Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Squishy - hope things go better for the rest of the week. The weekend (including yesterday) sounds exhausting, but you have some good stories for when the girls grow up :)

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
So my niece has a cousin, his gf and their 2 kids missing in the tornado in Oklahoma. They aren't related to me, but still...
My heart goes out to all of the residents of OK and their families and friends. Hoping that your niece's family is found safe. I had to stop watching the news this morning because it was too overwhelming, especially hearing about the children.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
My heart goes out to all of the residents of OK and their families and friends. Hoping that your niece's family is found safe. I had to stop watching the news this morning because it was too overwhelming, especially hearing about the children.
I looked at a few pictures but had to stop for the same reason. Just hits way too close to home.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Squishy - hope things go better for the rest of the week. The weekend (including yesterday) sounds exhausting, but you have some good stories for when the girls grow up :)
Thanks Jess. It did get better in the evening when Lulu stepped up and was a total big kid about helping the GP. She gave him all the meds (I measured them out, tho) and deligently chopped up his greens and grated his carrot. Got up early to do the same this morning. We have to keep it up the food prep for 14 days (and one med is for 21 days) so I'm hoping that heaping praise on her will keep her motivated for the long haul.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Since the town is in the meddle of a tornado alley and was hit badly in 1999, WTH didn't teh grammar school have a safe room?

The school board/city/council members who voted against it should have their pictures plastered on teh i-net with their "budget" votes against it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Jess. It did get better in the evening when Lulu stepped up and was a total big kid about helping the GP. She gave him all the meds (I measured them out, tho) and deligently chopped up his greens and grated his carrot. Got up early to do the same this morning. We have to keep it up the food prep for 14 days (and one med is for 21 days) so I'm hoping that heaping praise on her will keep her motivated for the long haul.
Aw, your kids are so caring!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Well, just got the report on the guinea pig.$115 dollars to discover that we broke both his top incisors at the gumline. So he's going to have to have anti-biotics, and then some pro-biotics and something else that I can't remember right now. And we have to basically shred his food for him until the teeth grow back, and hopefully that will be before his bottom teeth grow too much and require another trip to the vet to have them filed down.
<sigh>
Awww, poor piggie! Puree-ing the meds in a bit of cucumber or a little bit of yogurt always made them disappear.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

SIL and her fiance have been in town since Friday. I'm ready for them to leave. They've been living at his parent's house since school ended. Their camp job starts in a week or so. I gave them a nice list of chores to do yesterday. For whatever reason, my SIL won't let Fiance do any work around our house, so she did chores meant for 2 people.*shrug* I told her that when a man offers help, take him up on it. Whatever.

Heh, and her dorm floor had an end of year "awards" ceremony, I guess, and SIL was voted "Most likely to be the subject of a Lifetime movie". She was nowhere near as amused as I was about this.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked at a few pictures but had to stop for the same reason. Just hits way too close to home.
I agree. It's horrifying and heartbreaking.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
SIL and her fiance have been in town since Friday. I'm ready for them to leave. They've been living at his parent's house since school ended. Their camp job starts in a week or so. I gave them a nice list of chores to do yesterday. For whatever reason, my SIL won't let Fiance do any work around our house, so she did chores meant for 2 people.*shrug* I told her that when a man offers help, take him up on it. Whatever.
Heh, and her dorm floor had an end of year "awards" ceremony, I guess, and SIL was voted "Most likely to be the subject of a Lifetime movie". She was nowhere near as amused as I was about this.
Hang in there!

I think that her award is HYSTERICAL, though!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP, Manzarek. They played the super long version of "Light My Fire" (not the usual radio version) this morning.
Alway's thought he was underrated as a musician....along with Dino Dinelli, the drummer for the, Rascals.....

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang in there!
I think that her award is HYSTERICAL, though!!!
Yeah, it was hard not to laugh as she's telling us this. And from her perspective, it's another "People are soooo mean to me" story instead of "Hey, maybe I should not be such a damn drama queen." lesson.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was hard not to laugh as she's telling us this. And from her perspective, it's another "People are soooo mean to me" story instead of "Hey, maybe I should not be such a damn drama queen." lesson.
She doesn't seem to get the hint, does she?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

So, is it any less a crime because it's two girls?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/florida...

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, poor piggie! Puree-ing the meds in a bit of cucumber or a little bit of yogurt always made them disappear.
These meds are liquid, so we have teeny tiny syringes and the vet instructed Lulu to put it in his cheek and squirt. He swallows it with no problem, thank goodness.

But I guess we need to give him a vitamin C suppliment (the vet suggested children's chewable tablets) and this technique sounds perfect for that. Thanks!

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Alway's thought he was underrated as a musician....along with Dino Dinelli, the drummer for the, Rascals.....
I totally agree. Most people don't realize that The Doors had no bass player; just Ray doing the bass part with his left hand and the melody with his right. Very talented guy and I'm sad he's gone.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

RACE wrote:
With so many of our counties and municipalities, having real financial problems.....seem's unlikely a District Attorney, would decide this battlke is worthy of the resources.....We need new, more liberal rules for teenagers and consentual sex......

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Freaking hilarious!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

RACE wrote:
Nope. Put her in chains and lock her @zz up.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty upset about it. My niece (Shawna...the one still here in my house) said he (he's actually a cousin to her daughter) was leaving Norman to go to Moore to get his GF and kids when he heard that it was on the way. None of them have been heard from yet. Shawna said knowing him he would be helping to rescue people. I'm hoping that's all it is.

Samantha, her daughter, is in Norman, but there was a bit of a freak out here for a while since Samantha's best (and other) friend(s) lives in Moore, but she was in Norman and she's safe. My other niece (Tonya, Shawna's sister) lives in Lawton, so she and her kids are a good ways away from it, fortunately.

For the record, we aren't (at all) from OK. Shawna and Tonya moved there as adults and had families.

Shawna (who knows about these things apparently) says she can't understand why they keep rebuilding that town. Apparently it was destroyed several times. <shrug> Yeah, gotta agree with that. I also don't understand why the schools don't have safe rooms/basements.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Jacques from Ottawa 175,055
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min j rocker 1,082,982
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min Mothra 45,865
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 53 min raphael 3,841
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 68,430
Tax Squeal report tax fraud: Oklahoma Doctor Se... 1 hr peytwatson025 1
1 Blessing From God 1 hr Stephen Levi 2
Abby 7-29 5 hr j_m_w 16
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••