Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#85828 May 20, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
DId they just change it? I haven't been on in a week or so. Am I gonna get mad???
Last week it was giving me the option to see the new format. This morning, it forced me. But my friend S said his looked the same as before so I don't know if they're rolling it out in stages, or based on geography or what.

To me, it looks more like it looks on the iPad now. It doesn't have the little feed on the right side that shows who liked what picture and stuff, which was a really efficient stalking method. ;)

Eh... I'll get used to it.

Miami, FL

#85829 May 20, 2013
Oh, fridge magnet update: the subject came up over the weekend and it was not an awkward or uncomfortable conversation (ironic timing though). I ran it by my friend S this morning and he said I should take them down, so as of lunchtime today when I go home to walk the dogs, they'll be gone. Facebook is staying as is, at least for now.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#85830 May 20, 2013
HA!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
There is SO SO SO much more for you to listen to young Grasshopper.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85831 May 20, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week it was giving me the option to see the new format. This morning, it forced me. But my friend S said his looked the same as before so I don't know if they're rolling it out in stages, or based on geography or what.
To me, it looks more like it looks on the iPad now. It doesn't have the little feed on the right side that shows who liked what picture and stuff, which was a really efficient stalking method. ;)
Eh... I'll get used to it.
I hate that I can't block the ad/spams on FB on my ipad.

I don't like that they want me to choose a "mood" for the moment, either.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85832 May 20, 2013
Well, I have to say this is one Monday morning I'm glad to be back to work; my weekend was nuts.

Friday night we had the ice show. I sat in the stands with the MIL. The girls' performance went well, so I was feeling good...until I saw Nunu with a stage mom clearly looking for me. I ran down to her thinking that she was really hurt. Nope, had been goofing off "backstage" (which is really a gym) and waited too long to go pee and couldn't get her costume + 2 layers of leotard off in time and soaked her tights, leotard and costume. No finale for Nunu that night, and we finally made it home around 10pm = way past bedtime. Dickie had a show at his studio, so he got home around midnight, and we were both almost asleep when Lulu wandered into our bedroom. I told her to go potty and she left the room but came right back in, where she proceeded to use our bedroom floor as a toilet. I lost it completely; mopping up at 12:30am is no fun and since this was the second incident of the night, I had just had it with pee.

In the morning we determined that Lulu was most likely sleepwalking since she doesn't remember anything but getting yelled at. We decided that staying for the finale was just too much, so we'd skip it this evening and agreed to never speak of it again. Had a good, if not totally focued, swim lesson, went to see some of Lulu's art at the school district's art festival and listened to her school's elementary chorus. All in all a lovely afternoon. Saturday's performance went well; my dad and his ladyfriend were there, so we skipped the finale as planned and got some ice cream with them. Still got to bed late, but it was less stressful.

Sunday morning was nice and lazy, maybe too lazy because we had to rush over to Target so we could get back in time to pick up Dickie and get to the ice rink by 2:15. As we were getting ready, Lulu asked to play outside until we left. No problem, until about 5 minutes later, just as I'm trying to lock the door I hear her crying; she fell down and skinned both her knees. <sigh> Went back in to get band-aid's and neosporin and doctored her up at the rink. Then I had to sit next to my mother for the whole performance, listening to her make snide comments about the skaters. Both girls made the finale, where Nunu decided that she was not quite done skating and proceded to do her own little solo while the "real" soloists were being introduced. I thought it was funny and adorable; my mother wanted me to go out on the ice and stop her. <sigh> Then out for dinner with mom and step-dad (the girls wore their costumes; too cute) and finally back home. Lulu still had to clean out the guinea pig's cage and give him a bath and she did that in record time, so we had a few minutes to play with him. He escaped under the couch and had to be pulled out, which he did NOT like, so as we were trying to get him back in his cage ('cause by now it was past bedtime) he jumped out of Nunu's hand and landed on his face. Bloodied his nose and chipped a tooth, so now we have a vet appointment at 3:30 this afternoon.$60 bucks to tell us there's probably nothing we can do (although they said on the phone that depending on how bad it is, they might have to pull the tooth). <sigh>

So I'm really glad to be doing nothing more stressful than stuffing envelopes this morning.

Neda, stay with me!

#85833 May 20, 2013
I'm exhausted just reading all this!
squishymama wrote:
Well, I have to say this is one Monday morning I'm glad to be back to work; my weekend was nuts.
Friday night we had the ice show. I sat in the stands with the MIL. The girls' performance went well, so I was feeling good...until I saw Nunu with a stage mom clearly looking for me. I ran down to her thinking that she was really hurt. Nope, had been goofing off "backstage" (which is really a gym) and waited too long to go pee and couldn't get her costume + 2 layers of leotard off in time and soaked her tights, leotard and costume. No finale for Nunu that night, and we finally made it home around 10pm = way past bedtime. Dickie had a show at his studio, so he got home around midnight, and we were both almost asleep when Lulu wandered into our bedroom. I told her to go potty and she left the room but came right back in, where she proceeded to use our bedroom floor as a toilet. I lost it completely; mopping up at 12:30am is no fun and since this was the second incident of the night, I had just had it with pee.
In the morning we determined that Lulu was most likely sleepwalking since she doesn't remember anything but getting yelled at. We decided that staying for the finale was just too much, so we'd skip it this evening and agreed to never speak of it again. Had a good, if not totally focued, swim lesson, went to see some of Lulu's art at the school district's art festival and listened to her school's elementary chorus. All in all a lovely afternoon. Saturday's performance went well; my dad and his ladyfriend were there, so we skipped the finale as planned and got some ice cream with them. Still got to bed late, but it was less stressful.
Sunday morning was nice and lazy, maybe too lazy because we had to rush over to Target so we could get back in time to pick up Dickie and get to the ice rink by 2:15. As we were getting ready, Lulu asked to play outside until we left. No problem, until about 5 minutes later, just as I'm trying to lock the door I hear her crying; she fell down and skinned both her knees. <sigh> Went back in to get band-aid's and neosporin and doctored her up at the rink. Then I had to sit next to my mother for the whole performance, listening to her make snide comments about the skaters. Both girls made the finale, where Nunu decided that she was not quite done skating and proceded to do her own little solo while the "real" soloists were being introduced. I thought it was funny and adorable; my mother wanted me to go out on the ice and stop her. <sigh> Then out for dinner with mom and step-dad (the girls wore their costumes; too cute) and finally back home. Lulu still had to clean out the guinea pig's cage and give him a bath and she did that in record time, so we had a few minutes to play with him. He escaped under the couch and had to be pulled out, which he did NOT like, so as we were trying to get him back in his cage ('cause by now it was past bedtime) he jumped out of Nunu's hand and landed on his face. Bloodied his nose and chipped a tooth, so now we have a vet appointment at 3:30 this afternoon.$60 bucks to tell us there's probably nothing we can do (although they said on the phone that depending on how bad it is, they might have to pull the tooth). <sigh>
So I'm really glad to be doing nothing more stressful than stuffing envelopes this morning.

Evanston IL

#85834 May 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Try living it!
:D

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85835 May 20, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Nunu decided that she was not quite done skating and proceded to do her own little solo while the "real" soloists were being introduced. I thought it was funny and adorable; my mother wanted me to go out on the ice and stop her.
Ha! This was awesome! Your mom was wrong and it sounds adorable.

Evanston IL

#85836 May 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! This was awesome! Your mom was wrong and it sounds adorable.
My mom is often wrong about my kids.

I asked her who's going to get angry at a 5 year old in a mantinee performance that only filled about half the rink?

Nobody, that's who.

Neda, stay with me!

#85837 May 20, 2013
Well, nobody besides you mom anyway...
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom is often wrong about my kids.
I asked her who's going to get angry at a 5 year old in a mantinee performance that only filled about half the rink?
Nobody, that's who.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85839 May 20, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
DId they just change it? I haven't been on in a week or so. Am I gonna get mad???
Yeah. They moved stuff around...again. Not mad exactly, more just annoyed.

Evanston IL

#85840 May 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Well, nobody besides you mom anyway...
<quoted text>
Oh, she had lots of problems with the show. I mean really, it's a community-produced show full of regular people who happen to be taking ice skating lessons. I had to pay for the girls to be it, so if one of them wants to goof off during the finale, I figure she's/I've paid for that right.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85841 May 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, too.

Was it Homer's ,at last, for ice cream?

Evanston IL

#85842 May 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, too.
Was it Homer's ,at last, for ice cream?
Nah, we just went down the street to Steak'n'Shake.

We did, however, go to Homer's on the Saturday of Mother's Day weekend. The peppermint ice cream was a big hit and we will definitely be going back.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85843 May 20, 2013
So which one of you Floridian brats won the Powerball? ;)

Miami, FL

#85844 May 20, 2013
Toj wrote:
Not me, but I had some fantasies about it on Saturday afternoon and evening....

Neda, stay with me!

#85845 May 20, 2013
If it were me, I would so be putting it in your faces.
Toj wrote:

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85846 May 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
If it were me, I would so be putting it in your faces.
<quoted text>
As long as you sent a check as a token of your affection you could put it in my ....
purse (Get your mind out of the gutter)
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85847 May 20, 2013
Toj wrote:
I actually haven't checked my numbers yet! But I don't think the winning ticket came from where I bought it.

Too bad. I told my friends I'd buy them a pizza if I won. And I would even spring for a topping! If I had a Groupon...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85848 May 20, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually haven't checked my numbers yet! But I don't think the winning ticket came from where I bought it.
Too bad. I told my friends I'd buy them a pizza if I won. And I would even spring for a topping! If I had a Groupon...
You know, you're just nice and generous that way.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 min andet1987 1,470
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,109,865
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min LRS 178,032
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 29 min KiMare 49,818
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 47 min andet1987 1,278
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,709
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr _Zoey_ 322
Amy 9-16 2 hr ralph 51
Dear Abby 9-17-14 4 hr ralph 17
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search