“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85854 May 20, 2013
Oh dear. The pictures look awful. I hope they came through it okay.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#85855 May 20, 2013
Ray Manzarek played on a Weird Al song...:
&fe ature=youtu.be

Craigslist is the name of the song.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85856 May 21, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85858 May 21, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ra5x88C0yQYXX&feature=you tu.be
RIP, Manzarek. They played the super long version of "Light My Fire" (not the usual radio version) this morning.

Location hidden

#85859 May 21, 2013
Not a bad interview with Lou Gramm of Foreigner, who talks about drugs, his brain tumor, and being born again:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/05/...
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85860 May 21, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ra5x88C0yQYXX&feature=you tu.be
I have a Wierd Al Craigslist shirt at got at one of his concerts. I wear it all the time! He's in his leather pants and puffy shirt!!!
edogxxx

Chicago, IL

#85861 May 21, 2013
Got a letter from the unemployment office. They're cutting benefits 16%. They're blamming it on the sequester. So people who are already suffering are taking another hit. Thanks yet again, Obama.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85862 May 21, 2013
Squishy - hope things go better for the rest of the week. The weekend (including yesterday) sounds exhausting, but you have some good stories for when the girls grow up :)

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85863 May 21, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
So my niece has a cousin, his gf and their 2 kids missing in the tornado in Oklahoma. They aren't related to me, but still...
My heart goes out to all of the residents of OK and their families and friends. Hoping that your niece's family is found safe. I had to stop watching the news this morning because it was too overwhelming, especially hearing about the children.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85864 May 21, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
My heart goes out to all of the residents of OK and their families and friends. Hoping that your niece's family is found safe. I had to stop watching the news this morning because it was too overwhelming, especially hearing about the children.
I looked at a few pictures but had to stop for the same reason. Just hits way too close to home.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#85865 May 21, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Squishy - hope things go better for the rest of the week. The weekend (including yesterday) sounds exhausting, but you have some good stories for when the girls grow up :)
Thanks Jess. It did get better in the evening when Lulu stepped up and was a total big kid about helping the GP. She gave him all the meds (I measured them out, tho) and deligently chopped up his greens and grated his carrot. Got up early to do the same this morning. We have to keep it up the food prep for 14 days (and one med is for 21 days) so I'm hoping that heaping praise on her will keep her motivated for the long haul.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85866 May 21, 2013
Since the town is in the meddle of a tornado alley and was hit badly in 1999, WTH didn't teh grammar school have a safe room?

The school board/city/council members who voted against it should have their pictures plastered on teh i-net with their "budget" votes against it.

Location hidden

#85867 May 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Jess. It did get better in the evening when Lulu stepped up and was a total big kid about helping the GP. She gave him all the meds (I measured them out, tho) and deligently chopped up his greens and grated his carrot. Got up early to do the same this morning. We have to keep it up the food prep for 14 days (and one med is for 21 days) so I'm hoping that heaping praise on her will keep her motivated for the long haul.
Aw, your kids are so caring!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#85868 May 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Well, just got the report on the guinea pig.$115 dollars to discover that we broke both his top incisors at the gumline. So he's going to have to have anti-biotics, and then some pro-biotics and something else that I can't remember right now. And we have to basically shred his food for him until the teeth grow back, and hopefully that will be before his bottom teeth grow too much and require another trip to the vet to have them filed down.
<sigh>
Awww, poor piggie! Puree-ing the meds in a bit of cucumber or a little bit of yogurt always made them disappear.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#85869 May 21, 2013
SIL and her fiance have been in town since Friday. I'm ready for them to leave. They've been living at his parent's house since school ended. Their camp job starts in a week or so. I gave them a nice list of chores to do yesterday. For whatever reason, my SIL won't let Fiance do any work around our house, so she did chores meant for 2 people.*shrug* I told her that when a man offers help, take him up on it. Whatever.

Heh, and her dorm floor had an end of year "awards" ceremony, I guess, and SIL was voted "Most likely to be the subject of a Lifetime movie". She was nowhere near as amused as I was about this.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85870 May 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked at a few pictures but had to stop for the same reason. Just hits way too close to home.
I agree. It's horrifying and heartbreaking.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85871 May 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
SIL and her fiance have been in town since Friday. I'm ready for them to leave. They've been living at his parent's house since school ended. Their camp job starts in a week or so. I gave them a nice list of chores to do yesterday. For whatever reason, my SIL won't let Fiance do any work around our house, so she did chores meant for 2 people.*shrug* I told her that when a man offers help, take him up on it. Whatever.
Heh, and her dorm floor had an end of year "awards" ceremony, I guess, and SIL was voted "Most likely to be the subject of a Lifetime movie". She was nowhere near as amused as I was about this.
Hang in there!

I think that her award is HYSTERICAL, though!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85872 May 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP, Manzarek. They played the super long version of "Light My Fire" (not the usual radio version) this morning.
Alway's thought he was underrated as a musician....along with Dino Dinelli, the drummer for the, Rascals.....

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#85873 May 21, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang in there!
I think that her award is HYSTERICAL, though!!!
Yeah, it was hard not to laugh as she's telling us this. And from her perspective, it's another "People are soooo mean to me" story instead of "Hey, maybe I should not be such a damn drama queen." lesson.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85874 May 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was hard not to laugh as she's telling us this. And from her perspective, it's another "People are soooo mean to me" story instead of "Hey, maybe I should not be such a damn drama queen." lesson.
She doesn't seem to get the hint, does she?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min FastandFurious 187,288
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,219,745
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Wolverine33 5,201
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Wolverine33 5,900
Ask Amy 4-25-15 2 hr PEllen 1
Dear Abby 4-25-15 2 hr PEllen 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 69,677
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]