“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85786 May 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/T2MO7L247OIRREF3K#lastPos t
Amy
Wake up you bright little chickadees, its Saturday!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TILQL73EHA...

Abby.

What? There aren't 5 posts already?
Rise and shine, kiddo's

Saturday farmers markets are open, early birds get the good stuff.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85787 May 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Saturday farmers markets are open, early birds get the good stuff.
none of it is better than the extra sleep i get for skipping that nonsense

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85788 May 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
What? There aren't 5 posts already?
Rise and shine, kiddo's
I've got no reason to get up early on a Saturday anymore.

Forbes came out with the top five cities that have the highest unemployment (my own included.)

Know what they all have in common? They're all run by Democrats. Anyone surprised?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#85789 May 18, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got no reason to get up early on a Saturday anymore.
Forbes came out with the top five cities that have the highest unemployment (my own included.)
Know what they all have in common? They're all run by Democrats. Anyone surprised?
I'm not surprised that you would make stuff up. The top ten with highest unemployment are mostly in CA, one in NJ and one in Az. Not one in Illinois. Did you move from lovely downtown Braidwood?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85792 May 18, 2013
dahgts wrote:
I'm not surprised that you would make stuff up. The top ten with highest unemployment are mostly in CA, one in NJ and one in Az. Not one in Illinois. Did you move from lovely downtown Braidwood?
Man, I've tried twice and the post keeps getting deleted. But anyway, I'm not making shti up. Apparently I can't post the link but it's from a yahoo article.

Top five are:

No. 1 Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, Calif.
Initial claimants: 27,042

No. 2 New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, N.Y.-N.J.-Pa.
Initial claimants: 8,693

No. 3 Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif.
Initial claimants: 6,562

No. 4 Chicago-Joliet-Naperville, Ill.
Initial claimants: 5,513

No. 5 San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.
Initial claimants: 3,011

And I don't live in Braidwood!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85793 May 18, 2013
And I feel terrible. I was at my mother's helping out with some yard work. I saw something moving under the ground. So I thought it was a mole. So I stomped on it. Turned out to be a nest of bunnies. Five were killed but at least four or five others got away unharmed. My mother was quite upset. So I took her to see Star Trek. In 3D! Wasn't as great as I had hoped but it was okay.
Dahgts

Chicago, IL

#85794 May 18, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, I've tried twice and the post keeps getting deleted. But anyway, I'm not making shti up. Apparently I can't post the link but it's from a yahoo article.
Top five are:
No. 1 Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, Calif.
Initial claimants: 27,042
No. 2 New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, N.Y.-N.J.-Pa.
Initial claimants: 8,693
No. 3 Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif.
Initial claimants: 6,562
No. 4 Chicago-Joliet-Naperville, Ill.
Initial claimants: 5,513
No. 5 San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.
Initial claimants: 3,011
And I don't live in Braidwood!
I'm on the iPod but my info was. From the Forbes. Site and they gave percentages not claimants. I'm on the iPod so can't post link.

Sorry about the insult, although braidwood isn't so bad.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85795 May 18, 2013
Dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on the iPod but my info was. From the Forbes. Site and they gave percentages not claimants. I'm on the iPod so can't post link.
Sorry about the insult, although braidwood isn't so bad.
It just glows in the dark

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#85796 May 18, 2013
You killed bunnies and took your mom to star trek to make it better?
edogxxx wrote:
And I feel terrible. I was at my mother's helping out with some yard work. I saw something moving under the ground. So I thought it was a mole. So I stomped on it. Turned out to be a nest of bunnies. Five were killed but at least four or five others got away unharmed. My mother was quite upset. So I took her to see Star Trek. In 3D! Wasn't as great as I had hoped but it was okay.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85797 May 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Das Right! You bitches need to just be thankful!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/pat-...
No words. Just, no words it's that offensive.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85798 May 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
You killed bunnies and took your mom to star trek to make it better?
<quoted text>
Okay. This was funny. I probably find this funny b/c there are too many GD bunnies in the world. I just planted some flowers and those darn bunnies better find their meals elsewhere.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85799 May 19, 2013
So my first ever FB issue. My sister "de freinded" and blocked her POS husband. I had my settings so that only friends and friends of friends could see/comment. This morning I see that a comment made by my sister and commented on by me was "liked" by her POS (soon to be) ex because he went through the page of another friend in order to see/comment. Right?

I changed my settings to "friends only" and emailed the other friend to let her know what Douchebag was doing, but interestingly enough, I looked it up and him "liking" my comment is in violation of the restraining order. Score!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85800 May 19, 2013
Wow...it's like domestic disturbances, but on the internet.......

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85801 May 19, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85802 May 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/TEO4MTDNG5M9BB3OF#lastPos t
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TMGDDF9V0E...
Abby

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85803 May 19, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
So my first ever FB issue. My sister "de freinded" and blocked her POS husband. I had my settings so that only friends and friends of friends could see/comment. This morning I see that a comment made by my sister and commented on by me was "liked" by her POS (soon to be) ex because he went through the page of another friend in order to see/comment. Right?
I changed my settings to "friends only" and emailed the other friend to let her know what Douchebag was doing, but interestingly enough, I looked it up and him "liking" my comment is in violation of the restraining order. Score!
How is your sister doing otherwise? Your nephew?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85804 May 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
How is your sister doing otherwise? Your nephew?
Nephew is doing great. Settled in at school and all. Sister is better (measurably) but she's still so so so screwed up. I don't even know if she will ever be able to be "normal" again, but she *is* better.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85805 May 19, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, I've tried twice and the post keeps getting deleted. But anyway, I'm not making shti up. Apparently I can't post the link but it's from a yahoo article.
Top five are:
No. 1 Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, Calif.
Initial claimants: 27,042
No. 2 New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, N.Y.-N.J.-Pa.
Initial claimants: 8,693
No. 3 Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif.
Initial claimants: 6,562
No. 4 Chicago-Joliet-Naperville, Ill.
Initial claimants: 5,513
No. 5 San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.
Initial claimants: 3,011
And I don't live in Braidwood!
Your Article
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/20...

You really should read the ARTICLES and not just the headlines and the pretty picture captions.

"In the first quarter of 2013, the U.S. saw 914 mass layoff events in the private sector, costing 154,374 workers their jobs.

Those might sound like daunting statsóbut this is actually good news on the labor front. Given the depth and duration of the Great Recession, these results are considered a big rebound from previous years. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of layoff actions fell 29% from the same three-month period last year, and dropped 56% from the last quarter of 2012 when there were 2,123 mass layoffs in the private sector.

The total number of jobs lost is off 37% from a year ago when it totaled 246,958, and down 64% from 424,492 in the fourth quarter of 2012. These are the lowest first-quarter layoff and job loss levels since 1996."

"As it turns out, more than half the first-quarter layoffs were a function of workers completing a contract or seasonality."

"Manufacturing layoffs and job losses hit their lowest level since BLS started tracking the data in 1995. "

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85806 May 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Article
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/20...
You really should read the ARTICLES and not just the headlines and the pretty picture captions.
"In the first quarter of 2013, the U.S. saw 914 mass layoff events in the private sector, costing 154,374 workers their jobs.
Those might sound like daunting statsóbut this is actually good news on the labor front. Given the depth and duration of the Great Recession, these results are considered a big rebound from previous years. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of layoff actions fell 29% from the same three-month period last year, and dropped 56% from the last quarter of 2012 when there were 2,123 mass layoffs in the private sector.
The total number of jobs lost is off 37% from a year ago when it totaled 246,958, and down 64% from 424,492 in the fourth quarter of 2012. These are the lowest first-quarter layoff and job loss levels since 1996."
"As it turns out, more than half the first-quarter layoffs were a function of workers completing a contract or seasonality."
"Manufacturing layoffs and job losses hit their lowest level since BLS started tracking the data in 1995. "
Yes, 154,374 people losing their jobs is GREAT news for the economy!

Wow, you people just refuse to get it.

Everything's fine, folks! Don't look over here! Trust me, things are really turning around!

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#85807 May 19, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, 154,374 people losing their jobs is GREAT news for the economy!
Wow, you people just refuse to get it.
Everything's fine, folks! Don't look over here! Trust me, things are really turning around!
You sound as if there were only job losses in the last 5 years and no job gains. Jobs are lost and jobs are gained throughout the country's history. Some bad years and some good years. A lot more influences the job market besides politics. I'm not saying that the current administration is that great. But it takes a long time to recover from what began way before current and recent previous administrations mucked things up.

Just like the bunnies, you leap before you look. And don't feel bad about them. They were probably liberals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min harmonious 1,125,411
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min KiMare 50,603
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 41 min Frijoles 70,022
$15/hr. for fast food employees..... 44 min joey 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,643
Lou Holtz nails it! 2 hr GiveLouAShot 13
A General's Point of View. 3 hr Gen_Geo Parton 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Learn to Read 179,283
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]