Comments
84,621 - 84,640 of 97,916 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85808 May 19, 2013
The isle is the difference between statistic and personal experience.

If there is a 20% chance of rain that holds true for a regional, a large area or group. If it is raining on you, the chance is 100%.

The rehousing market is improving unless you can't sell your house.

The job market is improving unless your hours are being cut or you have been laid off.

Both are valid observation, just from different viewpoints.

Fair number of people around here rale about others not seeing different viewpoints. A bit of empathy might be in order.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#85809 May 19, 2013
See, this is the kinda crap I was worried about happening with me, and you said Noooooooooo, cant happen.

Even if I had a fake page, i could not let my daughter friend me cause then somebody could see my friends, find my daughter (honeslty how many 25yr olds are gonna be my friend) and then learn my true idendity.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
So my first ever FB issue. My sister "de freinded" and blocked her POS husband. I had my settings so that only friends and friends of friends could see/comment. This morning I see that a comment made by my sister and commented on by me was "liked" by her POS (soon to be) ex because he went through the page of another friend in order to see/comment. Right?
I changed my settings to "friends only" and emailed the other friend to let her know what Douchebag was doing, but interestingly enough, I looked it up and him "liking" my comment is in violation of the restraining order. Score!

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85810 May 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>See, this is the kinda crap I was worried about happening with me, and you said Noooooooooo, cant happen.

Even if I had a fake page, i could not let my daughter friend me cause then somebody could see my friends, find my daughter (honeslty how many 25yr olds are gonna be my friend) and then learn my true idendity.
The fake page wasn't to keep you hidden from us, it was about your exes. Right? You can set everything to "friends only" and hide your friends list from people.

We are your friends... We have a circle of trust ;)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85811 May 19, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
The fake page wasn't to keep you hidden from us, it was about your exes. Right? You can set everything to "friends only" and hide your friends list from people.
I have had a FB page for about 2 years and hadn't been there since maybe last November.

I updated my photo. I have now exhausted my FB expertise and possibly my level of interest.

So if I wanted to friend one this group of imaginary friends would that mean all my cousins would see you or can you set up exclusive circles/groups ??

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85812 May 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
See, this is the kinda crap I was worried about happening with me, and you said Noooooooooo, cant happen.
<quoted text>
Well this is really just because my POS BIL wants a way to harass my sister. <shrug> I blocked him immediately. I had my settings so that friends and friends of friends could see me and what I said. He is a mutual friend with another person so that let him see my stuff by going through her page. I just changed my settings to "friends only" and now he can't see anything anymore. It was fine the way it was, but as I said, so many many many times before, he is a colossal POS.

I emailed the mutual friend to let her know what he was doing, using her page to get to me, thus get to my sister. She unfriended him. Voila.

And you know, you don't have to use your real name. My page is real, but I use the same nom de internet that I use here. <shrug> Only a few non-related people know my secret identity, and that's because I let them know, so you know...make a GD facebook and friend me already.(-_-)

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85813 May 19, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. And he can friend his daughter but if he's set to "friends only" then her friends, including the ex, et. al. can't see him.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85814 May 19, 2013
Rush rocks.

&fe ature=share

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#85815 May 19, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, 154,374 people losing their jobs is GREAT news for the economy!
Wow, you people just refuse to get it.
Everything's fine, folks! Don't look over here! Trust me, things are really turning around!
"These are the lowest first-quarter layoff and job loss levels since 1996."

So I guess you were bitching about the layoff #'s in 2000-2007 since this year's # is better than all the Bush years. How many times did you pull this stat from your ass to go off on the Bush administration? Oh, that's right. None.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85816 May 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Rush rocks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =x-xEr489gHYXX&feature=sha re
Been telling you guys that for years...

Neda, stay with me!

#85817 May 19, 2013
If your impressed by a cover band, you should mainline the real stuff.
Mister Tonka wrote:
Rush rocks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =x-xEr489gHYXX&feature=sha re

Neda, stay with me!

#85818 May 19, 2013
You did see the drum kit increase by a factor of 5...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#85819 May 19, 2013
I actually did not even watch the Foo cover. Friend who loves Foo Fighters posted link to facebook. Might check it out later.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#85820 May 19, 2013
Limelight came on the radio today and i listened to the whole thing

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85821 May 20, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85822 May 20, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
"These are the lowest first-quarter layoff and job loss levels since 1996."
So I guess you were bitching about the layoff #'s in 2000-2007 since this year's # is better than all the Bush years. How many times did you pull this stat from your ass to go off on the Bush administration? Oh, that's right. None.
Who was president in 1996?

And the unemployment rate is much higher. Remember, they don't count the ones who have given up or the ones whose unemployment has run out.

Adding a few part time and minimum wage jobs is not a recovery.

And lastly, 7% unemployment is not acceptable as the new norm.

Miami, FL

#85823 May 20, 2013
Speaking of Facebook, I don't like the new format. I usually try not to complain about this type of stuff but this time, I'm complaining. There. I feel better now.
;P

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85824 May 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
You did see the drum kit increase by a factor of 5...
Right? RIGHT?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85825 May 20, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Limelight came on the radio today and i listened to the whole thing
And?

There is SO SO SO much more for you to listen to young Grasshopper.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85826 May 20, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Speaking of Facebook, I don't like the new format. I usually try not to complain about this type of stuff but this time, I'm complaining. There. I feel better now.
;P
Yeah me too. Either...whatever I don't like it.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85827 May 20, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah me too. Either...whatever I don't like it.
DId they just change it? I haven't been on in a week or so. Am I gonna get mad???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min wojar 177,340
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min THE DEVIL 1,099,789
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 1 hr Jew Snakes 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,935
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 3 hr rodeo3queen 4
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000