Comments
84,641 - 84,660 of 97,840 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85828
May 20, 2013
 
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
DId they just change it? I haven't been on in a week or so. Am I gonna get mad???
Last week it was giving me the option to see the new format. This morning, it forced me. But my friend S said his looked the same as before so I don't know if they're rolling it out in stages, or based on geography or what.

To me, it looks more like it looks on the iPad now. It doesn't have the little feed on the right side that shows who liked what picture and stuff, which was a really efficient stalking method. ;)

Eh... I'll get used to it.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85829
May 20, 2013
 
Oh, fridge magnet update: the subject came up over the weekend and it was not an awkward or uncomfortable conversation (ironic timing though). I ran it by my friend S this morning and he said I should take them down, so as of lunchtime today when I go home to walk the dogs, they'll be gone. Facebook is staying as is, at least for now.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85830
May 20, 2013
 
HA!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
There is SO SO SO much more for you to listen to young Grasshopper.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85831
May 20, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week it was giving me the option to see the new format. This morning, it forced me. But my friend S said his looked the same as before so I don't know if they're rolling it out in stages, or based on geography or what.
To me, it looks more like it looks on the iPad now. It doesn't have the little feed on the right side that shows who liked what picture and stuff, which was a really efficient stalking method. ;)
Eh... I'll get used to it.
I hate that I can't block the ad/spams on FB on my ipad.

I don't like that they want me to choose a "mood" for the moment, either.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85832
May 20, 2013
 
Well, I have to say this is one Monday morning I'm glad to be back to work; my weekend was nuts.

Friday night we had the ice show. I sat in the stands with the MIL. The girls' performance went well, so I was feeling good...until I saw Nunu with a stage mom clearly looking for me. I ran down to her thinking that she was really hurt. Nope, had been goofing off "backstage" (which is really a gym) and waited too long to go pee and couldn't get her costume + 2 layers of leotard off in time and soaked her tights, leotard and costume. No finale for Nunu that night, and we finally made it home around 10pm = way past bedtime. Dickie had a show at his studio, so he got home around midnight, and we were both almost asleep when Lulu wandered into our bedroom. I told her to go potty and she left the room but came right back in, where she proceeded to use our bedroom floor as a toilet. I lost it completely; mopping up at 12:30am is no fun and since this was the second incident of the night, I had just had it with pee.

In the morning we determined that Lulu was most likely sleepwalking since she doesn't remember anything but getting yelled at. We decided that staying for the finale was just too much, so we'd skip it this evening and agreed to never speak of it again. Had a good, if not totally focued, swim lesson, went to see some of Lulu's art at the school district's art festival and listened to her school's elementary chorus. All in all a lovely afternoon. Saturday's performance went well; my dad and his ladyfriend were there, so we skipped the finale as planned and got some ice cream with them. Still got to bed late, but it was less stressful.

Sunday morning was nice and lazy, maybe too lazy because we had to rush over to Target so we could get back in time to pick up Dickie and get to the ice rink by 2:15. As we were getting ready, Lulu asked to play outside until we left. No problem, until about 5 minutes later, just as I'm trying to lock the door I hear her crying; she fell down and skinned both her knees. <sigh> Went back in to get band-aid's and neosporin and doctored her up at the rink. Then I had to sit next to my mother for the whole performance, listening to her make snide comments about the skaters. Both girls made the finale, where Nunu decided that she was not quite done skating and proceded to do her own little solo while the "real" soloists were being introduced. I thought it was funny and adorable; my mother wanted me to go out on the ice and stop her. <sigh> Then out for dinner with mom and step-dad (the girls wore their costumes; too cute) and finally back home. Lulu still had to clean out the guinea pig's cage and give him a bath and she did that in record time, so we had a few minutes to play with him. He escaped under the couch and had to be pulled out, which he did NOT like, so as we were trying to get him back in his cage ('cause by now it was past bedtime) he jumped out of Nunu's hand and landed on his face. Bloodied his nose and chipped a tooth, so now we have a vet appointment at 3:30 this afternoon.$60 bucks to tell us there's probably nothing we can do (although they said on the phone that depending on how bad it is, they might have to pull the tooth). <sigh>

So I'm really glad to be doing nothing more stressful than stuffing envelopes this morning.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85833
May 20, 2013
 
I'm exhausted just reading all this!
squishymama wrote:
Well, I have to say this is one Monday morning I'm glad to be back to work; my weekend was nuts.
Friday night we had the ice show. I sat in the stands with the MIL. The girls' performance went well, so I was feeling good...until I saw Nunu with a stage mom clearly looking for me. I ran down to her thinking that she was really hurt. Nope, had been goofing off "backstage" (which is really a gym) and waited too long to go pee and couldn't get her costume + 2 layers of leotard off in time and soaked her tights, leotard and costume. No finale for Nunu that night, and we finally made it home around 10pm = way past bedtime. Dickie had a show at his studio, so he got home around midnight, and we were both almost asleep when Lulu wandered into our bedroom. I told her to go potty and she left the room but came right back in, where she proceeded to use our bedroom floor as a toilet. I lost it completely; mopping up at 12:30am is no fun and since this was the second incident of the night, I had just had it with pee.
In the morning we determined that Lulu was most likely sleepwalking since she doesn't remember anything but getting yelled at. We decided that staying for the finale was just too much, so we'd skip it this evening and agreed to never speak of it again. Had a good, if not totally focued, swim lesson, went to see some of Lulu's art at the school district's art festival and listened to her school's elementary chorus. All in all a lovely afternoon. Saturday's performance went well; my dad and his ladyfriend were there, so we skipped the finale as planned and got some ice cream with them. Still got to bed late, but it was less stressful.
Sunday morning was nice and lazy, maybe too lazy because we had to rush over to Target so we could get back in time to pick up Dickie and get to the ice rink by 2:15. As we were getting ready, Lulu asked to play outside until we left. No problem, until about 5 minutes later, just as I'm trying to lock the door I hear her crying; she fell down and skinned both her knees. <sigh> Went back in to get band-aid's and neosporin and doctored her up at the rink. Then I had to sit next to my mother for the whole performance, listening to her make snide comments about the skaters. Both girls made the finale, where Nunu decided that she was not quite done skating and proceded to do her own little solo while the "real" soloists were being introduced. I thought it was funny and adorable; my mother wanted me to go out on the ice and stop her. <sigh> Then out for dinner with mom and step-dad (the girls wore their costumes; too cute) and finally back home. Lulu still had to clean out the guinea pig's cage and give him a bath and she did that in record time, so we had a few minutes to play with him. He escaped under the couch and had to be pulled out, which he did NOT like, so as we were trying to get him back in his cage ('cause by now it was past bedtime) he jumped out of Nunu's hand and landed on his face. Bloodied his nose and chipped a tooth, so now we have a vet appointment at 3:30 this afternoon.$60 bucks to tell us there's probably nothing we can do (although they said on the phone that depending on how bad it is, they might have to pull the tooth). <sigh>
So I'm really glad to be doing nothing more stressful than stuffing envelopes this morning.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85834
May 20, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
I'm exhausted just reading all this!
<quoted text>
Try living it!
:D

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85835
May 20, 2013
 
squishymama wrote:
Nunu decided that she was not quite done skating and proceded to do her own little solo while the "real" soloists were being introduced. I thought it was funny and adorable; my mother wanted me to go out on the ice and stop her.
Ha! This was awesome! Your mom was wrong and it sounds adorable.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85836
May 20, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! This was awesome! Your mom was wrong and it sounds adorable.
My mom is often wrong about my kids.

I asked her who's going to get angry at a 5 year old in a mantinee performance that only filled about half the rink?

Nobody, that's who.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85837
May 20, 2013
 
Well, nobody besides you mom anyway...
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom is often wrong about my kids.
I asked her who's going to get angry at a 5 year old in a mantinee performance that only filled about half the rink?
Nobody, that's who.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85839
May 20, 2013
 
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
DId they just change it? I haven't been on in a week or so. Am I gonna get mad???
Yeah. They moved stuff around...again. Not mad exactly, more just annoyed.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85840
May 20, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
Well, nobody besides you mom anyway...
<quoted text>
Oh, she had lots of problems with the show. I mean really, it's a community-produced show full of regular people who happen to be taking ice skating lessons. I had to pay for the girls to be it, so if one of them wants to goof off during the finale, I figure she's/I've paid for that right.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85841
May 20, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
I'm exhausted just reading all this!
<quoted text>
Me, too.

Was it Homer's ,at last, for ice cream?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85842
May 20, 2013
 
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, too.
Was it Homer's ,at last, for ice cream?
Nah, we just went down the street to Steak'n'Shake.

We did, however, go to Homer's on the Saturday of Mother's Day weekend. The peppermint ice cream was a big hit and we will definitely be going back.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85843
May 20, 2013
 
So which one of you Floridian brats won the Powerball? ;)

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85844
May 20, 2013
 
Toj wrote:
So which one of you Floridian brats won the Powerball? ;)
Not me, but I had some fantasies about it on Saturday afternoon and evening....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85845
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

If it were me, I would so be putting it in your faces.
Toj wrote:
So which one of you Floridian brats won the Powerball? ;)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85846
May 20, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
If it were me, I would so be putting it in your faces.
<quoted text>
As long as you sent a check as a token of your affection you could put it in my ....
*
*
*
*
*
purse (Get your mind out of the gutter)
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85847
May 20, 2013
 
Toj wrote:
So which one of you Floridian brats won the Powerball? ;)
I actually haven't checked my numbers yet! But I don't think the winning ticket came from where I bought it.

Too bad. I told my friends I'd buy them a pizza if I won. And I would even spring for a topping! If I had a Groupon...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85848
May 20, 2013
 
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually haven't checked my numbers yet! But I don't think the winning ticket came from where I bought it.
Too bad. I told my friends I'd buy them a pizza if I won. And I would even spring for a topping! If I had a Groupon...
You know, you're just nice and generous that way.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 176,831
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min shinningelectr0n 1,096,423
Amy 8-22 53 min Kuuipo 12
Racist graffiti appears on Chicago night club b... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,246
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr danetoo 68,301
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,635

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:15AM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••