 min Julie 6
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 54,356
abby7-31-15 3 hr mrs gladys kravitz 5
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Mark 52,069
Amy 7-30-15 7 hr Mister Tonka 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages